PDA

View Full Version : What a load o' rubbish!

sadtom
21-08-2017, 03:31 AM
Seen some amount of garbage on the pitch at ER over the years. I'm not talking about our present squad, despite a poor showing on Saturday (which i'd put down as a bad day at the office, against a decent side who may have put in one of their best performances of the season) i still think we have a pretty good outfit.
Apologies if the subject has already been brought up but i'm sick of the Holy Ground looking like a landfill site on match day (nae wonder we have a problem wi those divebombing white feathered air-rats).
If you do feel the need to 'graze' at the fitba, then in the name o the wee man stop chuckin yer fast food kr@p away. The pitch looked like a midden.
Is it gonna take a Liverpool 'beachball' type moment before folk screw the bobbin.

ColinNish
21-08-2017, 05:20 AM
I don't buy food at ground (too expensive and crap IMO) but what would you like folk to do with their rubbish when they're back at their seats scoffing it?

sadtom
21-08-2017, 05:42 AM
I don't buy food at ground (too expensive and crap IMO) but what would you like folk to do with their rubbish when they're back at their seats scoffing it?

Crumple it up, stick it in a bag/bin/pocket/under their seats then chuck it in a bin when they are leaving. Its not difficult.
Also the club could have a few bodies clearing the park during half time as i'm sure their will still be some stuff that will make it onto the pitch. But just a wee bit effort would be a massive help.

SON OF PADDY
21-08-2017, 05:56 AM
Crumple it up, stick it in a bag/bin/pocket/under their seats then chuck it in a bin when they are leaving. Its not difficult.
Also the club could have a few bodies clearing the park during half time as i'm sure their will still be some stuff that will make it onto the pitch. But just a wee bit effort would be a massive help.

Keep our ER tidy !!

theonlywayisup
21-08-2017, 06:07 AM
Seen some amount of garbage on the pitch at ER over the years. I'm not talking about our present squad, despite a poor showing on Saturday (which i'd put down as a bad day at the office, against a decent side who may have put in one of their best performances of the season) i still think we have a pretty good outfit.
Apologies if the subject has already been brought up but i'm sick of the Holy Ground looking like a landfill site on match day (nae wonder we have a problem wi those divebombing white feathered air-rats).
If you do feel the need to 'graze' at the fitba, then in the name o the wee man stop chuckin yer fast food kr@p away. The pitch looked like a midden.
Is it gonna take a Liverpool 'beachball' type moment before folk screw the bobbin.

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?324001-Daft-thing-to-complain-about-but-here-goes

Merge needed maybe admins.

wpj
21-08-2017, 06:22 AM
Keep our ER tidy !!

tidyER!

hibIBZ
21-08-2017, 06:55 AM
To add a similar point. I sat in the south for the first time in many years and it could do with a bit of TLC. The cladding looked dirty and old, weeds growing out the steps, seats that are rusting and broken. Just didn't give off a very good image. I know it is a petty point but a bit of a clean and weeds pulled out wouldn't take much

GreenCastle
21-08-2017, 07:35 AM
While some may think it's tradition or a minor point there is a bigger picture here and that's Hibs showing they support recycling and keeping the community clean.

Rubbish blows all over the place and I'm sure onto local streets etc and if it effects the game - visually - then it effects the match day experience.

Hibs / fans reps should be looking at keep ER clear campaign. Reclycling bins and getting a message across for people to stop dropping litter in the stadium.

A German friend visited recently and he was amazed people leave stuff under the seat - again a culture difference but if you think about it It's a very odd habit which is easily avoidable.

Callum_62
21-08-2017, 07:53 AM

Maybe anything bar letting it blow away?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Johnny Clash
21-08-2017, 08:31 AM
Is there a reason why we can't have litter bins inside ER?

SRHibs
21-08-2017, 08:31 AM
Is there a reason why we can't have litter bins inside ER?

Risk of bombs maybe.

Islington Hibs
21-08-2017, 08:46 AM
Agree -a mount of rubbish on the pitch really spoiled the scene. great ground, full stands but far too much paper/ junk blowing around. Really needs to get sorted as looks very unsightly.

NAE NOOKIE
21-08-2017, 12:41 PM
To add a similar point. I sat in the south for the first time in many years and it could do with a bit of TLC. The cladding looked dirty and old, weeds growing out the steps, seats that are rusting and broken. Just didn't give off a very good image. I know it is a petty point but a bit of a clean and weeds pulled out wouldn't take much

The amount of ( non football :greengrin ) rubbish on the pitch was really noticeable on Saturday, cant remember ever seeing it so bad .... All folk need to do is scrunch up their bags and chuck them under the seats, which should at least stop them blowing onto the pitch.

As for the south ........ nothing shouts 'neglected' more than a football ground with weeds growing out of the terraces or the areas surrounding the entry into the ground .... If what you say is true Hibs should be on it quick smart, that sort of stuff does my head in :grr:

hughio
21-08-2017, 03:10 PM
The amount of ( non football :greengrin ) rubbish on the pitch was really noticeable on Saturday, cant remember ever seeing it so bad .... All folk need to do is scrunch up their bags and chuck them under the seats, which should at least stop them blowing onto the pitch.

As for the south ........ nothing shouts 'neglected' more than a football ground with weeds growing out of the terraces or the areas surrounding the entry into the ground .... If what you say is true Hibs should be on it quick smart, that sort of stuff does my head in :grr:

:agree:
It's pretty manky up the back of the upper West with the cladding and ducting dirty and unloved.

Not what i want to see in our "San Siro"
A lick of paint and a power hose goes a long way Hibs.

NAE NOOKIE
21-08-2017, 05:09 PM
It's pretty manky up the back of the upper West with the cladding and ducting dirty and unloved.

Not what i want to see in our "San Siro"
A lick of paint and a power hose goes a long way Hibs.

Don't Hibs have a stadium manager who is supposed to be on top of all this stuff? ........... I'm retired, if Hibs are prepared pay my petrol expenses and chuck me £50 a week I'll be happy to go around pulling weeds, painting the metalwork on seats and power washing stuff ..... if somebody at the club wants to send me a PM ....... Cant do Mondays, Thursdays and obviously any day Hibs are at home :greengrin

Billy Whizz
21-08-2017, 05:11 PM
Too many cups causing the rubbish

http://www.deadlinenews.co.uk/2017/08/21/hibs-fans-guaranteed-cup-bovril/

Mibbes Aye
21-08-2017, 05:29 PM

Worst I've ever seen it and it looked embarrassing.

There's a theory that if you tighten up on the 'little things' - the litter, the weeds etc - then you create a culture that drives up expectations for the bigger things. I'd like us to be doing that. We have a great stadium, a great training facility, a great manager and a really decent squad. I love the fact that we've made a strategic decision to boost our community presence in recent years and get back to the ethos of why our club was formed in the first place. Ensuring we have a pristine park and stadium won't necessarily deliver us three points but it will add to the general sense that we have a real sense of pride about who we are.

Keith_M
21-08-2017, 05:43 PM
I'm sorry, but there's really no excuse for not having litter bins. If the Club really believe they're a bomb threat, then why not make them with transparent material, so the stewards can keep an eye on what's put in them.

Or how about people just take their rubbish home with them (or to the nearest bin outside the stadium).

NAE NOOKIE
21-08-2017, 05:44 PM

Worst I've ever seen it and it looked embarrassing.

There's a theory that if you tighten up on the 'little things' - the litter, the weeds etc - then you create a culture that drives up expectations for the bigger things. I'd like us to be doing that. We have a great stadium, a great training facility, a great manager and a really decent squad. I love the fact that we've made a strategic decision to boost our community presence in recent years and get back to the ethos of why our club was formed in the first place. Ensuring we have a pristine park and stadium won't necessarily deliver us three points but it will add to the general sense that we have a real sense of pride about who we are.

Absolutely this ........... A Yam mate of mine posted some pictures of the outside of Dens park and the stairs leading to the terrace opposite the main stand last season, it was quite frankly a disgrace with discarded advertising hoardings lying around, peeling paint and weeds growing all over the place, it spoke to me of a club with no pride in itself ..... this club needs to remember that it owns the site of our biggest ever laugh at the Yams and it should be cared for accordingly :greengrin

But in all seriousness, taking care of your stadium as you say is all part of a club showing that its serious about its business and serious about the surroundings its asking its supporters to watch in ..... show me a club who neglects its ground to the extent that it cant even apply a lick of paint, pick up rubbish and pull up a few weeds and I'll show you a club destined for failure.

Keith_M
21-08-2017, 05:48 PM
A German friend visited recently and he was amazed people leave stuff under the seat - again a culture difference but if you think about it It's a very odd habit which is easily avoidable.

As somebody that lives in Germany, I'm always a bit disspointed and saddened when visiting Edinburgh, as I invariably forget how messy the place is.

As you say, it seems to be a cultural thing, where a sizeable number of Scots seem to think it's OK jut to drop litter at their feet.

ColinNish
21-08-2017, 06:13 PM

There's no bin at your seat. Put it in your pocket? Aye right, a pie or pizza tray - would like to see you do that. Plenty folk on here saying stick it under your seat. Most of the stuff swirling about on Saturday will have started its litter life under a seat - the wind was horrendous on Saturday, hence why loads of rubbish on the pitch.

Mibbes Aye
21-08-2017, 06:14 PM
Absolutely this ........... A Yam mate of mine posted some pictures of the outside of Dens park and the stairs leading to the terrace opposite the main stand last season, it was quite frankly a disgrace with discarded advertising hoardings lying around, peeling paint and weeds growing all over the place, it spoke to me of a club with no pride in itself ..... this club needs to remember that it owns the site of our biggest ever laugh at the Yams and it should be cared for accordingly :greengrin

But in all seriousness, taking care of your stadium as you say is all part of a club showing that its serious about its business and serious about the surroundings its asking its supporters to watch in ..... show me a club who neglects its ground to the extent that it cant even apply a lick of paint, pick up rubbish and pull up a few weeds and I'll show you a club destined for failure.

All part of the bigger picture. Despite our relegation travails, it feels like the club has taken great strides forward on and off the pitch in recent years.

Something seemingly little, like the fans and the club just being a bit more conscious about the state of the ground and their part in that can make a big difference. I like the fact I'm proud of where Hibs have got to, on so many fronts and hope we can build on that and tighten up in the other areas.

Had my nine year-old daughter at the game as her first season as an ST holder. maybe her fourth or fifth game and was mortified about the state of the pitch - she's been brought up to find a bin for her rubbish, not just dump it :greengrin

Smartie
21-08-2017, 06:16 PM
As somebody that lives in Germany, I'm always a bit disspointed and saddened when visiting Edinburgh, as I invariably forget how messy the place is.

As you say, it seems to be a cultural thing, where a sizeable number of Scots seem to think it's OK jut to drop litter at their feet.

I recently watched the film "Restless Natives".

One of the things that struck me about it was how neat and tidy Edinburgh looked.

Of course, it will have been tidied up a bit for the sake of a film being made.

But I honestly do think that we've grown to tolerate a lack of respect for our surroundings over the past few decades.

And it often takes going to somewhere like Germany to realise how bad it is here.

It' fairly depressing when you leave the flat in the morning and a short walk for a bus involves so much rubbish blowing around your feet whilst you try to avoid standing in the plentiful dog turds.

emerald green
21-08-2017, 06:36 PM
I'm sorry, but there's really no excuse for not having litter bins. If the Club really believe they're a bomb threat, then why not make them with transparent material, so the stewards can keep an eye on what's put in them.

Or how about people just take their rubbish home with them (or to the nearest bin outside the stadium).

The bit in bold - sadly that presupposes that some folk actually give a s*** and aren't ignorant and downright lazy.

keep the faith
21-08-2017, 07:19 PM
I watched people on Sat just literally drop or throw their napkins and trays without pausing or looking. It's amazing really.

Why can't people stick it in their pockets til they get to a bin? Napkins, crisp bags and folded foil pie trays would take no space at all.

If the fans did this and the club did a quick sweep of the pitch at half time we could eliminate this.

Players running through crisp bags and crap on Saturday was embarrassing in professional top league football and really no need with a bit of care and respect by all.

GreenCastle
21-08-2017, 10:02 PM
Do we still have fans reps?

Posted a question recently about Road Closures on match day and was ignored and nothing here either. Would be grateful if they actually responded once every so often? :tumble:

A simple - keep Leith and Hibs clean - free from rubbish and recycle campaign would be a good initiative for the club.

Green and Purple bins and people can make more of an effort to put their junk food wrappers away.

It's just laziness / people being thoughtless but when it affects viewing and attracts plenty of sea gulls the club should be looking for a solution (few signs up around the stand / website post etc).

GreenCastle
21-08-2017, 11:12 PM

Posted a question recently about Road Closures on match day and was ignored and nothing here either. Would be grateful if they actually responded once every so often? :tumble:

A simple - keep Leith and Hibs clean - free from rubbish and recycle campaign would be a good initiative for the club.

Green and Purple bins and people can make more of an effort to put their junk food wrappers away.

It's just laziness / people being thoughtless but when it affects viewing and attracts plenty of sea gulls the club should be looking for a solution (few signs up around the stand / website post etc).

sadtom
22-08-2017, 03:04 AM
There's no bin at your seat. Put it in your pocket? Aye right, a pie or pizza tray - would like to see you do that. Plenty folk on here saying stick it under your seat. Most of the stuff swirling about on Saturday will have started its litter life under a seat - the wind was horrendous on Saturday, hence why loads of rubbish on the pitch.

Och well, just chuck aw the sh**e on the park then.

Seriously, its not rocket science. You can put the appropriate stuff in yer pocket, crisp bags, wrappers and paper bags. the messier stuff you can 'ball up' and put under the seat, it wont blow away and even if it did it wouldnt make it over the front wall onto the park. I didn't think it needed illustration.

Johnny Clash
22-08-2017, 08:16 AM

I think you're always best emailing our Supporters Reps direct mate with any issue you want a response to.

Tracey Smith – tsmith@hibernianfc.co.uk
Frank Dougan – fdougan@hibernianfc.co.uk

Keith_M
22-08-2017, 08:19 AM
There are bins in the stadium. In the concourse.
bins in the seating area would represent an additional hazard in any evacuation, would incur costs to empty/clean them and attract vermin.
then they would still have to clean up after the lazy ****s who didn't use them so what's the point.

you are absolutely right, people should take their rubbish away and dispose of it responsibly.

Cheers

:aok:

I have to admit to not paying much attention, as I never really buy anything from the kiosks, other than an occassional coffee and it's easy enough to take a squashed coffee cup away with you.

Maybe we could join with the club in having a campaign to keep the stadium clean and tidy on matchdays. I'm happy to contribute a wee marketting style slogan...

"Keep it Clean, Keep it Green!"

You're welcome :wink:

hughio
22-08-2017, 08:41 AM
Cheers

:aok:

I have to admit to not paying much attention, as I never really buy anything from the kiosks, other than an occassional coffee and it's easy enough to take a squashed coffee cup away with you.

Maybe we could join with the club in having a campaign to keep the stadium clean and tidy on matchdays. I'm happy to contribute a wee marketting style slogan...

"Keep it Clean, Keep it Green!"

You're welcome :wink:

Not a bad effort but I like

"TidyER"
suggested above.

No offence:aok:

Kavinho
22-08-2017, 08:58 AM
tidyER!

Thats a marketing campaign strapline right there

Carheenlea
22-08-2017, 09:06 AM
Easter Road must be the only place I leave my litter (pie foil/bovril cup). Knowing that the steps are swept after the match is a pretty feeble excuse, but it doesn't feel like throwing litter away on the street or out a car window. If there were was to be more bins provided and a request to dispose of litter in them then I would be inclined to dispose of it myself, but I can't honestly say I've ever seen anyone walking out the stand into concourse armed with litter. That can change though.

Smartie
22-08-2017, 09:53 AM
Easter Road must be the only place I leave my litter (pie foil/bovril cup). Knowing that the steps are swept after the match is a pretty feeble excuse, but it doesn't feel like throwing litter away on the street or out a car window. If there were was to be more bins provided and a request to dispose of litter in them then I would be inclined to dispose of it myself, but I can't honestly say I've ever seen anyone walking out the stand into concourse armed with litter. That can change though.

Yes, ER and the cinema.

Is it not expected that you just leave all your rubbish at your feet when you leave the cinema?

I say that as someone who would never, ever drop litter anywhere else.

Was the problem not just that it was windier than normal, so the usual amount of litter just happened to find its way onto the pitch?

On a less windy day there will be no problem?

WhileTheChief..
22-08-2017, 01:10 PM
Are folk really suggesting that the club should lead a campaign against litter????

Bad enough with the NHS hub, sensory room, breast feeding, kids zone etc.

Is this is what being a community club means?

#oldschool

CropleyWasGod
22-08-2017, 01:13 PM
Are folk really suggesting that the club should lead a campaign against litter????

Bad enough with the NHS hub, sensory room, breast feeding, kids zone etc.

Is this is what being a community club means?

#oldschool

Bad enough? IMO, all of those initiatives are worthwhile and admirable.

Is keeping our house tidy not something to aspire to?

WhileTheChief..
22-08-2017, 01:19 PM
The rubbish is cleared up at the end of each game.

Lead a campaign to keep Leith clean? Nah, thats a job for the council.

As for these other initiatives, give me a bar and a smoking areas over breast feeding facilities every time!!

#workingmansgame

CropleyWasGod
22-08-2017, 01:21 PM

As for these other initiatives, give me a bar and a smoking areas over breast feeding facilities every time!!

#workingmansgame

This ad has been brought to you by the 1954 branch of the HSC. :greengrin

Iggy Pope
22-08-2017, 09:21 PM

#workingmansgame

Hey Working Man.
I sit at the front of the FF Upper and it's a **** stained health hazard.
Want to earn a few old school bobs and clean it for me?

WhileTheChief..
22-08-2017, 09:27 PM
If you sit there then clean up after yourself ;)

Iggy Pope
22-08-2017, 09:29 PM
If you sit there then clean up after yourself ;)

Silent h in sit?

WhileTheChief..
22-08-2017, 09:31 PM
:top marks