PDA

View Full Version : Dundee v Hibs on TV in Brighton

allmodcons
24-08-2017, 02:35 PM
Does anybody know of a decent bar in Brighton that might be showing Dundee v Hibs?

jimmyboco#1
24-08-2017, 02:37 PM
Anyone know anywhere in Dunfermline that will be showing it....?

Cheers

Billy Whizz
24-08-2017, 02:37 PM

Cheers

Seriously

lucky
24-08-2017, 02:46 PM
Similar question but anyone know a bar in Poznan that's likely to show the game?

DarlingtonHibee
24-08-2017, 02:46 PM
Does anybody know of a decent bar in Brighton that might be showing Dundee v Hibs?

It's called sky tv

jimmyboco#1
24-08-2017, 02:55 PM
Seriously

Yes, Seriously!!!

It clashes with West Brom V Stoke (which starts at 1.30pm) and from my experience most pubs these days tend to show English Premier League games ahead of Scottish ones. Don't want a pub where it gets switched over half way through!

Since90+2
24-08-2017, 03:03 PM
I would imagine most pubs that have Sky Sports in Dunfermline would show the game ahead of West Brom v Stoke.

Albanian Hibs
24-08-2017, 03:10 PM

Cheers

Go to the game instead?

jimmyboco#1
24-08-2017, 03:22 PM
Go to the game instead?

If I could, I would.

allmodcons
24-08-2017, 03:35 PM
It's called sky tv

HUTCHYHIBBY
24-08-2017, 04:15 PM
Yes, Seriously!!!

It clashes with West Brom V Stoke (which starts at 1.30pm) and from my experience most pubs these days tend to show English Premier League games ahead of Scottish ones. Don't want a pub where it gets switched over half way through!

The East Port will probably show them both, every chance of bumping into Alex Edwards too.

jimmyboco#1
24-08-2017, 04:53 PM
The East Port will probably show them both, every chance of bumping into Alex Edwards too.

Thank you.

DarlingtonHibee
24-08-2017, 04:54 PM

Ffs do your homework, there is no other game on until 2pm,most pubs have two boxes....

IanM
24-08-2017, 06:12 PM

The Font, its in The Lanes close to the seafront. Cracking wee pub, great prices and it'll have the game. Where I go when we visit

Nameless
24-08-2017, 06:34 PM
Similar question but anyone know a bar in Poznan that's likely to show the game?I was in Poznan for the Dundee Utd semi 2 years ago - searched everywhere to find a pub with Sky Sports, must have checked about 50 bars, not a single one showing it and most didn't even have TV's. Your best bet is to try the big hotels - there is a Hilton or Marriot (can't remember which) next to the large shopping centre (Starry Brower sp) which I'm told showed the old firm semi the next day - worth a shot.

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

Lago
24-08-2017, 07:25 PM
Ffs do your homework, there is no other game on until 2pm,most pubs have two boxes....
Calm down.

allmodcons
24-08-2017, 08:22 PM

it's true what they say about every team having ********s that follow them.

NORTHERNHIBBY
24-08-2017, 08:22 PM
It's called sky tv

Didn't the poster just ask about a bar?

allmodcons
24-08-2017, 08:23 PM
The Font, its in The Lanes close to the seafront. Cracking wee pub, great prices and it'll have the game. Where I go when we visit

Thanks, will give it a try.

houstonhibbee
24-08-2017, 08:25 PM
Is it on hibs tv for us overseaers?

lucky
25-08-2017, 07:42 AM
I was in Poznan for the Dundee Utd semi 2 years ago - searched everywhere to find a pub with Sky Sports, must have checked about 50 bars, not a single one showing it and most didn't even have TV's. Your best bet is to try the big hotels - there is a Hilton or Marriot (can't remember which) next to the large shopping centre (Starry Brower sp) which I'm told showed the old firm semi the next day - worth a shot.

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

Cheers, searched on line but no joy. I even emailed a few bars as well.

green with envy
25-08-2017, 08:52 AM

I was in Brighton last year for the mod weekender, i'm assuming from your user name you are doing the same?

Found a brilliant pub called The King and Queen - old tudor building with 4/5 big screens that showed the fitba, inc one in the beer garden. Also has a decent menu and from memory reasonably priced.

It's not on the front but only a 5/10 min walk inland from East Street (Quad Alley)

allmodcons
25-08-2017, 09:30 AM
I was in Brighton last year for the mod weekender, i'm assuming from your user name you are doing the same?

Found a brilliant pub called The King and Queen - old tudor building with 4/5 big screens that showed the fitba, inc one in the beer garden. Also has a decent menu and from memory reasonably priced.

It's not on the front but only a 5/10 min walk inland from East Street (Quad Alley)

Thanks. Have just arrived in Brighton. 7.00am flight from Inverness. Looking forward to weekend.

green with envy
25-08-2017, 10:06 AM
Thanks. Have just arrived in Brighton. 7.00am flight from Inverness. Looking forward to weekend.

Enjoy!

hibee_nation
25-08-2017, 10:26 AM

A biker would have rode down. :greengrin

mim
25-08-2017, 10:36 AM
I'm going anyway, but I had considered watching it at home, because of the awful time.
I have BT TV at home with what was Sky Sports 1 and 2 added. These have now been replaced on BT by SS Main Event and SS Extra. I've just found out that I wouldn't have been able to watch the game.
For anyone (or any bar) using BT TV with Sky Sports Main Event and Sky Sports Extra added, the game is not on these channels. You must have the Sky Football channel to see the game.

Jack Hackett
25-08-2017, 12:00 PM

Checked out both the Font and the K & Q. Spoke to the manager in the King and Queen, and he would have been able to accommodate, but unfortunately there's a private function on Sunday from 1 o'clock and the pub will be closed to the public.

The guy I spoke to in the Font says they'll be showing the West Brom game, and didn't know if they could show 2 games at same time... just one of the bar staff, so it might be worth calling in again when someone more knowledgeable is in.

Went into a few other bars, but the only one I got any joy in was The Walrus, in Ship Street off the seafront http://www.thewalrusbrighton.com/. Manager said yes he's happy to show, but without sound as the West Brom game takes precedence... from which I presume he means after that game starts.

Looks like the weather is set fair for the weekend, so enjoy Britains premier beach resort :aok:

NZ Green
25-08-2017, 12:47 PM
Yep!

greenlex
25-08-2017, 01:36 PM

Like.😂😂

houstonhibbee
25-08-2017, 03:28 PM

Yes!

jonny
25-08-2017, 03:46 PM
Similar question but anyone know a bar in Poznan that's likely to show the game?

It's also showing on foreign channels Bein Sports MENA 12 and Digi Sport 2, you might have more joy finding somewhere with those.
If you have a look at the website 'liveonsat.com' and click the Scotland flag it lists what channels across the world each game is on. Also a good tool for anyone using IPTV, Kodi or mobdro.

Jack Hackett
25-08-2017, 04:09 PM
It's also showing on foreign channels Bein Sports MENA 12 and Digi Sport 2, you might have more joy finding somewhere with those.
If you have a look at the website 'liveonsat.com' and click the Scotland flag it lists what channels across the world each game is on. Also a good tool for anyone using IPTV, Kodi or mobdro.

Brilliant find jonny. Bookmarked. :aok:

sleeping giant
25-08-2017, 04:18 PM

That's excellent mate. Thanks

HoboHarry
25-08-2017, 04:28 PM
Not sure where I will watch the game. Depends on where ma hoose lands after it gets rag dolled by Hurricane Harvey.....

allmodcons
25-08-2017, 05:03 PM

:top marks

allmodcons
25-08-2017, 05:07 PM
Checked out both the Font and the K & Q. Spoke to the manager in the King and Queen, and he would have been able to accommodate, but unfortunately there's a private function on Sunday from 1 o'clock and the pub will be closed to the public.

The guy I spoke to in the Font says they'll be showing the West Brom game, and didn't know if they could show 2 games at same time... just one of the bar staff, so it might be worth calling in again when someone more knowledgeable is in.

Went into a few other bars, but the only one I got any joy in was The Walrus, in Ship Street off the seafront http://www.thewalrusbrighton.com/. Manager said yes he's happy to show, but without sound as the West Brom game takes precedence... from which I presume he means after that game starts.

Looks like the weather is set fair for the weekend, so enjoy Britains premier beach resort :aok:

Went in past The Walrus this afternoon and was told they were showing game.

Thanks, much appreciated.

Jack Hackett
25-08-2017, 05:35 PM
Went in past The Walrus this afternoon and was told they were showing game.

Thanks, much appreciated.

No worries bud. I'd keep you company but I've a prior engagement and will miss the game other than phone updates.

You'll have noticed that Brighton is buzzing atm with the fine weather and imminent bank holiday, so I've no doubt you will. have a most excellent weekend. A wee result on Sunday should top it off.

Enjoy!

houstonhibbee
25-08-2017, 06:25 PM
Not sure where I will watch the game. Depends on where ma hoose lands after it gets rag dolled by Hurricane Harvey.....

When's it ur to hit north houston? I'm flying in next weekend. Glad it's not today😳

houstonhibbee
25-08-2017, 07:15 PM

When's it ur to hit north houston? I'm flying in next weekend. Glad it's not today😳

Salisbury Hibby
27-08-2017, 08:43 AM
****ing ridiculous that in Scotland a West Bromwich Albion game is considered higher priority than a Scottish Premiership match.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

lucky
27-08-2017, 09:37 AM

Thanks