PDA

View Full Version : Problem with season ticket entry !

SON OF PADDY
21-08-2017, 06:56 AM
Arrived at West stand turnstiles 10 minutes before kick-off, unfortunately for me my season ticket wouldn't work.

I asked the steward standing right in front of me ,what do I do now ?
He replied " you'll need to go to the ticket office , I can't help you " 😲
So what exactly is their job, if it's not to help you ?
The queue

Thecat23
21-08-2017, 07:16 AM
Arrived at West stand turnstiles 10 minutes before kick-off, unfortunately for me my season ticket wouldn't work.

The queue

Basically he done his job correct. He sent you to the ticket office to get it sorted. He can't just let you in in case it's been cloned or simply not working.

NthCarolinaHibs
21-08-2017, 07:23 AM
Happened to me trying to get into the East...spoke to a steward at the disabled entry and season ticket was manually scanned..sorted...

SON OF PADDY
21-08-2017, 07:37 AM
Basically he done his job correct. He sent you to the ticket office to get it sorted. He can't just let you in in case it's been cloned or simply not working.

Why couldn't he have contacted his supervisor in the first instance,instead of sending me to join yet another queue?

Mick O'Rourke
21-08-2017, 07:41 AM
Happened to me trying to get into the East...spoke to a steward at the disabled entry and season ticket was manually scanned..sorted...

I had to do that twice last season in the West.
The steward at the disabled entry gate was very helpful,both times,scanning my ticket

I can only guess the the steward the OP spoke to was maybe a "new start"
However, he should have been told to contact his supervisor to help with issues like this.

The fault is likely similar to that of scanners in supermarkets.
They dont always work first time.
It can be frustrating of course, as you have loads of impatient Hibees behind you at 2.55 pm saying

C'mon, hurry up !:I'm waiti

green day
21-08-2017, 07:43 AM
Why couldn't he have contacted his supervisor in the first instance,instead of sending me to join yet another queue?

Because ticketing and the numbers of fans in the stadium isnt their responsibility - my dad made an erse of getting in a year or so ago......he pushed the barrier so he was still "outside" (I know :greengrin).

I was told that the numbers in the stadium have to match the tickets scanned and they cant decide who does or doesnt get in as such - bit of a jobsworth answer, but only what he has been told to do.

Anyway I said to the supervisor, look hes an old man, whos made a mistake just open the gate and let him in - which he eventually did in an outbreak of common sense.

Mick O'Rourke
21-08-2017, 07:59 AM
[QUOTE=green day;5149244]Because ticketing and the numbers of fans in the stadium isnt their responsibility -

If that is the case,what is their purpose standing both inside and outside the turnstile areas,if not to be helpful in such situations?

I was in the West Upper on Saturday
I was a bit out of breath when i reached the top.
So i stopped "for a breather"
The steward there asked me if i was alright and did i need assistance to get to my seat.
I didn't (eventually)
I felt a bit embarrassed, but it was very good of him to ask.

One thing though, the football on offer on Saturday most definitely did not leave me "breathless"

lord bunberry
21-08-2017, 08:59 AM
When I went into the east stand none of our season tickets scanned, we just pushed the turnstile and went in. I could have got in without a ticket.

Thecat23
21-08-2017, 09:05 AM

Maybe because that's the orders he's been given? It happened to me last season. Guy said I had to go to TO and although I had to join another queue I didn't wait long and never missed k.o or anything.

Sioux
21-08-2017, 09:40 AM
Similar problem with me. I had a print at home ticket and when scanned the turnstile wouldn't open. Tried scanning again and got message "ticket already scanned". Had to go back out and find a supervisor. There was a queue of six waiting to for the supervisor! After an interrogation she re-calibrated the ticket and told me to wait until the person in front had gone through and that the turnstile was back in it's secure closed position before scanning ticket. I got in but all of that took ten minutes.

hibbybob
21-08-2017, 09:57 AM
Similar problem with me. I had a print at home ticket and when scanned the turnstile wouldn't open. Tried scanning again and got message "ticket already scanned". Had to go back out and find a supervisor. There was a queue of six waiting to for the supervisor! After an interrogation she re-calibrated the ticket and told me to wait until the person in front had gone through and that the turnstile was back in it's secure closed position before scanning ticket. I got in but all of that took ten minutes.

I had the same problem - if you scan your card/ticket before the previous person is fully in and the turnstile has stopped you will be denied entry.

Stewards in the West stand sorted this for me within 5 minutes without the need to go to the ticket office.
There were a few people having the same issue.

SouthMoroccoStu
21-08-2017, 10:01 AM
My problem on saturday was I got in

Went downhill from there! :greengrin:wink:

heretoday
21-08-2017, 10:26 AM
He's there to make sure you don't lose it and start throwing punches in your frustration. Then he'll step in and immobilise you.

Keith_M
21-08-2017, 10:41 AM
He's there to make sure you don't lose it and start throwing punches in your frustration. Then he'll step in and immobilise you.

Are you saying they're trained in Ju-jitsu but not Customer Service?

Mr Grieves
21-08-2017, 12:52 PM
I go to the games with my 5 year old son and I've always been worried that I have scanning problems after he's entered through the turnstile. Anyone here been locked out while they're kid is inside the stadium?

MB62
21-08-2017, 01:42 PM
I go to the games with my 5 year old son and I've always been worried that I have scanning problems after he's entered through the turnstile. Anyone here been locked out while they're kid is inside the stadium?

This could have happened to us on Saturday.
Myself, my wife, nephew (in-law) and his two very kids from Australia all had 'Print at Home' tickets. I went in first, no problem but then one of the young boys didn't really know what he was doing and I think his ticket 'timed out' and the gate wouldn't open. After swapping tickets around, we got the three Aussies in, but my wife took the 'timed out' ticket to the T.O. on the instruction off the steward inside the turnstile.
Queued up there and was then told at the T.O. to see a supervisor steward. She eventually found one and after a 'stewards enquiry' :greengrin her ticket was revalidated. Apparently there was only ONE supervisor and he was getting crowded out with others with similar problems. Thought this could have been more professionally organised.

Booked4Being-Ugly
21-08-2017, 01:44 PM
Yes me, although the wee man was 11 so wasn't as bad but I panicked because he freaked out and started running up and down the East stand concourse!

The 1st steward wasn't interested but there is a steward that can manually scan tickets and that's how I got in. Best thing is to have a plan for your son to stay put, or for him to go to a steward inside.

hibsforeurope
21-08-2017, 03:33 PM

The queue

I had exactly the same issue in West gate 17.
Stewards, on both sides of the gate, seen me scan my card it went through as normal but the gate didn't open. They seem utterly clueless, he went to find a supervisor but the only one in the West stand was busy. both guys seem me scan the card initially, seen it was accepted but wouldnt open the side door.
They wouldn't even open the door to let the happy hibee sellers in, even though they had their official passes on.

having said that I wish I hadn't got it sorted after watching the game.

SON OF PADDY
21-08-2017, 03:52 PM
I had exactly the same issue in West gate 17.
Stewards, on both sides of the gate, seen me scan my card it went through as normal but the gate didn't open. They seem utterly clueless, he went to find a supervisor but the only one in the West stand was busy. both guys seem me scan the card initially, seen it was accepted but wouldnt open the side door.
They wouldn't even open the door to let the happy hibee sellers in, even though they had their official passes on.

having said that I wish I hadn't got it sorted after watching the game.

Ha ha I know what you mean mate ! 😂

Onceinawhile
21-08-2017, 04:52 PM
The only problem I've seen is people scanning tickets for the wrong stand. Tickets for the East and South both scan for the ff lower which surely needs loomed at.

Scouse Hibee
21-08-2017, 05:11 PM
Most but not all problems caused by the user that I have witnessed.

NAE NOOKIE
21-08-2017, 05:24 PM
At the first game of the season I was worried my card wouldn't work coz it had somehow got a dirty mark on it. It peeped as it should but the turnstile wouldn't move ..... it turned out my friend who had gone in before me had got her handbag caught in it and it had stuck fast :greengrin

The steward at the doors used a hand scanner and I got in that way, not sure why they couldn't have had a go at the OP's card before sending him round to the ticket office.

MWHIBBIES
21-08-2017, 05:38 PM
Things like this happen, it is why clubs recommend people are in and seated with more than 10 minutes to spare. Suppose the club save enough money with the electronic system that 1/2 miffed people missing kick off is worth it.

heretoday
21-08-2017, 06:40 PM
Are you saying they're trained in Ju-jitsu but not Customer Service?

I doubt they're trained in anything except how to wear a yellow jacket and shuffle from one foot to the other.

Scouse Hibee
21-08-2017, 07:13 PM
I doubt they're trained in anything except how to wear a yellow jacket and shuffle from one foot to the other.

Nice.

Mr Grieves
22-08-2017, 06:27 AM
Yes me, although the wee man was 11 so wasn't as bad but I panicked because he freaked out and started running up and down the East stand concourse!

The 1st steward wasn't interested but there is a steward that can manually scan tickets and that's how I got in. Best thing is to have a plan for your son to stay put, or for him to go to a steward inside.

It is a bit of a worry. I hope the steward would show a bit of common sense if it ever happened...

SON OF PADDY
22-08-2017, 09:12 AM
At the first game of the season I was worried my card wouldn't work coz it had somehow got a dirty mark on it. It peeped as it should but the turnstile wouldn't move ..... it turned out my friend who had gone in before me had got her handbag caught in it and it had stuck fast :greengrin

The steward at the doors used a hand scanner and I got in that way, not sure why they couldn't have had a go at the OP's card before sending him round to the ticket office.

That was exactly my point Nae Nookie, It appears to happen a lot according to fellow posters.

There's no point joining a queue for the ticket office,just to be told by staff " you'll need to see a supervisor " that's plain madness.

SON OF PADDY
22-08-2017, 09:20 AM
Things like this happen, it is why clubs recommend people are in and seated with more than 10 minutes to spare. Suppose the club save enough money with the electronic system that 1/2 miffed people missing kick off is worth it.

That's why I always try to get down early !
I was at the gate 10 minutes before kick-off,but wasted another 10 minutes just trying to get in.😵

itslegaltender
22-08-2017, 10:06 AM
My son is a steward for G4S. The amount of abuse he gets from fellow Hibbys is ridiculous. Some of our fans think they have the right to shout abuse because they cant get a seat close to their pals at the ticket booths and because roads are shut etc

These people (a lot of them Hibbys btw) are there doing a job, carrying out the instructions of the club.

Tynie01011973
22-08-2017, 10:37 AM
I had the same problem - if you scan your card/ticket before the previous person is fully in and the turnstile has stopped you will be denied entry.

Stewards in the West stand sorted this for me within 5 minutes without the need to go to the ticket office.
There were a few people having the same issue.

Same happened to me.
Supervisor manually scanned on her hand-held device and was then ok to go through.
She said you needed to wait until the turnstile has stopped turning before presenting your ST card

jgl07
22-08-2017, 01:08 PM
My son is a steward for G4S. The amount of abuse he gets from fellow Hibbys is ridiculous. Some of our fans think they have the right to shout abuse because they cant get a seat close to their pals at the ticket booths and because roads are shut etc

These people (a lot of them Hibbys btw) are there doing a job, carrying out the instructions of the club.

I suspect that most of the security staff are on zero hours contracts and on the minimum wage.

It's rather unfair to expect them to be expert on the temperamental scanners in the turnstiles.

Sir David Gray
22-08-2017, 04:35 PM
The scanners in the east stand are a joke and very rarely work.

I would just insist on speaking to a supervisor or someone who has the authority to exercise some common sense/discretion and let me in.

Not my fault if their scanners don't do their job properly.