PDA

View Full Version : Scott Bain

Diclonius
27-08-2017, 09:19 PM
Was walking to the Dundee "tunnel" after the game when one of our support started yelling at him. He laughed and made a heart symbol with his fingers. Checked his wiki and he's from Edinburgh.

Is he one of them? Could partly explain why he played out of his skin today.

EDIT: He is. https://www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk/fp/im-backing-hibees-scottish-cup-final-says-jambo-bain/

HONG KONG PHOOEY
27-08-2017, 09:31 PM
Was walking to the Dundee "tunnel" after the game when one of our support started yelling at him. He laughed and made a heart symbol with his fingers. Checked his wiki and he's from Edinburgh.

EDIT: He is. https://www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk/fp/im-backing-hibees-scottish-cup-final-says-jambo-bain/
He's a prick but had a decent game. One player they had but heyho

MWHIBBIES
27-08-2017, 09:33 PM
Was mouthing off and gesturing to the Hibs support a lot, just another strange yam

gogsy23
27-08-2017, 09:35 PM
Dalkeith. Jambo, quiet guy decent keeper
Too good for Dundee and then

Thecat23
27-08-2017, 09:37 PM
He's actually a good lad. He's a Jambo but nice guy! Met him through a friend when he was at Alloa spoke about Hibs and Hearts.

Anyway he's a good keeper and no surprise he played so well today.

givescotlandfreedom
27-08-2017, 09:48 PM
He played very well but think we should be on his case next time we play as the shouting at him was distracting him. It worked wonders with Boruc

Northernhibee
27-08-2017, 09:50 PM
Was very impressed at him today. Wound Stokes up, wound the crowd up whilst putting in a very good performance. The sort of player who you love if he's in your team.

Diclonius
27-08-2017, 10:11 PM
Was very impressed at him today. Wound Stokes up, wound the crowd up whilst putting in a very good performance. The sort of player who you love if he's in your team.

:agree:

If we didn't already have such a good keeper I reckon he'd be an excellent signing.

Speedway
27-08-2017, 10:17 PM
Wasn't it reported that Bain was the target if the Marciano deal hadn't gone through?

ancient hibee
27-08-2017, 10:18 PM
His save from Murray low at the post was outstanding.

Sir David Gray
27-08-2017, 10:20 PM

I knew there had to be an explanation for his heroics today.

Being a Jambo, he's clearly got 7 fingers on each hand.

Scottie
27-08-2017, 10:27 PM

:faf:

jgl07
27-08-2017, 11:14 PM

No. All Jambos have five fingers on one hand and one on the other.

CB_NO3
28-08-2017, 05:51 AM
The prick went out his way to block Stokes and get him booked.

Borderhibbie76
28-08-2017, 06:46 AM
The prick went out his way to block Stokes and get him booked.Stupid.from Stokesy tho...he should.know better mate

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Hibbyradge
28-08-2017, 06:57 AM

That's not what I saw.

Frazerbob
28-08-2017, 07:13 AM
He had a great game, time wasted at every opportunity and engaged in a bit of banter with us. Good player and a pantomime villain.

Pretty Boy
28-08-2017, 07:18 AM
Decent guy and a good keeper. Should be in the Scotland squad ahead of Hamilton.

MB62
28-08-2017, 07:53 AM

That's not what I saw.

That IS what I saw, although Stokes could easily have avoided him but instead chose to run right in to him. The keeper had a look over his shoulder to see where Stokes was and tried to step in his way. Stokes could have side stepped him no problem, but didn't. Thought the both of them deserved to be booked for it.

greenlex
28-08-2017, 08:12 AM
That's not what I saw.

Doesn't look like it from the tv angle but he definitely did deliberately check his run.

where'stheslope
28-08-2017, 11:34 AM
That IS what I saw, although Stokes could easily have avoided him but instead chose to run right in to him. The keeper had a look over his shoulder to see where Stokes was and tried to step in his way. Stokes could have side stepped him no problem, but didn't. Thought the both of them deserved to be booked for it.

As the keeper had rolled the ball out to a defender, he was only doing what every striker does to stop the keeper taking a quick kick out.

I thought after last week Stoksie should have known better, especially in a live televised game.

Lucky he only got yellow, off the ball incidents usually see RED!

Love seeing the goalie getting rumbled, but it could have cost us dear with that kind of challenge!!!

CB_NO3
28-08-2017, 11:39 AM
As the keeper had rolled the ball out to a defender, he was only doing what every striker does to stop the keeper taking a quick kick out.

I thought after last week Stoksie should have known better, especially in a live televised game.

Lucky he only got yellow, off the ball incidents usually see RED!

Love seeing the goalie getting rumbled, but it could have cost us dear with that kind of challenge!!!
The keeper knew what he was doing. He deliberately stepped infront of Stokes path. I had the perfect line to watch it.

JimBHibees
28-08-2017, 11:48 AM

:not worth :greengrin

LaMotta
28-08-2017, 08:30 PM
The keeper knew what he beewas doing. He deliberately stepped infront of Stokes path. I had the perfect line to watch it.

:agree:Stokes tried to avoid him twice and Bain kept moving into his path before he barged him. Booking for both would have been fair.

Speedy
28-08-2017, 08:56 PM
Decent guy and a good keeper. Should be in the Scotland squad ahead of Hamilton.

Easily. And McGregor for that matter, no point having him anywhere near the squad.

OsloHibs
28-08-2017, 09:16 PM
I suggested him on another thread, and got the "usual" posters telling me where to gtf.. I've always rated him as a keeper and think if he was at an even better club- you'd see just how good he could be.

NORTHERNHIBBY
29-08-2017, 06:18 AM
The keeper knew what he was doing. He deliberately stepped infront of Stokes path. I had the perfect line to watch it.

He won't be the last player to try and wind Stokes up into a yellow or a red card this season.

easty
10-09-2017, 05:08 PM
Just saw the goals from Rangers v Dundee...was that the same keeper for Dundee or a hopeless doppelgänger?

ivan03
10-09-2017, 08:58 PM
He was a Jambo as a kid but doesn't bother now, his words. Good mates with Kevin Thomson, was at the Scottish cup after party at easter road and Lewis' testimonial dinner & was DESPERATE to sign for Hibs last year, Hibs enquired but Dundee wanted a million.