PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: EDINBURGH DERBY IN DEVELOPMENT LEAGUE ON TUESDAY

RSS Bot
25-08-2017, 10:10 AM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/7818)

Billy Whizz
25-08-2017, 12:31 PM
A wee word of warning for anyone going. Parking is very limited at HW, so try to get their sharp.
At the last game at oriam, it was Hearts v Hibs, Hearts charged £5 to get in, and they made a pigs ear of it, with hundreds locked out
Oriam has a great cafe, so well worth trying to get in earlier, I will

oconnors_strip
26-08-2017, 09:51 AM
My dad parks in the park and ride at Hermiston gait and jumps on the bus with his free bus pass or it's not far to walk up to the Oriam. Handy since the parking is so limited on campus

frazeHFC
26-08-2017, 10:05 AM
A wee word of warning for anyone going. Parking is very limited at HW, so try to get their sharp.
At the last game at oriam, it was Hearts v Hibs, Hearts charged £5 to get in, and they made a pigs ear of it, with hundreds locked out
Oriam has a great cafe, so well worth trying to get in earlier, I will

There's plenty other car parks people can use. Car park J is free and I've been parking there all summer, plenty spaces. With no students back it should still be quiet.

Car park H is also free. Both a couple of minute walk from the Oriam.

SChibs
26-08-2017, 10:09 AM
From my experience there's plenty parking but a lot of it is a bit of a walk from the actual pitch

Billy Whizz
26-08-2017, 10:11 AM
There's plenty other car parks people can use. Car park J is free and I've been parking there all summer, plenty spaces. With no students back it should still be quiet.

Car park H is also free. Both a couple of minute walk from the Oriam.

Good to hear, but still get in early, as I said the last game was a sellout, and loads didn't get in.

Billy Whizz
26-08-2017, 10:11 AM
My dad parks in the park and ride at Hermiston gait and jumps on the bus with his free bus pass or it's not far to walk up to the Oriam. Handy since the parking is so limited on campus

Aye, but he's a lot lot older than me😄

I don't have a bus pass

oconnors_strip
26-08-2017, 10:26 AM
Aye, but he's a lot lot older than me😄

I don't have a bus pass

Aye he is a lot older :greengrin:

Not to far a walk either, especially once the students are back

Allan M.
26-08-2017, 11:08 AM
Good to hear, but still get in early, as I said the last game was a sellout, and loads didn't get in.

I'm sure that was on a Bank Holiday and the schools were off. It'll hopefully be less hassle to actually get in this time.

Billy Whizz
26-08-2017, 12:02 PM
I'm sure that was on a Bank Holiday and the schools were off. It'll hopefully be less hassle to actually get in this time.

It's Hibs that's organising it this time Allan, not Hearts
Shambolic, and the only 20's match I've attended where they've had security at the Oriam!

Big_Franck
26-08-2017, 12:05 PM
Does anyone know why we play these games in early afternoons? I'd definitely go along if it was a 6pm or 7pm kick off but I work normal office hours. I'm sure there are quite a few other fans in the same position.

Billy Whizz
26-08-2017, 12:10 PM
Does anyone know why we play these games in early afternoons? I'd definitely go along if it was a 6pm or 7pm kick off but I work normal office hours. I'm sure there are quite a few other fans in the same position.

I can understand your frustration, but probably because the Oriam is booked with other amateur teams etc in the evening.
Quite a lot of our away matches are at night though

Big_Franck
26-08-2017, 12:14 PM
I can understand your frustration, but probably because the Oriam is booked with other amateur teams etc in the evening.
Quite a lot of our away matches are at night though

Yeah, I'd noticed that but it just makes it even more frustrating that this one is at 2pm :greengrin

Anyway, I think we'll pump them. Porteous, F Murray and Oli Shaw are a level above anything they have at that level.

GreenCastle
26-08-2017, 12:15 PM
It's mental they spent so much on Oriam and the seating capacity is so low.

Missed an opportunity to put seating on both sides and then you would have a quality indoor ground.

Who was ever in charge of the project wasted lots of money on fancy toilets and a single games hall plus tiny gym for public - not great planning.

Billy Whizz
29-08-2017, 09:22 AM
I see that Ryan Porteous and Fraz Murray are away with Scotland under 19's, good luck to them, but they'll be a miss today.

loveofthegame
29-08-2017, 10:51 AM
Yeah, I'd noticed that but it just makes it even more frustrating that this one is at 2pm :greengrin

Anyway, I think we'll pump them. Porteous, F Murray and Oli Shaw are a level above anything they have at that level.

Except Porteous and Murray are away with Scotland 19s and Oli is, I believe, struggling with an injury so might not be fit to play...

Billy Whizz
29-08-2017, 11:20 AM
Except Porteous and Murray are away with Scotland 19s and Oli is, I believe, struggling with an injury so might not be fit to play...

Young Hibs team today, Hearts are playing a few 1st trainers I'm told

Sioux
29-08-2017, 11:26 AM

Fairly standard for them. Beating Hibs is always uppermost in their minds. Sad and pathetic.

loveofthegame
29-08-2017, 11:39 AM

Yes Hearts supposed to be playing Zanatta, Godinho, McLaughlin (new goalie), Prince and Beith. Hibs I think will be playing a few overs too, likely the usual fringe guys that are now just over 20.

Billy Whizz
29-08-2017, 11:40 AM
Yes Hearts supposed to be playing Zanatta, Godinho, McLaughlin (new goalie), Prince and Beith. Hibs I think will be playing a few overs too, likely the usual fringe guys that are now just over 20.

Callum Crane etc

loveofthegame
29-08-2017, 12:08 PM
Callum Crane etc

Exactly

Billy Whizz
29-08-2017, 12:53 PM
Exactly

Hibs team

Brightside
29-08-2017, 01:13 PM
Thats a very young team for us... and a typical Hearts 1st team. Development eh....

Billy Whizz
29-08-2017, 01:17 PM
Hibs started really well. Crane just scored from just outside the box
1-0 Hibs

Firestarter
29-08-2017, 01:18 PM
:thumbsup:

hibbysam
29-08-2017, 01:20 PM
Hibs started really well. Crane just scored from just outside the box
1-0 Hibs

Guessing Crane is playing in the middle of the park if Sean Mackie is playing left back?

29-08-2017, 01:20 PM
Did everybody get in alright this time?

Billy Whizz
29-08-2017, 01:33 PM
1-1, mistake by Hibs defender

Nakedmanoncrack
29-08-2017, 01:54 PM
Did everybody get in alright this time?

Far from full.

Billy Whizz
29-08-2017, 02:14 PM
2-1 Hearts
Hibs been really poor this half so far, giving the ball away continually

Wee Mickey
29-08-2017, 02:29 PM

Oli Shaw has been on crutches since last Friday. Knee injury

Billy Whizz
29-08-2017, 02:34 PM
3-1 Hearts
Hibs corner doesn't clear the 1st man, and Hearts break away and score

Billy Whizz
29-08-2017, 02:49 PM
4-1 Hearts. Callum Morrison, outstanding player on the park with a curling shot, after yet another defensive mistake

I'm sure the young lads will learn from this

loveofthegame
29-08-2017, 02:51 PM
4-1 Hearts. Callum Morrison, outstanding player on the park with a curling shot, after yet another defensive mistake

I'm sure the young lads will learn from this

Edit: doesn't matter

SirDavidsNapper
29-08-2017, 02:52 PM
We shouldn't be capitulating to Hearts at any level and hope that is rammed home to them.

JohnMcM
29-08-2017, 03:03 PM
We shouldn't be capitulating to Hearts at any level and hope that is rammed home to them.

I understand your thoughts, however, that's not exactly an U20 development team our lads were up against was it? I hope if they read this thread they will see some supportive and encouraging posts.

:flag:

Brightside
29-08-2017, 03:22 PM

The Hibs dev team is very young and those that have progressed are already around the first team. The remain are nowhere near it now unfortunately.

Nakedmanoncrack
29-08-2017, 03:30 PM
Final score?
I left at 3.

GreenCastle
29-08-2017, 03:38 PM
Hibs looked dodgy at the back.

Last season we looked strong at the back but with Portoeus away and Fraser Murray missing we had to make a few adjustments and looked disjointed at the back.

2 of Hearts goals were from mistakes from Hibs.
3rd goal was from Hibs own corner they broke as Hibs pushed to equalise.

Final goal was well taken from Hearts winger.

Not too much in game - Hearts looked more attacking from the start and have some quick/ tricky attacking players - we were a little slow with build up and predictable.

Lennon watching, Colin Nish working with youngsters??! John Rankin in Hearts tracksuit - think working with u14 team.

loveofthegame
29-08-2017, 04:23 PM
Anyone standout for Hibs at all?

Monktonhall 7
29-08-2017, 04:51 PM
I thought Scott Martin did well, bearing in mind he was up against Buaben. Jamie Gullan did ok playing up front on his own, until the last 20 mins, and Sean Mackie did some decent stuff going forward. Doubt anyone of them ready for a first team start.

GreenCastle
29-08-2017, 05:03 PM

Gullan did well 1st half with limited support.

Martin huffed and puffed and was lucky not to be sent off for a few tasty tackles.

I like Adam Watson too but didn't get much service on the right.

therealgavmac
29-08-2017, 05:13 PM
FFS on BrokeBack saying it's the Levein Effect :faf::faf::faf::faf::faf::faf::faf:

SirDavidsNapper
29-08-2017, 05:38 PM
FFS on BrokeBack saying it's the Levein Effect :faf::faf::faf::faf::faf::faf::faf:

Deep down they will be crying inside celebrating a 20's derby win. It's all they have.

Nakedmanoncrack
29-08-2017, 07:21 PM

He was sitting just along from me masterminding it all.