View Full Version : Slivka and Matulevicius called up to Lithuania squad

1van Sprou7e
22-08-2017, 02:43 PM
http://lff.lt/news/4105/rinktines-sudetyje-naujokas-ir-keli-sugriztantys/

NthCarolinaHibs
22-08-2017, 04:19 PM
Well done to both players, from Edinburgh Hibernian..💚🇮🇪

22-08-2017, 07:18 PM
We could potentially have 4 players on the pitch in one international match, I wonder when that last happened.

Onceinawhile
22-08-2017, 07:19 PM
We could potentially have 4 players on the pitch in one international match, I wonder when that last happened.

Nah. Sjm won't get near the pitch.

Sir David Gray
22-08-2017, 10:32 PM

I wouldn't have thought that McGinn or Whittaker would have any chance of actually getting on to the pitch.

monktonharp
22-08-2017, 10:44 PM
We could potentially have 4 players on the pitch in one international match, I wonder when that last happened.:agree:very pleasing, added to the fact that we also have an established Irish international,an Isareali international , and any others on the books at Hfc? I happen to think that Mc Ginn will get game time btw.

Billy Whizz
22-08-2017, 10:46 PM
:agree:very pleasing, added to the fact that we also have an established Irish international,an Isareali international , and any others on the books at Hfc? I happen to think that Mc Ginn will get game time btw.

Against Malta I think

MyJo
22-08-2017, 10:57 PM
:agree:very pleasing, added to the fact that we also have an established Irish international,an Isareali international , and any others on the books at Hfc? I happen to think that Mc Ginn will get game time btw.

Ambrose is a Nigerian international
Porteous and Shaw have been called up by scotland u-19's
Hanlon, Gray, Stevenson & McGeouch have played for Scotland at u-21 level while Barker & Fontaine have played for England at U-20 level.

neil7908
22-08-2017, 10:57 PM
Great news, the number of internationals in the squad is incredible. Just hoping we don't suffer any injuries.

Slivka in particular has looked very classy but to be fair Matulevičius has a goal against Ayr and set up Stokes on Saturday which is pretty impressive given how little game time he's had.

heretoday
23-08-2017, 06:42 AM
They're a bit like our Norwegian pair Refvik and Mathisen who appeared in the 70s.
Well, a wee bit like them.

Keith_M
23-08-2017, 06:47 AM
They're a bit like our Norwegian pair Refvik and Mathisen who appeared in the 70s.
Well, a wee bit like them.

Except for the fact that the SFA are actually accommodating to our Lithuanian players, unlike the Norwegians.

Not that I hang on to a grudge for too long...

oneone73
23-08-2017, 06:52 AM

A Nigerian international.

lyonhibs
23-08-2017, 07:48 AM
Who's our established Irish international?? Stokes has 9 caps and last played for them in 2014?

Great strength and depth in the squad though. Hope all involved do well and stay injury free when international weekend rolls around.