PDA

View Full Version : Macron training tops - help

Spooky
24-08-2017, 10:27 AM
Just looking at the Hibs training tops in the online club store.

Grateful for any advice on whether the sizes come up on the "snug" side.

Normally am XL for t-shirts, but the shop size guide state XL as 43-44 - which seems a little tight imho.

Just tried to measure my chest which comes up as 46 - which means I would end up having to buy a 2XL or even 3XL - which now seems excessive.

Need to buy it online, as I live hundreds of miles from ER, so can't pop into the shop.

Thanks for any info.

GW

Leith's finest
24-08-2017, 10:44 AM
Im norm xl with football shirts, the macron one i got is xxl

Spooky
24-08-2017, 10:50 AM

Thanks for that!

Think that's what I will go for too :thumbsup:

BlackSheep
24-08-2017, 10:59 AM

Yup... im L/XL in most t-shirts/footie shirts and im a XXL for the Macron hibs top...

BullsCloseHibs
24-08-2017, 11:30 AM
Im always Medium but had to go for Large in my Macron training top.

Well smart it is too :agree:

Bristolhibby
24-08-2017, 11:48 AM
I'm a Large normally in most clothes including other football shirts (Adidas, Puma, Umbro).

Went to an XL last season as it was more snug than the Cup winning Nike shirt (which I'm a Large).

Went XL on the Macron home shirt, fits snug, but not tiny, definitely wearable. Also went XL on the Anthem jacket. That feels a bit snugger.

Had to go XXL on the away shirt as it's cut ever so slightly tighter. I'd say about an inch and a bit. Which when sporting a beer belly makes all the difference.

That all said, Hibs shop have been brilliant with swapping tops via post. They don't charge P&P to send the new shirts out to you.

The added problem also is my weight fluctuates. I'm currently 14st 2lbs. When I'm at 13st 7lbs then I feel much more comfortable in my Hibs gear. Used to be 17stone so **** knows what Macron size that is.

J

thommo1875
24-08-2017, 12:38 PM

Normally am XL for t-shirts, but the shop size guide state XL as 43-44 - which seems a little tight imho.

Just tried to measure my chest which comes up as 46 - which means I would end up having to buy a 2XL or even 3XL - which now seems excessive.

Need to buy it online, as I live hundreds of miles from ER, so can't pop into the shop.

Thanks for any info.

GW

I woud o fo an XXL - had same issue, ordered XL online going by the size guide and it was abit snug - had to return for an XXL

jeffers
24-08-2017, 02:28 PM

Thanks for any info.

GW
When you say training tops do you mean the one the players typically warm up in, looks like a net pattern on it ? I bought a normal T shirt in XXL. but when it came to the training top I needed XL. Don't know if those run slightly larger. Sorry, probably not helping you with this !

macca70
24-08-2017, 06:11 PM

Thanks for any info.

GW

I'd go 3XL, they seem to be 2 sizes out. There's a fair few toight looking Macron tops on Hibbies out there.

Check the fit aswell, there is a green polo shirt that is slim fit, that is defo 2 sizes over, maybe normal fit is just 1 size up.

Lancs Harp
24-08-2017, 06:12 PM
Alot of lads on this thread putting weight on and not admitting it. :greengrin

tamig
24-08-2017, 06:15 PM
Definitely go a size up. I am a large normally and got a large training top the day they came out. They are snug all right.

Spooky
26-08-2017, 09:48 AM
I have now ordered the 2XL of the black with green pattern (instead of my usual XL)

Just waiting for the postie to deliver it.

Thanks everyone for the size info, and if some say, maybe I might have to up another size.

Also good to hear people have had good service returning, if I do need to swap.

Cheers

s2hart
27-08-2017, 07:18 AM
I have now ordered the 2XL of the black with green pattern (instead of my usual XL)

Just waiting for the postie to deliver it.

Thanks everyone for the size info, and if some say, maybe I might have to up another size.

Also good to hear people have had good service returning, if I do need to swap.

Cheers

Can you let us know how you get on, looking at ordering online too, it will be too much hassle and expensive returning for me.

Thanks in advance:aok: