PDA

View Full Version : Player ratings .. Hamilton game

NAE NOOKIE
20-08-2017, 11:20 AM
Rocky ....... 8 ....... Made some brilliant saves and absolutely blameless for that shambles, even Gianluigi Buffon wouldn't have kept a clean sheet with that mess in front of him.

Whittaker .... 5 ..... One decent pass and a very good tackle in the first half, but not terribly effective apart from that.

Ambrose ..... 5 ...... And lucky to get that, poor defensively ... what was in his mind when he tried to beat two Hamilton forwards on the east stand touchline when he had an easy out ball?, by the time he had stopped faffing about we were in all sorts of bother .. he has to cut this crap out.

Hanlon ..... 5 ..... A player I admire, but that was his poorest game for a long time, what the hell was he thinking with the pass that gifted Hamilton the 2nd?

McGregor .... 6 ...... The pick of a bad bunch on the day, but even he had a few poor moments ... I was too far away to see if his penalty challenge was daft or not.

Stevenson .... 6 ..... Gave his all as he always does, his crossing was poor but we had worse on the pitch.

McGeouch ..... 7 .... Probably our best player in the first half, not sure why he was hooked because it could have been anybody else before him.

McGinn ..... 6 .... A shadow of the player he has been since the season started, by the time he did start to show something we were already 1 - 3 down and it was too late.

Swanson ..... 4 ...... I'm struggling to see what it is Danny is supposed to be adding to this team, in every game I've seen him in he has been pretty average to say the least and the 'trying too hard' tag is beginning to wear off for me.

Murray ..... 5 .... Missed a decent chance with a first half header and didn't appear to show the energy he has in previous games ... not all his fault though because he had next to no service.

Stokes .... 5 ...... Sorry but I expect much much more from a player of his experience and ability, he was absolutely anonymous for huge chunks of the game and when he did get a chance his shooting was powder puff weak .... I hope match fitness is his problem because so far what we are getting is not worth the time effort and money we have expended getting him to sign .... took his goal well, which is why its a 5 and not a 4.

SUBS:

Barker ..... 4 ...... Showed in flashes what we might be able to expect from him, but if he thought the Scottish premiership was going to be a cakewalk he will have had his eyes well and truly opened yesterday.

Slivka .... 5 ..... Did his best to make an impression when he came on and after witnessing the 2nd half shambles which proceeded his introduction he's entitled to be asking what he has to do to be a regular starter.

Matulevicius ... 5 .... He made a difference and set up Stokes for his goal ... unlucky not to have been brought on earlier IMO.

Neil Lennon ...... 5 .... Half the teams that come to Easter Road are going to play the way Hamilton did yesterday, it was like watching one of our league games from the last two seasons, apart from the fact that Hamilton clearly have the quality they didn't and boy did it show in the way they executed their game plan. He will know he has to come up with better than this if we are to gain the points, especially at home, we will need to finish in a European place.

I'm not panicking yet though ...... That's the team and performance slated, which is what they deserved, but I know we can play a lot lot better than that .... We have still had a decent start to the season if you swap yesterday for a defeat at Ibrox, but now we have to learn and realise that you get nothing for nothing in this league ..... learn and we will be fine, fail to learn and it will be a long season.

3pm
20-08-2017, 11:24 AM
Generous.

Hfcwilson3192
20-08-2017, 11:26 AM
They were all rank rotten.

lord bunberry
20-08-2017, 12:27 PM
Not one player got pass marks for me

scoopyboy
20-08-2017, 12:36 PM
Not one player got pass marks for me

Don't think Rocky has anything to answer for, other than that I agree that no outfield player that started the game got pass marks.

bookert
20-08-2017, 12:39 PM
Rocky ....... 8 ....... Made some brilliant saves and absolutely blameless for that shambles, even Gianluigi Buffon wouldn't have kept a clean sheet with that mess in front of him.

Whittaker .... 5 ..... One decent pass and a very good tackle in the first half, but not terribly effective apart from that.

Ambrose ..... 5 ...... And lucky to get that, poor defensively ... what was in his mind when he tried to beat two Hamilton forwards on the east stand touchline when he had an easy out ball?, by the time he had stopped faffing about we were in all sorts of bother .. he has to cut this crap out.

Hanlon ..... 5 ..... A player I admire, but that was his poorest game for a long time, what the hell was he thinking with the pass that gifted Hamilton the 2nd?

McGregor .... 6 ...... The pick of a bad bunch on the day, but even he had a few poor moments ... I was too far away to see if his penalty challenge was daft or not.

Stevenson .... 6 ..... Gave his all as he always does, his crossing was poor but we had worse on the pitch.

McGeouch ..... 7 .... Probably our best player in the first half, not sure why he was hooked because it could have been anybody else before him.

McGinn ..... 6 .... A shadow of the player he has been since the season started, by the time he did start to show something we were already 1 - 3 down and it was too late.

Swanson ..... 4 ...... I'm struggling to see what it is Danny is supposed to be adding to this team, in every game I've seen him in he has been pretty average to say the least and the 'trying too hard' tag is beginning to wear off for me.

Murray ..... 5 .... Missed a decent chance with a first half header and didn't appear to show the energy he has in previous games ... not all his fault though because he had next to no service.

Stokes .... 5 ...... Sorry but I expect much much more from a player of his experience and ability, he was absolutely anonymous for huge chunks of the game and when he did get a chance his shooting was powder puff weak .... I hope match fitness is his problem because so far what we are getting is not worth the time effort and money we have expended getting him to sign .... took his goal well, which is why its a 5 and not a 4.

SUBS:

Barker ..... 4 ...... Showed in flashes what we might be able to expect from him, but if he thought the Scottish premiership was going to be a cakewalk he will have had his eyes well and truly opened yesterday.

Slivka .... 5 ..... Did his best to make an impression when he came on and after witnessing the 2nd half shambles which proceeded his introduction he's entitled to be asking what he has to do to be a regular starter.

Matulevicius ... 5 .... He made a difference and set up Stokes for his goal ... unlucky not to have been brought on earlier IMO.

Neil Lennon ...... 5 .... Half the teams that come to Easter Road are going to play the way Hamilton did yesterday, it was like watching one of our league games from the last two seasons, apart from the fact that Hamilton clearly have the quality they didn't and boy did it show in the way they executed their game plan. He will know he has to come up with better than this if we are to gain the points, especially at home, we will need to finish in a European place.

I'm not panicking yet though ...... That's the team and performance slated, which is what they deserved, but I know we can play a lot lot better than that .... We have still had a decent start to the season if you swap yesterday for a defeat at Ibrox, but now we have to learn and realise that you get nothing for nothing in this league ..... learn and we will be fine, fail to learn and it will be a long season.
Would agree with most of this.

SeanWilson
20-08-2017, 12:40 PM
Personally though SJM played ok, wasn't helped by the fact that to a man everyone around him were having a howler. DMcG didn't play any better than john.

Centre Hawf
20-08-2017, 12:50 PM
I would lower everyones ratings by two and i agree.

Jones28
20-08-2017, 01:30 PM
All 3s and 4s for me, other than rocky who gets a 6

20-08-2017, 01:42 PM

SUBS:

Some very generous ratings there IMO.

Rocky - Didn't really do anything wrong in fairness, not at fault for the goals.

Whittaker - Shocker from him

Ambrose - Very shaky

Hanlon - Howler for the 2nd

Stevenson - Tried but a poor day for him

McGreagor - Won everything in the air as usual but otherwise an off day by his standards

McGeough - Not the worst on the park but gave the ball away more times than I can remember

McGinn - Made some good runs through the middle

Stokes - Disapppointing and sadly didn't look too interested. Perhaps we need to tell him every week that we're playing Sevco?

Murray - Very quiet

Swanson - Passenger

Sorry if that sounds harsh but I'm really struggling to find positive points, an all round very poor show.

Onion
20-08-2017, 01:49 PM
Echo others, those scores are overly generous. Every Hibs player fell well short of their own standards by some distance and some were simply rotten. Would have been with rights to withhold the MOTM announcement, as anyone chosen from he Hibs side would be embarrassed by it.

In saying all that, Lennon needs to score a 1 / 10 for team set-up, substitutions and motivation.

gordonced18
20-08-2017, 02:07 PM
Agree the changes were a bit strange.... Stokes clearly isn't match fit yet so maybe not a good idea to start him.....Swanson will be better sooner rather than later. Hamilton crowded the ball and we didn't cope with it. We wanted to pick the killer rather than simple pass and ended up doing neither. Any Dundee next week away so they might have to open up a bit and they are pish so let's get back on track then....

Sent from my Lenovo YT3-X50F using Tapatalk

NAE NOOKIE
20-08-2017, 02:09 PM
Echo others, those scores are overly generous. Every Hibs player fell well short of their own standards by some distance and some were simply rotten. Would have been with rights to withhold the MOTM announcement, as anyone chosen from he Hibs side would be embarrassed by it.

In saying all that, Lennon needs to score a 1 / 10 for team set-up, substitutions and motivation.

Aye, but apart from that did you think we were any good :greengrin

Seriously though, if I give a player a 5 you can pretty well take it as read I was far from impressed ... I usually start from a 3 for turning up and getting picked.

hibsbollah
21-08-2017, 10:48 AM
Aye, but apart from that did you think we were any good :greengrin

Seriously though, if I give a player a 5 you can pretty well take it as read I was far from impressed ... I usually start from a 3 for turning up and getting picked.

I don't understand giving player ratings like that, where a kujabi-like disaster merits a 4 and 'Latapy in the 6-2' merits a 7. There were a handful of players yesterday including all 3 cbs who fell so far from their usual standards I'd struggle to rate them at all. Just rank rotten all over the pitch.

NAE NOOKIE
21-08-2017, 12:13 PM
I don't understand giving player ratings like that, where a kujabi-like disaster merits a 4 and 'Latapy in the 6-2' merits a 7. There were a handful of players yesterday including all 3 cbs who fell so far from their usual standards I'd struggle to rate them at all. Just rank rotten all over the pitch.

I'm just a nice person hibsbollah ... its all rainbows and Unicorns with me :greengrin