PDA

View Full Version : Kris Commons

DJ HIBBY
25-08-2017, 07:00 AM
Kris was on the Clyde phone in last night giving his views on Celtics champions league draw but was asked about his own circumstances towards end of interview. Says that he's back in the gym using Celtics facilities, hopes to move to ball work soon. Once fit he hopes his Old pal invites him back to Edinburgh. Looks like he's definitely signing !

Firestarter
25-08-2017, 07:09 AM
A very welcomed experienced signing if he comes in. I wonder why he isn't using our facilities though?

DJ HIBBY
25-08-2017, 07:12 AM
A very welcomed experienced signing if he comes in. I wonder why he isn't using our facilities though?

He mentioned Celtic having a special treadmill so maybe Hibs do not have this

FilipinoHibs
25-08-2017, 07:16 AM

Nearer the hoose?

Nicho87
25-08-2017, 07:26 AM
Will be a useful addition.

eastmainsmsh
25-08-2017, 07:29 AM
Hope so 😁 game changer just what we need

heretoday
25-08-2017, 07:46 AM
Good news. An old head in midfield.

J-C
25-08-2017, 07:57 AM
Commons is a class act and has that ability to either create a chance for others or for himself, if and when fit it's a no brainer.

Firestarter
25-08-2017, 08:13 AM

Cool 👍

TheSouthMoroccan
25-08-2017, 08:24 AM
He lives in Bearsden, even with no traffic thats a 2 hour trip to our training facilities, so using Celtic's facilities at Lennoxtown which is half an hour away from him saves him 3 hours every round trip. Makes perfect sense to me.

Big_Franck
25-08-2017, 08:31 AM
He'd be a great player to have in the squad even at his age and his wife injury issues. Even if its just to come off the bench in the last half hour he'll score goals and win us games. Hopefully he gets up to speed soon.

JimBHibees
25-08-2017, 08:33 AM
Nearer the hoose?

That would be my thought. Would be no point coming through to Ormiston when he can do the same or more much closer to home.

neil7908
25-08-2017, 08:55 AM
Think he'll be a good signing for us but given his age, injuries and lack of match sharpness I'm not expecting miracles from him, particularly as we'll be facing tougher opposition than last season.

Hibbyradge
25-08-2017, 09:06 AM
He'd be a great player to have in the squad even at his age and his wife injury issues. Even if its just to come off the bench in the last half hour he'll score goals and win us games. Hopefully he gets up to speed soon.

Are we signing his missus for the ladies team?

If so, I hope she recovers quickly.

keep the faith
25-08-2017, 09:48 AM
Much prefer Hendo!

we are hibs
25-08-2017, 09:57 AM
i thought he done okay with some very good flashes and made a massive contribution to our season in his short spell here, if he was playing with a back injury then i'd expect him to be even better if he is fully fit and gets some game time under his belt

Hibbyradge
25-08-2017, 10:03 AM
Much prefer Hendo!

I'd rather have Pogba. :wink:

Not In The Know
25-08-2017, 02:25 PM
You could argue if it wasn't for him we might not have won the league. He gave us that vital cushion at Xmas over our rivals. An advantage we never really built on after he left.

lord bunberry
25-08-2017, 02:32 PM
He lives in Bearsden, even with no traffic thats a 2 hour trip to our training facilities, so using Celtic's facilities at Lennoxtown which is half an hour away from him saves him 3 hours every round trip. Makes perfect sense to me.
:agree: Especially for someone recovering from a back operation.

JimBHibees
25-08-2017, 02:34 PM
You could argue if it wasn't for him we might not have won the league. He gave us that vital cushion at Xmas over our rivals. An advantage we never really built on after he left.

Agree never built on but also never gave up.

brog
25-08-2017, 02:47 PM

We played 20 games after KC left & lost 2, 1 in the league to St M & the cup semi to Sheep. We gubbed Yams in the Cup & won the league by 11 points. Like every Hibs fan I appreciated KC's contribution but let's not start a new Hibs Net myth.

DavidDavidGray
25-08-2017, 06:08 PM
Don't think Commons would be a starter but would be good backup and could develop players like Fraser Murray really well. Would prefer Henderson if it came to a buy one leave one situation however

E10 Rifle
26-08-2017, 07:58 AM
It will be a long road back for him - he looks quite out of shape at the minute (understandable given it's a back injury) so I wouldn't expect him to feature until 2018 if he can recover fully.

J-C
26-08-2017, 08:13 AM
Don't think Commons would be a starter but would be good backup and could develop players like Fraser Murray really well. Would prefer Henderson if it came to a buy one leave one situation however

I think Lennon sees more of a need for Henderson at the moment, Commons will take care of it'self one way or another, there's no rush to get him in but our midfield frailties showed last weekend with only Slivka getting any kind of pass mark. We were overrun in midfield in the 2nd half due to all the midfield being off form and poor and only options were Slivka and a young Murray.

JimBHibees
26-08-2017, 08:16 AM
I think Lennon sees more of a need for Henderson at the moment, Commons will take care of it'self one way or another, there's no rush to get him in but our midfield frailties showed last weekend with only Slivka getting any kind of pass mark. We were overrun in midfield in the 2nd half due to all the midfield being off form and poor and only options were Slivka and a young Murray.

Must kind of put into question where Danny Swanson fits in if Liam comes in.

J-C
26-08-2017, 09:45 AM
Must kind of put into question where Danny Swanson fits in if Liam comes in.

We need competition, Danny is struggling at the moment, Dylan and McGinn are different types of midfielders and Murray is still very young to expect him to carry the team. Henderson was exactly the type of midfielder we needed last week, he gives drive and energy when he plays.