PDA

View Full Version : John McGinn bid rejected (merged threads)

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

Billy Whizz
31-08-2017, 06:44 PM
Window open until 11pm in England, midnight in Scotland.. I think?.. Appears NF are very keen on him?

It's 8.40pm in Lithuania. Strachan will be sending the players to bed in an hour or so
Just ridiculous that with World Cup qualifiers starting, the window is still open

Borderhibbie76
31-08-2017, 06:44 PM
Twitter isn't a source, who's twitter feed was it?The Nottingham Post...last time I checked that was a source of info...i wasn't claiming to be ITK was just passing in info

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Keith_M
31-08-2017, 06:48 PM
No nor did I when I went to Ireland.

That's cos Ireland still considers itself part of our Empire.

:duck:

bingo70
31-08-2017, 06:49 PM
The Nottingham Post...last time I checked that was a source of info...i wasn't claiming to be ITK was just passing in info

You said twitter AND the Nottingham post.

Sorry to be a dick but it's a pet hate of mine when folk say 'according to twitter/Facebook etc'.........

There's lots of reliable people on twitter and there's lots of slavers on twitter, it's the people tweeting that's relevant not what social media they're using.

Rant over and apologies again for being a dick.

RoxburghHibs
31-08-2017, 06:50 PM
That's cos Ireland still considers itself part of our Empire.

:duck:

Haha your empire not mine thank you very much. :greengrin

Borderhibbie76
31-08-2017, 06:50 PM
You said twitter AND the Nottingham post.

Sorry to be a dick but it's a pet hate of mine when folk say 'according to twitter/Facebook etc'.........

There's lots of reliable people on twitter and there's lots of slavers on twitter, it's the people tweeting that's relevant not what social media they're using.

Rant over and apologies again for being a dick.No probs let's hope it comes to nothing and he is still a Hibs player after 11pm [emoji106]

Ken
31-08-2017, 06:55 PM
No probs let's hope it comes to nothing and he is still a Hibs player after 11pm [emoji106]

Hopefully after 12am too [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Borderhibbie76
31-08-2017, 06:57 PM
Hopefully after 12am too [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkWell yeah but NF only have till 11pm was my thinking mate

Ken
31-08-2017, 07:00 PM
Well yeah but NF only have till 11pm was my thinking mate

Ignore me, I was thinking they could still buy while our window is open, but I'm talking c**p

Topographic Hibby
31-08-2017, 07:05 PM
It's 8.40pm in Lithuania. Strachan will be sending the players to bed in an hour or so
Just ridiculous that with World Cup qualifiers starting, the window is still open
Surely that's the key.

If SJM is in Lith, how the hell can he sign a contract and go thru a medical in Notts, whilst he is abroad with the national side (checks map, Lithuania is "abroad".......).

Billy Whizz
31-08-2017, 07:07 PM
Surely that's the key.

If SJM is in Lith, how the hell can he sign a contract and go thru a medical in Notts, whilst he is abroad with the national side (checks map, Lithuania is "abroad".......).

Arsenal have been trying to sign a player, who's actually playing for France at the moment

Jim44
31-08-2017, 07:10 PM
Surely that's the key.

I don't think his signature is necessary, probably a verbal agreement is enough and it would be subject to passing a medical.

CropleyWasGod
31-08-2017, 07:13 PM
I don't think his signature is necessary, probably a verbal agreement is enough and it would be subject to passing a medical.

Electronic signature would be sufficient, Shirley.

As long as there's a valid contract between the clubs and player by the deadline, that should be enough to satisfy the relevant authorities.

E10 Rifle
31-08-2017, 07:31 PM
Sell him for £2m + bring in Henderson in his place (loan or £300k) = good business for me

18Hibee75
31-08-2017, 07:44 PM
Think people forget that McGinn is only 22. He's 22 and has won a league and Scottish cup outside of the old firm, been capped for Scotland and IMO our best player. St Mirren also reportedly have a 30% Sell on Clause on him as well, anything under £3M for me should and probably would be rejected.

He's influential in the majority of our attacks and has looked a lot stronger and fitter this season than ever. IMO he is still 4-5 years away from his prime and in his prime he will be able to play in premier league.

Give him this season to really prove his worth and a big offer will come in for him next year and we will be looking back in ten years time and be proud that he played for us, let's enjoy his performances while we can.

GGTTH

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk

Jones28
31-08-2017, 07:48 PM
So this seems to be done and dusted then, predictions for the future?

Sign a new contract and play the season then sell for more next summer?

Real Emerald
31-08-2017, 07:53 PM
Had anyone informed Kris Boyd that it wasn't his last game for Hibs yet? 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Greenworld
31-08-2017, 07:55 PM
So this seems to be done and dusted then, predictions for the future?

Sign a new contract and play the season then sell for more next summer?How about keep him and build the team

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

PatHead
31-08-2017, 07:55 PM
Think people forget that McGinn is only 22. He's 22 and has won a league and Scottish cup outside of the old firm, been capped for Scotland and IMO our best player. St Mirren also reportedly have a 30% Sell on Clause on him as well, anything under £3M for me should and probably would be rejected.

He's influential in the majority of our attacks and has looked a lot stronger and fitter this season than ever. IMO he is still 4-5 years away from his prime and in his prime he will be able to play in premier league.

Give him this season to really prove his worth and a big offer will come in for him next year and we will be looking back in ten years time and be proud that he played for us, let's enjoy his performances while we can.

GGTTH

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk

Rod Petrie said at the AGM a couple of years ago St Mirren did not have a 30% sell on clause.

neil7908
31-08-2017, 07:56 PM
Had anyone informed Kris Boyd that it wasn't his last game for Hibs yet? 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

I really wish pundits would get called out when it's found out their talking pish.

KDY Hibs
31-08-2017, 07:59 PM

This!

CorrieHibs
31-08-2017, 08:00 PM
Rod Petrie said at the AGM a couple of years ago St Mirren did not have a 30% sell on clause.

Did he say what it was?

SOLGirl
31-08-2017, 08:00 PM
No more business expected, in or out, this window. Very happy with how we're shaping up for the season. #GGTTH

Tweet from Leeann Dempster 🇳🇬👍🏼

Jones28
31-08-2017, 08:01 PM
How about keep him and build the team

I'd like to, but it won't happen

EH6 Hibby
31-08-2017, 08:05 PM

Has anyone told Kris Boyd he's a dick and he should mind his own business?

West lower
31-08-2017, 08:05 PM
First it was Scott Allan. Warbsy told to get tae.
Then the cup final pumping.
Now getting two fingers from Hibs for his McGinn bids.
I just love the way we respectfully humiliate this man. Another blinder played by the board. They really have given us our pride back. No longer a soft touch on and off the pitch. Well done to all.

Real Emerald
31-08-2017, 08:10 PM
First it was Scott Allan. Warbsy told to get tae.
Then the cup final pumping.
Now getting two fingers from Hibs for his McGinn bids.
I just love the way we respectfully humiliate this man. Another blinder played by the board. They really have given us our pride back. No longer a soft touch on and off the pitch. Well done to all.

Yep, after all the previous dealings this spiv has been involved in with Hibs I would never entertain doing any deals with him again. Get it right up you fanny hat, with all due respect ✊☝️💪🏿

jacomo
31-08-2017, 08:11 PM
What's condescending about that it's a statement of fact and why the anger ?

You have your view I have mine it's called debate

Why make a worthless comment like you guarantee he will be worth more,no one in the world can give that guarantee

It just makes you look stupid / more stupid

Your condescension was asking for a guarantee and then trying to give a wee lesson in commerce.

We all know McGinns contract situation.

poolman
31-08-2017, 08:14 PM
I really wish pundits would get called out when it's found out their talking pish.

Thon fat numpty would be getting called out on a regular basis

Trumpet

Billy Whizz
31-08-2017, 08:17 PM
Thon fat numpty would be getting called out on a regular basis

Trumpet

Probably going to be on the telly a bit more over the next few weeks, pulled his hammy on Saturday

blackpoolhibs
31-08-2017, 08:18 PM
There seems to be a lot of people panicking that SJM only has 2 years left on his contract.

How many players do we actually sign on 2 year deals?

He will go in January or next summer, and hopefully after a very good season where we will have a few teams bidding for him.

Danderhall Hibs
31-08-2017, 08:27 PM
There seems to be a lot of people panicking that SJM only has 2 years left on his contract.

He will go in January or next summer, and hopefully after a very good season where we will have a few teams bidding for him.

:agree: 2 years is the new 1 year.

Jim44
31-08-2017, 08:27 PM
Comment from a punter on the Nottingham Forrest forum:

"He'll be spitting feathers - stuck in a 1 club league north of the border for at least another 4 months."

Life's a bitch, eh? :greengrin

SirDavidsNapper
31-08-2017, 08:33 PM

"He'll be spitting feathers - stuck in a 1 club league north of the border for at least another 4 months."

Lol Notts Forest. He'll get a much, much better move than that when someone pays his worth.

brog
31-08-2017, 08:36 PM
Lol Notts Forest. He'll get a much, much better move than that when someone pays his worth.

There seems to be a lot of people panicking that SJM only has 2 years left on his

G, i posted much the same earlier. Total nonsense!!

truehibernian
31-08-2017, 08:38 PM

Their current manager didn't even last 12 in the same '1 club league' before he was found wanting and found out Jim :greengrin

The Hat won't last at Forest :aok: respectfully of course :cb:greengrin

Pretty Boy
31-08-2017, 08:42 PM

Could be worse for him. His talent could be suffocated in the league of hammer throwers that is the English Championship.

It's a competitive league alright, usually because there is about 2 good teams, 2 really crap ones and 20 spectacularly mediocre.

PatHead
31-08-2017, 08:43 PM
Did he say what it was?

No. Just it was not 30 percent. He didn't know where the St Mirren guy came up with that figure.

Greenworld
31-08-2017, 08:45 PM

Life's a bitch, eh? :greengrinOf course he may just sign a new contract now and move when a proper bigger team come in for him

Onion
31-08-2017, 08:45 PM

When he could have been playing for an utter fanny in a delapidated lay-by off off the M1 called Nottingham.

Yeah, SJM will be inconsolable :greengrin

Borderhibbie76
31-08-2017, 08:47 PM
Could be worse for him. His talent could be suffocated in the league of hammer throwers that is the English Championship.

It's a competitive league alright, usually because there is about 2 good teams, 2 really crap ones and 20 spectacularly mediocre.This talk about a bang average league over hyped by sky....and as someone else has posted
..respectfully...their manager couldn't hack it in said 1 club league north of border [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Glory Lurker
31-08-2017, 08:52 PM
We've still got McGinn
Super John McGinn......

:flag::flag::flag:

SanFranHibs
31-08-2017, 09:00 PM
We've still got McGinn
Super John McGinn......

:flag::flag::flag:

We've still got McGinn
Super John McGinn
Warburton, we hope you understand,

If you want to take him south,
It's money that talks, not your mouth,
It's going to cost more than a few f***ing hundred grand

blackpoolhibs
31-08-2017, 09:11 PM
G, i posted much the same earlier. Total nonsense!!

Must have missed that :greengrin, yes we sign lots of signings on 2 year deals, it must send some folk over the edge with panic? :wink:

NAE NOOKIE
31-08-2017, 09:15 PM

Aye, but at least in that league clubs don't practically have an open topped bus parade to celebrate avoiding relegation by a goal like 60% of England's so called 'top flight' as if it was some sort of success. At least our national cup competition hasn't been devalued so much by the chase for UEFA's pot of gold that its practically viewed as a consolation prize of little or no consequence and the manager who won it this year is still regarded as a failure because his club didn't make the almighty top 4.

As for Nottingham Forest ............. so far off being in contention for the top of the English tree they wish they were in a one team league, and worse, too tight or too skint to offer a realistic fee for a player who would undoubtedly have improved them :faf:

I'll try not to get too worried about our league or players being insulted by a bunch of fat *******s who support a club where the most exciting thing to happen in the last 20 years was a viral video of them fighting each other over the last pie :na na:

snooky
31-08-2017, 09:18 PM

:partyhibb Come oan, Johnny Feather Spitter :redindian:

jacomo
31-08-2017, 09:28 PM

I know a few Forest fans. Plenty are great but plenty are bell ends.

Leicester's success has really hurt them and they've got Big Club issues as it is.,.

I wouldn't take them too seriously.

Likely that Warburton will get found out there as well, and although they are u dear new ownership it's not the most stable environment for an emerging players.

Jason has got heroic self-belief though so I'm not too worried about him!

Mikey09
31-08-2017, 10:58 PM
Had a "discussion" on Twitter with a few Forrest fans tonight. One was decent, 2 were fannys and one didn't have a clue. Giving it the "your club couldn't hack it in the championship" pish. "You're league 1 at best." "We have youngsters better than McGinn." Best part was the decent boy who told me they couldn't defend crosses! Hmm... A Warburton team that Cannae defend crosses?! :greengrin

poolman
31-08-2017, 11:07 PM

This from a team who were one game from going into their league 3 division 🙄

Captain Trips
31-08-2017, 11:53 PM
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh

Warburtons a fanny
He tried it on the cheap
Signing all our players
he never got a peep

But when he came a calling
Suddenly it dawned
for Super John McGinn
youll need a f++++++ wad

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

cabbageandribs1875
01-09-2017, 01:57 AM
well, i actually knew sjm was staying 48 hours ago

when i took a wee sneaky peek at the official club calendar for september, and there he was........SJM :agree: the club would have looked foolish if they had let him go the day before he appeared :wink: never underestimate the power of the calendar

3pm
01-09-2017, 06:33 AM
Boyd expects him to go

Wonder how much they talking about

Kris Boyd, the pricks prick.

Paisley Hibby
01-09-2017, 10:23 AM

This (as folk say on Facebook)

Springbank
01-09-2017, 10:32 AM

If we wanted a bit of mischief, we could probably report the current Kilmarnock player for bringing the game into disrepute with his comments last week. ..

hughio
01-09-2017, 10:55 AM
If we wanted a bit of mischief, we could probably report the current Kilmarnock player for bringing the game into disrepute with his comments last week. ..

:agree:

What a cheek spouting that garbage on national TV trying to capitalise on rumour and speculation.
He no doubt thought his stock as a pundit would rise if the deal did go through.

Now that it hasn't I wonder if there will be a public apology?
No maybe not..but your stock as a pundit just crashed Boyd.

Typical Hun bravado.

staunchhibby
01-09-2017, 12:39 PM
He should be done for it.

Jim44
01-09-2017, 03:09 PM

He should be done for it.

Nah. I'll settle for McGinn ripping the P out of Boyd the next time we play Killie.

Mibbes Aye
02-09-2017, 02:36 PM
It was a given that he was staying.

Neil Lennon was the August picture for the calendar and SJM is September.

The clues are there in hindsight.

Calendar folk ken what's gaun oan :agree:

Jack Hackett
02-09-2017, 05:15 PM
It was a given that he was staying.

Neil Lennon was the August picture for the calendar and SJM is September.

The clues are there in hindsight.

Calendar folk ken what's gaun oan :agree:

Someone else posted something along the same lines a few days ago, but in such a way that I didn't have a scooby what he was going on about. Thanks for the clarification :aok:

I am obviously not calendar folk :no way:

Mibbes Aye
02-09-2017, 07:52 PM
Someone else posted something along the same lines a few days ago, but in such a way that I didn't have a scooby what he was going on about. Thanks for the clarification :aok:

I am obviously not calendar folk :no way:

There's no barrier to being calendar folk.

The calendar thread is in the Vault for your perusal.

if you like it, then you're calendar folk. Some folk don't like it and they're not calendar folk, but that's okay.

where'stheslope
03-09-2017, 09:55 AM

Spot on!!!! :top marks

I can't see how a player who is playing every week for a club is allowed to make rumours and scandal in the press and TV about other teams????

We know that the SPFL and SFA can do nothing about the tabloid press or media, but a player putting things in the press or media about others is a different thing!

These jobs should only be allowed after their playing career is over, and if they've never played for the ugly sisters!!!!

NORTHERNHIBBY
03-09-2017, 12:26 PM

Only serious clubs make serious bids. Perhaps the NF fans are seeing that was well. As for the magic hat man, he must have know that these bids were a waste of time. He can't point to lack of knowledge of the player or the game up here or even how Hibs do business. So if I was a Forrest fan, that's where I would be pointing the finger.

Deansy
03-09-2017, 03:15 PM

I can't see how a player who is playing every week for a club is allowed to make rumours and scandal in the press and TV about other teams????

We know that the SPFL and SFA can do nothing about the tabloid press or media, but a player putting things in the press or media about others is a different thing!

These jobs should only be allowed after their playing career is over, and if they've never played for the ugly sisters!!!!

Agreed - Hibs should be making an official complaint about Boyd as he's basically just tried to unsettle a rival-player !. Also a complaint might reveal where or who he got his info from - someone at NF or, as is more than likely - Greyskull ??

Is It On....
03-09-2017, 07:33 PM

Should be the Killie fans reporting him!

Is It On....
03-09-2017, 07:34 PM
Agreed - Hibs should be making an official complaint about Boyd as he's basically just tried to unsettle a rival-player !. Also a complaint might reveal where or who he got his info from - someone at NF or, as is more than likely - Greyskull ??

NF - didn't know that Boyd was racist as well as being overweight and a wage thief!!

staunchhibby
03-09-2017, 07:37 PM
Would hope hibs make some form of complaint regarding the conduct of Boyd.

Sammy7nil
03-09-2017, 08:07 PM
Would hope hibs make some form of complaint regarding the conduct of Boyd.

I would hope Hibs ignore it he does not deserve any more publicity. Who actually cares what he has to say?

SirDavidsNapper
03-09-2017, 08:37 PM
I'd be embarrassed if Hibs complained about Boyd. He's a past it footballer trying to make a name for himself as a pundit and made a total tit of himself with his comment. Let's just leave it at that.

Tornadoes70
03-09-2017, 09:06 PM
I'd be embarrassed if Hibs complained about Boyd. He's a past it footballer trying to make a name for himself as a pundit and made a total tit of himself with his comment. Let's just leave it at that.

100%

The idiot thought he'd obtain some plaudits for being 'in the know'. He'd probably heard from his hun mates through the hun grapevine that the hat would be bidding on SJM and that our board would capitulate. Turns out our board told them to 'beat it' as our LG would say and Boyd's been left with a red face.

Great to see SJM stating he was happy to be with us for the time being. Different class SJM :thumbsup:

jgl07
04-09-2017, 12:06 AM
Have you ever had to show your Passport at the Border?
You will if you fly RyanAir to Dublin!

I went from Spain to France to Belgium and to Holland, this Summer, without ever being asked for a passport.

SRHibs
04-09-2017, 02:09 AM
You will if you fly RyanAir to Dublin!

Or you can use your bus pass, if you're an idiot like me who loses their passport.

FilipinoHibs
04-09-2017, 04:05 AM

Yes would reek of the club 1872 "statement"

3pm
04-09-2017, 06:30 AM
Input from Scott Brown now.

http://ift.tt/2ewW8UT

Salisbury Hibby
04-09-2017, 06:49 AM

http://ift.tt/2ewW8UTIf anything, That's as bad as (If not worse than) what Kris Boyd came out with.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Mick O'Rourke
04-09-2017, 06:50 AM

http://ift.tt/2ewW8UT
Scott is quoted as saying
" John was unlucky not to get his move"
Is he suggesting that John wanted to leave Hibernian last month,but the bid was not big enough?

Another opposition player,like Boyd,who should mind his own business.

SJM has put in some wonderful performances for Hibernian.
I hope he has a MOTM game against Celtic soon..
Maybe that possiblity is Broonies real concern.

JimBHibees
04-09-2017, 06:58 AM
Is he suggesting that John wanted to leave Hibernian,but the bid was not big enough?

Another one,like Boyd,who should mind his own business.

SJM has put in some wonderful performances for Hibernian.
I hope he has a MOTM game against Celtic soon..
Maybe that possiblity is Broonies real concern.

SJM QUOTE

“I was a Hibs player before the window and I am still a Hibs player and that’s fine by me,” he said. “I am happy where I am. I am enjoying my football and I feel as if I am getting better and better and delighted to get my fourth cap.

Saying the right things IMO.

Mick O'Rourke
04-09-2017, 07:13 AM
SJM QUOTE

“I was a Hibs player before the window and I am still a Hibs player and that’s fine by me,” he said. “I am happy where I am. I am enjoying my football and I feel as if I am getting better and better and delighted to get my fourth cap.

Saying the right things IMO.

Indeed, that was the quote from John after the window closed.
Happy to hear that.
Strange then, dont you agree ,that his pal Broonie thought him"unlucky" not to get "his move"

easty
04-09-2017, 07:19 AM
Is he suggesting that John wanted to leave Hibernian last month,but the bid was not big enough?

He's not suggesting anything really, it's you who is inferring it.

If you'd asked me 2 weeks ago if I thought we'd keep McGinn, I'd have said he might get a move somewhere else. Doesn't mean I wanted him to, or thought he should go, though.

Hibbyradge
04-09-2017, 07:21 AM
If anything, That's as bad as (If not worse than) what Kris Boyd came out with.

I disagree.

These are professional football players. They play for money.

Of course, John McGinn will want a move to a new club, but not because he doesn't like Hibernian. Understandably, he'll want to improve his income, raise his profile, and test himself in a different environment.

In that context, he was unlucky not to get a move last month.

Salisbury Hibby
04-09-2017, 07:28 AM
I disagree.

These are professional football players. They play for money.

Of course, John McGinn will want a move to a new club, but not because he doesn't like Hibernian. Understandably, he'll want to improve his income, raise his profile, and test himself in a different environment.

In that context, he was unlucky not to get a move last month.John McGinn will get his move at the right time and at the right price. Scott Brown's comments sound like he was asked leading questions - but as the Celtic and Scotland Captain should no better than to pass an opinion on the business of another club. That was my point.

But then Celtic have recent previous on that.

Mick O'Rourke
04-09-2017, 07:29 AM
He's not suggesting anything really, it's you who is inferring it.

If you'd asked me 2 weeks ago if I thought we'd keep McGinn, I'd have said he might get a move somewhere else. Doesn't mean I wanted him to, or thought he should go, though.

Is he not?
Ok,i will leave it there then, if thats your inference :greengrin

Salisbury Hibby
04-09-2017, 07:30 AM
And also - he hasn't tested himself in the Scottish Premiership. So maybe he was lucky NOT to get a move.

Mick O'Rourke
04-09-2017, 07:42 AM
John McGinn will get his move at the right time and at the right price. Scott Brown's comments sound like he was asked leading questions - but as the Celtic and Scotland Captain should no better than to pass an opinion on the business of another club. That was my point.

There is no doubt, and it is nothing new,that players on International duty discuss the merits of moving to "greener pastures"
John could well be one of, if not the lowest paid player in the Scotland squad.
I am sure some of the other Scotland players will offer"advice" to John.
They should leave that in the dressing room though, and not comment in the press as Boyd and Brown have done.
I expect it will all happen again in the lead up to January.

I guess it may have been difficult for John, or any other player being touted for a move/ speculated about, whilst preparing for a WC qualifier.
Anyway, its great that John is still a Hibernian player.
I am sure the biggest cheer at our next home game will be for John
Long may he continue at Hibernian.

Peevemor
04-09-2017, 07:49 AM
If SJM had wanted to leave he would have been away. He's have spoken to the club and his agent would have punted him around on the quiet.

I reckon he'll sign an improved contract and will stay at least until the end of the season. If he's set on going to a decent sized club in England, he knows that the additional transfer fee involved will be almost negligible to them but could make a huge difference to Hibs.

CRAZYHIBBY
04-09-2017, 07:55 AM
Hibs were always going to be a stepping stone for john mcginn.....if hes not off in january then he will be off next summer... end of

JimBHibees
04-09-2017, 08:06 AM
Hibs were always going to be a stepping stone for john mcginn.....if hes not off in january then he will be off next summer... end of

Agree lets enjoy him while he is here and support him the best we can.

Jack
04-09-2017, 08:22 AM
"Nottingham Forest are poised to make a fresh bid to sign Scotland midfielder John McGinn from Hibernian in January after an offer was rejected last month. (Daily Mirror, print edition)"

Hibs should ridicule them by making public their previous bids.

NORTHERNHIBBY
04-09-2017, 08:24 AM

Goes into the same box as Warburton in that nothing credible was said about McGinn.

NORTHERNHIBBY
04-09-2017, 08:26 AM
John McGinn will get his move at the right time and at the right price. Scott Brown's comments sound like he was asked leading questions - but as the Celtic and Scotland Captain should no better than to pass an opinion on the business of another club. That was my point.

Shame that journo didn't ask Brown if he was disappointed when he didn't get his move to Rangers with Kevin Thomson.

Silky slivka
04-09-2017, 08:28 AM
Cummings on his instagram saying mcginn could have joined a big team

Golden Bear
04-09-2017, 08:37 AM
"Nottingham Forest are poised to make a fresh bid to sign Scotland midfielder John McGinn from Hibernian in January after an offer was rejected last month. (Daily Mirror, print edition)"

Hibs should ridicule them by making public their previous bids.

Or make a policy decision NOT to sell John to Forest unless of course they submit a bid of say £5 million plus.

:wink:

GreenOnions
04-09-2017, 08:38 AM

Only if one had come in for him

Golden Bear
04-09-2017, 08:39 AM

Did we really expect anything else? - the guy is a wind up merchant.

Deansy
04-09-2017, 12:09 PM
It's well known that SJM is very much career-orientated and I reckon that part of the reason the transfer was a non-starter was simply because he doesn't rate 'The Hat' !. He wants to go to a club/manager that's going to continue what Neil Lennon's done for him and having seen Warburton's Hun-team up here - a team with a budget probably at least 3 times as much as ours - and how pitiful/pathetic/keech it was and how often/easily we gubbed them, there's no way he'd want to have anything to do with Warburton or his club !

rodhibs55
04-09-2017, 04:22 PM
I think the way NF and the hat have gone about things confirms we got the song absolutely spot on.
Warbutons A F***y.

Smartie
04-09-2017, 04:30 PM
I reckon SJM wanted to go.

It's just the tone of Scott Brown's comments in that article - he'll have spoken to SJM, he'll have been with him practically throughout.

Unfortunately for SJM a suitable bid never came in, and I wouldn't have expected Warburton to pay what McGinn is worth anyway. He chanced his arm at robbing us - again - and failed - again.

I do think SJM is professional enough to continue to put in a shift. He won't just down tools.

But he'll be gone either in January or next summer, which tbh we all knew anyway.

makaveli1875
04-09-2017, 05:21 PM
By the time the january window opens forest will be near the foot of the table with about 100 goals conceded and SJM will realise he dodged a bullet not signing for that clueless fanny hat wearing buffoon

NOLA
04-09-2017, 05:23 PM
I'd be disappointed if we sold in January. IF he wants to leave summer is the best time to sort out your future

Firestarter
04-09-2017, 05:47 PM
Did we really expect anything else? - the guy is a wind up merchant.

Boys a Jambo welt, best ignored. (The poster not our legend)

Firestarter
04-09-2017, 05:49 PM
I'd be disappointed if we sold in January. IF he wants to leave summer is the best time to sort out your future

I've a funny feeling he will sign a new contract then indicate he wants to move in January. He deserves a pay rise no matter what to indicate his progress and should be second highest player on the pay scale.

Onion
04-09-2017, 05:50 PM
By the time the january window opens forest will be near the foot of the table with about 100 goals conceded and SJM will realise he dodged a bullet not signing for that clueless fanny hat wearing buffoon

Or just as likely, they'll realise their penny-pinching was a false economy and will pay us the £4M he's worth - in their desperation.

Captain Trips
04-09-2017, 06:02 PM

Indeed, I wonder if Cummings will join one also.

Phil MaGlass
04-09-2017, 06:02 PM
How embarrassing for NF. Imagne bein turned doon by a Scottish club.

MacGruber
04-09-2017, 06:15 PM
I've a funny feeling he will sign a new contract then indicate he wants to move in January. He deserves a pay rise no matter what to indicate his progress and should be second highest player on the pay scale.

Go on then, I'll ask.
Who should be the top earner?

rodhibs55
04-09-2017, 06:19 PM
Go on then, I'll ask.

Thats easy
Leanne.

Sammy7nil
04-09-2017, 07:46 PM
Go on then, I'll ask.

Stokes, proved himself far more than SJM

MacGruber
04-09-2017, 08:17 PM
Thats easy
Leanne.

Agreed :)

MacGruber
04-09-2017, 08:18 PM
Stokes, proved himself far more than SJM

Fair enough shout.

Firestarter
05-09-2017, 07:27 AM
Go on then, I'll ask.

The captain.

hibbydog
05-09-2017, 05:11 PM
Wonder where SJMs head is right now. When he gets his move he'll practically be guaranteed life long financial security. But for now he's only a bad injury away from not having a career

Wilson
05-09-2017, 05:25 PM
Wonder where SJMs head is right now. When he gets his move he'll practically be guaranteed life long financial security. But for now he's only a bad injury away from not having a career

The same John McGinn who was speared in a training ground incident at St. Mirren? I am quite sure he is well aware of the cost of injury. Aware long before Forest tried to short change Hibs.

I read the article on the BBC website and he seemed happy with things. He states that he is enjoying his football and feels like he is improving under Lennon. Progression long term is perhaps more important than a career gamble on Warburton and a quick cash grab?

-Jonesy-
05-09-2017, 05:25 PM
As he would be at the start of next season on 40k a week if he moved

Firestarter
05-09-2017, 05:41 PM
As he would be at the start of next season on 40k a week if he moved

Who's going to give him £40k pw?

Firestarter
05-09-2017, 05:42 PM

He's happy progressing at us. Give him a new deal, insert clause and he can go next summer for £3m. Everyone is happy.

cammy1969
05-09-2017, 05:45 PM
I have to say as much as I hate warbs I think mcginn would thrive in a team that plays how warb gets his teams playing, he'd see so much of the ball imo he'd be a stand out. But hopefully we can keep john another couple seasons before he moves on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Firestarter
05-09-2017, 05:47 PM
I have to say as much as I hate warbs I think mcginn would thrive in a team that plays how warb gets his teams playing, he'd see so much of the ball imo he'd be a stand out. But hopefully we can keep john another couple seasons before he moves on.

Aye, that midfield of his controlled everything on the greatest day in history right enough.

And it's fannys hat, not warbs, warb, warbo, respectively.

cammy1969
05-09-2017, 06:37 PM
Aye, that midfield of his controlled everything on the greatest day in history right enough.

And it's fannys hat, not warbs, warb, warbo, respectively.

I never said that his team controlled any game, I also never said mcginn should go to his team. I said fannys hat [emoji4]likes his team to keep ball retention and a team like that would suit mcginn imo
If feel other wise that's your prerogative.