PDA

View Full Version : Texan Hibees

jacomo
29-08-2017, 07:25 PM
There's a few posters on here who live in and around the Houston area. I hope you and yours are all ok. Some flooding.

techie
29-08-2017, 07:40 PM
There's a few posters on here who live in and around the Houston area. I hope you and yours are all ok. Some flooding.
Son up in Cypress. Still safe and dry indoors. Hope you are too.

Firestarter
29-08-2017, 07:42 PM
Good call, have some family there too. Stay safe Houston Hibees

HoboHarry
29-08-2017, 07:45 PM
Thanks for the thoughts - we were told to evacuate our house at 5am yesterday and by noon our house was under around 300mm of water. Not sure how high it was when it peaked (probably around 1.2 meters) but we have some clean up ahead of us without doubt.

Only moved here in May - welcome to Texas......

Haymaker
29-08-2017, 07:47 PM
Thanks for the thoughts - we were told to evacuate our house at 5am yesterday and by noon our house was under around 300mm of water. Not sure how high it was when it peaked (probably around 1.2 meters) but we have some clean up ahead of us without doubt.

**** me mate. Glad you're safe.

Billy Whizz
29-08-2017, 07:48 PM

That's terrible. Sounds like it will be a while before you get back to it

HoboHarry
29-08-2017, 07:48 PM
**** me mate. Glad you're safe.
Had to get out quickly mate - I'm ***** at swimming. We are hearing though that we may get back tomorrow to start clean up. Here's hoping......

blindsummit
30-08-2017, 07:37 PM
I'm safely up in Dallas but have a lot of friends and customers in Houston. It's been pretty bad. Hope all those in Houston that are on the board here are OK.

Deansy
30-08-2017, 08:20 PM
Seen a picture of the hotel my mate and me were in when we went to Houston and it was flooded - the scary thing is it was situated on quite an elevated bit of the land there so it shows how deep these floods are !.Best wishes and stay safe to all the Hibees out there !

Sir David Gray
30-08-2017, 10:34 PM
It looks horrific from the pictures I've seen.

Best wishes to everyone in that area and I hope you're all safe and get back to normal as quickly as possible.

Lancs Harp
30-08-2017, 10:42 PM
Thoughts are with you.

Not on the same scale but we flooded twice in three years living in Congleton in Cheshire a few years back. Like Hobo the first time we flooded was just a few weeks after we had moved in. Not a pleasant experience, it just seems to take so long to get everything approaching normal again, took our place about 6 weeks until it was declared dry and then the rebuilding begins. We had about 18 inches of water in our place, we lost virtually everything on the ground floor. Whole communities hve been wiped out in Texas it must be awful. Stay strong out there!!

HoboHarry
30-08-2017, 10:43 PM
It's astonishing how quickly the water rose and also how quickly it subsided. We are left with a mess of course but clean up and interior demo work has already begun.

Thecat23
30-08-2017, 10:55 PM
It's astonishing how quickly the water rose and also how quickly it subsided. We are left with a mess of course but clean up and interior demo work has already begun.

End of the day as long as you and the family are alright, everything else can be fixed. May take time but hopefully you will get there. 👍🏼

SanFranHibs
31-08-2017, 12:12 AM
I'm safely up in Dallas but have a lot of friends and customers in Houston. It's been pretty bad. Hope all those in Houston that are on the board here are OK.

I'm also in Dallas, fast becoming the apartment capital of the world I think.

I was actually going to move to the Texas coast six months ago but could not decide between Galveston and South Padre Island.

All the best to people down there.

houstonhibbee
31-08-2017, 02:27 AM
I just relocated from The Woodlands to Santa Clara/ San Jose in June so Im ok but my 10 year old son lives with his Mom in Kingwood and they just evacuated to San Antonio as there is no power or food since the San Jacinto River broke its banks and flooded the freeway and surrounding area. A friend and fellow Hibee in West Houston had to evacuate there home two days ago and me ex's family are all stranded in Beaumont right now.

Sorry to hear your troubles Harry though hope its not too much damage.......

Hibby70
31-08-2017, 06:47 AM
Stayed in Wimberley a good few years back and they had a terrible time in 2015 when houses were literally washed away and families killed.

Texans are some of the nicest people I have ever met.

Hope it all gets back to normal as quick as possible.

jacomo
31-08-2017, 06:59 AM
Glad to hear folk are safe.

HoboHarry
31-08-2017, 03:08 PM
I just relocated from The Woodlands to Santa Clara/ San Jose in June so Im ok but my 10 year old son lives with his Mom in Kingwood and they just evacuated to San Antonio as there is no power or food since the San Jacinto River broke its banks and flooded the freeway and surrounding area. A friend and fellow Hibee in West Houston had to evacuate there home two days ago and me ex's family are all stranded in Beaumont right now.

Sorry to hear your troubles Harry though hope its not too much damage.......

Thanks mate. All of our personal stuff was upstairs and it was saved. Tearing off sheetrock now to prevent mould growth etc...

ancient hibee
31-08-2017, 03:14 PM
September 2015 we travelled by rail from New Orleans to Los Angeles through the areas affected now.Has that track route been badly affected?

blindsummit
31-08-2017, 07:03 PM
I'm also in Dallas, fast becoming the apartment capital of the world I think.

I was actually going to move to the Texas coast six months ago but could not decide between Galveston and South Padre Island.

All the best to people down there.

I'm in Uptown Dallas so there's new apartments going up everywhere. It's boomtown. Great city though, I absolutely love living here.. And I'm a season ticket holder at my other green and white team, the Dallas Stars!

SanFranHibs
31-08-2017, 07:07 PM
September 2015 we travelled by rail from New Orleans to Los Angeles through the areas affected now.Has that track route been badly affected?

Not sure if the rail line runs close to Interstate 10 but if it does it would have been affected. I-10 which runs from Florida by New Orleans all the way to Santa Monica, CA runs right through Houston.

SanFranHibs
31-08-2017, 07:10 PM
I'm in Uptown Dallas so there's new apartments going up everywhere. It's boomtown. Great city though, I absolutely love living here.. And I'm a season ticket holder at my other green and white team, the Dallas Stars!

Right now I am just the other side of 75 and on the Katy Trail 4 times a week. I still can't believe they are filling all the apartments. In fact, I know they aren't, which is why the ones I am moving to next to the Mockingbird Rail station are giving 6 free weeks.

blindsummit
31-08-2017, 07:33 PM
Right now I am just the other side of 75 and on the Katy Trail 4 times a week. I still can't believe they are filling all the apartments. In fact, I know they aren't, which is why the ones I am moving to next to the Mockingbird Rail station are giving 6 free weeks.

I am on the Katy Trail all the time mate, in fact the Katy Trail ice House is my local! We should meet there sometime for sure.

SanFranHibs
01-09-2017, 12:58 PM
I am on the Katy Trail all the time mate, in fact the Katy Trail ice House is my local! We should meet there sometime for sure.

You have probably walked by me as I am 'running' (slothing) up the trail.

Never been in the Ice House although when I pass it it looks like a real fun place.

Yes, we should meet sometime and laugh about the Gorgie mob although we might be asked to leave for being too loud.