PDA

View Full Version : Dundee and how terrible they are.

Pete
27-08-2017, 02:20 PM
I think people should hold their horses regarding Dundee and how "bad" they are.

It's easy to look at the table and form conclusions but they've actually been pretty unlucky in the games they've played, with only their finishing letting them down. They'll be OK at the end of the season.

As for today, they didn't play well but maybe that was because we never let them...and we played quite well ourselves.

NORTHERNHIBBY
27-08-2017, 02:23 PM
I would have that keeper in a heartbeat.

easty
27-08-2017, 02:25 PM

I'd no swap him for Rocky.

Pete
27-08-2017, 02:28 PM

Definitely.

They've definitely got a good mix of talented individuals and good young players. Like I said, they'll be alright eventually and dominating them reflects well on ourselves.

Peevemor
27-08-2017, 02:34 PM
I think people should hold their horses regarding Dundee and how "bad" they are.

It's easy to look at the table and form conclusions but they've actually been pretty unlucky in the games they've played, with only their finishing letting them down. They'll be OK at the end of the season.

As for today, they didn't play well but maybe that was because we never let them...and we played quite well ourselves.

I posted elsewhere that they looked pretty decent at times when in possession. They did look short of ideas going forward though.

Onion
27-08-2017, 02:39 PM

That keeper will never have a better game and will chuck a few in against lesser teams like Yams and Huns.

Big game, in front of the cameras always seems to brings out the best in opposition keepers against Hibs.

CallumHibs07
27-08-2017, 02:40 PM
They're dreadful

Big_Franck
27-08-2017, 02:41 PM
I thought they were every bit as poor as the league table suggested before the game to be honest. Deacon is the only player they have that I'd take. Their keeper played well but he's been poor more often than not when I've seen him before. They'll be down there fighting to stay out of the play-off place when it comes to the bottom 6 games after the split.

Onion
27-08-2017, 02:41 PM
And then you have keepers like Ross County against Sevco - polar opposite of what we have to face.

Famous Fiver
27-08-2017, 02:45 PM
and yet he played a blinder against us.........

iwasthere1972
27-08-2017, 03:44 PM

Based on one game?

KeithTheHibby
27-08-2017, 03:50 PM
They have got nothing up front.

Sammy7nil
27-08-2017, 04:20 PM
They have got nothing up front.

Two strikers are injured

Forza Fred
27-08-2017, 11:34 PM
The days of when we can 'expect' to bear certain sides with any degree of confidence are over.

The margins are very small indeed between victory or defeat.

Having said that, On yesterday's performance I'd be surprised if Dundee ever climb out of the bottom four this season.

sean04
28-08-2017, 05:48 AM
Dundee were really unlucky not to take a point at Aberdeen
Think we were just that on top that they looked poor

HFCdeb
28-08-2017, 05:59 AM
Dundee will be just fine this season. Much like Partick last season, they'll find their form.
I watched the Motherwell vs Hearts game on Alba and they're both worse than Dundee.

Michael
28-08-2017, 07:49 AM

Hard to judge on one game (unless others have seen more of him). I remember Greame Smith having an unbelievable game against us, so I was quite happy when he initially signed for us.

Borderhibbie76
28-08-2017, 09:35 AM
Dundee were really unlucky not to take a point at Aberdeen
Think we were just that on top that they looked poorWhisper that on here mate...they are tom kite apparently and we should be hammering the likes of them.

Your of course quite correct...they were about 10 mins away from a point at pittodrie last weekend

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

frazeHFC
28-08-2017, 09:57 AM
They looked really poor yesterday, but that probably was down to how well we played. I know a few Dundee fans and they are admitting it was daylight robbery the point they got.

HUTCHYHIBBY
28-08-2017, 11:52 AM
They looked really poor yesterday, but that probably was down to how well we played. I know a few Dundee fans and they are admitting it was daylight robbery the point they got.

How standards have dropped if that was us playing well.

Albanian Hibs
28-08-2017, 11:54 AM
Worst team we have played so far

Franck Stanton
28-08-2017, 06:25 PM
and yet he played a blinder against us.........

(Not a dig at you by the way) but maybe he looked good due to the poor quality of shots we were having yesterday ? Seems to me 90% of our shots were "bread and butter" type saves for any competent keeper to make.

wookie70
28-08-2017, 06:35 PM
Early days but 4 out of our 7 points have came against the two teams at the bottom who have amassed a single point between them. I only saw the first half and then the highlights against Dundee but they didn't look very good to me. On another day we could have taken them for three of four. We look like a solid middle of the league team to me and for the first year up after selling our main goal scorer I won't be too disappointed with that.