PDA

View Full Version : What a guy

Moulin Yarns
29-08-2017, 01:00 PM
Neil Lennon has a pint with Dundee fans

https://www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk/fp/brilliant-hibs-boss-celtic-legend-neil-lennon-hailed/

JimBHibees
29-08-2017, 01:06 PM
Like stories like that. Top man.

Iggy Pope
29-08-2017, 01:16 PM
Turned up in Tamsons after the QOS clincher. He's a great guy.
And by the way, The Clep is a great and well preserved wee boozer, worthy of a visit and a short walk to the ground(s).
Well patroned by 70s / 80s Hawkhill Branch people back in the day.

HUTCHYHIBBY
29-08-2017, 01:20 PM
Aye, I can remember a few visits to there on that bus in the early 90s too.

High-On-Hibs
29-08-2017, 01:25 PM
A great guy, only hated by the worst sort of people.

Hibbyradge
29-08-2017, 01:34 PM
Neil Lennon has a pint with Dundee fans

https://www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk/fp/brilliant-hibs-boss-celtic-legend-neil-lennon-hailed/

I hate to be pedantic, but he didn't have a pint. :na na:

I think I read somewhere that he became T total.

Albanian Hibs
29-08-2017, 01:37 PM
I hate to be pedantic, but he didn't have a pint. :na na:

I think I read somewhere that he became T total.

He def had a pint in Tamsons that night he came in.

Hibbyradge
29-08-2017, 01:40 PM
He def had a pint in Tamsons that night he came in.

:aok:

Dashing Bob S
29-08-2017, 01:46 PM
A great guy, only hated by the worst sort of people.

Exactly this. As a rule of thumb it's a pretty decent measure of how much an utterly worthless dim ****er somebody is by the extent of their dislike of Neil Lennon.

WhileTheChief..
29-08-2017, 01:54 PM
Don't think he's tee-total anymore.

On a recent HIbs TV interview he was asked if he would treat himself to glass of wine that night. Maybe a bottle he replied!!

He deserved it, it was after the Rangers game :greengrin

High-On-Hibs
29-08-2017, 02:01 PM
Exactly this. As a rule of thumb it's a pretty decent measure of how much an utterly worthless dim ****er somebody is by the extent of their dislike of Neil Lennon.

:agree:

Whenever I meet someone for the first time, I ask them to rate Neil Lennon out of 10. Anything less than a 7 and I simply walk away.

Callyballybe
29-08-2017, 02:48 PM
He's 'good people' is Lennon.

Canon Hannan
29-08-2017, 03:00 PM

Whenever I meet someone for the first time, I ask them to rate Neil Lennon out of 10. Anything less than a 7 and I simply walk away.

Brilliant
Love that attitude. 🙏

offshorehibby
29-08-2017, 03:13 PM
And by the way, The Clep is a great and well preserved wee boozer, worthy of a visit and a short walk to the ground(s).

I was in Tamsons that night, the Mrs was in her element getting a couple of photos with him. Although i think her Stoksey in the Harp & Castle beats it.

Bostonhibby
29-08-2017, 03:37 PM
Posted below on 1st June last year when he was rumoured to be joining us. Not much changes. My friend says Neil loves it at Hibs.

"I've no idea if he will be manager or not but I think he knows how to get a team playing and he is very likely to be the right guy to get us up, despite recent experiences at Bolton Lennon is a winner.

I used to buy into all the bad press that he got but if you look at where that comes from, as another poster has said it does appear to me he looks more sinned against than sinned. When you consider that he incurs all the stick based on what he does / says around the football field or on football matters I guess it goes with the territory but some of the hate that has come his way personally is just OTT whatever your view of him as a former player and manager.

Which brings me to something related I posted a while ago on some other thread.

I met Lennon through a mutual friend in a bar in Glasgow around the time when he had received the bullet threat, he was a quiet spoken, friendly thoughtful guy, well thought of by my friend and others in the local area.

When talking, the subject inevitably came to Hibs - I was a bit taken aback that he spoke at length about us, and had much better knowledge than I would have expected, he then volunteered a few funny stories about his time and friendship with Martin O'Neill. When he and what looked like a bodyguard left together my friend said Neil had been through the mill but didn't seem to let it affect his actual life.

If he ends up at Hibs I suspect he will get us up and move on. I'd take that as further evidence of progress on top of this years cup runs and win and next years as well".

18Hibee75
29-08-2017, 09:10 PM

Whenever I meet someone for the first time, I ask them to rate Neil Lennon out of 10. Anything less than a 7 and I simply walk away.To be fair if you asked a hun I'm certain he would walk away before you could.

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk

tamig
29-08-2017, 10:02 PM
The Clep has always been our last stop before the games in Dundee since the early 80s too. The beer's not a patch on what it used to be though. That's the self inflicted demise of S&N though.

High-On-Hibs
29-08-2017, 11:06 PM
To be fair if you asked a hun I'm certain he would walk away before you could.

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk

But they don't do walking away. :confused:

declan macmanus
30-08-2017, 04:39 AM
The Clep has always been our last stop before the games in Dundee since the early 80s too. The beer's not a patch on what it used to be though. That's the self inflicted demise of S&N though.

Agreed. Followed by a steak pie from the butchers next door. It was so hot you couldn't take a bite until half time...:greengrin

Looper
30-08-2017, 09:56 AM
But they don't do walking away. :confused:

http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/top%20marks.gif:greengrin

scoopyboy
30-08-2017, 11:42 AM
I was in there before the game.

Good old fashioned pub that could have been used quite easily for filming Ashes to Ashes or Life on Mars.

emerald green
31-08-2017, 05:49 PM
Great story. Just wish there were more stories going the rounds like this one rather than all the negative pish surrounding football.