PDA

View Full Version : Team for Dundee next week

RamYer1902
20-08-2017, 09:52 AM
A few changes for me but nothing drastic as we've still had a very positive start to the season.

Marciano

Ambrose
McGregor
Fontaine

Whittaker
Slivka
McGeouch
McGinn
Stevenson

Murray
Stokes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stuart93
20-08-2017, 10:01 AM
Maybe back to 442 diamond for me, we seem to play our best when we use that formation.

Rocky

Whittaker
Mcgregor
Hanlon/ambrose
Stevenson

Bartley
Mcgeouch
Mcginn
Boyle (if fit)

Stokes
Murray

I struggled between ambrose or Hanlon.

alihibs1
20-08-2017, 10:01 AM
Marciano

Gray
Mcgregor
Hanlon
Stevenson

Bartley
Mcginn
Mcgeouch
Slivka

Murray
Stokes

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

neil7908
20-08-2017, 10:19 AM
I'd be going 4-3-3 if Boyle is fit:

Marciano

Whittaker Ambrose Hanlon Stevenson

McGeough Bartley/Slivka McGinn

Boyle Murray Stokes

jarre1875
20-08-2017, 10:29 AM
I feel Sdg should come back n move whitty a wee bit more forward or use vyky from the start. Boyle if fit as he seems a different player this season n we badly missed his pace yesterday. So for me my team would be

Rocky.

Sdg hanlon daz lewy

Vyk dylan sjm squirrel

Simon n stokes

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Hfcwilson3192
20-08-2017, 10:46 AM
Marciano

Gray
Mcgregor
Hanlon
Whittaker

Boyle
Mcginn
Bartley
Barker

Murray
Big Dave

overdrive
20-08-2017, 10:48 AM
Marciano

Gray
McGregor
Hanlon
Stevenson or Whittaker

Boyle
Slivkas
McGinn
McGeough

Murray
Big Dave

J-C
20-08-2017, 10:49 AM
I think he'll stick to 3-5-2 but I'd go 4-3-3

Marciano

Gray
McGregor
Fontaine
Stevenson

Slivka
McGeouch
McGinn

Boyle
Stokes
Murray

IAmLee
20-08-2017, 11:14 AM
Rocky

Gray
McGregor
Hanlon
Stevenson

Bartley

Boyle (slivka if not fit)
McGeouch
McGinn

Stokes
Murray

MacGruber
20-08-2017, 12:40 PM
We say we have a strong squad and there's good players waiting in the wings which keeps performance levels up. That's a great place to be but only of it's applied in practice.
Those waiting should get the shirt now after that game.
Fontaine, SDG, Slivka, Boyle, Bartley, Big Davey should all be disappointed if the guys infront of them aren't dropped.

Rocky

SDG
MacGregor
Fontaine
Stevenson

McGinn
Bartley
Boyle
Slivka

Murray
Big Davey

danhibees1875
20-08-2017, 12:43 PM
Rocky
SDG McGregor Hanlon Whittaker
Bartley
Boyle(hopefully, or McGeoch) Mcginn slivka
Stokes Murray

Heisenberg
20-08-2017, 01:17 PM
Marciano

Gray
Ambrose
Hanlon
Stevenson

Bartley
McGinn
McGeough

Stokes
Murray
Boyle

Libby Hibby
20-08-2017, 01:20 PM
4-3-3

Marciano

Gray
Ambrose
McGregor
Stevenson

McGinn
Bartley
Slivka

Murray
Stokes
Boyle

spudhib
20-08-2017, 01:21 PM
Rocky
Gray. McGregor Hanlon. Whittaker
Mcgeouch Bartley Mcginn
Boyle Murray Swanson

B.H.F.C
20-08-2017, 01:29 PM
Not entirely sure what I'd do. If Boyle is fit I'd like him back in the side.

Likewise Marv. I think yesterday showed that all the chat of not needing him in certain games is a bit wide of the mark. We need need to sort out the defensive side and him in front of the defence can play a major part in that.

Not a single player can complain if they're left out after that performance yesterday.

Hfcwilson3192
20-08-2017, 01:35 PM

Likewise Marv. I think yesterday showed that all the chat of not needing him in certain games is a bit wide of the mark. We need need to sort out the defensive side and him in front of the defence can play a major part in that.

Not a single player can complain if they're left out after that performance yesterday. aye marvellous marv was missed big time yisterday like

Billy Whizz
20-08-2017, 01:46 PM
Players in training today

Theinsider
20-08-2017, 01:47 PM

So they should be.

Danderhall Hibs
20-08-2017, 01:49 PM

Double session I heard?

heretoday
20-08-2017, 01:56 PM
We say we have a strong squad and there's good players waiting in the wings which keeps performance levels up. That's a great place to be but only of it's applied in practice.
Those waiting should get the shirt now after that game.
Fontaine, SDG, Slivka, Boyle, Bartley, Big Davey should all be disappointed if the guys infront of them aren't dropped.

Rocky

SDG
MacGregor
Fontaine
Stevenson

McGinn
Bartley
Boyle
Slivka

Murray
Big Davey

I concur with that.

Billy Whizz
20-08-2017, 02:00 PM
Double session I heard?

It wasn't

gordonced18
20-08-2017, 02:19 PM
Slivka has to be the first name on the team sheet, no coincidence that we started to play better when he came on..... Play with a central midfield of him and the two McG's.... Any one of yesterday's back three could be left out without complaint and maybe SDG right wing back and Danny on the left....we have a decent squad so let's use it

Sent from my Lenovo YT3-X50F using Tapatalk

danhibees1875
20-08-2017, 02:27 PM

We didn't get the result we wanted yesterday, but that doesn't take away the body's need for rest. Nor will it do much for squad harmony.

Not a good decision if true (no reason to believe you've made it up).

emerald green
20-08-2017, 02:39 PM
I've not got a clue how Hibs should line up at Dens. I'll leave that to Lennon.

However, one thing will definitely need to change very quickly from yesterday, and that's the players attitude and mentality.

Billy Whizz
20-08-2017, 02:44 PM
We didn't get the result we wanted yesterday, but that doesn't take away the body's need for rest. Nor will it do much for squad harmony.

Didn't make it up
It's not an usual thing for the players to be in on a Sunday

cabbageandribs1875
20-08-2017, 02:47 PM

what a bummer, training 2 days running :devil:

Danderhall Hibs
20-08-2017, 02:57 PM
Loads of folk dropping Stokes from their team but McGinn keeps his place?

Hibs90
20-08-2017, 02:59 PM
GK Marciano

RB Gray
RCB McGregor
LCB Hanlon
LB Stevenson

DM Bartley

CM McGinn
CM McGeouch
CM Slivka

Murray
Big Davy

lucky
20-08-2017, 03:29 PM
There's no way Lennon is going to drop Ambrose, Whittaker and Stokes. If he changes to a back 4 I think it will be McGregor that makes way. In midfield Swanson might make way for Slivka. Boyle might make the bench but Bartley won't.

MacGruber
20-08-2017, 03:34 PM

True. For me McGinn tried but was poor. Stokes was poor and didn't look like the attitude/effort was there either for large parts. Of course it may have just looked that way to me and he was giving his all

NAE NOOKIE
20-08-2017, 03:43 PM

McGinn has been excellent this season right up until yesterday ... can the same be said for Stokes?

Marciano

Gray
McGregor
Hanlon
Stevenson

Slivka
McGinn
McGeouch
Boyle if fit .... if not Bartley

Murray
Big Dave

I wouldn't start the following players for the following reasons:

Stokes ......... He just hasn't shown much at all for me since his arrival and has been close to a passenger in our last two games, I can see no reason not to give big Dave a chance just to accommodate a player who so far isn't bringing it.

Ambrose ...... I actually think he is a decent defender when he screws the nut, but he is letting his old habit of playing himself and us into trouble by making stupid choices in stupid areas get the better of him and he needs to be reined in .... perhaps finding out he isn't undroppable will concentrate his mind.

Swanson .... Sorry Danny, I know you love the Hibs, but that's not enough to convince me you have been an asset to the team since arriving .. Slivka deserves at least a chance on what he has shown, so yer oot mate.

Whittaker .... I don't think he is as fit as he can be, if he is then he isn't the player I hoped we were getting. I'm convinced David Gray is quicker, a better defender and brings just as much in attack ... Time to give him a chance to reclaim the shirt IMO.

It isn't lost on me that all 4 of these players are Neil Lennon signings and at least 3 of them are probably the top earners at the club, but if he has any nous at all he cant let either pride or sentiment get in the way of what heeds to be done and if that means leaving half our wage budget on the bench then so be it.

frazeHFC
20-08-2017, 03:56 PM
Marciano

Gray
McGreggor
Hanlon
Stevenson

Bartley
McGinn
McGeoch
Slivka
(Diamond with Bartley holding and Slivka attacking)

Boyle
Murray

Hi Heid Yin
20-08-2017, 04:12 PM
Marciano

Gray
Mcgregor
Hanlon
Stevenson

Bartley
Mcginn
Mcgeouch
Slivka

Murray
Stokes

That's my line up too.

hhibs
20-08-2017, 04:51 PM

Not a single player can complain if they're left out after that performance yesterday.

:top marks

S4uzee
20-08-2017, 05:00 PM
Marciano

Gray
McGregor
Hanlon
Stevenson

McGeouch
Bartley
McGinn

Boyle
Murray
Swanson

However, it appears that Ambrose/Stokes will be never be dropped

Sir David Gray
20-08-2017, 05:05 PM
Slivka, Bartley and Boyle come in to the side if they're all available.

Billy Whizz
20-08-2017, 05:13 PM
Slivka, Bartley and Boyle come in to the side if they're all available.

Who are you dropping for them

Danderhall Hibs
20-08-2017, 05:16 PM
McGinn has been excellent this season right up until yesterday ... can the same be said for Stokes?

He's only played 3 games and scored in 2 of them? 1 poor game and he's out?

McGinn's played what, 7 games? Does that mean he has to have 2 bad games to be dropped?

dmc1875
20-08-2017, 05:41 PM

Yup think that was sprung upon them at full time yesterday and rightfully
So

number9dream
20-08-2017, 05:53 PM
Dundee are going to be fired up, looking for their first points.
Scott Allan may be struggling for confidence though - missed a sitter yesterday and a penalty the week before.
The guy who didn't knock it out of play when they were down to 9 men and conceded will be feeling like a proper chump.
Not sure about personnel but the attitude needs to be better and the defence needs to be fully focused. Shocking lapses from McGregor and Hanlon on Saturday.
I think one of those two may be dropped.
Swanson did his best work cutting in from the left for St Johnstone.
12:30 on a Sunday is a terrible time for a game...

cleanyman
20-08-2017, 05:57 PM
Dundee blew it

Tough game next week

Jones28
20-08-2017, 05:59 PM

Tbf, I think our coaching experts have probably got a good idea of what's right and wrong. I've been at east mains several times the day after games and the players have been in on a couple of occasions.

Jones28
20-08-2017, 06:10 PM
I'd drop the wing back idea against Dundee and go for a 442

Rocky
Gray Fontaine Ambrose Whittiker
Boyle/Barker Bartley Slivka McGinn/Barker
Dave Murray

I think Lennon has to show that kind of performance is unacceptable and will result in players being dropped.

Defensively I think Fonts deserves his chance after the shambles that was yesterday. Ambrose was the only one of the 3 centre backs that didn't gift a goal away so he stays in the team as long as he remembers he's not ****ing Maradona. Move Whittiker across for a bit more composure on the left as I felt Lewis was panicked yesterday and bring back the skipper.

Midfield was awful and by far our weakest point as a whole yesterday so bring back Marv if he's fit, Slivka starts and McGinn is capable of making things happen so he can start wide left in front of Whittaker. Barker or Boyle on the other wing.

dmc1875
20-08-2017, 06:10 PM

Yup think that was sprung upon them at full time yesterday and rightfully
So

Sir David Gray
20-08-2017, 08:16 PM
Who are you dropping for them

I would replace Ambrose, Swanson and Stokes with them.

Marciano

Stevenson
Hanlon
McGregor
Whittaker

Bartley
Slivka
McGeouch
McGinn
Boyle

Murray

ancient hibee
20-08-2017, 08:29 PM

Marciano

Gray
McGregor
Hanlon
Stevenson

Slivka
McGinn
McGeouch

Murray
Big Dave

Stokes ......... He just hasn't shown much at all for me since his arrival and has been close to a passenger in our last two games, I can see no reason not to give big Dave a chance just to accommodate a player who so far isn't bringing it.

Ambrose ...... I actually think he is a decent defender when he screws the nut, but he is letting his old habit of playing himself and us into trouble by making stupid choices in stupid areas get the better of him and he needs to be reined in .... perhaps finding out he isn't undroppable will concentrate his mind.

Swanson .... Sorry Danny, I know you love the Hibs, but that's not enough to convince me you have been an asset to the team since arriving .. Slivka deserves at least a chance on what he has shown, so yer oot mate.

Whittaker .... I don't think he is as fit as he can be, if he is then he isn't the player I hoped we were getting. I'm convinced David Gray is quicker, a better defender and brings just as much in attack ... Time to give him a chance to reclaim the shirt IMO.

It isn't lost on me that all 4 of these players are Neil Lennon signings and at least 3 of them are probably the top earners at the club, but if he has any nous at all he cant let either pride or sentiment get in the way of what heeds to be done and if that means leaving half our wage budget on the bench then so be it.
I really don't understand your reasoning. Stokes has scored three goals in two games,almost half our total.Ambrose may get himself into trouble but usually gets himself out while McGregor gave away a penalty with a stupid tackle and Hanlon should have put the ball out of the park.Yet you and plenty others want to retain the two defenders most at fault.Both Whittaker and Swanson need to get fitter,there's no doubt about that.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
20-08-2017, 10:58 PM
Marciano

Whittaker
Hanlon
McGregor
Stevenson

McGeouch
Slivka
McGinn

Barker

Stokes
Murray

Nicho87
20-08-2017, 11:01 PM
Marciano

Gray
McGregor
Fontaine
Stevenson

Bartley

Slivka
Mcgeouch
McGinn

Murray
Stokes

Mikey09
20-08-2017, 11:14 PM

Marciano

Gray
McGregor
Hanlon
Stevenson

Slivka
McGinn
McGeouch

Murray
Big Dave

You are joking aye?!

NAE NOOKIE
20-08-2017, 11:51 PM
He's only played 3 games and scored in 2 of them? 1 poor game and he's out?

McGinn's played what, 7 games? Does that mean he has to have 2 bad games to be dropped?

The two situations are entirely different ... McGinn has been excellent since the start of the season and you don't drop a player after one bad game, especially one who is so much more likely to come back in the next game with a good performance.

Stokes scored yesterday, but in the two full league games he has played he has been far from effective as a team player ... he has had two poor games IMO not one and I think its because he isn't fit enough ..... I cant see any harm in giving him a place on the bench and letting big Dave have a go, he has looked up for it when he has come on and IMO he has to be an option until Stokes regains his mojo.

NAE NOOKIE
20-08-2017, 11:57 PM
I really don't understand your reasoning. Stokes has scored three goals in two games,almost half our total.Ambrose may get himself into trouble but usually gets himself out while McGregor gave away a penalty with a stupid tackle and Hanlon should have put the ball out of the park.Yet you and plenty others want to retain the two defenders most at fault.Both Whittaker and Swanson need to get fitter,there's no doubt about that.

The only thing I have against Ambrose is that he seems to be getting more and more determined to put himself into trouble with silly stuff under little or no pressure. Yes Hanlon and McGregor both had aberrations on Saturday, but by and large they are both pretty solid and have played many games together .... I'm not going to suggest a player is left out for one clanger in a game .... I just think we should go with tried and tested for a bit.

NAE NOOKIE
21-08-2017, 12:01 AM
You are joking aye?!

What, so you are saying David Gray, Paul Hanlon, Darren McGregor and Lewis Stevenson couldn't be a decent back four? I get folk disagreeing with my opinion on who to leave out or who comes in ....... but the last time I looked that joke along with Liam Fontaine was the defence that won us the Scottish cup and got us out of the Championship.

The Leith Dutch
21-08-2017, 08:05 AM
Marciano in goals is a given and then my next name down would be Slivka.
He's looked excellent when he's played for us - reads the game well, excellent passing and a lot of drive.

The real question marks are surely around defence.

I'd go 4 at the back where everyone is clear on their defensive role and then stick Bartley in to break up play with Slivka, McGinn and McGeough running the midfield.

Marciano
Whittaker - Hanlon - McGregor - Stevenson
Bartley
Slivka - McGinn - McGeough
Stokes - Murray

My other question mark is up front - wondering if Matulevicius is worth a shout.
I reckon we need to start introducing him to get teams uncertain about how we'll play - setting up to defend against a target man is very different from defending against pace. Also be interesting to see if he can develop an understaning with one or both of Murray and Stokes.

JDHibs
21-08-2017, 08:32 AM
Rocky

Whittaker
Fonts
Porteous
Stevenson

Sliva
F Murray
McGinn
Baxter

Big davey
S Murray

Make a load of changes from the team on Saturday who clearly couldnt be bothered.

Stokes and Swanson were horrendous. Hanlon/Efe/McGregor were all over the place. McGregor was stupid for the penalty and Hanlon gifted them their 2nd.

We have a big squad, show each one of them that they need to be on form to keep their place! If we dont they will get complacent.

Brightside
21-08-2017, 08:35 AM
He wont drop Ambrose....he should...but he wont.

SRHibs
21-08-2017, 08:36 AM
Either Porteous or Fonts has to get a run out after Saturday, IMO. Would be disappointed if Slivka didn't start too.

superfurryhibby
21-08-2017, 08:46 AM

I thought Mc Ginn was OK, showed his strength and class, very little support from the other midfielders. Stokes was poor, but Murray was way worse. His touch was shocking and he contributed very little.

I would have Slivka in for Swanson, Gray in at right back and switch Whittaker over to the left. The rest of them can start again.

CorrieHibs
22-08-2017, 09:12 PM
Rocky

Gray Hanlon McGregor Stevenson

Bartley

Whittaker mcginn mcgeouch Swanson

Murray

ancient hibee
22-08-2017, 09:29 PM
One thing sure is we don't want four players in the starting line up who have the chance of playing in an international a few days later.

calumhibee1
22-08-2017, 09:31 PM
Rocky

Whittaker
McGregor
Ambrose
Stevenson

McGinn
McGeough
Slivka

Boyle
Murray
Stokes

If Boyle wasn't fit then Barker on the right with Stokes on the left.

Big L
22-08-2017, 09:44 PM
Rocky

Gray McGregor Hanlon Whittaker

Bartley

Boyle Slivka McGinn Barker

Murray

S4uzee
22-08-2017, 09:55 PM

Agreed, rather poor IMO

IAmLee
23-08-2017, 09:29 AM

I get that feeling too. Was worried about this happening when he signed tbh....no player should be undroppable!

broondog
23-08-2017, 11:04 AM
Marciano

Gray
Mcgregor
Hanlon
Stevenson

Bartley
Mcginn
Mcgeouch
Slivka

Murray
Stokes

nailed it. Ambrose not even on my bench as well

1van Sprou7e
23-08-2017, 11:49 AM
Although I admit I prefer a Hanlon-Mcgregor pairing why are people so certain that Ambrose should be dropped ahead of them?

Are we forgetting that McGregor was directly responsible for the first goal and Hanlon for the second? Ambrose may have looked dodgy but overall he probably had a better game vs Hamilton than the other two

Tbh wouldn't mind Fontaine being brought in for a game or two, not likely to happen but he has always been a solid, no bullsh*t kind of defender

IAmLee
23-08-2017, 12:42 PM
Although I admit I prefer a Hanlon-Mcgregor pairing why are people so certain that Ambrose should be dropped ahead of them?

Are we forgetting that McGregor was directly responsible for the first goal and Hanlon for the second? Ambrose may have looked dodgy but overall he probably had a better game vs Hamilton than the other two

Tbh wouldn't mind Fontaine being brought in for a game or two, not likely to happen but he has always been a solid, no bullsh*t kind of defender

I agree those two were directly responsible but the 2nd & 3rd goals started from his side, for the 2nd Hanlon had come over to cover Efe and only Lewis made any effort to get back and support him when the ball was played - it's no excuse, Hanlon should have put the ball out of play rather than trying to find a pass and is at fault for the goal, but if either Ambrose or Whittaker had attempted to get back it could potentially have given him another option. The 3rd also came down their side and imo Efe was so halfhearted in getting back to defend it's unreal, the ball was played directly between him & Whittaker leading to a goal for the 2nd time this season. I know it didn't matter in the end as it wasn't him who scored but there was a Hamilton player standing back post for a tap in and he just stood on the edge of the box watching him. Efe is a great defender if he sticks to defending, but in every game he's played this season he's come charging out to try something fancy and had the ball taken off him. I think Hanlon and McGregor are our most capable in a two but again I don't see Ambrose being dropped, I'd imagine it'll be Hanlon if we go 4 at the back, which is a shame as I thought he was our best defender up until he made the mistake.

Zazu62
23-08-2017, 12:45 PM
Rocky

Gray McGregor Hanlon Whittaker

Bartley

Boyle Slivka McGinn Barker

Murray

Pretty much this only thing I would change is Swanson for Barker