PDA

View Full Version : Celtc and Johnny Hayes

Sylar
30-08-2017, 08:44 AM
After signing him in the summer from Aberdeen, Celtc are already considering allowing Hayes to leave.

Cardiff City are reportedly interested in a deal, with a loan deal being suggested as a fall-back if they can't permanently sign him.

Never mind, at least they weakened Aberdeen in signing him, right? :rolleyes:

Diclonius
30-08-2017, 08:50 AM
Absolutely ridiculous.

Pretty Boy
30-08-2017, 08:51 AM
That's mental.

jacomo
30-08-2017, 08:56 AM
Just stupid.

Jones28
30-08-2017, 09:01 AM
They've always done it. Weaken their opposition with financial muscle. Riordan was a classic example. Should've been a regular for Celtic and Scotland but they turned his head and he spent years wasting away on the bench.

Ozyhibby
30-08-2017, 09:08 AM
Hayes was leaving Aberdeen this summer no matter what. All this Celtic trying to weaken Aberdeen is tin foil on the head stuff. I would argue they have strengthened Aberdeen by giving them Christie. Celtic have zero need to worry about Aberdeen or anyone else domestically.
As for wasting Riordon's career? Give me a break. I think Deek needs to take some personal responsibilty there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

J-C
30-08-2017, 09:10 AM
How do we know he's not got personal issues at Celtic and he's being allowed to leave due to that, yes the cynic in me thinks he was signed to weaken Aberdeen but he was only ever going to be a squad player at Celtic, so no real loss to them if he leaves, maybe the signing of Roberts has moved this forward.

bingo70
30-08-2017, 09:13 AM
Hayes was leaving Aberdeen this summer no matter what. All this Celtic trying to weaken Aberdeen is tin foil on the head stuff. I would argue they have strengthened Aberdeen by giving them Christie. Celtic have zero need to worry about Aberdeen or anyone else domestically.
As for wasting Riordon's career? Give me a break. I think Deek needs to take some personal responsibilty there.

Spot on, Celtic finished about a zillion points ahead of everyone last season, the last thing they need to worry about is weakening the opposition, in fact if anything having a stronger opposition taking points off each other would probably help them.

More realistically I'm guessing he's got a bad attitude in training or is a bit of an erse and Rodgers regrets signing him

R'Albin
30-08-2017, 09:19 AM
How do we know he's not got personal issues at Celtic and he's being allowed to leave due to that, yes the cynic in me thinks he was signed to weaken Aberdeen but he was only ever going to be a squad player at Celtic, so no real loss to them if he leaves, maybe the signing of Roberts has moved this forward.

That was my assumption as well. If Cardiff are willing to take him on loan from Celtic I can only assume, given the ridiculous money kicking about down south, that they would also have been willing to buy him from Aberdeen.

He's come in, not had a brilliant start and they've ended up signing a player in Roberts that they didn't expect to be able to sign. It's unfortunate for Hayes but I don't think it's that strange.

ancient hibee
30-08-2017, 09:20 AM
Got Roberts don't need him.

Onceinawhile
30-08-2017, 09:32 AM
Celtic gave then Christie and Mackay-stevens, they've not weakened them.

NadeAteMyLunch!
30-08-2017, 09:47 AM
Bizarre signing in the first place. Decent for Aberdeen but never going to be good enough for the level Celtic should be trying to push on to

Stokesy's on fire
30-08-2017, 12:16 PM

He's rank these days I honestly think Dundee United got the best of GMS he went down hill once he left them hence why he ended up at the likes of Aberdeen.

Firestarter
30-08-2017, 12:23 PM
They signed him on the back of Roberts leaving. He's not good enough for Celtic. If he does go on loan the only party that will lose out will be Celtic.

jgl07
30-08-2017, 01:02 PM

Mackay-Stevens sunk without trace when he was in Glasgow.

Ozyhibby
30-08-2017, 01:12 PM

[emoji106][emoji3]

ancient hibee
30-08-2017, 02:33 PM

Yep the mainstream press were right on to it.

Mibbes Aye
30-08-2017, 02:37 PM

Out of his depth :agree:

heidtheba
30-08-2017, 04:25 PM
I've missed this, but why do some people call them Celtc without the i?
Apologies for being genuinely clueless about this...

bingo70
30-08-2017, 04:27 PM

Their fans had a banner at Easter road with Celtic spelt wrong.

30-08-2017, 04:27 PM

The sold him down the river.

WhileTheChief..
30-08-2017, 04:28 PM

There's been so may tin foil on head threads and posts recently that if the colour scheme was changed to maroon it'd be like kickback on here.

High-On-Hibs
30-08-2017, 04:31 PM

Because they can't spell their own clubs 6 letter name.

https://c1.staticflickr.com/3/2160/1613249457_c33fc10ec0_z.jpg?zz=1

heidtheba
30-08-2017, 04:34 PM
Because they can't spell their own clubs 6 letter name.

https://c1.staticflickr.com/3/2160/1613249457_c33fc10ec0_z.jpg?zz=1

Oh now that's just brilliant!

I went to Moray House to do teacher training and we were told that there had been a student strike there a few years before us. Apparently, some had hoisted up a banner saying something along the lines of "Moray House Teaching College Students Against X, Y or Z'. Can't remember specifically what it was. The only issue was they'd written "Moray House Teaching Collage Students". Ahem...

NORTHERNHIBBY
30-08-2017, 04:47 PM

He was told that there were 20,000 leagues under the see so he went looking for one that Aberdeen might win.

Radium
30-08-2017, 04:50 PM
Oh now that's just brilliant!

I went to Moray House to do teacher training and we were told that there had been a student strike there a few years before us. Apparently, some had hoisted up a banner saying something along the lines of "Moray House Teaching College Students Against X, Y or Z'. Can't remember specifically what it was. The only issue was they'd written "Moray House Teaching Collage Students". Ahem...

Heriot-Watt Student Association in the late 80's got some 'Anti-facism' t-shirts printed up ...

stokesmessiah
30-08-2017, 04:52 PM
Could we get him?

Biggie
30-08-2017, 08:40 PM
Could we get him?

Nah mate, he'd be out his depth at hibs

MichaelTheCelt
31-08-2017, 12:46 AM
What an absolutely bizarre and quite frankly embarrassing affair :confused:

EDIT

That is if the rumour is true.

greenlex
31-08-2017, 01:14 AM
What an absolutely bizarre and quite frankly embarrassing affair :confused:

EDIT

That is if the rumour is true.

What rumour?

Forza Fred
31-08-2017, 01:35 AM
Could be swimming against the current here, but I think most posters are on a fishing exercise on this thread. here..

I'll wave goodbye as I get my coat....

MichaelTheCelt
31-08-2017, 01:49 AM
What rumour?

That Hayes is going to Cardiff.

Dashing Bob S
31-08-2017, 05:58 AM
Would like to see Celtic pip us to Moult's signature, so that he can get the experience of doing nothing for a year before they send him out on loan to us next season.