PDA

View Full Version : Ironic Banner for Parkhead 30 Sept

Springbank
25-08-2017, 11:41 AM
Mimicking Celtc's complete fail of a banner at ER a few years back, how about a series of small banners in the Hibs end at Parkhead on 30.9 reading:

"Stubbs"

"Stokes"

"Henderson"

"Lennon"

"Ambrose"

"Commons"

"Celtc - Hibs' Feeder Club Since 90+2"

HibsNutter
25-08-2017, 11:43 AM
Aye, let's take the piss out of our own club. Although I'm sure some of our fans love the whole sucking up to Celtic theme.

MyJo
25-08-2017, 11:46 AM
Mimicking Celtc's complete fail of a banner at ER a few years back, how about a series of small banners in the Hibs end at Parkhead on 30.9 reading:

"Stubbs"

"Stokes"

"Henderson"

"Lennon"

"Ambrose"

"Commons"

Nope

Since90+2
25-08-2017, 11:49 AM
Not really sure that works to be honest.

jacomo
25-08-2017, 11:53 AM
Celtc - we gave you a club and you cannae even spell it.

Postman
25-08-2017, 11:58 AM

"Stubbs"

"Stokes"

"Henderson"

"Lennon"

"Ambrose"

"Commons"

Very random and not at all funny. Hope no-one would go ahead with this!

cabbageandribs1875
25-08-2017, 12:00 PM
Fail Fail

Smartie
25-08-2017, 12:02 PM

I like this.

Canon Hannan
25-08-2017, 12:06 PM

"Stubbs"

"Stokes"

"Henderson"

"Lennon"

"Ambrose"

"Commons"

Good humour there - like it!

Some people need to have fun. It's good banter to be honest.

The_Horde
25-08-2017, 12:08 PM
How about. You think we're your wee brothers, but we despise you just as much as your ugly sister. Club like no other indeed, bigots..

RCNG
25-08-2017, 12:12 PM
How about. You think we're your wee brothers, but we despise you just as much as our ugly sister. Club like no other indeed, bigots..

This.

Betty Boop
25-08-2017, 12:14 PM
Good humour there - like it!

Some people need to have fun. It's good banter to be honest.

Aye you would .

Carheenlea
25-08-2017, 12:17 PM
No room for Snoddy?

Springbank
25-08-2017, 12:17 PM
Fair enough everyone.

I did ask a question, and got my answer.

I think the joke here is on celtic, while having a nice wee reminder of beating rangers 3-2 at the same time. But no worries if folk took it differently. No harm done!

Nicho87
25-08-2017, 12:18 PM
Fair enough everyone.

I think the joke here is on celtic, while having a nice wee reminder of beating rangers 3-2 at the same time. But no worries if folk took it differently. No harm done!

Best just telling them they are smelly and we were first to wear green. Simples

Green Cabbage 7
25-08-2017, 12:22 PM
How about a banner with Celtic = Wee Hibs

Stuart93
25-08-2017, 12:26 PM
How's about we let the banner guys come up with a banner 🙄

Waxy
25-08-2017, 12:35 PM
Brother Walfrid was a Hibby. He founded them and he was a Hibby. Simple as that.

Jones28
25-08-2017, 12:36 PM
How about. You think we're your wee brothers, but we despise you just as much as your ugly sister. Club like no other indeed, bigots..

Probably too wordy for they ****s

mcohibs
25-08-2017, 12:43 PM
If we're doing this I'd just go with...

'If it wasn't for the Hibees you'd be huns. Know your history.'

Orchard_Hibs
25-08-2017, 01:00 PM
How about 'celtc thck as pg sht snce 1888(or whenever they where formed)'

hibees 7062
25-08-2017, 01:16 PM

"Stubbs"

"Stokes"

"Henderson"

"Lennon"

"Ambrose"

"Commons"

Stokes ?

NAE NOOKIE
25-08-2017, 01:21 PM
Fair enough everyone.

I think it has the potential to backfire on us mate, which is why you didn't get many takers ..... the Celtic fans could justifiably retort that we had them coz they weren't good enough for Celtic, at least not by the time they came to us.

Keep it simple ... first to wear the Green for example. Though it would be class if we could come up with a banner showing that picture of the pre 1888 Hibs team wearing Green and White hoops with a message on it along the lines of:

Hibs strip
the Poznan
'You'll never walk alone'
Legia Warsaw's champions league place
Other clubs fans

Nail it down or Celtic will nick it :greengrin

worcesterhibby
25-08-2017, 01:30 PM

"Stubbs"

"Stokes"

"Henderson"

"Lennon"

"Ambrose"

"Commons"

I think it's funny, good banter and what football rivalry should be all about... we should leave all the hate and even the mentions of sectarianism to others and revel in the joy of being Hibees. Jeez people need to chill a bit.

NAE NOOKIE
25-08-2017, 01:35 PM
I think it's funny, good banter and what football rivalry should be all about... we should leave all the hate and even the mentions of sectarianism to others and revel in the joy of being Hibees. Jeez people need to chill a bit.

Its only good banter if it cant be rammed back down your throat mate .... in view of which this isn't the best idea for a banner.

Callyballybe
25-08-2017, 01:42 PM
I think it has the potential to backfire on us mate, which is why you didn't get many takers ..... the Celtic fans could justifiably retort that we had them coz they weren't good enough for Celtic, at least not by the time they came to us.

Keep it simple ... first to wear the Green for example. Though it would be class if we could come up with a banner showing that picture of the pre 1888 Hibs team wearing Green and White hoops with a message on it along the lines of:

Hibs strip
the Poznan
Other clubs fans

I quite like this actually.

"Nail it down or Celtic will nick it" is especially funny.

SJNB Hibby
25-08-2017, 01:59 PM

Hibs strip
the Poznan
Other clubs fans

This!

Frazerbob
25-08-2017, 02:02 PM
I like it, after they did similar at ER with with their infamous misspelled effort. Anything to take the piss out the Weedgies is good by me.

Frazerbob
25-08-2017, 02:03 PM
Aye, let's take the piss out of our own club. Although I'm sure some of our fans love the whole sucking up to Celtic theme.

How is it taking the piss out of our club? It's ripping them for their similar banner a few years ago. Hardly sucking up to Celtic. Think there's a few wooshes in the replies here.

edinburghhibee
25-08-2017, 02:04 PM

This all day long!!! They'd be spewing!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BH Hibs
25-08-2017, 02:04 PM
How about **** Celtic.

RoscoHibby
25-08-2017, 02:30 PM
When walking to hampden in 2013 singing 'if it wasn't for the hibees you'd be huns' I can confirm they REALLY don't like that one!!

worcesterhibby
25-08-2017, 03:45 PM
Its only good banter if it cant be rammed back down your throat mate .... in view of which this isn't the best idea for a banner.

Ok after we beat them 0-3 with Lennon as boss and Tony Stokes and Ambrose both scoring..then can we make the banner ? :greengrin

OtleyHibs
25-08-2017, 03:53 PM
When walking to hampden in 2013 singing 'if it wasn't for the hibees you'd be huns' I can confirm they REALLY don't like that one!!

I agree, as a Glaswegian from a predominantly celtc (the only way to spell it since their banner balls up) supporting family I use this chant frequently and it's hard for them to respond to 😄

Sir David Gray
25-08-2017, 04:05 PM
How about **** Celtic.

Works for me.

Despise these ********s.

Topographic Hibby
25-08-2017, 04:20 PM
How about...

Green Strips

Hoops

You'll Never Walk Alone

The Poznan

More Than a Club

You've got it, they'll nick it and revise history to claim its theirs.

Celtic - Lacking Originality Since 1888

seanshow
25-08-2017, 04:41 PM

Hibs strip
the Poznan
Other clubs fans

How about...

Green Strips

Hoops

You'll Never Walk Alone

The Poznan

More Than a Club

Someone beat you to it. :wink: Celtic (http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?322225-Bring-back-the-hoops&p=5072458&highlight=#post5072458)

Firestarter
25-08-2017, 05:03 PM
What about: "green brigade, why not bhoys brigade?"

Topographic Hibby
25-08-2017, 05:05 PM
Someone beat you to it. :wink: Celtic (http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?322225-Bring-back-the-hoops&p=5072458&highlight=#post5072458)
Great minds and all that!!!

SuperAllyMcleod
25-08-2017, 05:08 PM
How about...

Green Strips

Hoops

You'll Never Walk Alone

The Poznan

More Than a Club

That banner will need to be huge! Are we getting enough space in the stadium to unfurl it?

One Day
25-08-2017, 05:09 PM

I like this, really winds them up

lord bunberry
25-08-2017, 05:11 PM
What about just supporting hibs? Celtic aren't the enemy in my eyes.

Topographic Hibby
25-08-2017, 05:13 PM
That banner will need to be huge! Are we getting enough space in the stadium to unfurl it?
Ok fair point. Put it on the back of Lennon's trackie top. Oh, wait a minute, spotted a problem......!!

The Harp Awakes
25-08-2017, 05:25 PM

Aye, that's a belter. Snappy and to the point and very true.:hibees

Nameless
25-08-2017, 06:10 PM
What about just supporting hibs? Celtic aren't the enemy in my eyes.Like the casuals in the 80's and celeb fans in the 90's, witty banners at the football are now trendy - I'm taking a banner saying "Lord Bunberry, don't poop my party" [emoji4]

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

Keith_M
25-08-2017, 07:27 PM
Hibernian FC, the original Greens

Mr White
25-08-2017, 07:40 PM
How about...

Green Strips

Hoops

You'll Never Walk Alone

The Poznan

More Than a Club

Their slogan is "A Club Like No Other" rather than an exact copy of Barca's "More Than A Club".

MichaelTheCelt
26-08-2017, 03:52 AM
I like this, really winds them up
I've got to admit it does irk me a little, only because if it wasn't for the formation of Celtic we'd most likely be Hibees. Don't you think?

pacorosssco
26-08-2017, 04:06 AM
I've got to admit it does irk me a little, only because if it wasn't for the formation of Celtic we'd most likely be Hibees. Don't you think? Hibs were ruined but read much to Wilfreds disapproval. Also its written at this point Celtic Rangers were best of friends. Its a shame rest that came. Few cities are one club though for whatever reason. Paris Amsterdam must be biggest

Pete
26-08-2017, 04:09 AM
I've got to admit it does irk me a little, only because if it wasn't for the formation of Celtic we'd most likely be Hibees. Don't you think?

Glasgow was considerably bigger than Edinburgh in the early twentieth century and I'm sure there would've eventually been a football club formed if Celtic hadn't been.

As for the banners, I'd rather have pro-Lennon/pro-Hibs ones than ones having digs at Celtic. Let's wait until we're established in the top flight again and the odds of us getting a thrashing have been significantly reduced before we start getting too cheeky.

MichaelTheCelt
26-08-2017, 04:15 AM
Hibs were ruined but read much to Wilfreds disapproval. Also its written at this point Celtic Rangers were best of friends. Its a shame rest that came. Few cities are one club though for whatever reason. Paris Amsterdam must be biggest

I have heard and read little bits here and there that the rivalry with Celtic and Rangers wasn't as bad as what it has became. But there was definitely an anti Irish sentiment in Glasgow during the early years of our formation.

Genuine question here and I would be interested to hear the take on it from Hibernian supporters. Would you say Hibernian would have been better off if Celtic had never been founded?

I've never really thought much about the role Celtic played in what happened to Hibernian after we were founded, to be honest I always thought growing up the rivalry between our clubs was more of a friendly rivalry. Undoubtedly this shows my naivety here and since being on this forum it has opened my eyes up a little.

MichaelTheCelt
26-08-2017, 04:17 AM
Glasgow was considerably bigger than Edinburgh in the early twentieth century and I'm sure there would've eventually been a football club formed if Celtic hadn't been.

I was just going for a joke man, didn't mean it to come across as brash? :aok:

Oh and for what it's worth I actually think that 'Celtic FC - Hibs feeder Club' banner is quite good craic.

pacorosssco
26-08-2017, 04:22 AM
I have heard and read little bits here and there that the rivalry with Celtic and Rangers wasn't as bad as what it has became. But there was definitely an anti Irish sentiment in Glasgow during the early years of our formation.

Genuine question here and I would be interested to hear the take on it from Hibernian supporters. Would you say Hibernian would have been better off if Celtic had never been founded?

I've never really thought much about the role Celtic played in what happened to Hibernian after we were founded, to be honest I always thought growing up the rivalry between our clubs was more of a friendly rivalry. Undoubtedly this shows my naivety here and since being on this forum it has opened my eyes up a little.

Ill go simple answer. Hibernians went bust when after playing games raise funds to form Celtic they stole most of our team and we folded as a result. Glasgow was always destined for two teams.

MichaelTheCelt
26-08-2017, 04:28 AM
Ill go simple answer. Hibernians went bust when after playing games raise funds to form Celtic they stole most of our team and we folded as a result. Glasgow was always destined for two teams.

Straight to the point, I can understand the disdain for Celtic from Hibs fans to be fair. I'm not someone that will keep green tinted specs on, quite simply Celtic did play a role some way in what happened to Hibernian during it's early years. It's pity it turned out the way it did.

Pete
26-08-2017, 04:41 AM
I was just going for a joke man, didn't mean it to come across as brash? :aok:

Oh and for what it's worth I actually think that 'Celtic FC - Hibs feeder Club' banner is quite good craic.

Sorry, I thought you were being serious (not brash) and was just giving my opinion.

Good old internet misunderstanding. Old as time itself.

Stokesy's on fire
26-08-2017, 06:10 AM
Why dont we just fill out the away end and sing our normal songs? No banner required!

DH1875
26-08-2017, 07:11 AM
Brother Walfrid was a Hibby. He founded them and he was a Hibby. Simple as that.

:agree: They don't like that Brother Walfrid was a Hibby at all :agree:

DH1875
26-08-2017, 07:15 AM
Were Celtic ever called Glasgow Hibernian? Sure I read somewhere that they were.

danhibees1875
26-08-2017, 08:05 AM
Were Celtic ever called Glasgow Hibernian? Sure I read somewhere that they were.

Are you maybe thinking of Dundee united?

On topic, I don't like that idea for a banner. It's not like Celtic want any of them mentioned, if they did they'd just take them.

For the person who asked if we would be better off without the formation of Celtic, no; we'd have kept a few extra players in the 1880s, and that's about it.

Bostonhibby
26-08-2017, 08:56 AM

:aok:That's the one.

Johnny Clash
26-08-2017, 08:59 AM

Their newly formed committee voted in favour of the name 'Glasgow Hibernian' BUT there was a business minded guy with influence called 'Glass' who saw the potential to make loads of money so longs they moved away from the total charitable ambition of Hibs so he persuaded bro Wilfred to over-rule the democratic decision and choose the name Celtic instead. Hibs also played fundraisers to raise money for parkhead as we had done earlier for Dundee Hibernian (Utd).

NORTHERNHIBBY
26-08-2017, 09:23 AM
Glasgow Hbs.

Bostonhibby
26-08-2017, 09:25 AM
Their newly formed committee voted in favour of the name 'Glasgow Hibernian' BUT there was a business minded guy with influence called 'Glass' who saw the potential to make loads of money so longs they moved away from the total charitable ambition of Hibs so he persuaded bro Wilfred to over-rule the democratic decision and choose the name Celtic instead. Hibs also played fundraisers to raise money for parkhead as we had done earlier for Dundee Hibernian (Utd).

:agree: That's the history :top marks

Cat Stanton
26-08-2017, 09:52 AM
Fair enough everyone.

Don't let the badstarts get you down. I thought it was quite amusing...

Eyrie
26-08-2017, 02:02 PM

Interesting question.

Obviously impossible to do more than speculate, but my view is that we'd have ended up as the ""Catholic" and "Irish" club that you are. The resulting large support base would have meant that we'd have won far more trophies but I don't think that would be a fair trade given that we'd also have been the target for the sectarian bigots and would not be the inclusive club that we are.

That may be because most Celtc fans like to look down on us as a second team, when in fact we not only have our own identity but were founded long before we were imitated in Glasgow.

We're fine with Celtc fans who show us the respect we deserve as occasional rivals. I just wish that could be a regular rather than occasional occurance.

GreenArmyyy!
26-08-2017, 02:22 PM
Stokes ?

We got Stokes on loan from Celtic when we won the cup...

hibby67
26-08-2017, 04:07 PM
Always like first to wear the green
Usually pisses they off

ShinyFantastic
26-08-2017, 04:59 PM
Embarrassing. Do people have nothing better to do than come up with nonsense like this?

.Sean.
26-08-2017, 05:33 PM
I love this but the few wee bams in out support who seem to have an affinity with Celtic and like being seen as their wee brothers might get upset.

Anything that puts the boot into that shower of ***** gets my shout.

givescotlandfreedom
26-08-2017, 05:34 PM
Embarrassing. Do people have nothing better to do than come up with nonsense like this?

Just a bit of football banter IMO