PDA

View Full Version : Hospitalty

Stoney Hibee
20-08-2017, 04:03 PM
I always assumed all the blacks seats in the West Upper was for hospitality people. At yesterday's game, Hospitality was sold out, yet the seats in that section were half empty.

Given these are some of the best seats in the stadium it seems ridiculous they lie empty week after week. Is there no way these could be put on sale to others?

Real Emerald
20-08-2017, 04:09 PM
I always assumed all the blacks seats in the West Upper was for hospitality people. At yesterday's game, Hospitality was sold out, yet the seats in that section were half empty.

Given these are some of the best seats in the stadium it seems ridiculous they lie empty week after week. Is there no way these could be put on sale to others?
They don't cater for as many as they used to so when they say hospitality is sold out they mean the numbers they're catering for. This however is not related to the number of black seats in the West stand.

Malthibby
20-08-2017, 04:20 PM
They don't cater for as many as they used to so when they say hospitality is sold out they mean the numbers they're catering for. This however is not related to the number of black seats in the West stand.

Which takes us back to the OP's query - is there a way of selling more of these seats?
GG

johnbc70
20-08-2017, 04:25 PM
I was a walk up yesterday and had a pretty rubbish view in the South. If they said for a few extra pounds I could have 'upgraded' to the West I would have.

Real Emerald
20-08-2017, 04:27 PM
Which takes us back to the OP's query - is there a way of selling more of these seats?
GG

They're missing a trick if they don't and I'm sure folk would be prepared to pay a premium price for them.

Sammy7nil
20-08-2017, 05:36 PM
They give out comps for that area

Ronniekirk
20-08-2017, 07:22 PM

Well they ain't giving them to the right folk as they clearly aren't turning up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mick O'Rourke
20-08-2017, 08:14 PM

I was in that section yesterday
It was an unexpected comp.given to me just 15 minutes before the game
There were plenty of empty seats around me
It was players (both teams) and relatives/friends. A lot of kids too

Forza Fred
21-08-2017, 09:05 AM
I was in that section yesterday
It was an unexpected comp.given to me just 15 minutes before the game
There were plenty of empty seats around me
It was players (both teams) and relatives/friends. A lot of kids too

Mick O'Rourke sitting with the Toffs!?

Never thought I'd see the day.........:greengrin

Mick O'Rourke
21-08-2017, 09:38 AM
Mick O'Rourke sitting with the Toffs!?

Never thought I'd see the day.........:greengrin

That makes two of us.!!
Pity the game did not match the great view i had.

hughio
21-08-2017, 11:39 AM
It's a good point and one of my bug bears.

Why on earth should the best seats lie empty?
if comps are to be handed out fine.If they dont turn up by 15 mins before their seat will be sold tell them.
It's dispiriting for the ordinary fan to sit and look at all these better seats unoccupied when he's paid hard earned cash for his inferior pew.
It also looks rubbish to see these big gaps.

A system for getting that big black gap filled shouldn't be too difficult.
Sell them last minute at a premium for example.

BSEJVT
21-08-2017, 03:29 PM
It's a good point and one of my bug bears.

Why on earth should the best seats lie empty?
if comps are to be handed out fine.If they dont turn up by 15 mins before their seat will be sold tell them.
It's dispiriting for the ordinary fan to sit and look at all these better seats unoccupied when he's paid hard earned cash for his inferior pew.
It also looks rubbish to see these big gaps.

A system for getting that big black gap filled shouldn't be too difficult.
Sell them last minute at a premium for example.

The simple solution would be to restrict the number of them which are available for all games and then sell premium season tickets for those that are freed up

If they still want that area to be differentiated for comp tickets only again restrict the number sold and rip out either the front few or back few rows and replace them with the standard green seating and sell those as normal season tickets

Mick O'Rourke
21-08-2017, 05:51 PM
I agree with comments of posts #11 and#12

It would be interesting to know how many comps. are given to players and staff.
Both of Hibernian and opposing teams..and others
They are great seats and if not being used by the above ,they should be offered to "fans"
But like the guy that gave me the comp. just before kick off, if i did not take the seat,it would have been vacant.
I suspect many were like that. No shows!!

Hibernian maybe need to look at the general issue of comps.and how many they dish out, given the match.

Probably in Cat A games, the section will be fuller.
None the less, the club must have known that section would not be "full" on Saturday

Tin hat time.

I might add a number of people who were sat near me did not appear to have much interest on what was happenning on the pitch.

Wives, wags and kids !!
The i phone seemed to be more popular!!

In saying that, i lost a bit of interest too.
But PERSEVERED.....

Until the 3rd goal went in !

brianmc
21-08-2017, 06:09 PM
I really don't see this as much of an issue to be honest. And I can say wholeheartedly they I've never been dispirited by the number of people sitting in the 'posh' seats!
It WOULD become an issue if we were selling out EVERY home game and had a waiting list for tickets... But in the mean time? It's a nope from me.