PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: PIE AND A PINT FOR LIVI MATCH

RSS Bot
21-08-2017, 05:00 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/7805)

Carheenlea
21-08-2017, 05:11 PM
Read elsewhere on here where someone was querying the plentiful number of executive seats available - this is quite a good idea that can help fill them.

brianmc
21-08-2017, 05:40 PM
Sooo... As a season ticket holder I can purchase my own seat for £18 or I can go with this offer of a seat, pie and pint for £30?
That's a dear pint unless it's a pint of Glenfiddich or Smirnoff (count me in!). Otherwise, nah, I'll settle with my usual £2.30 Bovril (in a cup).

Phil MaGlass
21-08-2017, 05:42 PM
Not a bad deal

BoomtownHibees
21-08-2017, 05:43 PM
Sooo... As a season ticket holder I can purchase my own seat for £18 or I can go with this offer of a seat, pie and pint for £30?
That's a dear pint unless it's a pint of Glenfiddich or Smirnoff (count me in!). Otherwise, nah, I'll settle with my usual £2.30 Bovril (in a cup).

Seat - £18
Pie - £2.30??
Pint - £3 ish
Programme - £2.50??

Total - £25/£26

Add in executive seating and player appearance and it's no too bad a deal. Good thinking from the club imo

brianmc
21-08-2017, 05:59 PM
Seat - £18
Pie - £2.30??
Pint - £3 ish
Programme - £2.50??

Total - £25/£26

Add in executive seating and player appearance and it's no too bad a deal. Good thinking from the club imo

Hey, it might appeal to a lot of people - indeed some might see it as a cheap way to experience "hospitality" that they've never been able to afford before. Good luck to them, I hope they have a blast. But for me it's a no.

As a side issue, as the match programme has been highlighted here, what's actually in it these days?
I stopped buying them 20 years ago because it was just adverts with a couple of snippets of player chat - I can't imagine nowadays, with the death of print media due to websites like this one, that there's anything worth reading in there at all?(Cue a "buy it and see" comment!)

I always found the fanzines to be a far better and more in depth read.

Bishop Hibee
21-08-2017, 06:13 PM
Decent deal. Well done Hibs.

Mibbes Aye
21-08-2017, 06:19 PM
Non--ST midweek game so the club should be doing everything they can to encourage folk to attend.

As stated earlier, it may well entice people to buy further hospitality packages, once they've had a taste of it.

calumhibee1
21-08-2017, 06:22 PM
Seat - £18
Pie - £2.30??
Pint - £3 ish
Programme - £2.50??

Total - £25/£26

Yup. Decent deal.

Glory Lurker
21-08-2017, 06:23 PM
Hey, it might appeal to a lot of people - indeed some might see it as a cheap way to experience "hospitality" that they've never been able to afford before. Good luck to them, I hope they have a blast. But for me it's a no.

As a side issue, as the match programme has been highlighted here, what's actually in it these days?
I stopped buying them 20 years ago because it was just adverts with a couple of snippets of player chat - I can't imagine nowadays, with the death of print media due to websites like this one, that there's anything worth reading in there at all?(Cue a "buy it and see" comment!)

I always found the fanzines to be a far better and more in depth read.

The programme is much improved. A lot of good stuff in it. Worth the price.

brianmc
21-08-2017, 06:28 PM
The programme is much improved. A lot of good stuff in it. Worth the price.

Thanks for the reply. I might even invest in one at the next home game to see if you're telling the truth 🤗

JohnStephens91
21-08-2017, 07:34 PM
Thanks for the reply. I might even invest in one at the next home game to see if you're telling the truth 🤗

Hi Brian,

I work for the club and the match programme is one aspect of my job and was something I was keen to improve when I joined the club on a full-time basis. There was a survey on it for what supporters wanted to see, so this is the second season based on the feedback received from January/February 2016.

We are always keen to make the content readable, so it is a 68-page programme with the main player feature usually ranging from 1200 to 1700 words and spread across six pages. There is a focus on content you can't get elsewhere, or is harder to find online. For example, last season we had "Letter From America" which was the story of the entire 1967 tour of North America on a match-by-match and city-by-city basis, and this season we have got "Down Memory Lane" where John Hislop interviews or profiles a name from years gone by that we haven't heard from in a while and "We've Played There" where we write about European ties, but focus on the away legs of the games (I'm currently working on Keflavik and KS Besa) and we've already had games like Porto and Sporting Lisbon.

Because we are really keen to ensure that the content is unique, even looking over our past matches against opponents has seen myself and the other writers digging out newspaper archives and the history books of both clubs to write about matches from as far back as the 1880s!

Have a look out on the website ahead of each game because we publicise exactly what is in the match programme. Here is a link for last weekend's: http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/7792
(http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/7792)
I'm really fortunate to have a great team of writers working with, ranging from Tom Wright of the Hibernian Historical Trust to younger writers like James Delaney who is a very good freelance journalist at the start of his career, as well as ProgrammeMaster doing a great job visually with the design. Their work helped us to win two independent awards for the programme in the Championship for last season's effort (up from fourth the year before!) with the aim to continue improving on the framework we have in place at the moment.

Sorry for the essay, but I hope all of the information is useful to yourself and anyone else reading!

GGTTH

scoopyboy
21-08-2017, 07:38 PM
Hi Brian,

I work for the club and the match programme is one aspect of my job and was something I was keen to improve when I joined the club on a full-time basis. There was a survey on it for what supporters wanted to see, so this is the second season based on the feedback received from January/February 2016.

We are always keen to make the content readable, so it is a 68-page programme with the main player feature usually ranging from 1200 to 1700 words and spread across six pages. There is a focus on content you can't get elsewhere, or is harder to find online. For example, last season we had "Letter From America" which was the story of the entire 1967 tour of North America on a match-by-match and city-by-city basis, and this season we have got "Down Memory Lane" where John Hislop interviews or profiles a name from years gone by that we haven't heard from in a while and "We've Played There" where we write about European ties, but focus on the away legs of the games (I'm currently working on Keflavik and KS Besa) and we've already had games like Porto and Sporting Lisbon.

Because we are really keen to ensure that the content is unique, even looking over our past matches against opponents has seen myself and the other writers digging out newspaper archives and the history books of both clubs to write about matches from as far back as the 1880s!

Have a look out on the website ahead of each game because we publicise exactly what is in the match programme. Here is a link for last weekend's: http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/7792
I'm really fortunate to have a great team of writers working with, ranging from Tom Wright of the Hibernian Historical Trust to younger writers like James Delaney who is a very good freelance journalist at the start of his career, as well as ProgrammeMaster doing a great job visually with the design. Their work helped us to win two independent awards for the programme in the Championship for last season's effort (up from fourth the year before!) with the aim to continue improving on the framework we have in place at the moment.

Sorry for the essay, but I hope all of the information is useful to yourself and anyone else reading!

GGTTH

Quick question, why is the League table never included in the programme?

JohnStephens91
21-08-2017, 07:40 PM
Quick question, why is the League table never included in the programme?

It's on the back page this season, along with the other fixtures of the weekend/midweek 👍

iwasthere1972
21-08-2017, 07:48 PM
£30. Very reasonable. A pie? What's the vegetarian option?

Mick O'Rourke
21-08-2017, 07:49 PM
Read elsewhere on here where someone was querying the plentiful number of executive seats available - this is quite a good idea that can help fill them.

I contributed to the thread you mention.

Someone at the club must have been reading the comments !!

Good though
Not a bad deal

Scouse Hibee
21-08-2017, 07:51 PM
£30. Very reasonable. A pie? What's the vegetarian option?

A pie..... no meat anyway

iwasthere1972
21-08-2017, 07:56 PM
A pie..... no meat anyway

I had thought about that. £2.30 for a pie ain't bad when you consider that it's

£3.50 In Barbados
£4.00 In Jamaica
£4.50 in Puerto Rico

That's the Pie-rates of the Caribbean. :wink:

RoxburghHibs
21-08-2017, 07:59 PM
Hi Brian,

GGTTH

Loving the programmes over the past year or so. One feature I think would be great is a "classic Hibs programme/match review".

With loads pictures of the programme and the match itself .

Keep up the great work it's appreciated.

tomhorn
21-08-2017, 08:24 PM

£3.50 In Barbados
£4.00 In Jamaica
£4.50 in Puerto Rico

😂😂😂😂😂

Billy Whizz
21-08-2017, 08:24 PM

£3.50 In Barbados
£4.00 In Jamaica
£4.50 in Puerto Rico

Nicked from LinkedIn

brianmc
21-08-2017, 08:49 PM
Hi Brian,

GGTTH

Many thanks for the in depth explanation. The Programme certainly sounds a million times better now than it ever was.👍