24-08-2017, 04:55 PM
Brutal

Diclonius
24-08-2017, 04:58 PM
It's a conspiracy etc etc.

GloryGlory
24-08-2017, 04:59 PM
Brutal

Great trips if you're a 'Tic fan, though. And great home games, too!

Sylar
24-08-2017, 05:00 PM
I wish they had drawn either Roma or Liverpool rather than Anderlecht, but that's an otherwise excellent draw. Bayern and PSG will absolutely crush them!

BullsCloseHibs
24-08-2017, 05:04 PM
I wish they had drawn either Roma or Liverpool rather than Anderlecht, but that's an otherwise excellent draw. Bayern and PSG will absolutely crush them!

Sevco will be seething 😁

brianmc
24-08-2017, 05:05 PM
Time to dig out my Anderlecht scarf I think 🤣

lucky
24-08-2017, 05:08 PM
I hope Celtic do well. Great accessible trips for their fans. I'll be watching every game. Good luck to them as I think they'll need it but third is achievable

GloryGlory
24-08-2017, 05:09 PM
I hope Celtic do well. Great accessible trips for their fans. I'll be watching every game. Good luck to them as I think they'll need it but third is achievable

Me too! :agree:

frazeHFC
24-08-2017, 05:11 PM
I was so confused watching the draw. Porto were the first seed 2 name out but could only get put in one of 4 of the 8 groups available, despite there being no other Portuguese teams drawn yet. Not a clue why, anyone got an idea? Just assumed they could go in to any of the 8.

Pete
24-08-2017, 05:12 PM
At least they avoided Barcelona.

The Harp Awakes
24-08-2017, 05:13 PM
Cracking draw for them. Looking forward to seeing the games. Hope they do well but can't see it.

Pretty Boy
24-08-2017, 05:17 PM
Great draw for Celtic. Fans will get 3 cracking away trips and they'll give their usual decent showing at home.

They won't qualify but it will be a good chance for them to test themselves against top sides.

sambajustice
24-08-2017, 05:20 PM
Glamour ties.

Big bucks for them.

High-On-Hibs
24-08-2017, 05:21 PM
What's with the recent Celtic love in on here? **** them. Hope they get pumped in every game they play, regardless of the competition.

HoboHarry
24-08-2017, 05:26 PM
What's with the recent Celtic love in on here? **** them. Hope they get pumped in every game they play, regardless of the competition.
Genuinely mystifies me why you would want to see anything Scottish humiliated in front of the world? I doubt they will get a result against the big two in the group but it would be a marvelous GIRUY to the so called superior English teams if they did. Tell me, are you also one of the "Scottish fitba is crap" brigade?

guthrie01
24-08-2017, 05:38 PM

They have a decent amount of Scottish players who will benefit from the experience of playing against the top players which will only benefit our game.

Overall Celtic doing well will hopefully raise the profile of Scottish Football in general

Lancs Harp
24-08-2017, 05:42 PM
Genuinely mystifies me why you would want to see anything Scottish humiliated in front of the world? I doubt they will get a result against the big two in the group but it would be a marvelous GIRUY to the so called superior English teams if they did. Tell me, are you also one of the "Scottish fitba is crap" brigade?

I doubt anybody in England could give a toss so not quite sure why it would be GIRUY to the so called superior english teams.

On Celtics draw I think its a great draw, some big matches for their fans to look forward to and Celtic have proven they can give anyone a game at home. Dont travel too well and thats been Celtics problem in Europe for quite some time. They may wel give someone a shock and a bloody nose in Glasgow.

jgl07
24-08-2017, 05:44 PM
I was so confused watching the draw. Porto were the first seed 2 name out but could only get put in one of 4 of the 8 groups available, despite there being no other Portuguese teams drawn yet. Not a clue why, anyone got an idea? Just assumed they could go in to any of the 8.
It's because the draw is rigged for TV purposes. You're wrong as Benfica were in the first pot draw.

Porto are paired with Benfica so cannot play on the same day. That precluded being drawn in any group in Benfica's half of the draw.

PeeJay
24-08-2017, 05:44 PM

Think it's good when a Scottish club fares well in Europe - personally I really hope they beat Bayern home and away ...

... they most very probably won't though ....

cabbageandribs1875
24-08-2017, 05:46 PM

this :agree:

HoboHarry
24-08-2017, 05:50 PM
I doubt anybody in England could give a toss so not quite sure why it would be GIRUY to the so called superior english teams.

On Celtics draw I think its a great draw, some big matches for their fans to look forward to and Celtic have proven they can give anyone a game at home. Dont travel too well and thats been Celtics problem in Europe for quite some time. They may wel give someone a shock and a bloody nose in Glasgow.
OK I didn't spell it out word for word but I would love to hear some of those pompous English gits who regularly berate Scottish football explain for example a Celtic victory against Bayern or PSG. As I said, it's unlikely IMHO but it would be fantastic for Scottish football.

Since90+2
24-08-2017, 05:50 PM
They will get absolutely annihilated against Bayern and PSG but they will fancy their chances against Anderlecht and qualifying for the Europa.

MichaelTheCelt
24-08-2017, 05:57 PM
We'll get a doing off of Bayern and PSG away from home, will be lucky to draw with the two of them at home too. Anderlecht are nae pushovers they have been regulars in Europe after Christmas, but they are probably our best chance of 3 points at home and away. Won't hold my breath though, just hope we give ourselves a good showing and no more of the getting pumped 7-0.

Head says we're finishing bottom, heart says we're winning the whole thing :hilarious

Lancs Harp
24-08-2017, 05:59 PM
Just as an aside. Would people be routing for Rangers or Hearts (ok bit far fetched I know) if they were in the Champions League?

Lancs Harp
24-08-2017, 06:01 PM
BTW talking of Europe for those interested Evertons match in Split is on ITV4 at 8pm.

Firestarter
24-08-2017, 06:02 PM

We haven't played them in a few years. Service will resume when we remember them for the **** they are when they travel through.

Lancs Harp
24-08-2017, 06:03 PM
We'll get a doing off of Bayern and PSG away from home, will be lucky to draw with the two of them at home too. Anderlecht are nae pushovers they have been regulars in Europe after Christmas, but they are probably our best chance of 3 points at home and away. Won't hold my breath though, just hope we give ourselves a good showing and no more of the getting pumped 7-0.

Head says we're finishing bottom, heart says we're winning the whole thing :hilarious

Some cracking away days for the fans though.

Firestarter
24-08-2017, 06:03 PM
BTW talking of Europe for those interested Evertons match in Split is on ITV4 at 8pm.

Any idea what kind of a side they are putting out? Generous odds on both teams depending on how Everton feel.

MichaelTheCelt
24-08-2017, 06:04 PM

Yeah, and all relatively close travel wise. Hopefully wont have too much of an impact when returning to domestic games.

Firestarter
24-08-2017, 06:04 PM

All 3 could potentially end up the same way as Amsterdam. I don't think Paris, Germany or Belgium will take lightly songs over killing the British army.

Lancs Harp
24-08-2017, 06:05 PM
Any idea what kind of a side they are putting out? Generous odds on both teams depending on how Everton feel.

No idea mate but would be surprised if both sides werent at full strength or as near as they can possibly be to it. Everton have sold their allocation of 1400 tickets I understand, good effort but could be a a lively evening for them.

Firestarter
24-08-2017, 06:08 PM
No idea mate but would be surprised if both sides werent at full strength or as near as they can possibly be to it. Everton have sold their allocation of 1400 tickets I understand, good effort but could be a a lively evening for them.

Cheers man.

The Spaceman
24-08-2017, 06:12 PM
Hope they do well. They are already streets ahead of us all (won't last forever to this extent!) so I want them to do well and promote our game. They were unbeaten in all domestic competitions last year, so them getting manhandled 7-0 by Bayern would really rub our game into the ground.

Firestarter
24-08-2017, 06:14 PM
Hope they do well. They are already streets ahead of us all (won't last forever to this extent!) so I want them to do well and promote our game. They were unbeaten in all domestic competitions last year, so them getting manhandled 7-0 by Bayern would really rub our game into the ground.

Promote our game displaying Ireland's flag? Celtic never have or nevertheless will do care about Scotland or our game. I hope they get pumped same as Hearts and Huns. Promote our game will do what for Hibernian fc exactly? Zero.

jgl07
24-08-2017, 06:46 PM
Promote our game displaying Ireland's flag? Celtic never have or nevertheless will do care about Scotland or our game. I hope they get pumped same as Hearts and Huns. Promote our game will do what for Hibernian fc exactly? Zero.
By improving the Scottish coefficient so that Hibs will not have to play the qualifying round for the Europa League before the end of the previous season.

supermcginn
24-08-2017, 06:51 PM

Couldn't agree more! Them, sevco and hearts can gtf!

barcahibs
24-08-2017, 07:59 PM

This

Hope they get humiliated, i don't know any Bayern, PSG, or Anderlecht fans but can happily chat away to the office celtc fan with a grin on my face if they get humped.

SirDavidsNapper
24-08-2017, 08:02 PM
Tough draw for Celtic. Rangers would have gone to the police. But in all honesty I couldn't really care.

Stubbsy2016
24-08-2017, 08:22 PM

So you hope they get pumped of Hertz?

......and Sevco

Onion
24-08-2017, 08:39 PM
Never wished Celtic well, going back to '67. They are a horrible, bigoted club who have systematically sucked the life out of the competition in Scotland and who would jump at the first opportunity to stuff the rest of us without a second glance back.

With zero challengers in Scotland, they've become a steroid pumped-up freak-show of a club, fuelled by religious bigotry.

heretoday
24-08-2017, 10:28 PM
Cracking draw for them. Looking forward to seeing the games. Hope they do well but can't see it.

These are the sort of games we want to see in Scotland - even if Celtic get humped.

Firestarter
24-08-2017, 10:30 PM
By improving the Scottish coefficient so that Hibs will not have to play the qualifying round for the Europa League before the end of the previous season.

Hahahaha like that's going to happen. Wake up.

Firestarter
24-08-2017, 10:35 PM
So you hope they get pumped of Hertz?

......and Sevco

Logically, I hope Celtic pump hearts, Huns pump hearts the match between the other two not going to lie, I hope super Leigh gets it up the Huns. Celtic are vile also though and if it wasn't for Spark I wouldn't care. Saying that I've never once in my life hoped anything good for Rangers old or new

pacorosssco
24-08-2017, 11:44 PM
All 3 could potentially end up the same way as Amsterdam. I don't think Paris, Germany or Belgium will take lightly songs over killing the British army.

Fans elsewhere dont really get or understand songs that away sides sing.Ajax sing bad songs that go over our head. Better draw than last year but Brussels wont be friendly and not a place to go off track

monktonharp
25-08-2017, 12:11 AM
What's with the recent Celtic love in on here? **** them. Hope they get pumped in every game they play, regardless of the competition.think you may be high on more than Hibs when you come out with that. surely you would want a team that is quite full of Scottish players, and are the current Scottish champions who, if they do well will in some way pass some money through the system to other Scottish clubs? . I am of the opinion though, that they will do very well this year in the competition and I actually expect them to be knocking on the door for a semi-final slot. they aint gonna win it though. entitled to your view though, but I disagree and wont make abusive remarks :wink:

MWHIBBIES
25-08-2017, 01:31 AM
think you may be high on more than Hibs when you come out with that. surely you would want a team that is quite full of Scottish players, and are the current Scottish champions who, if they do well will in some way pass some money through the system to other Scottish clubs? . I am of the opinion though, that they will do very well this year in the competition and I actually expect them to be knocking on the door for a semi-final slot. they aint gonna win it though. entitled to your view though, but I disagree and wont make abusive remarks :wink:You think Celtic will be knocking on the doors of the Champions league semi finals?

SirDavidsNapper
25-08-2017, 02:52 AM
think you may be high on more than Hibs when you come out with that. surely you would want a team that is quite full of Scottish players, and are the current Scottish champions who, if they do well will in some way pass some money through the system to other Scottish clubs? . I am of the opinion though, that they will do very well this year in the competition and I actually expect them to be knocking on the door for a semi-final slot. they aint gonna win it though. entitled to your view though, but I disagree and wont make abusive remarks :wink:

Celtic will do well to finish 3rd in their group. Semi final of the Champions league is never going to happen.

Since90+2
25-08-2017, 05:21 AM
think you may be high on more than Hibs when you come out with that. surely you would want a team that is quite full of Scottish players, and are the current Scottish champions who, if they do well will in some way pass some money through the system to other Scottish clubs? . I am of the opinion though, that they will do very well this year in the competition and I actually expect them to be knocking on the door for a semi-final slot. they aint gonna win it though. entitled to your view though, but I disagree and wont make abusive remarks :wink:

Celtic won't get out the group let alone make the semis.

Super_JMcGinn
25-08-2017, 08:12 AM

Totally agree.

Here's what they're more interested in promoting http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-41035420

Salt N Sauzee
25-08-2017, 08:28 AM

This. 100%.

The Celtic Love-in is totally cringeworthy. If they don't embarrass themselves on the park their fans will make up for that by getting the usual fines for fan behaviour i.e for IRA songs, banners, flares, fighting etc. One of two halves of Scotlands shame.

Billy Whizz
25-08-2017, 09:04 AM
Noticed that Ajax were knocked out the Europa league by Rosenberg last night. Similar to Scottish Football, look how far Dutch football has fallen of recent. Used to be Kings of Europe

Michael
25-08-2017, 09:09 AM
Noticed that Ajax were knocked out the Europa league by Rosenberg last night. Similar to Scottish Football, look how far Dutch football has fallen of recent. Used to be Kings of Europe

They were in the final last year!

Michael
25-08-2017, 09:11 AM

Hibs will win the Premiership before Celtic reach the Champions League semi.

Billy Whizz
25-08-2017, 09:17 AM
They were in the final last year!

Oops

frazeHFC
25-08-2017, 09:45 AM
It's because the draw is rigged for TV purposes. You're wrong as Benfica were in the first pot draw.

Porto are paired with Benfica so cannot play on the same day. That precluded being drawn in any group in Benfica's half of the draw.

Ahh I must have missed that. Cheers cause that has genuinely been bugging me since the draw. :tee hee:

frazeHFC
25-08-2017, 09:49 AM

Mystifies you why anyone would want Celtic to get pumped? They're one half of the horrible bigot brothers, singing their bile about the IRA etc. Seen (and been myself) subjected to tossed coins and punched leaving Celtic park before, horrible fans. I love nothing more than seeing them get smashed by Europe's finest.

California-Hibs
25-08-2017, 12:42 PM
Hope Celtic win every game in it. I don't buy into not being able to support them in Europe because it's Celtic, gang. They're a Scottish team and I don't want our country embarrassed. As much as it pains us that it ain't us, they're flying the flag for Scotland on a world wide viewed tournament.

And the whole 'but it's more money widening the gap even further'. Celtic could miss out on the group stages for the next 20 years and still be miles ahead with their cash generated through sponsorships and home crowds etc, so it's not gonna make a difference on that front.

Billy Whizz
25-08-2017, 12:47 PM
Looking at Celtics champions league dates, Hibs play them on the Saturday after they've played in Europe
Best time to get them

mcohibs
25-08-2017, 12:55 PM
Hope Celtic win every game in it. I don't buy into not being able to support them in Europe because it's Celtic, gang. They're a Scottish team and I don't want our country embarrassed. As much as it pains us that it ain't us, they're flying the flag for Scotland on a world wide viewed tournament.

And the whole 'but it's more money widening the gap even further'. Celtic could miss out on the group stages for the next 20 years and still be miles ahead with their cash generated through sponsorships and home crowds etc, so it's not gonna make a difference on that front.

'Flying the flag for Scotland.' Sure the saltires are being looked out and folded as we speak...

Winning every game in it is basically saying you want Celtic to win the champions league. Would the same go for Rangers if they were in it? Would you want Hearts to win the champions league because they are a Scottish team and they're flying the flag for us?? Don't buy that.

blackpoolhibs
25-08-2017, 12:57 PM
Mystifies you why anyone would want Celtic to get pumped? They're one half of the horrible bigot brothers, singing their bile about the IRA etc. Seen (and been myself) subjected to tossed coins and punched leaving Celtic park before, horrible fans. I love nothing more than seeing them get smashed by Europe's finest.

Me too, can't stand them and want them pumped just as I want huns and diets pumped too.

Salt N Sauzee
25-08-2017, 01:48 PM

Don't let their fans hear you say that.

jgl07
25-08-2017, 10:41 PM
Hahahaha like that's going to happen. Wake up.

Talk down Scottish Football then.

Celtc have a fighting chance of making third place in the group and then progressing to the Europa League. Any points gained in the run would improve Scotland's coefficient. It would be better if Sevco were not beaten by a Luxembourg team or Hearts by a Maltese team recently. Aberdeen have hardly covered themselves in glory either.

I am no fan of Celtc but they acquitted themselves well last year in a 'group of death' with Barca, Man City and Borussia MGB.

You appear to be letting bigotry cloud your judgement.

pacorosssco
26-08-2017, 01:09 AM

Still sell players on year in year out for top dollar. Celtic were pushed all way by Rosenberg. Dutch are way ahead of us.

lapsedhibee
26-08-2017, 11:14 AM
Hibs will win the Premiership before Celtic reach the Champions League semi.

Liking your confidence. Agree we'll win the Premiership, but not before 11 April. Think Celtc'll take us to the last game or couple of games in May.

NZ Green
26-08-2017, 01:20 PM
Just as an aside. Would people be routing for Rangers or Hearts (ok bit far fetched I know) if they were in the Champions League?
I was just thinking this myself. I think I would be indifferent, maybe want them do well but not too well haha.
Strangely I think I would prefer Hearts to do better than Rangers if they were in the Champions League, despite the fact a win against Hearts is much better than a win against Rangers.

Any other Scottish team I would be happy to see win the Champions League, including Celtic, I don't really mind Celtic at all.