PDA

View Full Version : Carabao Cup Draw(04:15)

Ryan69
23-08-2017, 12:30 PM
What ever next for English Football.

Making the draw at 04:15
Cause for some ridiculous reason.....Its being held in China of all places!

English football is just like a wh0re now it seems!

Keith_M
23-08-2017, 12:32 PM
They can't be serious.

The_Exile
23-08-2017, 12:34 PM
Carabao cup? is this some weird sponsor for the league cup or some lower league thing? Mind you I'd happily let them name the Scottish Cup something crazy if it brought the cash in I suppose. We're all money slags at the end of the day :greengrin

1van Sprou7e
23-08-2017, 12:37 PM
Carabao cup? is this some weird sponsor for the league cup or some lower league thing? Mind you I'd happily let them name the Scottish Cup something crazy if it brought the cash in I suppose. We're all money slags at the end of the day :greengrin

It's the league cup, apparently Carabao is a thai energy drink

I don't mind stupid sponsor names too much but it's a bit ridiculous to name a cup after a product that is probably rarely sold in England

frazeHFC
23-08-2017, 12:39 PM
That's absolutely ridiculous. :bitchy:

greenlex
23-08-2017, 12:47 PM
Can't see the problem. When they start playing games over there or in the middle of the night to accommodate far off sponsors then that's the line not to cross. A cup draw in the afternoon is just fine. A bigger problem is the first round isn't complete and they are playing second round matches.

1van Sprou7e
23-08-2017, 12:54 PM
Can't see the problem. When they start playing games over there or in the middle of the night to accommodate far off sponsors then that's the line not to cross. A cup draw in the afternoon is just fine. A bigger problem is the first round isn't complete and they are playing second round matches.

4:15 PM would be a perfectly reasonable time, shame it's at 4:15 in the morning.

Colr
23-08-2017, 12:59 PM

I don't mind stupid sponsor names too much but it's a bit ridiculous to name a cup after a product that is probably rarely sold in England

Nah!! It's a kind of Canadian reindeer.

CropleyWasGod
23-08-2017, 01:07 PM

...the point being to raise its profile, to boost sales in the UK.

Like what Mr. Romanov done, eh?

greenlex
23-08-2017, 01:14 PM
4:15 PM would be a perfectly reasonable time, shame it's at 4:15 in the morning.

It's only a cup draw.

Ryan69
23-08-2017, 03:18 PM
It's only a cup draw.

Didnt you ever love watching the cup draw?
See who we would get.

I do....But certainly wouldnt be setting alarm for 0400 to find out.

Its just stupid.

sixtwo
23-08-2017, 03:25 PM
Bigger questions will be asked if there is a few huge fixtures pulled out. Also, the Far East is notorious for match fixing and gambling.

That said, its probably still a lot less corrupt than Scottish football

Godsahibby
23-08-2017, 03:31 PM

Carabo has advertising at Hibs and was the main sponsor for the player of the year last year. With the legal issues Marathon were having holding up the deal to be main sponsor again I had heard we had initial talks with Carabo about them as a main sponsor.

Humo
23-08-2017, 03:32 PM
It's only a cup draw.The amount of times we've got hearts in the cup recently has always made a cup draw exciting.

Picture this scenario same 4 teams in the semi as last year: The Rangers, Celtic, Aberdeen and us. That draw would pull in lots of viewers to watch the draw and would be extremely exciting for the 4 teams in the draw. But nah put it at 4am for the benefit of foreign sponsors who've never been to a game in person before.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

CockneyRebel
23-08-2017, 03:32 PM
They can't be serious.

It's just a cup draw not a match - jeez you lot like a moan eh?

1van Sprou7e
23-08-2017, 03:38 PM
Carabo has advertising at Hibs and was the main sponsor for the player of the year last year. With the legal issues Marathon were having holding up the deal to be main sponsor again I had heard we had initial talks with Carabo about them as a main sponsor.

Had no idea

Has anyone ever seen this drink in a shop here before? Or are they just beginning to kick off in the UK now?

Tornadoes70
23-08-2017, 03:39 PM
Bigger questions will be asked if there is a few huge fixtures pulled out. Also, the Far East is notorious for match fixing and gambling.

That said, its probably still a lot less corrupt than Scottish football

Maybe the Far East should hire Lord Nimmo Smith to clean the game up? A new broom and all that.

:hilarious

givescotlandfreedom
23-08-2017, 03:53 PM

What were the legal issues with Marathon Bet please? I wasn't aware of that.

Godsahibby
23-08-2017, 04:03 PM
What were the legal issues with Marathon Bet please? I wasn't aware of that.

I don't know the ins and outs but something to do with Spanish regulators.

greenlex
23-08-2017, 05:42 PM
The amount of times we've got hearts in the cup recently has always made a cup draw exciting.

Picture this scenario same 4 teams in the semi as last year: The Rangers, Celtic, Aberdeen and us. That draw would pull in lots of viewers to watch the draw and would be extremely exciting for the 4 teams in the draw. But nah put it at 4am for the benefit of foreign sponsors who've never been to a game in person before.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
We will be selling tickets for it live next.:greengrin Not that big a deal for me.
edit - maybe it's televised to a much bigger audience over there. Sponsors rule ya bass.

Vini1875
23-08-2017, 05:58 PM
English football has a massive audience in the Far East. I wouldn't be surprised to hear that they are playing some competitive games out there. The TV audiences in China and India in particular, for English football dwarf anything they could get from England.

jgl07
24-08-2017, 11:55 AM
They scheduled it in the middle of the night so that they could correct the cock-ups before anybody in the UK woke up.

This is the competition that had Charlton Athletic drawn against two different opponents in the previous round and had several teams confused if they were home or away.

Speaking of Cup Draws, someone doing them obviously doesn't like Manchester City:

They drew West Brom away in the Caribou Cup. That is the tenth successive time that City have been drawn away in the FA Cup and the EFL Cup. Nine out of ten they were drawn away to a Premier League team. The exception was Huddersfield last season in the FA Cup, and they are now in the Premier League.

There is a one in a thousand chance of ten successive away draws even before you start factoring in getting top league opponents nine times.

Meantime, Manchester United draw Burton! At home!

NadeAteMyLunch!
24-08-2017, 08:25 PM
Had no idea

Has anyone ever seen this drink in a shop here before? Or are they just beginning to kick off in the UK now?

Yeah it's getting pretty big over here. They were in the 2nd floor bar BTG before a match last season with stalls set up giving free cans away for about 3 hours.
Sponsor all Chelsea's pre match warm up and training gear.

Billy Whizz
24-08-2017, 08:38 PM
Yeah it's getting pretty big over here. They were in the 2nd floor bar BTG before a match last season with stalls set up giving free cans away for about 3 hours.
Sponsor all Chelsea's pre match warm up and training gear.

I work in the food trade, and haven't seen the brand around much

blackpoolhibs
24-08-2017, 08:40 PM

I eat a LOT of food, and have never heard of it before? :greengrin

NadeAteMyLunch!
24-08-2017, 08:46 PM

I notice it in loads of shops but I was borderline addicted to energy drinks for a year or so in my youth so it's maybe something I just subconsciously notice when a new brand appears on the scene [emoji38]

Sir David Gray
24-08-2017, 08:54 PM
I think this is a sign of the times sadly, but it's still absolutely ridiculous.

I heard this last night on the radio when they were previewing last night's games and they were complaining about how the draw would not only be held in China but would also be held at a time that would suit Chinese people and not those in England.

Having a cup draw being done in China in the first place is just a nonsense but to then have it in the early hours of the morning when most of the people it will affect are sleeping is not on.

Shame on the English football authorities for allowing this to happen.