PDA

View Full Version : The SPFL finally take swift action against rules breach

Carheenlea
24-08-2017, 09:42 PM
The SPFL gave finally flexed their muscles and taken action against a club and have imposed robust punishment. Unfortunately the club in question is Albion Rovers.
A soft and easy target for the SPFL - laughable really.

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/15493389.Albion_Rovers_kicked_out_of_IRN_BRU_Cup_a fter_fielding_ineligible_player/?ref=twtrec#

hibsboy07
24-08-2017, 09:47 PM
Always pick on the wee teams bloody cowards

Bostonhibby
24-08-2017, 09:53 PM
Hypocrisy in action.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Hibbyradge
24-08-2017, 09:54 PM
Always pick on the wee teams bloody cowards

Eh? What would you expect them to do?

Rovers fielded an illegible player. If Celtic had done that, they would have been similarly punished.

Carheenlea
24-08-2017, 10:16 PM

Rovers fielded an illegible player. If Celtic had done that, they would have been similarly punished.

You reckon they would hit Celtic with a fine in proportion to that of the one handed out to Albion Rovers? £2000 is a huge sum of money for Albion Rovers.

Hibbyradge
24-08-2017, 10:25 PM
You reckon they would hit Celtic with a fine in proportion to that of the one handed out to Albion Rovers? £2000 is a huge sum of money for Albion Rovers.

I don't know. Do you?

Tornadoes70
24-08-2017, 10:31 PM

I think folk become frustrated when the rules are applied against clubs like Albion Rovers as opposed to the 'imperfect registrations' of oldco rangers that should very obviously to anyone save those with vested interests that devised the concept that registrations in absence of being revoked could be deemed as valid have been subject to the same punishment. Its brought the system into disrepute unfortunately and put simply it stinks.

Hibbyradge
24-08-2017, 10:36 PM
I think folk become frustrated when the rules are applied against clubs like Albion Rovers as opposed to the 'imperfect registrations' of oldco rangers that should very obviously to anyone save those with vested interests that devised the concept that registrations in absence of being revoked could be deemed as valid have been subject to the same punishment. Its brought the system into disrepute unfortunately and put simply it stinks.

I get that.

Carheenlea
24-08-2017, 10:56 PM
I don't know. Do you?

I know fine well they wouldn't.

SirDavidsNapper
24-08-2017, 11:03 PM
Albion Rovers knew the rules and broke them. Sevco and Hearts got punished for their sins. Don't think there's much to see here tbh.

Hibbyradge
24-08-2017, 11:08 PM
I know fine well they wouldn't.

Well, although this wasn't Celtic, this happened last year.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36265268

1van Sprou7e
25-08-2017, 01:00 AM
Can't believe no one has mentioned that this decision means Spartans will be hosting Linfield next week, great occasion for them

Who's bringing the tricolours? :offski::wink:

monktonharp
25-08-2017, 01:11 AM
Well, although this wasn't Celtic, this happened last year.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36265268thats shocking. fielding 2 ineligible players in the same game, wonder what would have happened if it had been Celtic? slap on the wrist ?:rolleyes:

monktonharp
25-08-2017, 01:25 AM
Always pick on the wee teams bloody cowards I think that there are situations over a number of years where these events have happened, more than very infrequently and usually with lower league clubs. there have been several cup replays (a lot in the juniors games) where clubs have not quite ticked all the registration boxes for players.Dont think that they have been deliberate, more likely that many of the lower clubs' systems have meant that the secretary thought that the chairman did the right stuff, and the manager was sure that the kit-man knew, etc etc.mistakes like that have cost clubs dearly over the years

Ryan69
25-08-2017, 06:08 AM
Their should be a whip round made in Scottish football to challenge this on the basis of the rules only applying to certain teams.

Could maybe be the start of clearing the mirky swamp within the SPFL.

JimBHibees
25-08-2017, 06:13 AM
Albion Rovers knew the rules and broke them. Sevco and Hearts got punished for their sins. Don't think there's much to see here tbh.

Did they?

Tornadoes70
25-08-2017, 06:16 AM
I think that there are situations over a number of years where these events have happened, more than very infrequently and usually with lower league clubs. there have been several cup replays (a lot in the juniors games) where clubs have not quite ticked all the registration boxes for players.Dont think that they have been deliberate, more likely that many of the lower clubs' systems have meant that the secretary thought that the chairman did the right stuff, and the manager was sure that the kit-man knew, etc etc.mistakes like that have cost clubs dearly over the years

100%

Clubs like Albion Rovers which survive on shoestring budgets aren't running mendacious tax schemes and their 'registration imperfections' will normally be a genuine mistake by a club secretary or some other genuine administrative mistake. However it appears the shoestring budget clubs have punishments fully enforced by the rules with being expelled from the relevant competitions as opposed to the club of which a new interpretation of the rules was specifically commissioned for.

SirDavidsNapper
25-08-2017, 06:26 AM
Did they?Points deductions and transfer embargo I'm sure

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Ryan69
25-08-2017, 06:31 AM
Points deductions and transfer embargo I'm sure

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

I thought Rangers got fined? Which they wouldnt of been able to pay anyway

Velma Dinkley
25-08-2017, 06:43 AM
I thought Rangers got fined? Which they wouldnt of been able to pay anyway

Rangers have never been punished for fielding improperly registered players.

mjhibby
25-08-2017, 06:54 AM
Rangers have never been punished for fielding improperly registered players.

100% correct. The only punishment that could have been given is losing the tItles and a massive fine which would be comparable to the effect of two grand to albion rovers. The league of course did not do that. Utterly hypocritical but as the game is run for the benefit of two clubs what do you expect.

SouthMoroccoStu
25-08-2017, 07:45 AM
Did they?

Bingo

Didn't hearts do it and gained cup progression to a cup final?

Ozyhibby
25-08-2017, 07:54 AM

The SPFL have got this case correct. Albion rovers correctly have been disqualified. That's what the rules state.
Unfortunately when Rangers did the exact same for ten years, the SPFL decided not to apply their own rules and simply issued a fine.
Can you explain to me what the difference is?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keith_M
25-08-2017, 07:58 AM
Can't believe no one has mentioned that this decision means Spartans will be hosting Linfield next week, great occasion for them

Who's bringing the tricolours? :offski::wink:

:sauzee:

:dunno:

MrSmith
25-08-2017, 08:14 AM
Their should be a whip round made in Scottish football to challenge this on the basis of the rules only applying to certain teams.

Could maybe be the start of clearing the mirky swamp within the SPFL.

Can't because the SPFL are acting within their newly created laws and are seen to be doing this legally. We would have no right of appeal due to the former SPL non action and then interpretation of the old rules. It's an organised whitewash!

Tornadoes70
25-08-2017, 12:41 PM
Can't because the SPFL are acting within their newly created laws and are seen to be doing this legally. We would have no right of appeal due to the former SPL non action and then interpretation of the old rules. It's an organised whitewash!

That's it in a nutshell unfortunately. It was a detailed formulated coordinated plan put into action by the football authorities and others including the Scottish Media and members of the Judiciary. Plans like this are normally kept from the ordinary public and normally systematically dismissed as 'conspiracy theories' if brought into the public domain by outsiders of such plans. The best brains in the business with the title and authority that enables them to act plausibly to the public can do and say what they want in legalese language that is meant to mislead the public.

The titles should of course have been rescinded in some form however its now looking more and more unlikely they will be. Personally I hope they are sometime down the line as I think it would be the correct outcome no matter however long it takes.