PDA

View Full Version : Billy Davies tells hearts like it is!!

Hibby soldier
22-08-2017, 01:10 PM
http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/billy-davies-withdraws-from-race-for-hearts-job-amid-structure-concerns-1-4538952

G B Young
22-08-2017, 01:14 PM
Cracking stuff from Billy!

Cue kickback mayhem!

Billy Whizz
22-08-2017, 01:18 PM

Cue kickback mayhem!

Thanks🤣

HFCdeb
22-08-2017, 01:23 PM
😂😂😂😂😂

neil7908
22-08-2017, 01:25 PM
Director of football roles are used extensively in Europe and can be effective. But not with Craig Levein in charge!

keep the faith
22-08-2017, 01:27 PM
What's wrong with the passing of paper notes system like???

Get with it Billy!!!

Iain G
22-08-2017, 01:28 PM
Ladies and gentleman, I give you, John Daly, new Hearts figurehead / puppet / acceptable face / patsy / stoodge...

Why does Harry Potter not just take over the managers role?!

Radium
22-08-2017, 01:28 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170822/e55e4f34e2e751c02d8b48dd8d2c92a1.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MyJo
22-08-2017, 01:29 PM
Bwahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhaha :faf:

greenpaper55
22-08-2017, 01:32 PM
"The alterations needed are outwith their financial boundaries at present" but i thought they were the big club ? In other words they are skint !

Carheenlea
So the guy gets interviewed for a particular position, but then starts to tell the prospective employers how to run their operation? Billy Davies is a very arrogant individual and this pretty much sums him up. A hard person to like, even when he is giving Hearts a dig.

Billy Whizz
If a bawbag like Billy Davies, says your clubs a mess, then they must be in a right mess

Michael
22-08-2017, 01:35 PM
To be fair, the structure worked well with Nielson. Cathro was clearly incompetent and would have failed regardless of the managerial structure.

heretoday
22-08-2017, 01:49 PM
Davies is a bit of a moron though isn't he?

Tornadoes70
22-08-2017, 01:55 PM
To be fair, the structure worked well with Nielson. Cathro was clearly incompetent and would have failed regardless of the managerial structure.

We won't know if Cathro was the real deal or not until he has another crack at management and given free reign without Potter breathing down his neck. Its clear to me Potter is not for handing over complete control of the footballing management side to anyone and will remain an interference.

:greengrin

Kato
22-08-2017, 02:02 PM

Did it work? The manager who took them to second place wanted to leave. Why he would want to do so when things were going, relatively, well is anyones guess but it could have been that "the structure" wasn't working.

Stokesy's on fire
22-08-2017, 02:07 PM
Billy Davies is a clown..and i'm pretty sure he's a Hun as well....Hearts and Billy Davies can both bolt.

Jim44
22-08-2017, 02:26 PM
Ladies and gentleman, I give you, John Daly, new Hearts figurehead / puppet / acceptable face / patsy / stoodge...

....... because, like all managers, his job would be in constant jeopardy a lot of the time. In his role as DOF, he can pretty much point the finger of failure at the manager and safeguard his own job.

Geo_1875
22-08-2017, 02:26 PM
So the guy gets interviewed for a particular position, but then starts to tell the prospective employers how to run their operation? Billy Davies is a very arrogant individual and this pretty much sums him up. A hard person to like, even when he is giving Hearts a dig.

That would depend on whether the interview panel asked him for his thoughts on how he would bring improvement to the club. That would be a valid question and his response is equally valid. He might be a dick but he's not wrong.

Platinum Scotty
22-08-2017, 02:43 PM
It's standard business practice in interviews to ask the applicant what changes/improvements they would bring and where they think they can add value. To me anyone that says 'oh I am fine with everything you have here' is probably the wrong person to get a job. Anyone I interview is always asked what they will do in the first 30/60/90 days, this seems to be what he was asked and they didn't like it
Irrespective of personal thoughts on Davies, fair play for calling it out before accepting the job and being hamstrung by a piss poor structure

BullsCloseHibs
22-08-2017, 02:51 PM
Two slaps in the face in two days.

No one wants it.

I wonder why......

Messrs Budge Potter & Co rule :agree:

erin go bragh
22-08-2017, 02:51 PM
As much as I dislike BD . He has pretty much hit the nail on the head regarding what's wrong at the PBS .
I
Who will be the next puppet :) Daley or the big or wee caveman .

BullsCloseHibs
22-08-2017, 02:52 PM
Billy Davies is a clown..and i'm pretty sure he's a Hun as well....Hearts and Billy Davies can both bolt.

Things MUST be bad if Davies rules himself out.

Oh my days :greengrin

CRAZYHIBBY
22-08-2017, 02:57 PM
Hartley or pressley will be the next manager i reckon... just waiting on them saying "i pick the team"

Col2
22-08-2017, 03:02 PM
Hartley or pressley will be the next manager i reckon... just waiting on them saying "i pick the team"

I reckon it will be Pressley. They can't seriously think they can wheel out Daly and hope for no reaction? Surely even for the most gullible fans in the world?

CB_NO3
22-08-2017, 03:06 PM
Maybe Budge and Levein never wanted to join his swinger club as part of the contract.

Pete
22-08-2017, 03:13 PM
Levein must have more influence than everyone thought. You can't gag someone you haven't employed so this is telling.

Happy days. 😂

Keith_M
22-08-2017, 03:29 PM

TBF, I've been at a couple of Interviews recently where there's a probable progression into Management and they asked me what I would change regarding the organisation of the team(s).

In my case, though, they specifically asked me for my imput, whereas I think Hearts have very definite ideas of how they want things structured.

hughio
22-08-2017, 03:29 PM

Is it not because he's still involved in litigation over his sacking and can't take the manager's job for fear of prejudicing the value of his claim for damages?

SirDavidsNapper
22-08-2017, 03:44 PM
Being turned down by Billy Davies must be a new low.

Lancs Harp
22-08-2017, 03:55 PM
The enormity of their mistake in saking Cathers must now be setting in.

Lets face it they would be be up there with Celtic if they had kept faith in him. The football equivalent of Magnus Karlsen.

Viva_Palmeiras
22-08-2017, 04:02 PM
OUT! - One chair removed and the music starts again....

Jones28
22-08-2017, 04:16 PM
Did it work? The manager who took them to second place wanted to leave. Why he would want to do so when things were going, relatively, well is anyones guess but it could have been that "the structure" wasn't working.

In fairness Neilson took them to second and probably would have done with or without Levine barking orders at him.

chinaman
22-08-2017, 04:33 PM
Davies is a bit of a moron though isn't he?

He'll always be welcome at the lodge.
Arrogant hun fud

hibbymark
22-08-2017, 04:36 PM
Probably told the structure is this is your first team coach (John my eyes and ears pi***d off because he didn't get the managers job and first class deliverer of paper notes Daly) . This is your assistant manager ( Austin the tramp equally to blame for the laptop failure previously employed Macphee that we can't afford to pay off ) and everything football related goes through me.

What at do you think Billy? And did I mention we have the largest glass curtain in Scotland?

Carheenlea
22-08-2017, 05:43 PM
That would depend on whether the interview panel asked him for his thoughts on how he would bring improvement to the club. That would be a valid question and his response is equally valid. He might be a dick but he's not wrong.

It's standard business practice in interviews to ask the applicant what changes/improvements they would bring and where they think they can add value. To me anyone that says 'oh I am fine with everything you have here' is probably the wrong person to get a job. Anyone I interview is always asked what they will do in the first 30/60/90 days, this seems to be what he was asked and they didn't like it
Irrespective of personal thoughts on Davies, fair play for calling it out before accepting the job and being hamstrung by a piss poor structure

TBF, I've been at a couple of Interviews recently where there's a probable progression into Management and they asked me what I would change regarding the organisation of the team(s).

In my case, though, they specifically asked me for my imput, whereas I think Hearts have very definite ideas of how they want things structured.

You will know better than me then on interview procedure - I've never had one!

dchibs
22-08-2017, 06:10 PM
Probably told the structure is this is your first team coach (John my eyes and ears pi***d off because he didn't get the managers job and first class deliverer of paper notes Daly) . This is your assistant manager ( Austin the tramp equally to blame for the laptop failure previously employed Macphee that we can't afford to pay off ) and everything football related goes through me.

What at do you think Billy? And did I mention we have the largest glass curtain in Scotland?

And chips.

Paisley Hibby
22-08-2017, 07:32 PM

Many's a true word said in jest. I think that's pretty close to what happened.

Green-Hibee-7
22-08-2017, 07:48 PM
He's a clown anyway IMO.

There's a few Scots like him who have been/are down in England's second tier.

So bought into this English football is the best league in the world nonsense, that it almost sounds as they talk down the game up here. If I was a hearts fan I would be glad he's not getting the gig anyway.

hibbydog
22-08-2017, 07:50 PM
I think they must have had a row and Davies is getting his point in early to p!ss them off. Just a feeling. Either that or Davies was rejected for the job and he wants to cover his ar5e.

Either way, his statement is highly damaging and makes the job considerably less attractive.

Not that it was very attractive in the first place mind....

Iggy Pope
22-08-2017, 09:26 PM
He's a clown anyway IMO.

There's a few Scots like him who have been/are down in England's second tier.

So bought into this English football is the best league in the world nonsense, that it almost sounds as they talk down the game up here. If I was a hearts fan I would be glad he's not getting the gig anyway.

But yer no. So enjoy the ride.

sadtom
22-08-2017, 10:16 PM
Just waiting for the ultimate slap in the dish...when Stewart Baxter rules himself out!

Mikey09
22-08-2017, 10:25 PM
So some think Davies is a twat? If I'm not mistaken a lot of folk think our managers a twat as well but he gets results. Davies in my opinion has only said what is glaringly obvious with our pink neighbours. Levein is a control freak and someone like Davies, Lennon etc would never work with him. It's no coincidence the experienced guys have all said they won't work with that structure and ruled themselves out. I might be wrong but they are gonna give it to John Daly.

monktonharp
22-08-2017, 10:26 PM
We won't know if Cathro was the real deal or not until he has another crack at management and given free reign without Potter breathing down his neck. Its clear to me Potter is not for handing over complete control of the footballing management side to anyone and will remain an interference.

:greengrinI think young Cathro was hard done bye, wish he was still here:wink:

monktonharp
22-08-2017, 10:33 PM
Just waiting for the ultimate slap in the dish...when Stewart Baxter rules himself out!Genuinely, / whaes Stewart Baxter? I ken auld Stanley Baxter, loved his Glesga language programme. Apunnaburra furra murra and all that :greengrin

Sir David Gray
22-08-2017, 10:45 PM
Just waiting for the ultimate slap in the dish...when Stewart Baxter rules himself out!

I'm beginning to think Stuart Baxter is actually a mythical being.

Has anyone ever actually seen this guy or heard him speak?

I think he's a figment of people's imagination.

Is It On....
22-08-2017, 11:15 PM

Cue kickback mayhem!

Wee Billy is toxic. There was a great post from a Forest fan on Sevco forum when they were interested in hiring him. There is a reason why, despite a good record, he doesn't have a job and our neighbours are better off (boo) despite him not being there.

sadtom
23-08-2017, 01:06 AM
Genuinely, / whaes Stewart Baxter? I ken auld Stanley Baxter, loved his Glesga language programme. Apunnaburra furra murra and all that :greengrin

I sometimes wonder if he actually exists myself. The guy who seemed (some years back) to be associated with/applied for every job going (with nae chance of getting them)

Tornadoes70
23-08-2017, 07:57 AM
I think young Cathro was hard done bye, wish he was still here:wink:

Thankfully if he was the real deal footballing genius it won't now be the yams who benefit. Potter made sure of that. :greengrin

Keith_M
23-08-2017, 08:12 AM
Genuinely, / whaes Stewart Baxter? I ken auld Stanley Baxter, loved his Glesga language programme. Apunnaburra furra murra and all that :greengrin

Errarerrperraberrserr.

Firestarter
23-08-2017, 08:16 AM
Davies was probably told the job wasn't his and is keeping his name in the press. Would have been a good match had he went to that lot mind.

banarc7062
23-08-2017, 10:10 AM

:greengrin

Excellent. Long may he stay in "control" GGTTH

jacomo
23-08-2017, 10:15 AM
Never mind Cathro's tactical masterclass... would have loved to hear Billy Davies 'clear plan' for Hertz.

"Dinnae be telling Billy Davies tae work wi a Director of Fitba. Youse ken f*** all. F*** off."

*leaves room, slams door on way out*

Velma Dinkley
23-08-2017, 10:25 AM
Hearts are a skint, toxic shambles.

Mick O'Rourke
23-08-2017, 10:44 AM
I'm beginning to think Stuart Baxter is actually a mythical being.

Has anyone ever actually seen this guy or heard him speak?

I think he's a figment of people's imagination.
No! No ....Baxter is real
His family do a nice selection of tinned soup.
Awfy dear though!

Jambo ST guy i know is of the opinion it will be a "cheap and submissive candidate" who will get the job.
Elvis or Daly, he thinks.

Dashing Bob S
23-08-2017, 10:46 AM

On the contrary, exceptionally easy to like when he's giving Hearts a dig. Then again, if Hitler had a little dig at Hearts finances and structures, I'd question just how deeply he was really involved in the holocaust.

hibsbollah
23-08-2017, 10:51 AM
On the contrary, exceptionally easy to like when he's giving Hearts a dig. Then again, if Hitler had a little dig at Hearts finances and structures, I'd question just how deeply he was really involved in the holocaust.

Hitler may indeed have had a dig at Hearts, but he did not have a 'hun face' to the same extent as Davies does though. Which is ironic, since Mr Hitler led the German forces in WW2 and is considered the archetypal hun. Billy Davies' whole coupon just screams, 'I'm a rabid hun' at you. Look at his photo for 10 seconds, I dare you.

hibsbollah
23-08-2017, 10:52 AM
it will be a "cheap and submissive candidate" who will get the job.