PDA

View Full Version : Cup Final Team Caricature Player Trading Cards

hibby6270
29-08-2017, 10:01 PM
If anyone is interested, came across this listing on eBay.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HIBERNIAN-FC-HIBS-2016-SCOTTISH-CUP-WINNERS-CARICATURE-CARD-SET-/152681908044?hash=item238c8d074c:g:Is8AAOSwe9dZpRq x

Cards cover the 14 players who played that glorious day in May plus an Alan Stubbs card. 15 cards for £6-50 (Free P&P).
Same seller also selling a fully framed set of the cards - £24-99.

It's sad that outside sources are creating this sort of memorabilia of the Cup Final. Can't help but think this is the sort of novelty item that would have sold by the shed load in the club shop. Ah well.:rolleyes:

ano hibby
30-08-2017, 12:33 AM
Guess the club got a boost via programme sales by giving the collectors cards away last season. Ended up a nice set.
Must have worked well as doing it again this year albeit quality doesn't seem as good.
General point for me is they could have re/stocked various SCF items & made good money. Would have to say though the Macron gear this year is very good & guess is selling well.

hibeg
30-08-2017, 08:20 PM
Thanks for posting Hibby, duly ordered.

hibby6270
30-08-2017, 10:46 PM

No problem Hibeg. Ordered a set as well to add to the growing collection of SC2016 stuff. :thumbsup:

Iggy Pope
02-09-2017, 12:59 PM

Seconded. Looks a nice wee set.

ano hibby
03-09-2017, 12:24 PM
Sorry I should have said thanks for posting too...I ordered a set & they've arrived & are a very nice addition to SCF memorabilia.
Nice narrative on back of each card too.

It should be noted that Splodge, the Hibby artist/caricaturist also has a really nice set of SCF cards which he has framed.

SteveHFC
03-09-2017, 12:43 PM
Sorry I should have said thanks for posting too...I ordered a set & they've arrived & are a very nice addition to SCF memorabilia.

It should be noted that Splodge, the Hibby artist/caricaturist also has a really nice set of SCF cards which he has framed.

One of us should start s thread on that. :wink:

tanfield
03-09-2017, 01:33 PM

I've ordered this set on eBay and also got a set from Splodge (unframed).

hibby6270
06-09-2017, 04:26 PM
I've ordered this set on eBay and also got a set from Splodge (unframed).

Is the set of cards by Splodge still available?
How do you go about buying them and how much are (were) they?

EastThomasSTboy
06-09-2017, 04:37 PM
PM sent re set of SC cards.

tanfield
06-09-2017, 07:12 PM
Is the set of cards by Splodge still available?
How do you go about buying them and how much are (were) they?

I actually got contacted by Splodge and made arrangements to see what cards he had. Picked up a famous five set, a set from the league cup 1991 win in addition to the Scottish cup set so not sure what the Scottish cup ones were on their own.

Can put you in touch with him if you want?

hibby6270
07-09-2017, 09:47 AM
Can put you in touch with him if you want?

Thanks T.
Splodge has contacted me direct. I'll speak to him to see what he has got.

Virginia Hibs
21-09-2017, 09:38 PM
I bought those caricature cards from the guy on e-bay, haven't seen them yet but will when back in Scotland in a couple of weeks. I hope people used the best offer function as the most I've heard anyone pay is £20 inc postage.

Others i know who bought them say they are good but smaller than expected.

Would be interested in what Mr Splodge has to offer.

Bishop Hibee
21-09-2017, 10:09 PM
Never really look on here but glad I did. Set ordered.