PDA

View Full Version : Spartans v Linfield

Billy Whizz
29-08-2017, 08:09 PM
Tasty fixture in Edinburgh this weekend, might try and see if I can get along
Heard today that Spartans had to fly over 500 tickets for Linfield, so looking like a healthy crowd

Jonnyboy
29-08-2017, 08:37 PM
Heard today that Spartans had to fly over 500 tickets for Linfield, so looking like a healthy crowd

There's nothing healthy about 500 Irish Rangers fans in Edinburgh, Billy :greengrin

Billy Whizz
29-08-2017, 08:39 PM
There's nothing healthy about 500 Irish Rangers fans in Edinburgh, Billy :greengrin

Never thought of it that way, probably just need a football fix, if there's anything else worth going too, please let me know

Jonnyboy
29-08-2017, 08:48 PM
Never thought of it that way, probably just need a football fix, if there's anything else worth going too, please let me know

I'm heading down to Berwick to watch the oldest Rangers club in the Scottish Leagues. They play QOTS so will be vinteresting to see how Dobbie plays :agree:

Billy Whizz
29-08-2017, 08:51 PM
I'm heading down to Berwick to watch the oldest Rangers club in the Scottish Leagues. They play QOTS so will be vinteresting to see how Dobbie plays :agree:

Is that in the Irn Bru Cup?
Not sure if the Hibs lads can play, as they were in the team against Elgin

Jonnyboy
29-08-2017, 08:53 PM
Is that in the Irn Bru Cup?
Not sure if the Hibs lads can play, as they were in the team against Elgin

Yep and I think you're right about our lads

Billy Whizz
29-08-2017, 08:54 PM
Yep and I think you're right about our lads

Donaldson's injured anyway, Ben Stirling hurt him in the game at the weekend

silverhibee
29-08-2017, 08:56 PM

When is this Billy, Saturday ?

Just looked at the capacity at Spartans, just over 3500, the stand holds 600, shirley you can't fit in 3000 round the sides and behind one goal. :confused:

Billy Whizz
29-08-2017, 08:56 PM
When is this Billy, Saturday ?

Yes, 3pm at Ainslie Park

CB_NO3
29-08-2017, 09:18 PM
Might fire along to Ainslie. Any excuse to wind up a few Huns.

silverhibee
29-08-2017, 09:24 PM
Might fire along to Ainslie. Any excuse to wind up a few Huns.

This has trouble written all over it.

Smartie
29-08-2017, 09:28 PM

It's probably not great for your health and wellbeing to call Linfield fans "Irish" either.

cabbageandribs1875
29-08-2017, 09:33 PM
wtf possessed someone at spartans to line up a friendly against rangers loving sectarian bigots, seriously ? did they not think of surrounding good decent residents ? did they not think of the staff at morrisons

CB_NO3
29-08-2017, 09:35 PM
wtf possessed someone at spartans to line up a friendly against rangers loving sectarian bigots, seriously ? did they not think of surrounding good decent residents ? did they not think of the staff at morrisons
Its a cup tie is it not?

cabbageandribs1875
29-08-2017, 09:36 PM
Its a cup tie is it not?

oh right :duck: tf we aren't in the championship this season

Billy Whizz
29-08-2017, 09:37 PM

Irn Bru Cup. It was supposed to be Albion Rovers that Linfield were playing, but they were thrown out the tournament this week, for playing an eligible player

IberianHibernian
29-08-2017, 09:41 PM
This has trouble written all over it.That`s what I thought when I saw the draw . Originally against Albion Rovers which might have been even worse with Coatbridge not exactly a hun stronghold . 500 away fans though not clear if that`s 500 tickets sold in Ireland or to Linfield fans including those who live in Scotland as there`ll be lots of them ( students etc even in summer ) as well as Scots choosing to support Linfield for more sinister reasons . Police will have thought it`d be an easy weekend with no matches at ER or Tynecastle but may have some work to do . Is there anything for such a big crowd of away fans to do before a match?

Jonnyboy
29-08-2017, 10:01 PM
It's probably not great for your health and wellbeing to call Linfield fans "Irish" either.

:wink:

silverhibee
29-08-2017, 10:27 PM
That`s what I thought when I saw the draw . Originally against Albion Rovers which might have been even worse with Coatbridge not exactly a hun stronghold . 500 away fans though not clear if that`s 500 tickets sold in Ireland or to Linfield fans including those who live in Scotland as there`ll be lots of them ( students etc even in summer ) as well as Scots choosing to support Linfield for more sinister reasons . Police will have thought it`d be an easy weekend with no matches at ER or Tynecastle but may have some work to do . Is there anything for such a big crowd of away fans to do before a match?

I doubt there will be any chance of them getting in to the Village hotel which is closest to Spartans, there options are Stockbridge or taking there chances in pubs like the Ferry Boat, Anchor bar or the Doocot, I doubt they will be welcome in the Anchor mind you.

The other problem is this will be a PATG on the day where anyone will be able to get in to the ground and for me that's not the brightest of ideas, the polis will have to be on there toes on Saturday inside and outside the ground.

Could be a sell out. :greengrin

Iggy Pope
30-08-2017, 05:59 PM
Irn Bru Cup. It was supposed to be Albion Rovers that Linfield were playing, but they were thrown out the tournament this week, for playing an eligible player

Linfield playing in Coatbridge would have been mighty interesting.

Keith_M
30-08-2017, 06:11 PM

So originally Linfield were supposed to be playing in Coatbridge?

Now that would have led to some interesting headlines.

Smartie
30-08-2017, 06:19 PM
so originally linfield were supposed to be playing in coatbridge?

Now that would have led to some interesting head injuries.

ftfy.

Kavinho
30-08-2017, 07:22 PM

Fielding as eligible player and getting thrown out Sounds exactly like the SFA we all know and love...

NB - Presuming the IrnBru Cup is in fact under the jurisdiction of the Scottish FA...?