PDA

View Full Version : That referee should be banned

lord bunberry
27-08-2017, 01:28 PM
How the **** did he not see that handball? He was looking straight at it.
I don't believe they deliberately cheat, but it's hard to make a case to defend him.
Clown.

OtleyHibs
27-08-2017, 01:36 PM
I don't believe they deliberately cheat, but it's hard to make a case to defend him.
Clown.

I thought we could have had 2, to be fair to him I initially thought their penalty was fair until I saw the replay so can see why he got that wrong.

On another day we take a few of our chances and it's a comfy win, was a decent performance and plenty of positives to take but it feels like 2 points dropped

Eyrie
27-08-2017, 01:53 PM
I thought that their penalty was the right decision until the slow motion replay made it clear that the Dundee player was on his way down long before he dragged his foot on Whittaker. Still poor play by Whittaker however.

I have no idea what the referee was thinking when he didn't recognize that Allan had his arm out and up, which clearly prevented the ball going through to Murray.

Our claim in the second half was rightly disregarded as their defender was twisting his body to get his arm out of the way and his arm was close to his body anyway.

So one understandable error, one appalling error and one good decision for me.

offshorehibby
27-08-2017, 02:10 PM
Definitely 2 reasonable penalty claims

Callum_62
27-08-2017, 02:10 PM
I hate the argument that its not deliberate

The only deliberate handball I can remember is Suarez for Uruguay

If the arm is up and it hits it - should be a pen

Northernhibee
27-08-2017, 02:15 PM
Got every single penalty decision wrong.

A Hi-Bee
27-08-2017, 02:20 PM
Clown.

Why would he be any different to the rest of the clowns pretending to be referees.:flag:

Golden Bear
27-08-2017, 02:23 PM
He missed a stone wall penalty nevertheless I thought he had a competent enough game.

SouthMoroccoStu
27-08-2017, 02:28 PM
Clear as day for the first shout

Would LOVE to know his reasoning for not giving it

Oh I know, cause we got a questionable decision against their precious TheRangers

"Tin hat on"

Steve20
27-08-2017, 02:52 PM
We should have had two penalties. There is no doubt about it. Theirs was a penalty though.

Johnny_Leith
27-08-2017, 02:54 PM
Should have had a pen for the handball, see why it wasn't given but it should have been a pen

High-On-Hibs
27-08-2017, 02:57 PM
Clear as day for the first shout

Would LOVE to know his reasoning for not giving it

Oh I know, cause we got a questionable decision against their precious TheRangers

"Tin hat on"

Wonder if he'll be demoted for a game or 2...... probably not.

SouthMoroccoStu
27-08-2017, 03:14 PM
Wonder if he'll be demoted for a game or 2...... probably not.

Didn't apprehend an establishment team

So I doubt it

brog
27-08-2017, 04:04 PM
Scott Allan's handball was a pen but other than that I thought the ref had a reasonable game. He's certainly improved in last season or 2 as he took his time before making decisions, booking players etc. We can't put our failure to win down to the ref IMO.

Baldy Foghorn
27-08-2017, 04:21 PM
Was the goal not given, for presumably a foul by SDG, a foul? Didn't look a foul to me?

Brooster
27-08-2017, 04:24 PM
Was the goal not given, for presumably a foul by SDG, a foul? Didn't look a foul to me?

It was a goal or a foul. Ref took the easy option.

Peevemor
27-08-2017, 04:25 PM

What goal? When their keeper looked like he pulled it into his goal? On the replay it looked like it wasn't over anyway.

Baldy Foghorn
27-08-2017, 04:27 PM
What goal? When their keeper looked like he pulled it into his goal? On the replay it looked like it wasn't over anyway.

I thought it was over, maybe hit was keeper who hit the netting, so it was deceiving

greenlex
27-08-2017, 04:30 PM
Too far away from the pen shout in the first half but a clearer deliberate hand ball in the second half from Slivkas dink through you will not see. His arm was by his side but he definitely moved it to the ball.

greenlex
27-08-2017, 04:30 PM
I thought it was over, maybe hit was keeper who hit the netting, so it was deceiving
So did I. I also thought they had the ball over the line in the first half too.

NORTHERNHIBBY
27-08-2017, 04:52 PM
But what you get in your favour one week you get taken away next week. We may have got penalties but that doesn't mean that we would have scored them, especially with that inspired showing by Bain. We had enough chances to put away three or four games today. Certainly more than enough to make the refs' performance meaningless.

lord bunberry
27-08-2017, 05:37 PM
I wasn't at the game, I watched it on tv. And the first penalty shout was the clearest and easiest decision a referee will ever have to make. He was looking straight at it and he couldn't have failed to have seen it.
It's on a par with some of the worst decisions I've ever seen.

at last 61
27-08-2017, 05:56 PM
We will not be having this discussion next year when the t.v ref is introduced into our game and about time as well

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Tyler Durden
27-08-2017, 06:14 PM

It wasn't over and it was a foul by Gray to be fair

Aside from the Allan handball I thought the ref had a good game. Still a game changing decision though so not good enough

lord bunberry
27-08-2017, 06:49 PM
It wasn't over and it was a foul by Gray to be fair

Aside from the Allan handball I thought the ref had a good game. Still a game changing decision though so not good enough

He got a game changing decision wrong.

Tyler Durden
27-08-2017, 06:58 PM
He got a game changing decision wrong.

Yeah - that's exactly what I said.

lord bunberry
27-08-2017, 10:20 PM
Yeah - that's exactly what I said.

I know I'm extremely drunk

NAE NOOKIE
27-08-2017, 10:52 PM
Just watching MOTD2 and Man Utd got a penalty for a hand ball no worse than both of Dundee's. On a different note I don't think the Dundee keeper did take the ball over the line ..... but in the Hearts v Motherwell game it looked like Motherwell were denied a goal for a ball that looked about a foot over the line before the defender headed it out.

greenlex
27-08-2017, 10:56 PM
Just watching MOTD2 and Man Utd got a penalty for a hand ball no worse than both of Dundee's. On a different note I don't think the Dundee keeper did take the ball over the line ..... but in the Hearts v Motherwell game it looked like Motherwell were denied a goal for a ball that looked about a foot over the line before the defender headed it out.
Pisses me off that on BBC1Scotland I've got to watch MOTD2 before Sportscene. Why not just run them the other way up here.

Mikey09
27-08-2017, 10:57 PM
Come on eh?! We were laughing at The Rangers fans a couple of weeks ago for calling for petitions and refs to be banned. We had a shed load of chances to win this game.

greenlex
27-08-2017, 11:25 PM
That BBC angle of the second handball pen is poor. It looks as if he's trying to pull his hand away. I had a great view. The ball was spinning past him and he definitely moved his arm to block it. What I will say is it would be hard for the offficials to see it. Just saw the Scott Allan one. I don't think it's deliberate but it's a pen in my book. If he had been on the line and stopped it going in would he have been penalised with his arm that height? Yes he would. Their pen the boy has conned the ref.

lord bunberry
27-08-2017, 11:36 PM
Come on eh?! We were laughing at The Rangers fans a couple of weeks ago for calling for petitions and refs to be banned. We had a shed load of chances to win this game.

You're right, but it doesn't change the fact that it was an unfathomable decision. Every time I see it I can't understand why he didn't give it. If anyone else in there profession got something so badly wrong they would have to face the consequences.
But as you say we should have still won that game.

basehibby
27-08-2017, 11:50 PM
We can justifiably feel somewhat sore affronted at the Scott Allan hand ball non-decision - I cannot for the life of me figure out why it was not given as refs will always normally point to the spot where the player has had his hand up and touched the ball - regardless of intention.

So - a bit unlucky not to take all 3 points - major improvement on last week

Dunbar Hibee
28-08-2017, 05:04 AM
Cheating Hun *******.

Scouse Hibee
28-08-2017, 05:13 AM
Pisses me off that on BBC1Scotland I've got to watch MOTD2 before Sportscene. Why not just run them the other way up here.

You don't have to watch MOTD 2 ;-)

sean04
28-08-2017, 05:50 AM
Why has the linesman not stepped in for the Dundee pen? He can clearly see from his view that it's a dive

greenlex
28-08-2017, 06:23 AM

I didn't. Shouldn't have to wait till the small hours Monday morning to catch Sports end tho. I'm aware it was on earlier on BBC2 but that's not really the point.

greenlex
28-08-2017, 06:24 AM

I didn't. Shouldn't have to wait till the small hours Monday morning to catch Sportscene tho I'm aware it was on earlier on BBC2 but that's not really the point.

theonlywayisup
28-08-2017, 06:34 AM
Why has the linesman not stepped in for the Dundee pen? He can clearly see from his view that it's a dive

My first thought was that it was a penalty. It's only with the benefit of a video replay that I saw that their player dived and made the most it. The thing is that Whittaker should never have given him the opportunity.

All this calling for the referee to be banned is ridiculous. We'd have no one to referee games. No one on here was asking for Beaton to be banned following Ibrox.

Referees have split seconds to make a choice. Anyone who has refereed at any level will agree with me that it's a thankless task.

Baldy Foghorn
28-08-2017, 06:44 AM
I also thought at the time that it was a penalty, but that was from behind the goals. Not sure about where ref was, but interestingly SW never complained after it was given

greenlex
28-08-2017, 07:56 AM
I also thought at the time that it was a penalty, but that was from behind the goals. Not sure about where ref was, but interestingly SW never complained after it was given

I think SW knows he shouldn't have dived in like that and felt the touch so had no complaints at the time. The rest of the players followed his lead. He will be as raging as me when he watches that. I thought it was a pen at the time too.

Bristolhibby
28-08-2017, 09:17 AM

Also, looked like SDG was pulling the goalie into the goal by his shirt.

J

brog
28-08-2017, 09:53 AM
My first thought was that it was a penalty. It's only with the benefit of a video replay that I saw that their player dived and made the most it. The thing is that Whittaker should never have given him the opportunity.

All this calling for the referee to be banned is ridiculous. We'd have no one to referee games. No one on here was asking for Beaton to be banned following Ibrox..
Referees have split seconds to make a choice. Anyone who has refereed at any level will agree with me that it's a thankless task.

Agreed, we'll have a lot worse refs than Robertson on Sunday this season. I have no doubt however that if the Allan handball had happened at the other end, in front of our support, it would have been given.