PDA

View Full Version : Lennon Contract Extension

22-08-2017, 09:41 PM
Kenny Millar just tweeted this:

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/1456780/hibs-neil-lennon-new-contract/

WhileTheChief..
22-08-2017, 09:44 PM
Brilliant. Never in doubt. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Capt Mainwaring
22-08-2017, 09:45 PM
Be delighted if he's secured on a longer term deal. Born winner 👍

Eaststandee
22-08-2017, 09:47 PM
Great news, gutted I opened a Sun article though.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

22-08-2017, 09:47 PM
That would be good news.

I see it also says we've sold 13K season tickets.

Lago
22-08-2017, 09:48 PM
This happening would be a real sign that there has been a seismic change at Easter Road.

Sir David Gray
22-08-2017, 09:52 PM
I would be happy if this happens although I'm still looking to see further improvements in the team. I do think Lennon can be the man to drive us on to the next level and have us competing with the likes of Aberdeen and Sevco at the top end of the Premiership.

GreenOnions
22-08-2017, 09:58 PM
This is really encouraging news :agree:

3pm
22-08-2017, 10:02 PM
Unsure.

poolman
22-08-2017, 10:05 PM
Unsure.

I'm with you

Why can't we appoint a 31 year old manager who's never played the game 😶

Hibbyradge
22-08-2017, 10:05 PM
Locked in talks.

That's the kind of cliche we've been crying out for.

theonlywayisup
22-08-2017, 10:06 PM
Don't want to click on that website - can anyone who has paste it here?

3pm
22-08-2017, 10:07 PM
I'm with you

Top bants.

MyJo
22-08-2017, 10:33 PM
Don't want to click on that website - can anyone who has paste it here?

HIBS are locked in talks with Neil Lennon to tie him down at Easter Road until at least 2020.

SunSport understands former Celtic boss Lennon is prepared to commit his future to the club after 14 months in charge

But he wants assurances the board’s ambition will continue to match his.

Lennon, 46, is in a strong position for improved terms too after comfortably winning the Championship at the first time of asking.

He has also won two of three Premiership games and secured a Betfred Cup last-eight tie against Livingston.

Lennon’s current contract runs until the end of this season.

He recently told SunSport he was happy at the club and appreciated the backing he’d been given to strengthen the squad.

Hibs have been well rewarded for their swoop for the Northern Irishman in June, 2016, to replace Scottish Cup winning manager Alan Stubbs.

Success on the field has been matched off it as fans snapped up 13,000 season tickets.

Lennon is determined to make Hibs a top-four force and silverware contenders.

This summer has seen him bring in experienced and young talent in Efe Ambrose, Steven Whittaker, Anthony Stokes, Ofir Marciano, Vykintas Slivka, Simon Murray, Danny Swanson and loan winger Brandon Barker.

Negotiations for an extended deal have been on-going for several weeks and it’s believed both sides are hopeful of announcing an agreement soon.

Meanwhile, Ofir Marciano has admitted Hamilton wanted the win more than Hibs on Saturday.

However, the Israel international vowed it will NOT happen again.

Towering goalkeeper Marciano was forced to pick the ball out of his net three times as Accies ran riot.

He said: “I think we failed on the attitude and the approach. What got us this far is our great attitude this season.

“There will be tough games like that during the season — and we need to want it more.

“For this group of players and for our fans, we need to be better. We are going to prepare well for the next match and I’m sure things will look very different.”

Carheenlea
22-08-2017, 10:54 PM
Neil Lennon and Hibs just feels like a good fit. The very thought a couple of years ago would have been laughed out the room, but right now? it feels just right.

neil7908
22-08-2017, 10:54 PM
Fingers crossed this all gets tied up soon

Sir David Gray
22-08-2017, 10:59 PM
Neil Lennon and Hibs just feels like a good fit. The very thought a couple of years ago would have been laughed out the room, but right now? it feels just right.

There was a time, not that long ago, where I would have balked at the thought of Neil Lennon being the Hibs manager, I really couldn't stand him.

I think he's been good for us so far though (and vice versa to be honest) and I'm looking forward to seeing how this team evolves. We had a setback at the weekend so it will be interesting to see how a Neil Lennon Hibs side reacts to that on Sunday and how strong we can become this year.

Col2
22-08-2017, 11:21 PM
13000 season tickets referenced.

Must have missed that. Is that official? If so then that's brilliant.

Johnny Clash
22-08-2017, 11:40 PM
The main reason I shouted abuse at Lennon when he was with Celtc was because he was annoyingly effective for that team. He fought for the jersey and took no prisoners. He was also a character who stood out in a sea of blandness. Characters like that we love to hate but it's really a back handed compliment.

So from the minute it was muted he was being considered for manager of Hibs it was a no brainer as far as I was concerned. To get someone of that calibre was unreal and completely scrubbed away the disappointment of Stubbsy deciding to leave Hibs for Rotherham.

Hope we hang on to Lenny for as long as possible. The guy's a winner and totally gets Hibs.

SirDavidsNapper
23-08-2017, 12:38 AM
Good. A football club need a consistent management team. Look at Aberdeen and St Johnstone.

RIP Bestie
23-08-2017, 03:15 AM
I'm with you

Any need to be be so disrespectful to someone who is giving an opinion?
i agree that the guy might have been best to add a reason to his post but he was only giving his opinion.
i agree with him to an extent but would like to u derstand his reasons more.
Mine are that I would prefer a manager who can conduct himself with dignity and humility in the face of adversity and who would put the club first in every situation.
I understand the bile and unacceptable behaviour that is aimed at Lennon, and I would like to see him rise above this and lead by example.
i wonder what the feeling would be if one of our less gifted and less popular players where to do something "silly",or that they were aware that could be deemed controversial, that ultimately cost us the game. The excuse being "well that's how the gaffer would have reacted".

RIP Bestie
23-08-2017, 03:20 AM
The main reason I shouted abuse at Lennon when he was with Celtc was because he was annoyingly effective for that team. He fought for the jersey and took no prisoners. He was also a character who stood out in a sea of blandness. Characters like that we love to hate but it's really a back handed compliment.

So from the minute it was muted he was being considered for manager of Hibs it was a no brainer as far as I was concerned. To get someone of that calibre was unreal and completely scrubbed away the disappointment of Stubbsy deciding to leave Hibs for Rotherham.

Hope we hang on to Lenny for as long as possible. The guy's a winner and totally gets Hibs.

Lets see if he cups his ears and gives it the GIRUY if wee manage to score or get nil nil at Darkheid. If he does I will doff my cap. I very much doubt that I will need to take a cap with me. That is not a slight on the ability of the players. I envisage him applauding the four corners of the stadium, just wonder which corner he will start it and what will mean the most.

SirDavidsNapper
23-08-2017, 04:11 AM
Lets see if he cups his ears and gives it the GIRUY if wee manage to score or get nil nil at Darkheid. If he does I will doff my cap. I very much doubt that I will need to take a cap with me. That is not a slight on the ability of the players. I envisage him applauding the four corners of the stadium, just wonder which corner he will start it and what will mean the most.

He's a Celtic legend and it will be his first time going back there as a manager since he left so he's going to get a great reception from them. I personally don't mind if he gives them a wee wave as long as he has his players bursting a gut for us and he will.

Onion
23-08-2017, 04:57 AM
Great news, if it comes off. Would love to know how far he thinks he can take Hibs and what he thinks it will take (signing wise) to get there.

23-08-2017, 05:00 AM

In your posts you’ve had a go at Lennon for two hypothetical situations. Bizarre. You may have a point if a player gets sent off for imitating Lennon or he does a lap of honour at Parkhead. I doubt either will happen to be honest.

You’d be as well criticising him for starting WW3.

Jones28
23-08-2017, 05:57 AM
But jambos told me he hated it here and was going to go to Aston Villa?

Thecat23
23-08-2017, 06:03 AM
Unsure.

Really?

In what way, surely getting us up so close to winning the SC Semi after being 0-2 down. Attracting players of real quality as well. Still few things need tweaked but Hibs for me have one of the best managers we can afford. I think when NL leaves it will be a sore one for us.

BoomtownHibees
23-08-2017, 06:15 AM

He's not going to get 90 minutes of abuse when we play Celtc though is he?

lord bunberry
23-08-2017, 06:26 AM
Exactly, he won't be subjected to sectarian abuse from the minute he arrives at the stadium.

Keith_M
23-08-2017, 06:44 AM

:agree:

Yep, I think anybody criticising his gesture to the The Rangers Fans is completely missing the context in which it was done.

Imagine if we had a black manager and he'd been subjected to racist abuse for 90 minutes and ask yourself if he should have just laughed it off

TiaMaria
23-08-2017, 06:48 AM

This is my feelings exactly.

JimBHibees
23-08-2017, 07:03 AM

Huge trolling.

The Sundance Kid
23-08-2017, 07:11 AM

So, if I can change this hypothetical scenario, if Alan Stubbs were to return to manage in Scotland at let's say a Dundee club. He goes to Tynecastle, is abused for 90 minutes by the home fans and celebrates by turning round and cupping his ears to them. Would you expect him to celebrate exactly the same way at Easter Road despite being given a relatively warm reception by the home crowd?

Callyballybe
23-08-2017, 07:20 AM

Not comparable situations in the slightest. Something tells me he won't be subjected to the same racist and sectarian bile from the home support as he was at Ibrox, which I'd hazard a guess and say is why Lennon reacted the way he did.

sleeping giant
23-08-2017, 07:22 AM
So, if I can change this hypothetical scenario, if Alan Stubbs were to return to manage in Scotland at let's say a Dundee club. He goes to Tynecastle, is abused for 90 minutes by the home fans and celebrates by turning round and cupping his ears to them. Would you expect him to celebrate exactly the same way at Easter Road despite being given a relatively warm reception by the home crowd?

I was just about to post the exact same comment.

I agree :greengrin

Thecat23
23-08-2017, 07:25 AM

Well considering he won't be under 90 mins of constant abuse I don't see any need he'd want too. You really come across a bitter man at times on here.

Thecat23
23-08-2017, 07:27 AM

No point explaining he's clearly made up his mind on Lennon. Some folk just love to go out there way to criticise.

Firestarter
23-08-2017, 07:32 AM
Get it done Hibs. Getting it done and dusted is a big part on the stability of the club at the moment.

Mainstandman
23-08-2017, 07:36 AM
Great news, gutted I opened a Sun article though.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Feel the same

neil7908
23-08-2017, 07:51 AM

Presumably you'll be also be upset if in the same game Leigh applauds the Hibs fans or say scores a goal but refuses to celebrate?

Borderhibbie76
23-08-2017, 08:34 AM
I'm with you

Why can't we appoint a 31 year old manager who's never played the game [emoji55]Or we could shortlist 5 for his replacement then watch them all drop out the race 1 by 1??

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Borderhibbie76
23-08-2017, 08:37 AM
Lets see if he cups his ears and gives it the GIRUY if wee manage to score or get nil nil at Darkheid. If he does I will doff my cap. I very much doubt that I will need to take a cap with me. That is not a slight on the ability of the players. I envisage him applauding the four corners of the stadium, just wonder which corner he will start it and what will mean the most.What a load of nonsense...and if Sir Stubbsy brings a team back to ER in future would u expect him to applaud us with affection?? Of course you would

McIntosh
23-08-2017, 09:00 AM
I despair with some on this thread, Lennon has brought a self belief, a desire and a determination which in general delivers. I had the good fortune to meet him many years ago and he was an intelligent, charming and generous human being. An extended contract completely in order.

Sean1875
23-08-2017, 09:18 AM
Presumably you'll be also be upset if in the same game Leigh applauds the Hibs fans or say scores a goal but refuses to celebrate?

Was literally just about to post the exact same. As others have said, NL is a Celtc legend to many so don't have a problem with him getting a warm reception and giving one back at Parkhead - the guys nothing but a winner and he will be going all out to beat Celtc regardless.

One Day Soon
23-08-2017, 09:42 AM
Lennon is everything we needed and need.

He's hard-edged, combative, a winner, takes no crap from anyone and has clearly developed an affection for the club and supporters.

He's the kind of guy that the opposition loathe but who is a first pick to have on your side. To go through the crap of various sorts that he has and still keep coming back for more means there's a fire inside him.

Hibernian will never be a soft touch on or off the park while he's in charge and I've waited a long, long time to be able to say that about a Hibs manager.

JimBHibees
23-08-2017, 09:45 AM

He's hard-edged, combative, a winner, takes no crap from anyone and has clearly developed an affection for the club and supporters.

He's the kind of guy that the opposition loathe but who is a first pick to have on your side. To go through the crap of various sorts that he has and still keep coming back for more means there's a fire inside him.

Hibernian will never be a soft touch on or off the park while he's in charge and I've waited a long, long time to be able to say that about a Hibs manager.

Couldnt agree more great post.

hughio
23-08-2017, 09:51 AM

With you there ODS:agree:

Give him what he wants Leanne.
its a good deal for Hibernian FC whatever it costs IMO.

J-C
23-08-2017, 09:52 AM
Glad to see the board trying to get this done now, wasn't sure about Lennon at first but he's won me round, strong character and a winner, he's only half way doing his job here.

Elephant Stone
23-08-2017, 10:02 AM

The Celtic fans are always sending him bombs so I imagine he would.

Hibbyradge
23-08-2017, 10:57 AM
i wonder what the feeling would be if one of our less gifted and less popular players where to do something "silly",or that they were aware that could be deemed controversial, that ultimately cost us the game.

So you're now blaming Neil Lennon for one of our less popular players doing something controversial, which they haven't, and costing us a game, which it hasn't.

You don't like Neil Lennon, that's obvious, and that's your perogative.

Why you dislike him to the extent you make things up in order to justify your dislike, is another matter.

broondog
23-08-2017, 11:01 AM

People need to get over what happened at Ibrox regarding NL.I am sure he has learned from his mistake and it won´t happen again. the abuse he gets there is incomparable to what he would receive at parkhead so the two situations aren´t the same though. however I do think it was a huge distraction in the build up to the Hamilton match and I think it had an impact on the performance in that match. I still think he is the right man for the job 100% and he brings a passion and enthusiasm we have lacked for a while. for that reason alone he should be retained for as long as possible. if he is able to cut out the stupid behaviour like we witnessed I think we will see even greater success at ER

hibsbollah
23-08-2017, 11:09 AM
He's emphatically won me round. Contract extension please.

bingo70
23-08-2017, 11:16 AM
He's won me round and I really like him but don't really see the urgency to renew his contract at this stage?

Why not give it a few months to see how we're doing in this league?

If another big club comes in for him he wants to go to he'd still go regardless of the contract situation, only potential benefit would be a bit extra compensation but for some reason management compensation figures always seem pretty low anyway regardless of the contract.

Just to stress though, this isn't a negative post about Lennon, I like him, I just don't see why now.

Unless another club is showing interest in him and we're trying to convince him to turn them down.

1van Sprou7e
23-08-2017, 11:29 AM
He's won me round and I really like him but don't really see the urgency to renew his contract at this stage?

Why not give it a few months to see how we're doing in this league?

If another big club comes in for him he wants to go to he'd still go regardless of the contract situation, only potential benefit would be a bit extra compensation but for some reason management compensation figures always seem pretty low anyway regardless of the contract.

Just to stress though, this isn't a negative post about Lennon, I like him, I just don't see why now.

Unless another club is showing interest in him and we're trying to convince him to turn them down.

I mean, just because it's not urgent doesn't mean it's not a good idea

3pm
23-08-2017, 12:01 PM
Really?

In what way, surely getting us up so close to winning the SC Semi after being 0-2 down. Attracting players of real quality as well. Still few things need tweaked but Hibs for me have one of the best managers we can afford. I think when NL leaves it will be a sore one for us.

You could argue that his team selection that day also contributed to that. McGinn, McGregor and Marciano certainly never helped him on the day though.

It's not that I dislike him as a person (based on perception), I am pleased there is someone there who wants them to get better and has a really strong mentality. He evidently has good contacts and we've made some good signings.

However, I am not sure the performances last year, and there are exceptions, convinced me greatly and that's why I have my doubts. The idea that last year was some major improvement on Stubbs is a myth in my opinion....he got a point more in an arguably a weaker league. Yes, we lost fewer games than the season before but we also won less. It depends on how you look at this.

Saturday was a setback. He spoke about sensing complacency in the run up to the game and the result / performance suggests that wasn't dealt with properly but on this point, I don't attend training so I don't know what's been discussed prior to the game. The 1st half was poor enough and I expected to see a reaction in the 2nd half yet we somehow managed to get worse. We went 1-0 down and there was still no reaction so I am looking at the manager for it to improve. The reaction on Sunday will be interesting because as it stands, it's one game this season where we have been below par and I do remember that.

I am not disputing he is a competent manager but I am not sure he's as good as is portrayed. Consequently, I don't know if I'd personally be in a rush to extend. I do accept the point that has been made in the thread about continuity though.

Typed this in a rush so hopefully it makes sense! :greengrin

Tobias Funke
23-08-2017, 12:08 PM
Top bants.

Chronic comeback. Please liquidate yourself.

3pm
23-08-2017, 12:13 PM
Chronic comeback. Please liquidate yourself.

😂

Super_JMcGinn
23-08-2017, 12:30 PM
You could argue that his team selection that day also contributed to that. McGinn, McGregor and Marciano certainly never helped him on the day though.

It's not that I dislike him as a person (based on perception), I am pleased there is someone there who wants them to get better and has a really strong mentality. He evidently has good contacts and we've made some good signings.

However, I am not sure the performances last year, and there are exceptions, convinced me greatly and that's why I have my doubts. The idea that last year was some major improvement on Stubbs is a myth in my opinion....he got a point more in an arguably a weaker league. Yes, we lost fewer games than the season before but we also won less. It depends on how you look at this.

Saturday was a setback. He spoke about sensing complacency in the run up to the game and the result / performance suggests that wasn't dealt with properly but on this point, I don't attend training so I don't know what's been discussed prior to the game. The 1st half was poor enough and I expected to see a reaction in the 2nd half yet we somehow managed to get worse. We went 1-0 down and there was still no reaction so I am looking at the manager for it to improve. The reaction on Sunday will be interesting because as it stands, it's one game this season where we have been below par and I do remember that.

I am not disputing he is a competent manager but I am not sure he's as good as is portrayed. Consequently, I don't know if I'd personally be in a rush to extend. I do accept the point that has been made in the thread about continuity though.

That'll be way too sensible an explanation for some.

1van Sprou7e
23-08-2017, 12:33 PM

I don't think many people would say that last year's performances were a huge improvement, in fact I'm not sure there was any improvement at all however I do think Lennon purposefully used as little budget as possible last year (the benefits of this clearly showed during this transfer window) and still managed win the league with a bit to spare

I can understand your uncertainty as it's only 3 games into the season and we've just given one of our worst performances for many a year but despite that I still think there has been a massive improvement in the quality of our team this season.

Hopefully the Hamilton game is forgotten about quickly and we go back to putting in dominant and solid performances. If this is the case I reckon extending his contract will look like a no-brainer in 2 or 3 months

Hibbyradge
23-08-2017, 12:43 PM
I mean, just because it's not urgent doesn't mean it's not a good idea

Continuity is a priority for the board.

Extending his contract now eliminates doubt/increases certainty.

The great thing for supporters, apart from Lennon staying, is the fact that he will have gained assurances that he will be fully backed, albeit according to our means.

ancient hibee
23-08-2017, 12:43 PM
What last season showed is that we have a number of players who can't handle the pressure of being favourites and having to win.Lennon is trying to rectify this by bringing in winners.Hamilton showed there is still a fair way to go.

1van Sprou7e
23-08-2017, 12:47 PM
What last season showed is that we have a number of players who can't handle the pressure of being favourites and having to win.Lennon is trying to rectify this by bringing in winners.Hamilton showed there is still a fair way to go.

What players do you think this applies to?

Weir07
23-08-2017, 01:08 PM

An excellent post, think Lennon has done good job in getting us promoted and did well in some key games last year, the last two games against Dundee Utd, pretty much all the games against Falkirk and obviously the Derby at Easter Road but there were some less than impressive performances too. On the plus side, the recruitment has been fantastic this season and we genuinely look like a top six side, which we haven't been able to say for many a year. However I would like to see how we progress in the top division for half a season at least, before making judgments on a new deal. Think Lennon does thrive in adversity and loves to have a bunker mentality, which can be a strength but if it becomes too much about him (Jim Duffy fracas and Ibrox conduct) it will have a detrimental affect on the team.

Islington Hibs
23-08-2017, 01:36 PM

Very good and balance post.

Last season was pretty turgid and saved by some very good results notably against Hearts and a few other cup matches, but the league form was not brilliant despite ultimately winning the league easily. This season we (me included) got carried away by some great signings and a good start, albeit against the Rangers the margins were fine. Great after 20 mins - could have been 2-0 down very easily with little way back. lets put last Saturday down to a one off but the next few weeks will be critical.

For me the jury is out. Happy enough if he signs an extension. He clearly has good contacts and is committed but absolutely hope he is the real deal just think a bit more evidence is required before shouting from the roof-tops.

Hibbyradge
23-08-2017, 01:38 PM
If the contract extension had hit the papers after the Rangers game, the reluctance from fans would have been minimal.

One game later . . .

wookie70
23-08-2017, 01:48 PM

I am of similar mind. When it was announced I was not sure if it was a good move because his record never told me what he would be like. I wasn't sure about his conduct and am still the same but that isn't a great concern. Results since he came have been ok and he did achieve his goal last year but it was a shaky ride at times. This season has started well but we were very complacent on Saturday and it is hard to guess where we will end up this year. Last year's signings poor, this year's look far better on paper but will they be on grass.

Last year my thought was he was doing a decent job, my view hasn't changed but I think I am growing more confident that he can improve us and that he will exceed what is expected. A year hear deal is a big commitment for the club though and I think I would want a few more fixtures to pass before that offer is made.

Smartie
23-08-2017, 02:02 PM
I am of similar mind. When it was announced I was not sure if it was a good move because his record never told me what he would be like. I wasn't sure about his conduct and am still the same but that isn't a great concern. Results since he came have been ok and he did achieve his goal last year but it was a shaky ride at times. This season has started well but we were very complacent on Saturday and it is hard to guess where we will end up this year. Last year's signings poor, this year's look far better on paper but will they be on grass.

Last year my thought was he was doing a decent job, my view hasn't changed but I think I am growing more confident that he can improve us and that he will exceed what is expected. A year hear deal is a big commitment for the club though and I think I would want a few more fixtures to pass before that offer is made.

Last year he got the job done, that was all that mattered.

It is early, but so far this season the signs are very good indeed.

Saturday was garbage, but even the best of Hibs teams have had off days. I remain confident (rather than hopeful) that Saturday was an off day.

It appears that Lennon has put together a talented squad, with strength in depth and we have already put in some excellent performances this season. We're a home game against Livingston away from being in the semi finals of one cup, and we have started the league well.

In the past we've managed to finish 4th in spite of having collapses lasting nearly half a season. We are going to have poor performances and results from time to time yet still remain on target. We're not trying to go toe to toe with Celtic yet.

I'm 100% behind Lennon. I think he's great and he won me over very early on. Even though we've had some questionable spells of results since then, I've never doubted that he's a superb (if not perfect) manager who we are lucky to have.

If we can extend his contract then great. I don't really get the urgency, I think we should just enjoy the football for now. Hopefully Lennon himself is happy, that he sees the squad taking shape the way he hoped it would and that he sees his personal ambitions being matched at Easter Road.

Reaper
23-08-2017, 02:12 PM

Im very much on the fence with a lot of what gets said about Lennon. Football is a lot about opinions and obviously the hierarchy who deal with Lennon at close quarters feel he is worthy of a new deal and taking the club in the direction they want. Given that the current hierarchy are the most competent and professional we've had for a very very long time then their decision is good enough for me.

In terms of last season, I disagree it wasn't a vast improvement. We got promoted. Something we failed to do the two previous seasons. I understand what you are saying in terms of performances but last season was a means to an end for the club. Lennon even admitted it would not be pretty at times when he was appointed. Job done as far as I'm concerned.

This season, Saturday aside, the football has been far better and more akin with the Hibs culture so I have no worries on that front. What Saturday did prove is that 'off' days in this league will be punished more severely than what we've recently experienced.

Alan Stubbs is a legend. No doubt and we all know why. I do feel at times though the Cup win sugar coats his two league seasons. I admit the football was great at times but plain and simple he never won promotion which was his brief.

We have been spoiled as a support with the last two managerial appointments and how refreshing that our differing opinions are all based around success stories as opposed to duds and following seasons of mediocrity.

I welcome Lennon getting an extension. I feel he's developing the club and the team bringing a winning mentality. He's approached it well, recognising that improving a good stable foundation that Stubbs left rather than rip it down and start again. He gets big results and will continue to do so. He's trying to eradicate the lapses like Saturday but they are becoming less and less.

I would like him to reign in the reactions and mature himself but the most recent episode was in the face of severe provocation and vulgarity and would have tested the most patient of us.

All in in all I think we're in good hands and I'm looking forward to the next step in the Journey.

Bostonhibby
23-08-2017, 02:14 PM

Hope we hang on to Lenny for as long as possible. The guy's a winner and totally gets Hibs.[emoji106] this.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Smartie
23-08-2017, 02:25 PM

This is one thing I'd maybe take issue with.

I don't think there's a great spiritual connection between Hibs and Lennon. I don't think he "gets us" in the way that other players/ managers who have been lifelong fans do.

He's a Celtic man, that's the club he has an emotional connection to and that is fine.

I just think he's the consummate professional, he's 100% dedicated to whichever club it happens to be that he's with at that time. His drive, determination and passion are absolute and I don't think it would matter whether it was us, Killie or Cowdenbeath - that's just the way he is.

In some ways though, I think he "gets us" better than we get ourselves. He spoke early on about our boyband style and I'd love to know what he thinks of our flair delusion. We've needed him to come in with his aggressive, direct approach for years and I welcome the view from outside.

I think Lennon will be happy at any club where he is winning and doing well. I don't think there is any great emotional connection with him though - and I'm perfectly happy with that.

In fact, it might even prove to be a strength.

1van Sprou7e
23-08-2017, 02:32 PM
This is one thing I'd maybe take issue with.

I don't think there's a great spiritual connection between Hibs and Lennon. I don't think he "gets us" in the way that other players/ managers who have been lifelong fans do.

He's a Celtic man, that's the club he has an emotional connection to and that is fine.

I just think he's the consummate professional, he's 100% dedicated to whichever club it happens to be that he's with at that time. His drive, determination and passion are absolute and I don't think it would matter whether it was us, Killie or Cowdenbeath - that's just the way he is.

In some ways though, I think he "gets us" better than we get ourselves. He spoke early on about our boyband style and I'd love to know what he thinks of our flair delusion. We've needed him to come in with his aggressive, direct approach for years and I welcome the view from outside.

I think Lennon will be happy at any club where he is winning and doing well. I don't think there is any great emotional connection with him though - and I'm perfectly happy with that.

In fact, it might even prove to be a strength.

After the final game of last season he said the club had gotten under his skin. It's clear he feels some sort of emotional connection with Hibs even if some of our fans don't quite feel the same way about him

WhileTheChief..
23-08-2017, 02:44 PM
Folk are bringing up the Ibrox and Duffy 'incidents' as negatives.

I see these things as the complete opposite. No way his behaviour at Ibrox will have had a detrimental effect on the team - the players will love it. They know that they have a manager who has their backs and will stand up for them against anything. Same with the way he stood up for McGregor and co. against Morton.

That's a huge, massive positive.

I also think that he absolutely 'gets Hibs' and has an emotional connection to us now that he maybe didn't expect. You only have to watch his interviews to realise this.

For me, it's a no brainer to try and get him tied down for as long as possible.

I can't think of anyone I'd rather have in the dugout right now. I mean anyone. He's perfect for us.

JimBHibees
23-08-2017, 03:02 PM
Folk are bringing up the Ibrox and Duffy 'incidents' as negatives.

I see these things as the complete opposite. No way his behaviour at Ibrox will have had a detrimental effect on the team - the players will love it. They know that they have a manager who has their backs and will stand up for them against anything. Same with the way he stood up for McGregor and co. against Morton.

That's a huge, massive positive.

I also think that he absolutely 'gets Hibs' and has an emotional connection to us now that he maybe didn't expect. You only have to watch his interviews to realise this.

For me, it's a no brainer to try and get him tied down for as long as possible.

I can't think of anyone I'd rather have in the dugout right now. I mean anyone. He's perfect for us.

Tend to agree not sure he done much wrong re Duffy as it was the Morton bench who were by far the aggressors in that incident and he and the players then did what any decent team would do and stand up for themselves. The Rangers one again was him standing up for himself and while it may have gone a little far with the arm gesture I think you would have to be a saint not to react in some way if you are getting dogs abuse from the moment he got off the bus.

Thecat23
23-08-2017, 03:44 PM

I can get what why you have doubts but Lennon did say it was simply about winning the league last season. Said performances would be different this season with teams coming at us more.

Until the Hamilton game he was spot on. Sadly we had an off day and one we must put behind us. Think a lot of folk maybe have waited on this crash so to speak (not you btw) so they can get in there with the anti lennon stuff. Not many prob couple of Jambos actually.

I think some are still cautious and nothing at all wrong with that. Just think NL so far has delivered promotion. Has delivered quality and has delivered a winning mentally. Sadly we can't and won't win all the games what we must ensure is we don't lose at home like that again.

givescotlandfreedom
23-08-2017, 03:51 PM
I think we'd be mad not to try to extend Neil Lennon's contract. Sure we've had a grim result and performance but if anyone can find a manager who wouldn't have that at this club then there's no danger he'd be looking to come to a club like ours. We'd really miss Lennon if he was gone.

shetlandhibee
23-08-2017, 04:15 PM
If the contract extension had hit the papers after the Rangers game, the reluctance from fans would have been minimal.

One game later . . .
this ----100%:agree:

JimBHibees
23-08-2017, 04:55 PM
I can get what why you have doubts but Lennon did say it was simply about winning the league last season. Said performances would be different this season with teams coming at us more.

Until the Hamilton game he was spot on. Sadly we had an off day and one we must put behind us. Think a lot of folk maybe have waited on this crash so to speak (not you btw) so they can get in there with the anti lennon stuff. Not many prob couple of Jambos actually.

I think some are still cautious and nothing at all wrong with that. Just think NL so far has delivered promotion. Has delivered quality and has delivered a winning mentally. Sadly we can't and won't win all the games what we must ensure is we don't lose at home like that again.

Agree what you can say about the performance is that he was let down by two horrific individual errors for the first 2 goals. He also won the league last year while saving a bit to spend for this league IMO as shown by the transfer dealings in the summer. Hamilton arent a bad team and beat Dundee 3-0 the week before and their midfield dominated ours it happens, move on to the next game.

heidtheba
23-08-2017, 05:04 PM
:agree:

Yep, I think anybody criticising his gesture to the The Rangers Fans is completely missing the context in which it was done.

Imagine if we had a black manager and he'd been subjected to racist abuse for 90 minutes and askyourself if he should have just laughed it off

Absolutely.
I'm very much in the 'I'd have preferred our manager to act with more dignity' camp BUT I can't blame him and I'm sure I'd have almost certainly done the same as he did. The thing that worries me most is exactly the point you made. If that had been the case then the media and the BBC would have been all over the racist angle. Quite rightly. But there seems to be an acceptance of Sectarianism as mere football 'banter' that revolts me.

Andy74
23-08-2017, 05:11 PM
I think we'd be mad not to try to extend Neil Lennon's contract. Sure we've had a grim result and performance but if anyone can find a manager who wouldn't have that at this club then there's no danger he'd be looking to come to a club like ours. We'd really miss Lennon if he was gone.

Correct - do we think any alternative would have us as unbeatable?!

Let's enjoy Lennon whilst is he is here, for as long as possible hopefully - he has added a mentality at Hibs that has been sadly lacking for a long, long time.

The Falcon
23-08-2017, 05:16 PM

One game later . . .

That's football...........that's Hibs............

Hibbyradge
23-08-2017, 05:17 PM
Having been subjected to the most personal, vile and aggressive insults and threats from literally the minute Neil Lennon stepped off the team but, he reacted, once, by cupping his ears and giving a GIRUY gesture when Hibs equalised. Now some people want rid of him as a result.

Those people must be impervious to provocation themselves and be able to demonstrate the highest self control under the most testing of circumstances. I'm very impressed.

Either that or they're bigots, and/or yams.

Iain G
23-08-2017, 05:19 PM
Agree what you can say about the performance is that he was let down by two horrific individual errors for the first 2 goals. He also won the league last year while saving a bit to spend for this league IMO as shown by the transfer dealings in the summer. Hamilton arent a bad team and beat Dundee 3-0 the week before and their midfield dominated ours it happens, move on to the next game.

Lets call it an off day and hope they are few and far between this season. However I'm concerned he admits to feeling this drop off was coming based on what he saw at training the week previous to the game but didn't manage to arrest the drop in performance. Maybe we clock it up as an off day and move on to Dens Park and hope for a good, positive reaction.

Nicho87
23-08-2017, 05:24 PM
Lennon out haha

Smartie
23-08-2017, 05:26 PM
Lets call it an off day and hope they are few and far between this season. However I'm concerned he admits to feeling this drop off was coming based on what he saw at training the week previous to the game but didn't manage to arrest the drop in performance. Maybe we clock it up as an off day and move on to Dens Park and hope for a good, positive reaction.

What could he really have done though?

I'm pretty sure any team talk that Lennon gave would have featured stuff about there being no point beating Rangers but losing to Accies, and I'm sure he'd have warned about complacency and the need to stay focussed.

If he'd made multiple changes from the team that beat Rangers, he'd have been crucified.

It was one of those things, it was inevitable it was going to happen at some point.

As it is, he's got some decent ammunition for every team talk he makes this season.

"We don't want our standards to slip the way they did against Accies."

emerald green
23-08-2017, 05:27 PM
Compare Neil Lennon with some previous managers/coaches at ER - the likes of Jim Duffy, Frank Sauzee (sorry Frank - great player, never a manager), Bobby Williamson, Colin Calderwood, Pat Fenlon, Butcher.

Hibbyradge
23-08-2017, 05:36 PM
What could he really have done though?

I'm pretty sure any team talk that Lennon gave would have featured stuff about there being no point beating Rangers but losing to Accies, and I'm sure he'd have warned about complacency and the need to stay focussed.

If he'd made multiple changes from the team that beat Rangers, he'd have been crucified.

It was one of those things, it was inevitable it was going to happen at some point.

As it is, he's got some decent ammunition for every team talk he makes this season.

"We don't want our standards to slip the way they did against Accies."

I understand your point, but I'd be surprised and disappointed in him if he took that approach.

Successful people focus on positives. Thinking about how badly they played in a terrible 1-3 home defeat isn't going to put them in the right frame of mind to conquer future challenges.

Captain Trips
23-08-2017, 05:38 PM
We will lose games in a manner we will not like from now until the end of time. Neil Lennon is a more than a step above the dross we have had in charge some of them there best wasn't good enough.

Neil Lennon will IMO take us as high as we can get.

Thecat23
23-08-2017, 06:19 PM
We will lose games in a manner we will not like from now until the end of time. Neil Lennon is a more than a step above the dross we have had in charge some of them there best wasn't good enough.

Neil Lennon will IMO take us as high as we can get.

That's exactly where I am at. I think he will take us pretty close to as far as any manager may take us. Stubbs got the SC so the pressure if off Neil for that. We may finish much higher though than before. The likes of Calderwood, Fenlon, and Butcher times I hope to forget soon.

Joe6-2
23-08-2017, 06:59 PM
I'm with you

With a laptop 😗

3pm
23-08-2017, 07:08 PM
That's exactly where I am at. I think he will take us pretty close to as far as any manager may take us. Stubbs got the SC so the pressure if off Neil for that. We may finish much higher though than before. The likes of Calderwood, Fenlon, and Butcher times I hope to forget soon.

Time will tell mate.

I'll happily admit I was wrong to have doubts at a later date....it'll mean we are doing well!

h1bs4life
23-08-2017, 07:08 PM
I grew up watching Turnbulls tornados and he was a manager who took no crap from anyone. Since then we have had few decent but lots of useless managers. Before Stubbs we had dross with no backbone. Didn't like Lennon as a player purely for football reasons but would be have been delighted to have in my team.Same when he was Celtic manager but was delighted when was made our manager. He has had to put up with a lot that's has nothing to do with football but doesn't hide. I am enjoying the current attitude that we are Hibs and we take no sh#t of anybody and that has started since Leanne Dempster joined us. Not sure who people think we could get in as manager . Hopefully get new contract sorted soon.

Thecat23
23-08-2017, 07:48 PM
Time will tell mate.

I'll happily admit I was wrong to have doubts at a later date....it'll mean we are doing well!

Don't have to admit anything if Lennon does prove successful bud. You have every right to have your own concerns the good thing is like you say, if he is then we are doing well. 👍🏼

IberianHibernian
23-08-2017, 08:32 PM
I grew up watching Turnbulls tornados and he was a manager who took no crap from anyone. Since then we have had few decent but lots of useless managers. Before Stubbs we had dross with no backbone. Didn't like Lennon as a player purely for football reasons but would be have been delighted to have in my team.Same when he was Celtic manager but was delighted when was made our manager. He has had to put up with a lot that's has nothing to do with football but doesn't hide. I am enjoying the current attitude that we are Hibs and we take no sh#t of anybody and that has started since Leanne Dempster joined us. Not sure who people think we could get in as manager . Hopefully get new contract sorted soon.Folk tend to remember nostalgically times under managers like Turnbull ( though we were relegated with his team in 1980 and he inherited a good team ) or Mowbray ( who since has failed as a manager and also inherited a fantastic group of young players ) and write off all the others as disasters even if they had done well at other clubs or inherited weak squads and had limited chance to sign quality players . With Lennon the same . He did the minimum expected by getting promotion and will be remembered well if he can get us into top 3 or 4 and maybe another cup final but if we finish outside top 6 and fail in cups there will be questions asked . Main thing is that he`s so high profile that signing a new extension would mean a lot of positive press for Hibs which always rubs off on support , sponsorship etc . Would imagine that he`s unlikely to stay till 2020 anyway - if we`re doing well ( 2nd in league and / or another cup this season or next ) he`s bound to get good offers from elsewhere , if we`re struggling ( out of top 4 or even 6 and no cup success ) we`ll be wondering if his high salary is worth it . Would love him to stay for a few more years but reality is that like at all clubs we should assume that we are constantly ready to appoint a new manager .

Niffy
24-08-2017, 06:32 AM
I'd be happy for negotiations to go on for two months in case there are more "hiccups" in the coming weeks. How a team couldn't be motivated to do a first ever 3 wins at start of season ???

Hibbyradge
24-08-2017, 07:20 AM
I'd be happy for negotiations to go on for two months in case there are more "hiccups" in the coming weeks. How a team couldn't be motivated to do a first ever 3 wins at start of season ???

Of course they were motivated to do it, Hamilton were just better on the day.

adhibs
24-08-2017, 07:24 AM
New long term contract please. Well bounce back on Sunday as well, Hamilton was a blip.

Firestarter
24-08-2017, 07:26 AM
Of course they were motivated to do it, Hamilton were just better on the day.

That for me is completely unacceptable.

ian cruise
24-08-2017, 07:31 AM
That for me is completely unacceptable.

Unfortunately for you, that's just football. In a normal season most teams will lose a game they're expected to win. Happens to bigger teams than Hibs all the time.

Firestarter
24-08-2017, 07:39 AM
Unfortunately for you, that's just football. In a normal season most teams will lose a game they're expected to win. Happens to bigger teams than Hibs all the time.

Whilst I agree that we will lose to sides throughout the season, a club the size of Hamilton with the comparison of resources should never come to Easter Road, out play us and be better than us, especially with the comparison of the squads. Just my opinion mind.

where'stheslope
24-08-2017, 08:43 AM
I don't like the tone of the press about getting Neil on a longer contract.

They think teams from down south will be looking at him, and we will get a better pay day if he moves on?

Why don't we sign him up and keep him for the length of contract.

I hate this money talks, we as supporters pay to see our team, not to watch them being sold on for profit!!!!

Since90+2
24-08-2017, 08:47 AM
Unfortunately its just the way that football works , if Lennon is as successful as we want him to be bigger clubs with far bigger budgets will come along and look to take him away. Its a catch 22 as if he is a failure nobody will want him and we could keep him aslong as we like but thats obviously not the aim.

With the exception of about 5 or 6 clubs its the same everywhere else in the footballing world.

Firestarter
24-08-2017, 08:51 AM
I wonder if the contract negotiations are including the length of time Lennon might need off to cover the World Cup?

flash
24-08-2017, 08:54 AM
I wonder if the contract negotiations are including the length of time Lennon might need off to cover the World Cup?

Firestarter alright. You are totally at it on this thread.

Hibbyradge
24-08-2017, 08:56 AM
Whilst I agree that we will lose to sides throughout the season, a club the size of Hamilton with the comparison of resources should never come to Easter Road, out play us and be better than us, especially with the comparison of the squads. Just my opinion mind.

Firstly, I was answering a point about Hibs lacking motivation.

If football was linear and predictable, there would be no point in competition. Why even bother going to Parkhead when, on paper, Celtic are streets ahead of everyone else?

Hamilton were at the top of their game on Saturday. We were not.

Hibs resources mean that we should finish above Hamilton at the end of the season. Individual matches, in any league, are hard to predict.

Hibbyradge
24-08-2017, 08:57 AM
Why don't we sign him up and keep him for the length of contract.

That's impossible to guarantee. Literally, impossible.

MrSmith
24-08-2017, 09:00 AM
Happy to see him get an contract extension! We need a period of stability to lay foundations for future managers to come in and prosper from. We also needed to change our mindset from soft touch to indefatigable! Love that word! We are a changing club and long may it continue :) Re Hamilton though, win some lose some! Bring on the next lot! :flag:

Firestarter
24-08-2017, 09:02 AM
Firestarter alright. You are totally at it on this thread.

At what exactly? Neil will probably be part of the BBC team in Russia and it could be a bit of a block in negotiations going into next season as he came in pretty late after the Euros. I'm not criticising this or anything it may be though.

Firestarter
24-08-2017, 09:03 AM
Firstly, I was answering a point about Hibs lacking motivation.

If football was linear and predictable, there would be no point in competition. Why even bother going to Parkhead when, on paper, Celtic are streets ahead of everyone else?

Hamilton were at the top of their game on Saturday. We were not.

Hibs resources mean that we should finish above Hamilton at the end of the season. Individual matches, in any league, are hard to predict.

Ok, fair enough mate. Largely off topic regardless.

Borderhibbie76
24-08-2017, 09:03 AM
That for me is completely unacceptable.Oh get over it mate ...sick of some posters on here making out we are real Madrid or Barcelona...we will lose matches we should win...its life and it will happen a good few more times this season. If you can't deal with it maturely mate...go and support Celtic who win every week. Coz being a Hibee there will be ups and downs...im pretty sure under Lennon days like Sat will be a lot less frequent...

Borderhibbie76
24-08-2017, 09:04 AM
Firestarter alright. You are totally at it on this thread.[emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]

Firestarter
24-08-2017, 10:34 AM
Oh get over it mate ...sick of some posters on here making out we are real Madrid or Barcelona...we will lose matches we should win...its life and it will happen a good few more times this season. If you can't deal with it maturely mate...go and support Celtic who win every week. Coz being a Hibee there will be ups and downs...im pretty sure under Lennon days like Sat will be a lot less frequent...

:faf:

Blaster
24-08-2017, 10:40 AM

We should never beat the old firm then by your logic

Firestarter
24-08-2017, 11:18 AM
We should never beat the old firm then by your logic

When we beat the old firm comprehensively at their ground do you think the attitude is "och well, it happens time to time, get over it" or will they be raging they lost to an inferior team (not the huns now)?

Still off topic though so I'm out.

1van Sprou7e
24-08-2017, 11:29 AM
When we beat the old firm comprehensively at their ground do you think the attitude is "och well, it happens time to time, get over it" or will they be raging they lost to an inferior team (not the huns now)?

Still off topic though so I'm out.

Even when the huns were good we pumped them at Ibrox a good few times. Of course they would have been raging (like some hibs fans now) but at the same time, it happens

25-08-2017, 01:21 PM
On SSN that Lennon hopes to have new deal done in next 24 hours. Good news.

DarlingtonHibee
25-08-2017, 01:27 PM
On Evening news as well

Fanforlife
25-08-2017, 01:34 PM
Lets see if he cups his ears and gives it the GIRUY if wee manage to score or get nil nil at Darkheid. If he does I will doff my cap. I very much doubt that I will need to take a cap with me. That is not a slight on the ability of the players. I envisage him applauding the four corners of the stadium, just wonder which corner he will start it and what will mean the most.I assume you think celtic fans will be slaughtering him with the same kind of abuse he recieved at Ibroke then?If your not then point your making is kind of silly.😀

Onion
25-08-2017, 01:38 PM
On SSN that Lennon hopes to have new deal done in next 24 hours. Good news.

If so, would be a major statement of intent by the Hibs Board.

Lennon is still an ambitious guy who will not be content to sit among the pack under Celtic and will have got reassurances from Hibs that they can support his ambitions. IMO that would be just as significant as Lennon signing a new deal.

worcesterhibby
25-08-2017, 01:39 PM

Jeez leicester WON THE LEAGUE in the richest league in the world...not one match against Man Utd or Chelsea..THE LEAGUE. THEY WON THE LEAGUE (did I mention they won the league ?)

Teams with lesser resources turn over teams with far better resources all the time, in every league in the world...that's why football is interesting..if it was ONLY about bank balance and best squad there would be no need to play the games.

How come football fans find it so hard to accept that it's just two teams of 11 blokes and sometimes form goes out of the window....no matter who the manager is...no matter who the players are...no matter what badge they have on their shirt.

We have the better squad, we have the better manager..we got beat..dust yourself down and get yourself ready to back the team the week after.

HoboHarry
25-08-2017, 01:42 PM
Jeez leicester WON THE LEAGUE in the richest league in the world...not one match against Man Utd or Chelsea..THE LEAGUE. THEY WON THE LEAGUE (did I mention they won the league ?)

Teams with lesser resources turn over teams with far better resources all the time, in every league in the world...that's why football is interesting..if it was ONLY about bank balance and best squad there would be no need to play the games.

How come football fans find it so hard to accept that it's just two teams of 11 blokes and sometimes form goes out of the window....no matter who the manager is...no matter who the players are...no matter what badge they have on their shirt.

We have the better squad, we have the better manager..we got beat..dust yourself down and get yourself ready to back the team the week after.
He's trolling, don't feed into it. Must be tiresome for him having nothing better to do with his time......

Callyballybe
25-08-2017, 01:45 PM

Here here!

Firestarter
25-08-2017, 01:56 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41052071

Great news and Lennon is very enthusiastic which is good to hear. :aok:

huggie1875
25-08-2017, 05:10 PM
according to the start of the STV news he's signed it :flag:http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/thumbs%20up.gif:flag:

WhileTheChief..
25-08-2017, 05:31 PM
Tremendous news.

Lago
25-08-2017, 06:14 PM
according to the start of the STV news he's signed it :flag:http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/thumbs%20up.gif:flag:
Hopefully for a good number of years:aok:

Firestarter
25-08-2017, 06:53 PM
Perfect. Full concentration on pitch now.

147lothian
25-08-2017, 07:17 PM
Great news, Lennon, is a high profile manager who is able to bring a higher calibre of player to the club than the average run of the mill spl manager that we have been used to. I just hope that Lennon gets a slot in Russia with NI qualifying so that Hibernian get mentioned to a world wide audience Stability is just what we need, Lennon is a good fit for Hibs

25-08-2017, 08:48 PM

Great news, surprised it isn't being reported anywhere else yet.

California-Hibs
25-08-2017, 10:57 PM
Hopefully it's a decent length contract. We're bloody lucky to have him!!

Wakeyhibee
26-08-2017, 01:26 PM
Is this really Hibs???? Usually only need the slightest whiff of success and they're off. Thank you Neil Lennon. Not being negative BTW I think his comments speak volumes for him and his character!!

hibeerealist
26-08-2017, 01:47 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41052071

Great news and Lennon is very enthusiastic which is good to hear. :aok:

MASSIVE statement from our club and will lift everyone!

There's only one Neil Lennon, one Neil Lennon ............

Hamish
28-08-2017, 03:36 PM
https://www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk/fp/brilliant-hibs-boss-celtic-legend-neil-lennon-hailed/

green day
28-08-2017, 04:10 PM
https://www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk/fp/brilliant-hibs-boss-celtic-legend-neil-lennon-hailed/

Its interesting - the "Lennon is a swivel eyed loon" stuff seems to be rubbish. Sure he is as passionate as the next man on the touchline, but he seems very sensible and mature off it.

Straight after the match, both managers were interviewed -

Neil McCann did the "there was contact so it was a penalty" when both Commons and Boyd agreed it was a dive, and McCann also disagreed on the Scott Allan incident - standard Arsene Wenger type "see no evil" type lies.

Lennons interview "yep it was a penalty, Whitty was daft to leave a leg in there" and the Scott Allan incident? "didnt see it so not going to make a big deal about it"

To me, he is very classy and level headed - very happy to have him.

stoneyburn hibs
28-08-2017, 04:17 PM
Great news if he's signed an extension. Great day in fact, the big team get Levein and we've secured Lennon for longer, what's not to like.

Borderhibbie76
29-08-2017, 12:20 PM
Wonder when Hibs will confirm Lennon has signed an extension? Post deadline day perhaps?

SouthMoroccoStu
29-08-2017, 12:27 PM
Wonder when Hibs will confirm Lennon has signed an extension? Post deadline day perhaps?

Him and Henderson both signing together

:wink:

Franck Stanton
29-08-2017, 06:09 PM
Him and Henderson both signing together

:wink:
If only.

29-08-2017, 08:35 PM

I was wondering that too. Maybe he's using it as leverage to make sure the board don't sell McGinn too cheaply.

chrisski33
29-08-2017, 08:37 PM
I dont think McGinns situation will have a bearing on when lennon signs

Jim44
30-08-2017, 05:43 PM

I think it would. If we sold McGinn for a sum, lower than his valuation, I suspect he would not sign an extension.

Bob Box Fish
30-08-2017, 05:53 PM
Lennon should use it as leverage to keep Mcginn or at the least a sizeable chunk of the money to buy more players before signing.

ancient hibee
30-08-2017, 06:47 PM
I think it would. If we sold McGinn for a sum, lower than his valuation, I suspect he would not sign an extension.

It'll have absolutely no effect on his situation.

Viva_Palmeiras
30-08-2017, 06:48 PM

Have to fund Lennons extension somehow ;)

IanM
31-08-2017, 04:52 AM

California-Hibs
31-08-2017, 05:19 AM

Where you hearing this?

SouthMoroccoStu
31-08-2017, 05:24 AM
Where you hearing this?

Actually he saw it.....

Dashing Bob S
31-08-2017, 05:53 AM
Don't know about Lennon, but I got a huge extension at the breakfast table on reading this news. Might have to try and entice the good lady back upstairs.

IanM
31-08-2017, 06:10 AM
Actually he saw it.....

Haha I did.. albeit 'sunsport understands' isn't that credible

HibbySpurs
31-08-2017, 09:58 AM
Where you hearing this?

Reported in Scottish Sun

Viva_Palmeiras
31-08-2017, 08:51 PM
Great news, Lennon, is a high profile manager who is able to bring a higher calibre of player to the club than the average run of the mill spl manager that we have been used to. I just hope that Lennon gets a slot in Russia with NI qualifying so that Hibernian get mentioned to a world wide audience Stability is just what we need, Lennon is a good fit for Hibs

And retain players - persuaded Cummings and hopefully played a part in keeping SJM (not counting my chickens yet!)

hughio
01-09-2017, 12:57 PM
Don't know about Lennon, but I got a huge extension at the breakfast table on reading this news. Might have to try and entice the good lady back upstairs.

Dirty beast!

Love that Nick Lowe song "Switchboard Susan":-

"When I'm with you girl I get an extension,

And I don't mean Arthur Graham Bell's invention!"