PDA

View Full Version : Slivka.

greenlex
27-08-2017, 04:49 PM
This boy is absolute class. Has to start every game.. What a fantastic piece of business.

truehibernian
27-08-2017, 04:51 PM
:top marksmy MoTM - excellent player.

cleanyman
27-08-2017, 04:52 PM
Classy player

Love him

Big_Franck
27-08-2017, 04:53 PM
He has certainly started his Hibs career well. He rarely gives the ball away, he puts in a good shift and is always making an angle to allow his teammates to give him the ball. His decision making, weighting of his passes etc. is top class and he has a bit of dig about him as well. Might need to practice the shooting wi the left foot though :greengrin

Onceinawhile
27-08-2017, 05:12 PM
:top marksmy MoTM - excellent player.

Thought Bartley edged it, but he's absolutely a player. Reckon in a month or so once he's gotten used to Scottish football he'll be one of the best out with celtic.

B.H.F.C
27-08-2017, 05:22 PM
Bit wasted out on the right IMO.

Hibeewilly
27-08-2017, 05:35 PM
Thought Bartley edged it, but he's absolutely a player. Reckon in a month or so once he's gotten used to Scottish football he'll be one of the best out with celtic.
I agree I thought Bartley was immense today but Slivka is a player no doubt about that:top marks

Sir David Gray
27-08-2017, 05:37 PM
Slivka is different class and should start every game that he's available for.

lord bunberry
27-08-2017, 05:40 PM
I thought he was decent but Bartley and Stokes were better imo.

Ell_Chrisso
27-08-2017, 05:50 PM
Wasted out wide. Has an eye for a pass and is so composed on the ball.

Mrs Hibees
27-08-2017, 06:28 PM
Dundee should be thanking their Keeper tonight. I always think keeper getting MoM tells it's own story

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

Sammy7nil
27-08-2017, 06:49 PM
I thought he was decent but Bartley and Stokes were better imo.

Agree I don't get the - he is class, MoM, must be first pick etc. He has had a solid start and scored a great goal Ibrox but he is going to have to do an awful lot more before I start to agree he is class.

SChibs
27-08-2017, 06:52 PM
Wasted out on the right, would be a very good replacement for mcginn I think

lord bunberry
27-08-2017, 06:52 PM
Agree I don't get the - he is class, MoM, must be first pick etc. He has had a solid start and scored a great goal Ibrox but he is going to have to do an awful lot more before I start to agree he is class.

I would agree with that. He's showing potential, but let's not get carried away.

bingo70
27-08-2017, 07:32 PM

I think he's been absolutely brilliant whenever I've seen him and well worth the praise he's been getting.........

.....apart from today, I don't think he's a right midfielder and he seems wasted out there, don't think he was anything special today at all.

essexhibee
27-08-2017, 07:35 PM
Boys quality but really wish we would play him through the middle.

Nicho87
27-08-2017, 07:48 PM
Tin hat on. Good initial start. Very excited by him, no. Hope I'm wrong

Northernhibee
27-08-2017, 07:51 PM
Super classy player. Fyvie deluxe.

random sub
27-08-2017, 08:51 PM
Hope he wasn't brought in as a replacement for McGinn....always seemed a bit like a possibility

Stevie Reid
27-08-2017, 09:08 PM
Wasted out on the right, would be a very good replacement for mcginn I think

He's definitely not wasted there, with Marvin and McGinn running the show centrally, Slivka did some fine work out wide, linking well with Gray, and still showed in the middle quite a lot as well.

Think he looks really classy. Definitely won't get carried away but really surprised at those who say they haven't seen much so far.

Mikey09
27-08-2017, 10:37 PM

Eh? Why wouldn't you be excited by him? Great touch, great vision, hardly wastes a pass, scores goals, international player, seems to have fitted in with ease, has a bit dig about him and is so composed on the ball. I could go on.

Vault Boy
27-08-2017, 10:44 PM
Looks a class act.

Tobias Funke
27-08-2017, 10:48 PM

Your eyes definitely painted on if that's the case.

The Leith Dutch
28-08-2017, 09:02 AM
Hope he wasn't brought in as a replacement for McGinn....always seemed a bit like a possibility

Not sure if he was brought in as a replacement but I think he's tailor made for the job if McGinn does go.

Stokesy's on fire
28-08-2017, 11:15 AM
Slivka for me was Hibernians MOTM yesterday showed real hunger and determination whilst also playing some nice football.

Sammy7nil
28-08-2017, 11:31 AM

I am trying to rub the paint off mine too.

He has had a solid start exactly what you would expect he no doubt has a lot of potential - Is he Class? Not proved it to me yet, I hope he does.

Nicho87
28-08-2017, 11:56 AM

Again I said it was a positive start. Fantastic, no. Sorry to upset you.

The_Exile
28-08-2017, 11:58 AM
Best player at the club IMO.

patlowe
28-08-2017, 11:59 AM
Not sure if he was brought in as a replacement but I think he's tailor made for the job if McGinn does go.

Not sure he has the power or dynamism of McGinn but his overall quality on the ball would definitely help fill the gap. Apart from his goal against Rangers he hasn't done anything outstanding, but his touch and weight of pass jump out a mile away in this league IMO. Reckon he'll be a bit of a hero given time.

147lothian
28-08-2017, 01:43 PM
What a bit of business that was, class act!

LaMotta
28-08-2017, 08:06 PM
I am trying to rub the paint off mine too.

He has had a solid start exactly what you would expect he no doubt has a lot of potential - Is he Class? Not proved it to me yet, I hope he does.

agreed. I like him so far but some of the praise is way ott.

Unseen work
01-09-2017, 05:10 AM
Seems to have a bit of class about him.

His first touch and weight of pass are always brilliant.

Would like to see him impose himself on the game a bit more, maybe harsh as he has been playing out of position on the right wing.

excited to see him play against Scotland tonight

Dashing Bob S
01-09-2017, 07:38 AM
Seems to have a bit of class about him.

His first touch and weight of pass are always brilliant.

Would like to see him impose himself on the game a bit more, maybe harsh as he has been playing out of position on the right wing.

excited to see him play against Scotland tonight

Would love to see him destroy Scotland. Absolutely destroy them.

WhileTheChief..
01-09-2017, 07:50 AM
Hope he has a stinker tonight and we put 5 past them.

frazeHFC
01-09-2017, 09:47 AM

:agree:

Sean1875
01-09-2017, 09:57 AM

I hope he plays an absolute blinder and we win 5-4.

Dashing Bob S
01-09-2017, 09:57 AM

Call yourself a Hibs fan? You would undermine the confidence of a key player by wishing him a poor performance in a fixture worth nothing to Scotland? Shame on you sir!

heretoday
01-09-2017, 10:02 AM
I just hope he doesn't get injured.

Souter96Mac
01-09-2017, 10:50 AM
Hope he plays well, along with Dave if he plays, but Scotland desperately need 6 points this weekend.

Sammy7nil
01-09-2017, 11:19 AM
Would love to see him destroy Scotland. Absolutely destroy them.

In your own words - Shame on you Sir

WhileTheChief..
01-09-2017, 11:23 AM
Call yourself a Hibs fan? You would undermine the confidence of a key player by wishing him a poor performance in a fixture worth nothing to Scotland? Shame on you sir!

Lithuanians playing against Scotland - used to be standard practice to hate these guys for some reason. I'm having difficulty adjusting!

All Scotland games means something :na na:

Sammy7nil
02-09-2017, 07:54 AM
Poor show from Slivka last night he had a great chance to score however is was obvious he would miss as i had Scotland to win BTTS. :boo hoo: no one cares :yawn:

1van Sprou7e
02-09-2017, 09:20 AM
Did he have a decent game last night?

Pete
02-09-2017, 09:21 AM
Did he have a decent game last night?

Not really.

Which is actually a good thing for us IMO :agree:

Sammy7nil
02-09-2017, 09:27 AM
Not really.

Which is actually a good thing for us IMO :agree:

Why is that good for Hibs? Surely we would want him to be a standout and full confidence when he meets the Celtic guys in the league. He will now play them knowing he never got a kick of the ball and their midfield was non-existant

GreenNWhiteArmy
02-09-2017, 09:33 AM
Scotland dominated last night but any attack Lithuania had it tended to go through our Slivka.

I'll be honest the only thing other than a Scotland win I wanted last night was our (hibs players) to come through unscathed which they did.

Performance wise I couldn't care less how they play against MY country. Hopefully he plays well on Monday and again comes through uninjured.

I'm a hibs and Scotland fan.

Pete
02-09-2017, 09:34 AM
Why is that good for Hibs? Surely we would want him to be a standout and full confidence when he meets the Celtic guys in the league. He will now play them knowing he never got a kick of the ball and their midfield was non-existant

I don't want him in the shop window. He's a class act and I'd prefer it if he remained out little secret and only shined in the backwater that is Scottish football. ;-)

Onceinawhile
02-09-2017, 09:49 AM
Hope he gets a hat trick on Monday and Lithuania win.

fife hfc
02-09-2017, 09:54 AM
He was on the fringes of the game stuck out on the right, just like with us. When he was on the ball he looked composed with a good touch and vision but it rarely happened. He looked to come infield more but our pressing meant they had to play long balls that bypassed their midfielders. I think he is wasted out wide for us and themand can't influence the game as much. It is clear he has ability and it is trying to fit that into the side in a central position that needs to be remedied for us and Lithuania by the looks of things.

Sammy7nil
02-09-2017, 10:18 AM
I don't want him in the shop window. He's a class act and I'd prefer it if he remained out little secret and only shined in the backwater that is Scottish football. ;-)

Class act? Give the boy a break he has hardly kicked a ball lets hope you are right but he has plenty prove.

KWJ
02-09-2017, 10:19 AM
He played a great chipped through ball at one point - perfectly weighted.

Novikovas was very much the string puller for them and that's gotta be by design.

02-09-2017, 10:48 AM
Class act? Give the boy a break he has hardly kicked a ball lets hope you are right but he has plenty prove.

He has been a class act in games at ibrox and dundee though.

RoYO!
02-09-2017, 11:03 AM
Thought he played well against a high press/ tempo opponent. Couple of excellent touches and cross field passes. Also at least a couple of good chipped thru balls. Scotland were/ are just a better team that was well set up and wanted it.

Tobias Funke
02-09-2017, 12:10 PM
Thought he played well against a high press/ tempo opponent. Couple of excellent touches and cross field passes. Also at least a couple of good chipped thru balls. Scotland were/ are just a better team that was well set up and wanted it.

Thats how I saw it too. He certainly wasn't poor as some are suggesting. Scotland were excellent last night and I thought he applied himself well in a difficult game. Only criticism would be he that he should have hit the target with the chance he got in the second half.

He looks the real deal but I'd agree that we need a few more games to judge him properly.

Sammy7nil
02-09-2017, 03:06 PM
He has been a class act in games at ibrox and dundee though.

Sorry but no he has't he has been good at Ibrox and fine at Dundee. If this was Hearts fans talking about a class signing after 2.5 games one which we lost and one we drew, we would be ridiculing them and rightly so.

Andy74
02-09-2017, 03:32 PM
Sorry but no he has't he has been good at Ibrox and fine at Dundee. If this was Hearts fans talking about a class signing after 2.5 games one which we lost and one we drew, we would be ridiculing them and rightly so.

Some players you can tell they are class within 5 minutes of seeing them. He is one of them.

Hermit Crab
02-09-2017, 04:19 PM
Some players you can tell they are class within 5 minutes of seeing them. He is one of them.

:agree:. Said the same thing since I seen him on his debut at Alloa

The_Horde
02-09-2017, 04:54 PM

He was excellent at Ibrox but I'll agree he was fine at Dundee. Needs to be a bit more energetic and involved but that'll come. Also feel he could be more selfish at times and take a man on or have a shot.

Sammy7nil
02-09-2017, 06:27 PM

:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin
I take it every other club he has been at has missed it and he has landed at Hibs

Sir David Gray
02-09-2017, 06:35 PM
I take it every other club he has been at has missed it and he has landed at Hibs

The only other club he's been permanently contracted to in his career has been Juventus.

We're surely not measuring a player's ability based on their failure to succeed with one of the best clubs in the world are we?

Onion
02-09-2017, 06:36 PM
Think we may have unearthed a gem in Slivka. Looked the part in the Scotland game and will only get better as he get used to the Prem. Really looking forward to see how he progresses over the season 👍

supermcginn
02-09-2017, 06:57 PM

Its almost like you want him to be a failure, so so negative. The guy is a tremendous signing.

Sammy7nil
02-09-2017, 07:32 PM
Its almost like you want him to be a failure, so so negative. The guy is a tremendous signing.

I just think it is embarrasing claiming he is class so early especially when we have won only one of the three games he has played in. I want him to be a huge success but please let him prove himself before we judge him.

P. S. If you look at my postsI dont think i have been negative just realistic.

LaMotta
02-09-2017, 07:36 PM
They don't want him to be a failure. Just pointing out that your Tremendous signing line MIGHT be a bit premature.

Honestly you can't know if someone is a tremendous signing after 3 or 4 games.

Pedantic_Hibee
02-09-2017, 07:40 PM
They don't want him to be a failure. Just pointing out that your Tremendous signing line MIGHT be a bit premature.

Honestly you can't know if someone is a tremendous signing after 3 or 4 games.

You can tell if they're a good player though. I knew within five minutes of seeing Scott Allan in a Hibs strip that he was a player.

Pretty Boy
02-09-2017, 07:43 PM
Slivka is a classy player. Watching him for 5 minutes showed that, glides about and can control the pace. I don't need to see him 30 times to confirm it.

I thought he was pretty anonymous last night though. In fairness he didn't have much to work with.

147lothian
02-09-2017, 08:35 PM
Bit wasted out on the right IMO.

While I agree that he would be better in the middle, I think your being a wee bit unfair, I thought Slivka had a really good game and showed he's a class act that were lucky to have as he can play either through the middle or wide right, if we had let him play in the middle which is his natural position it would have meant moving either Bartley or SJM to wide right.

imo the team shape looked good lots of chances were created, on another day it would be a convincing win, you can only play with the players you have and im more than happy to let Lennon pick the team, no need to change the shape for me

LaMotta
03-09-2017, 11:22 AM
You can tell if they're a good player though. I knew within five minutes of seeing Scott Allan in a Hibs strip that he was a player.

Slivka is a classy player. Watching him for 5 minutes showed that, glides about and can control the pace. I don't need to see him 30 times to confirm it.

I thought he was pretty anonymous last night though. In fairness he didn't have much to work with.

Pa Kujabi, Abdul Zarabi, Victor Pallson and James Collins are just some of the players that we've been told on here at the time they were great players after "5 minutes" in a Hibs jersey.

No harm in waiting a bit longer before making up your mind.

MWHIBBIES
03-09-2017, 12:44 PM
I just think it is embarrasing claiming he is class so early especially when we have won only one of the three games he has played in. I want him to be a huge success but please let him prove himself before we judge him.

P. S. If you look at my postsI dont think i have been negative just realistic.We won the first 3 games he played in so...?

2 league cup ties and Ibrox

Sammy7nil
03-09-2017, 03:49 PM
We won the first 3 games he played in so...?

2 league cup ties and Ibrox

Please accept my apologies you have convinced me he is CLASS :greengrin:wink:

Arch Stanton
03-09-2017, 04:55 PM
Pa Kujabi, Abdul Zarabi, Victor Pallson and James Collins are just some of the players that we've been told on here at the time they were great players after "5 minutes" in a Hibs jersey.

No harm in waiting a bit longer before making up your mind.

Isn't that a bit like waiting until the race is finished before making a prediction on who the winner will be?

LaMotta
03-09-2017, 05:15 PM
Isn't that a bit like waiting until the race is finished before making a prediction on who the winner will be?

No. :faf:

Its more like saying that horse I've backed has has had a promising start and has a good chance of winning this race, but there are still a couple of miles to go and 10 fences left to jump before ill know if im picking up any winnings.

Other people are saying that the horse has 100% won the race after only a couple of furlongs.

Arch Stanton
03-09-2017, 05:21 PM

Its more like saying that horse I've backed has has had a promising start and has a good chance of winning this race, but there are still a couple of miles to go and 10 fences left to jump before ill know if im picking up any winnings.

Other people are saying that the horse has 100% won the race after only a couple of furlongs.

But you still wait till the race has started before deciding which way to jump - it would certainly be a neat trick if it was possible.

But some people actually back their judgement while the horse is still a foal - idiots would you call them?

Andy74
03-09-2017, 05:30 PM

No, it's more like saying it looks a good horse, not that it has or will win anything.

ancient hibee
03-09-2017, 05:42 PM

Surely not.It's saying that the horse is good enough to be in the race and you contradict yourself by saying that your horse is good enough to win so you've backed it but don't think the same judgement can be made about the player.

Thecat23
03-09-2017, 05:45 PM
Boys not a horse, he is a very good player though. Pretty easy to tell actually!

LaMotta
03-09-2017, 05:54 PM
But you still wait till the race has started before deciding which way to jump - it would certainly be a neat trick if it was possible.

But some people actually back their judgement while the horse is still a foal - idiots would you call them?

Surely not.It's saying that the horse is good enough to be in the race and you contradict yourself by saying that your horse is good enough to win so you've backed it but don't think the same judgement can be made about the player.

No, it's more like saying it looks a good horse, not that it has or will win anything.

To be honest the horse racing analogy started by Crabis is bonkers, I shouldn't have tried to make it work somehow:greengrin

ancient hibee
03-09-2017, 05:56 PM
Quite right.I don't understand my own post.

LaMotta
03-09-2017, 05:58 PM
Boys not a horse, he is a very good player though. Pretty easy to tell actually!

Funny cause you said exactly the same thing about James Collins after a few games :wink:

Billy Whizz
03-09-2017, 06:02 PM
Much as I think Slivka looks a player, I've seen too many new hibs players who have played well for their few games. I'm impressed with them, and then they are absolutely shocking
I'll judge him at the end of the season, and hope he's kept his form throughout the campaign

Curly1875
03-09-2017, 06:02 PM
Funny cause you said exactly the same thing about James Collins after a few games :wink:

Aye but he was a donkey, not a horse

Thecat23
03-09-2017, 06:04 PM

Haha, touché!

For the record I actually think Collins is a good striker. Shame he played in such a bad hibs team. But his attitude stunk so glad he's gone.

LaMotta
03-09-2017, 06:05 PM
Aye but he was a donkey, not a horse

absolutely correct!

LaMotta
03-09-2017, 06:13 PM
Haha, touché!

For the record I actually think Collins is a good striker. Shame he played in such a bad hibs team. But his attitude stunk so glad he's gone.

there lies the problem with making bold claims early on - people refusing to admit they got it wrong once the truth had been revealed :greengrin

Thecat23
03-09-2017, 06:26 PM
there lies the problem with making bold claims early on - people refusing to admit they got it wrong once the truth had been revealed :greengrin

He's done pretty well everywhere else to be fair. Again I don't think he was the worst player for us. Although no where near got to the levels he should have.

Famous Fiver
03-09-2017, 06:40 PM
Interesting debate.

Many years ago I knew within 5 minutes of watching my 7 year old laddie play that he would never make a premier league player. I was right (sorry, son).

Within 5 minutes of seeing Slivka it was obvious, at least to me, we had a seriously good player on our hands.

Opinions, eh!

Sammy7nil
03-09-2017, 06:57 PM
He's done pretty well everywhere else to be fair. Again I don't think he was the worst player for us. Although no where near got to the levels he should have.

Now there is a compliment :greengrin

hibsbollah
03-09-2017, 06:57 PM
Interesting debate.

Many years ago I knew within 5 minutes of watching my 7 year old laddie play that he would never make a premier league player. I was right (sorry, son).

Within 5 minutes of seeing Slivka it was obvious, at least to me, we had a seriously good player on our hands.

Opinions, eh!

See, you put your first mistake right at the start.
You can never tell how good a seven year old is going to be. All their important football development takes place between 11-15. Everything before is just building blocks.
You should have persevered with your boy:wink:

Sammy7nil
19-09-2017, 08:49 PM
How did he play tonight?

hibee_girl
19-09-2017, 08:51 PM
How did he play tonight?

Wasn't great tbh, was expecting more from him but he had a quiet game

Big_Franck
19-09-2017, 09:03 PM
How did he play tonight?

Poor. He was largely anonymous in the first half and in the second his use of the ball was poor. I'd liked what I'd seen of slivka but he was a waste of a jersey for most of tonight.

Brightside
19-09-2017, 09:34 PM
He at least showed some effort in midfield.

Stevie Reid
19-09-2017, 09:34 PM
Not his night tonight. A few good touches but gave the ball away a lot. A few occasions when he looked to get it forward too quickly when he could've driven on.

Happy to have him though.

Bishop Hibee
19-09-2017, 09:36 PM
Definitely not a wide right player where he was played today. Tried hard but we were better when McGeoch came on.

cabbage_88
19-09-2017, 09:36 PM
Said on another thread that I honestly don't think he's done much at all since Ibrox. Definitely a good player in there though and will only get better.

Nicho87
19-09-2017, 09:55 PM
Said on an earlier slivka thread also. His goal at Ibrox has glossed him over so far. Ok player. Dylan wins for me every day of the week between the two.

Billy Whizz
19-09-2017, 09:56 PM
Said on an earlier slivka thread also. His goal at Ibrox has glossed him over so far. Ok player. Dylan wins for me every day of the week between the two.

Let's see him play in his right position, before making rash judgements on him. He's a box to box midfielder, but was asked to play right midfield tonight

Sammy7nil
19-09-2017, 10:14 PM
Let's see him play in his right position, before making rash judgements on him. He's a box to box midfielder, but was asked to play right midfield tonight

I think the only rash judgements so far have been made by those who proclaimed him Class after 180 mins of football where he had played okay with a few flashes off good play.

Lets just let the boy settle in and play his football without any silly expectations on his shoulders.

JohnM1875
19-09-2017, 10:18 PM
I honestly think he's looked good every time I've seen him play so far this season, which, I think is every game bar tonight.

He has a great first touch, composed on the ball, always has his head up looking for a pass and more often than not finds his man. He's also strong in the tackle and looks to have a great engine. Definitely a central midfielder though! Still only 22 as well.

B.H.F.C
19-09-2017, 10:20 PM
He at least showed some effort in midfield.

Who didn't try?

greenlex
20-09-2017, 12:35 AM
I thought he did well tonight. Always looked to move the ball quickly and bar a couple of loose ones always found a man in green. Certainly a million miles away from poor. He is a quality player. I was surprised he was hooked to be honest as I thought Swanson had run his race at the time.

fulshie
20-09-2017, 12:43 AM
Slivka has ability there's no doubt about that but he lacks pace am afraid and he isn't in the same class as Mcgeoch and should never get a start in front of him in important games.

dmc1875
20-09-2017, 01:20 AM
Slivka has ability there's no doubt about that but he lacks pace am afraid and he isn't in the same class as Mcgeoch and should never get a start in front of him in important games.

He is actually pretty quick....

he wasnt great today but far better than McGinn who against Motherwell and tonight was poor. He needs to look at his performances.

mcgeouch showed what a difference he can make when he came on

Borderhibbie76
20-09-2017, 06:08 AM
[QUOTE=dmc1875;5173366]He is actually pretty quick....

he wasnt great today but far better than McGinn who against Motherwell and tonight was poor. He needs to look at his performances.

mcgeouch showed what a difference he can make when he came on[/QUOTE
At last mate.. was beginning to think I was the only one...so much criticism of Slivka and others on here yet McGinn was murder last night and Sat...gives the ball away constantly and runs into opposition players far too often. Great player on his day but been pretty woeful last 2 matches...seems immune to criticism tho and I include the press

flash
20-09-2017, 06:31 AM
Who didn't try?

Everybody except Paul Hanlon presumably.

staunchhibby
20-09-2017, 07:17 AM
Thought McGinn was poor last night.Some of his distribution was well below his capabilities

worcesterhibby
20-09-2017, 07:51 AM

Disagree, I thought he was excellent at Dens Park too. His use of the ball was good, he has quick feet and he is very positive. I didn't see last nights game, but I do think he will be a player for us.

Nicho87
20-09-2017, 07:55 AM
Disagree, I thought he was excellent at Dens Park too. His use of the ball was good, he has quick feet and he is very positive. I didn't see last nights game, but I do think he will be a player for us.

Hope so, not for one second do I look at slivka and not think he has anything. Just think he has not had any real stand out performances to get too excited by yet. Potential is there, no question.

Sammy7nil
20-09-2017, 12:37 PM
Hope so, not for one second do I look at slivka and not think he has anything. Just think he has not had any real stand out performances to get too excited by yet. Potential is there, no question.

Correct

patlowe
20-09-2017, 12:47 PM

I feel he is still adapting to the Scottish game. Unlike a foreign import like De Graaf (:hmmm:), you can see exactly why we signed Slivka as when he plays he peppers the game with moments of real quality. However, while he does everything in a tidy and efficient manner, he hasn't fully imposed himself on a game yet and has struggled with the pace at times. To be fair to him though, he's in a new country, he's not had a settled run, he's supposedly been carrying a knock and he's only 22. He needs a chance to settle and prove himself over a decent period of time.

seanoheimhin
20-09-2017, 01:01 PM
I worry that we could end up doing to Slivka what Ronny Deila did with Stuart Armstrong at Celtic- play him out of position and write him off as not good enough or not 'adapted' to his new club. Once he was played in position he's fulfilled his talent.

Slivka is absolutely good enough and deserves a chance at some point in CM. It's difficult to see how we can fit him in, though, I admit.