PDA

View Full Version : Andy Walker

GST1875
27-08-2017, 12:54 PM
I usually hate a media hates us theory. For instance, I think sportsound is poor and full of folk who don't have a clue. But I think we got a rough time off them a couple of years back because we were the biggest joke in town for a while. Annoying but fair enough.

Andy Walker though really seems to dislike Hibs. The best way I can put it is that be treats us always as if we're the Old Firm or something, and that other teams can get away with stuff when they play us. Example from today's game being the penalty. I've heard him decrying diving so many times, but today it's a 'professional bit of play'.

Bostonhibby
27-08-2017, 12:58 PM
Walker really doesn't like Hibs and he allows it to get in the way of what he is paid to do. Very unprofessional.

Walker is also a classless bellend.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Gatecrasher
27-08-2017, 01:00 PM
To be fair it doesn't take much digging to find out loads of folk think he's a twat and not just hibs fans.

High-On-Hibs
27-08-2017, 01:00 PM
An absolute bellend of a man. His whining after the 3-2 final was like sweet music to my ears.

SirDavidsNapper
27-08-2017, 01:06 PM
Scored in an Edinburgh derby. I'll let him off.

oldbutdim
27-08-2017, 01:12 PM
I usually hate a media hates us theory. For instance, I think sportsound is poor and full of folk who don't have a clue. But I think we got a rough time off them a couple of years back because we were the biggest joke in town for a while. Annoying but fair enough.

Andy Walker though really seems to dislike Hibs. The best way I can put it is that be treats us always as if we're the Old Firm or something, and that other teams can get away with stuff when they play us. Example from today's game being the penalty. I've heard him decrying diving so many times, but today it's a 'professional bit of play'.
Don't think I've ever heard Walker decry diving.
Quite the opposite, he lauds it as 'clever play', or using experience' or 'professional play'.

I can't abide him.

Pretty Boy
27-08-2017, 01:29 PM

A goal that kept Jim Duffy in a job for a few weeks longer which probably sealed our fate. Back on the hook you go Andy.

High-On-Hibs
27-08-2017, 01:31 PM
A goal that kept Jim Duffy in a job for a few weeks longer which probably sealed our fate. Back on the hook you go Andy.

Also never seen a Hibs player look so gutted after scoring a goal against Hearts.

Reaper
27-08-2017, 01:36 PM
I think it's clear Hibs are not high on his list of favourites, however, a lot he said today I don't think is down to this or some sort of bias, more simply it is because he is a poor pundit with poor analytical skills and not a great knowledge of positions out with the forward one he played.

The bias and one sided views merely add to his ignorance.

where'stheslope
27-08-2017, 03:22 PM
Quite the opposite, he lauds it as 'clever play', or using experience' or 'professional play'.

I can't abide him.

Usually only when its against the Old Firm!!!

Last season Celtic V Ross County, he declared it was an out and out cheat, when Ross County got their penalty and Celtic drew 1-1 up there.

A while later in print, he said that Celtic could have won all their games apart from dodgy penalties against certain teams, yet he fails to castigate when Celtic players cheat in the same way to win games????

High-On-Hibs
27-08-2017, 04:15 PM
REMOVED.

https://68.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lsrhjhXpAG1qc8xs9o1_250.gif

Peevemor
27-08-2017, 04:16 PM
https://68.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lsrhjhXpAG1qc8xs9o1_250.gif

:greengrin

thebakerboy
27-08-2017, 04:16 PM
A Hearts supporting friend of mine(he cant help himself) won a set of golf clubs in an STV competition and part of the prize was to play a round with Walker and said he is a tosser in real life as well.

High-On-Hibs
27-08-2017, 04:18 PM
A Hearts supporting friend of mine(he cant help himself) won a set of golf clubs in an STV competition and part of the prize was to play a round with Walker and said he is a tosser in real life as well.

I don't get it. Was it a booby prize? :confused:

thebakerboy
27-08-2017, 04:19 PM
I don't get it. Was it a booby prize? :confused:
Well he is a TIT!

High-On-Hibs
27-08-2017, 04:20 PM
Well he is a TIT!

True :greengrin

Libby Hibby
27-08-2017, 04:21 PM
He's a c0ck

Not In The Know
27-08-2017, 05:51 PM

You could argue he got us relegated. Duffy would have been sacked if we lost that game.

The man is a tube and for some reason really dislikes us.

lord bunberry
27-08-2017, 05:57 PM

I can't abide him.

That's true. He has always said that if a forward makes contact with him in the box he's going down. I don't like him, but at least he's consistent.

Silver Fox
27-08-2017, 06:01 PM
Him or Alan "Biscuits" Preston?

emerald green
27-08-2017, 06:15 PM
Walker is a complete trumpet.

berwickhibee
27-08-2017, 06:58 PM
The man is a clueless,classless moron. Contradicts himself weekly.

NadeAteMyLunch!
27-08-2017, 07:50 PM
Utter welt of a man. Unbelievably bitter and negative at all times. Must be so many better options within the vast number of ex players we have in this country.
Also, why is Boyd always there? He's also terrible and is still playing(allegedly) so should concentrate his time and efforts on that as he's hardly setting the heather alight these days. Finally, wish Sky would stop inviting Neil McCann up to the studio for an extended interview after each Dundee game. He's not a pundit anymore guys.

pacorosssco
27-08-2017, 08:35 PM

Andy Walker is aftercum,white crap side of your mouth,nose hair and skidmarks all rolled into one. Just ignore

hibbydog
27-08-2017, 08:38 PM
I can remember him in scotsport SPL when we had our golden generation and was encouraging them to leave for Celtic and Rangers.

After he said 'Who wants to play for Hibs all their life' , I started throwing things at the telly and I can't get past that.

So, yes, agreed. Roaster !!

jakedance
27-08-2017, 09:25 PM

My theory is that every single signing, result and goal for and against us up to May 2016, and the consequences of those events, led ultimately to Hibs winning the Scottish Cup and is therefore good. Change anything and we don't win the cup anymore. It's the Davie Gray Paradox.

Diclonius
27-08-2017, 09:27 PM
My theory is that every single signing, result and goal for and against us up to May 2016, and the consequences of those events, led ultimately to Hibs winning the Scottish Cup and is therefore good. Change anything and we don't win the cup anymore. It's the Davie Gray Paradox.

On the other hand, we could have won it earlier under different circumstances..

jakedance
27-08-2017, 09:37 PM
On the other hand, we could have won it earlier under different circumstances..

Possibly, but that's just another unknown path down the wormhole. In this reality Andy Walker prolonging Duffy's tenure as Hibs manager is vital to our Scottish Cup success. If I had to go back in time I'd happily sit through Butcher and every other football related episode of self-harm, safe in the knowledge that my suffering was for the greater good. I've seen Back to the Future, you can't **** around with this kind of thing.

heretoday
27-08-2017, 09:43 PM
All these commentators are berks. I wouldn't give a fig for any of them or their ghastly clothes and haircuts.

When I watch a match I make sure it's on a foreign channel or at least at low volume so I don't have to listen to the crass remarks of our pundits.

eastmainsmsh
28-08-2017, 08:25 AM
Im sure billy mcneill was brought in to help duff jim with walker looking for a permanent deal after his loan

Wheat Hound
28-08-2017, 08:54 AM
On an unrelated note, having just watched Sportscene and seen Andrew Davies elbow on Kenny Miller, it's interesting to note the pundits arguing for a red card. It was very similar to Ian Black on Griffiths in 2012. There is a common denominator with both...