PDA

View Full Version : Scott Allan

Northernhibee
27-08-2017, 03:19 PM
If you'd stuck with us another season you could have become part of a legendary team that did the impossible and are now etched into the folklore of this fantastic football team. He chased the money, was hugely disrespectful to the club that rescued his career and now look at him. Put in all the effort today to get one over on us but was barely a shadow of the player he was.

Failed at Celtic, failed at Rotherham, will fail at Dundee. Failure with a capital F.

GIRFUY you little ********.

cleanyman
27-08-2017, 03:20 PM
I didn't think he was any good today but this post lacks class

Northernhibee
27-08-2017, 03:22 PM
I didn't think he was any good today but this post lacks class

Showing him the same respect that he showed us. Can't stand this "I'd take him back in a heartbeat" chat you sometimes see on here, wouldn't want him scrubbing the toilets at ER nowadays.

Heisenberg
27-08-2017, 03:24 PM
I agree he was trying like ****. Never seen him track back like that with us before! He did **** all for the 90 minutes apart from get absolutely punted up in the air by Stokes.

Better luck next time, hun.

SouthMoroccoStu
27-08-2017, 03:39 PM
I agree he was trying like ****. Never seen him track back like that with us before! He did **** all for the 90 minutes apart from get absolutely punted up in the air by Stokes.

Better luck next time, hun.

That's harsh

He also prevented a clear goal scoring chance with a handball...

iwasthere1972
27-08-2017, 03:41 PM
Hardly noticed him on the pitch until the handball.

Lancs Harp
27-08-2017, 03:43 PM
Hardly noticed him on the pitch until the handball.

McCann brought him in to be a fly goalkeeper.

If Im honest I thought he had a reasonable game today in a side apart from trying hard and being organised didnt really offer much.

Pretty Boy
27-08-2017, 03:47 PM
Said on the updates thread he looks like a guy who has spent 2 years sitting on his erse. He should be far better than Dundee.

He worked hard today but he was anonymous for much of the game and he's a player who should be taking games by the scruff of the neck. Shadow of the player he was with us and that's his fault and his alone.

CallumLaidlaw
27-08-2017, 03:50 PM
If scott Allan had stayed at hibs, we wouldn't have won the Scottish cup. The end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

erin go bragh
27-08-2017, 03:54 PM
He sent In one good cross which their player headed istraight at Rocky.
Had one box saving tackle and was very lucky to not give away a pen .
He was a pale shadow of the player that played for us .
Selling him to Celtic was a brilliant bit of business,with us Signig McGinn, McGeough and Hendo on loan .
If we had kept SA I'm not so sure we would have won the holy grail .

essexhibee
27-08-2017, 03:55 PM
Totally ineffective today. Looks half the player he looked when at us.

I actually would have respected him slightly more had he gone to Rangers. All that furore only to sign for his boyhood clubs rival showed what a walloper he is.

Scouse Hibee
27-08-2017, 04:00 PM
Totally ineffective today. Looks half the player he looked when at us.

I actually would have respected him slightly more had he gone to Rangers. All that furore only to sign for his boyhood clubs rival showed what a walloper he is.

Yes he did yet strangely many folk on here would sign him on the form he last showed with us regardless of the fact that he's done **** all since. Hope today showed some that he really ain't that good.

danhibees1875
27-08-2017, 04:08 PM
If scott Allan had stayed at hibs, we wouldn't have won the Scottish cup. The end.

:agree:

This gets overlooked when people say what Allan could have achieved.

Captain Trips
27-08-2017, 04:09 PM
Yes he did yet strangely many folk on here would sign him on the form he last showed with us regardless of the fact that he's done **** all since. Hope today showed some that he really ain't that good.

1 good season in what 5? IMO the 4 other seasons are far more of an indication of him as a player.

JJP
27-08-2017, 04:20 PM
1 good season in what 5? IMO the 4 other seasons are far more of an indication of him as a player.

And his one good season was in the Scottish Championship.

Sir David Gray
27-08-2017, 04:35 PM
I thought he was pish.

tamig
27-08-2017, 04:43 PM

He had hardly done anything before he came to us as well remember. Nothing to suggest he won't show that level of performance again with the right team. He is a talent and to suggest otherwise reeks a bit of sour grapes imo. Still think he was wrong to leave us though and the manner in which he left was inexcusable.

keep the faith
27-08-2017, 04:47 PM
Bit of an angry OP there which I don't get.
We have all moved on.

Northernhibee
27-08-2017, 04:55 PM
Bit of an angry OP there which I don't get.
We have all moved on.

Not so much angry but delighted. I hope he's full of regret once he's retired that he could have achieved something and failed miserably.

lord bunberry
27-08-2017, 05:42 PM
I thought he was pish.

So did I, but I can't bring myself to hate him like some do.

ancient hibee
27-08-2017, 05:50 PM
He played very well at a lower level,Maybe it's his natural level.Today he saw some nice passes but recipients did nothing with them.He tracked back well and probably prevented a goal in one incident.

CB_NO3
27-08-2017, 05:56 PM
I personally never booed Scott Allan today. Why would you? Was a good servant for us and wanted to leave for more money. Shock horror. Its called football.

SouthMoroccoStu
27-08-2017, 06:07 PM
I personally never booed Scott Allan today. Why would you? Was a good servant for us and wanted to leave for more money. Shock horror. Its called football.

Played very well (player of the season even) but would a "good servant" try and force a move to one of our biggest rivals just before the start of the season? Yes all the pro the rangers chums in the media didn't help (and could barely understand why we were so reluctant to let it happen - "big bad nasty hibs" ) but Allan lost my support when he started changing his social media profile pics to one of him in a Rangers kit as a kid. Very disappointing and disrespectful to the club that helped him get his career back on track

Butter? Maybe but he made his own bed

NadeAteMyLunch!
27-08-2017, 07:36 PM
Allan was rubbish for us until late Sept/ early October when he got up to speed and started to show us all what he could do. I've no doubt the exact same thing will happen this season. Absolutely irrelevant that he's done little since leaving us, he'd done diddly squat since leaving Dundee Utd and was still our player of the year once he was match fit.
He was rubbish today but I still wish we had signed him in the summer. That feeling will be amplified if SJM leaves in the next 5 days. Can never have too many good midfielders, which Allan certainly is.

essexhibee
27-08-2017, 07:38 PM
It says a lot about the man when he pushed so desperately for that "dream" move to his boyhood heroes then went to bloody Celtic their arch rivals.

I'd have had more respect for him if he had gone to Rangers.

NORTHERNHIBBY
27-08-2017, 07:44 PM
Surely their goalkeeper was a better pantomime villain today?

.Sean.
27-08-2017, 09:22 PM

This, never fails to wind me up this sorta chat. Hibs could've got knocked out the first round had he stayed, life doesn't work like that. It's like saying if I had a million pounds and had been out in LA at the weekend I'd have spent all of the day and the morn pumping Mila Kunis.

Scott Allan is a wee Hun rat and I'm disappointed he never got a dull one today. If he thinks he got a bad reception today wait til he lines up at Easer Road.

Diclonius
27-08-2017, 09:24 PM
I didn't boo him but I certainly enjoyed when McGinn ripped the pish out of him and Stokes' tackle.

Not bothered by him - he went to Celtic, we got some money, Henderson and McGeouch and won the cup. Would still take him back if he could recapture the form he produced that season.

Mikey09
27-08-2017, 10:23 PM
Played very well (player of the season even) but would a "good servant" try and force a move to one of our biggest rivals just before the start of the season? Yes all the pro the rangers chums in the media didn't help (and could barely understand why we were so reluctant to let it happen - "big bad nasty hibs" ) but Allan lost my support when he started changing his social media profile pics to one of him in a Rangers kit as a kid. Very disappointing and disrespectful to the club that helped him get his career back on track

Butter? Maybe but he made his own bed

I can't believe it's not.

Forza Fred
28-08-2017, 08:00 AM
His style makes him a bit of a 'luxury' player in most sides where a bit of versatility is required these days.

Liam978
28-08-2017, 10:36 AM
This, never fails to wind me up this sorta chat. Hibs could've got knocked out the first round had he stayed, life doesn't work like that. It's like saying if I had a million pounds and had been out in LA at the weekend I'd have spent all of the day and the morn pumping Mila Kunis.

Scott Allan is a wee Hun rat and I'm disappointed he never got a dull one today. If he thinks he got a bad reception today wait til he lines up at Easer Road.

OK. however. he plays fitba the way most Hibby's are used to,like to see it played, ie the Hibs way,end of GGTTH.

WeeRussell
28-08-2017, 10:40 AM
Ah, another thread of people proving how much they have moved on from Scott Allan, by constantly bringing him up.

Brilliant player who no longer plays for us. No need for anything else.

Is It On....
28-08-2017, 08:22 PM

Good looking lady..do you have £1m though?