PDA

View Full Version : Hibs Talk Episode 9 - Hamilton Hiccup or Wake up?

HibsTalk
23-08-2017, 07:08 AM
What happened? Listen to 3 passionate fans vent their frustrations & attempt to bring back the positive vibes!

Www.SoundCloud.com/HibsTalk/ep9

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/hibs-talk/id1236445811?mt=2&i=1000391355939

Carheenlea
23-08-2017, 08:38 AM
A right cheery listen that was...

Hopefully a more upbeat show next week :flag:

RoxburghHibs
23-08-2017, 09:20 AM
Your link was broken....

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/hibs-talk/id1236445811?mt=2&i=1000391355939

Danderhall Hibs
23-08-2017, 04:17 PM
Pretty negative. Whittaker, Ambrose and Stokes getting the brunt of the frustrations.

Would you react as negatively to Henderson having 1 bad game?

RoxburghHibs
23-08-2017, 05:04 PM
Pretty negative. Whittaker, Ambrose and Stokes getting the brunt of the frustrations.

Would you react as negatively to Henderson having 1 bad game?

Yeah exactly what I thought! Lennon getting a very hard time was especially difficult to listen too - however this would have been fine if it had been a balanced discussion not 3 guys having a go (especially as not in sink with the opinion of the majority of Hibs fans).

However it's a good idea having these pod casts if you can balance out the opinions :thumbsup:

Firestarter
23-08-2017, 05:09 PM
So it's o be everything is rosy etc etc? The worst performance since Queens last year is allowed to be slated.

SRHibs
23-08-2017, 05:19 PM
So it's o be everything is rosy etc etc? The worst performance since Queens last year is allowed to be slated.

There's a difference between slating a single performance and putting a negative spin on absolutely everything/everyone Hibs because of one performance.

Firestarter
23-08-2017, 05:46 PM
There's a difference between slating a single performance and putting a negative spin on absolutely everything/everyone Hibs because of one performance.

The morning after the match on Saturday I was still raging. Do you think training on Monday was positive or negative? Lennon would have rightly went through them, I don't see why the support shouldn't too, we should be levels above getting horsed at home at Hamilton, especially with the incoming fixtures.

RoxburghHibs
23-08-2017, 06:08 PM
The morning after the match on Saturday I was still raging. Do you think training on Monday was positive or negative? Lennon would have rightly went through them, I don't see why the support shouldn't too, we should be levels above getting horsed at home at Hamilton, especially with the incoming fixtures.

So not a good time to do the podcast in hindsight then? Don't get me wrong I love the passion of the guys involved and a "fan podcast" is a great idea. However some of the opinions voiced were more "long term negatives" and not just related to the one match/team performance. For example "Lennon is not a good manager but Neil McCann is" and you all seemed to agree! (WTF)

Ambrose was getting it really tight as was the entire defence - granted they deserved the criticism for Saturday but that defence has been very good for over a year (more so when playing Premiership teams).

I have only listened to one podcast so maybe the others are "over the top positive" and that's just how you guys roll.

Ultimately a good idea but maybe needs a more balanced level discussion or just do what you do and ignore me as it's your podcast in the end. :thumbsup:

Danderhall Hibs
23-08-2017, 07:27 PM

You can criticise but I like it to be constructive rather than blatant kicking in the stanes. Examples - Whittaker's ***** and shouldn't be near the Scotland squad and Lennon's just picking his pals.

It just went to the extreme and didn't feel representative to what the guys I know were saying although pandered to some of the drama queens I've seen on here.

Firestarter
23-08-2017, 09:11 PM
You can criticise but I like it to be constructive rather than blatant kicking in the stanes. Examples - Whittaker's ***** and shouldn't be near the Scotland squad and Lennon's just picking his pals.

It just went to the extreme and didn't feel representative to what the guys I know were saying although pandered to some of the drama queens I've seen on here.

Aye, agree with both yous to be honest.

Danderhall Hibs
23-08-2017, 09:23 PM
Aye, agree with both yous to be honest.

I think it's great the guys are doing the podcast and don't want to discourage them but wanted to leave some constructive criticism for them. :greengrin

Firestarter
23-08-2017, 10:39 PM
I think it's great the guys are doing the podcast and don't want to discourage them but wanted to leave some constructive criticism for them. :greengrin

I'm no way involved, I appreciate the time it must take them to do the podcast which is brilliant too, same Craig does for Monday night fitba, I agree it came across as right after the match in the pub type reaction but these boys aren't panelists structuring the podcast and it seems straight from the heart fans view. Perhaps perspective will be applied in future and again I hope they take it on board, I see it as a few fans telling it like it is aftermatch reaction and I hope it continues, even builds. Would love a dot net podcast, we all love the club and it's amazing for passing time to from work, it's the way ahead.

Carheenlea
24-08-2017, 08:33 AM
I'm no way involved, I appreciate the time it must take them to do the podcast which is brilliant too, same Craig does for Monday night fitba, I agree it came across as right after the match in the pub type reaction but these boys aren't panelists structuring the podcast and it seems straight from the heart fans view. Perhaps perspective will be applied in future and again I hope they take it on board, I see it as a few fans telling it like it is aftermatch reaction and I hope it continues, even builds. Would love a dot net podcast, we all love the club and it's amazing for passing time to from work, it's the way ahead.

I enjoy listening to both this podcast and the official club one, with this week both being a bit different in their approach to dissecting the match. The club one was recorded in the immediate aftermath from the commentary gantry, and was quite a measured look at what had happened the 90 minutes before - probably what you would expect from an official club podcast, and the fans one offering differing reactions more in line with what a lot of us were talking about post match in the pubs or cars home.

HibsTalk
24-08-2017, 10:17 AM

This is all very helpful everyone. I listened back and yeah, Steven and Dave were both way too negative, and I try to be the upbeat one, but I got dragged into it to. We'll take this all on board and get back to you next week with an improved product. Thanks as always - Gav

HibsTalk
24-08-2017, 10:21 AM
So not a good time to do the podcast in hindsight then? Don't get me wrong I love the passion of the guys involved and a "fan podcast" is a great idea. However some of the opinions voiced were more "long term negatives" and not just related to the one match/team performance. For example "Lennon is not a good manager but Neil McCann is" and you all seemed to agree! (WTF)

Ambrose was getting it really tight as was the entire defence - granted they deserved the criticism for Saturday but that defence has been very good for over a year (more so when playing Premiership teams).

I have only listened to one podcast so maybe the others are "over the top positive" and that's just how you guys roll.

Ultimately a good idea but maybe needs a more balanced level discussion or just do what you do and ignore me as it's your podcast in the end. :thumbsup:

Will take this all on board, appreciate you giving your time to give us so much feedback. And I was being sarcastic about Neil McCann being a better manager than Lennon haha. I love the job Lennon is doing, I love his ambition, his management skills etc. But the way he conducts himself, I never liked him because of this at Celtic, so I'm not going to love him now he's at Hibs. Reading that back that's confusing for me but I Back Lennon, I want him to sign his new deal, I feel we'll be successful under him. I just don't like him as a player or manager. Sure he's lovely in person

Carheenlea
24-08-2017, 11:21 AM
Will take this all on board, appreciate you giving your time to give us so much feedback. And I was being sarcastic about Neil McCann being a better manager than Lennon haha. I love the job Lennon is doing, I love his ambition, his management skills etc. But the way he conducts himself, I never liked him because of this at Celtic, so I'm not going to love him now he's at Hibs. Reading that back that's confusing for me but I Back Lennon, I want him to sign his new deal, I feel we'll be successful under him. I just don't like him as a player or manager. Sure he's lovely in person

I'd hope you just continue to say whatever you feel like saying - positive or negative. If some feel certain podcasters are being overly negative, or are unhappy with certain viewpoints then you'll hear about it soon enough! Hopefully the downbeat episodes will be few and far between.

RoxburghHibs
24-08-2017, 11:59 AM

Totally and good stuff. :top marks

Looking forward to next podcast

Curried
24-08-2017, 01:19 PM
I agreed with alot that was said, but just can’t agree with their position that Celtic winning qualification for CL football is good for Scottish fitba. Sure, all clubs will get a relatively nice financial windfall from this, but the differential for Celtic is massive. With more than £25M they have the financial means to buy up any player with any talent in Scotland, and in effect purchase the Scottish Premier League Championship in advance…. I can’t see where this can benefit fair completion. Moreover, I’m sure in practice it limits the opportunities for young home-grown players to develop in Scotland. Scottish football needs to hit the reset button. There’s been something seriously wrong with player development in Scotland for >20 years and IMHO CL football bungs are a major part of the problem L

NAE NOOKIE
24-08-2017, 04:55 PM
I actually thought the lads on the podcast sounded cheerier than usual :greengrin