PDA

View Full Version : Dundee game in Split.

The Pointer
24-08-2017, 06:41 PM
Just reading one of the other threads which made me wonder, is there anywhere in Split that anyone knows may show the game?

Heading up there tomorrow for the weekend then down to Korcula if anyone's interested.

HibbyDave
25-08-2017, 06:30 AM
Did you catch the Everyon match?

The Pointer
25-08-2017, 10:43 AM
I didn't although a lot of locals in the village were watching. Will try and get to the stadium as I was at our home leg in '73.

The Pointer
25-08-2017, 12:38 PM
Just arrived at our digs having walked past a very central rugby stadium. Our hostess has told us this was the original Hadjuk stadium where the Hibees played all those years ago!

Chorley Hibee
25-08-2017, 07:03 PM
Just arrived at our digs having walked past a very central rugby stadium. Our hostess has told us this was the original Hadjuk stadium where the Hibees played all those years ago!

That's right, I was there a few weeks ago and I'll be back in 3 weeks to get married there.

Went on a tour of the Hajduk Split stadium (highly recommended) which they moved to in 1979, and there's a few bits and pieces in there regards the tie against Hibs.

Off to the Hajduk v Rijeka game on 16th September (2 days before my wedding).

Split is a fabulous city, hope you enjoy your time there.

Chorley Hibee
25-08-2017, 07:09 PM
Just reading one of the other threads which made me wonder, is there anywhere in Split that anyone knows may show the game?

Heading up there tomorrow for the weekend then down to Korcula if anyone's interested.

Try Fabrique at the end of the Riva.

The Pointer
25-08-2017, 07:40 PM
Try Fabrique at the end of the Riva.

Thanks for that. If I can drag myself away from the sun for a bit in the middle of the day I'll give it a try.

It seems a great place so I hope your wedding goes well.

pacorosssco
26-08-2017, 03:06 AM
That's right, I was there a few weeks ago and I'll be back in 3 weeks to get married there.

Went on a tour of the Hajduk Split stadium (highly recommended) which they moved to in 1979, and there's a few bits and pieces in there regards the tie against Hibs.

Off to the Hajduk v Rijeka game on 16th September (2 days before my wedding).

Split is a fabulous city, hope you enjoy your time there.

Im in croatia three weeks can I join;) nice place to get married. Amazing country

Chorley Hibee
26-08-2017, 03:45 PM
Im in croatia three weeks can I join;) nice place to get married. Amazing country

I'm there from the 13-24th September. Going to the game on the 16th if you fancy tagging along. PM me if you want.

The Pointer
27-08-2017, 06:20 PM
Well, in the end the lad in the bar couldn't get his boss to put on the game due to others watching something called F1 and a foreign game, so just sat and read. Net all afternoon.

Thanks to all who gave us updates.