PDA

View Full Version : Maybe We Just Got Too Carried Away

Keith_M
20-08-2017, 08:09 AM
We lost to Hamilton yesterday and it's now all doom and gloom with some. Now, losing at home to the likes of Hamilton can't be considered acceptable if Hibs, as a club, want to achieve our aims BUT

...Is part of that doom and gloom perhaps because some people got a bit carried away in their opinions of just how good they thought our team was?

Is it possible that Lennon has actually assembled a decent team but they are not yet at the level of consistantly challenging the likes of Aberdeen, who've finished in second place the last few seasons? Would we really have beat The Rangers last week if they hadn't been reduced to ten men? Mibbes Aye, Mibbes Naw, but that's not what I read on here, where the suggestion was we were so good they stood no chance either way.

This is not intended as a criticism of the team being assembled as I'm optimistic that, in the long run, they'll do well. Just a request for a bit more realism on the part of the support and an acceptance that we will get bad days along with the good and to keep supporting the side regardless.

Pedantic_Hibee
20-08-2017, 08:14 AM
A reality check I think. We are good, potentially very good, but we are maybe not as invincible as we think and perhaps one or two players yesterday walked across the white line with ideas above their station.

The work-rate and desire yesterday was markedly different to what I saw against Partick and Ayr.

Libby Hibby
20-08-2017, 08:19 AM
I think it also shows that any poor team selections or formations will get exposed in this league.

We need the hunger and desire of the Partick Thistle game every week if we don't want to get turned over.

I like the look of our squad that's been assembled but yesterday showed what can happen if the everyone that is selected are not on their game.

Interesting to see the reaction of the side v Dundee next week.

Ronniekirk
20-08-2017, 08:45 AM
We lost to Hamilton yesterday and it's now all doom and gloom with some. Now, losing at home to the likes of Hamilton can't be considered acceptable if Hibs, as a club, want to achieve our aims BUT

...Is part of that doom and gloom perhaps because some people got a bit carried away in their opinions of just how good they thought our team was?

Is it possible that Lennon has actually assembled a decent team but they are not yet at the level of consistantly challenging the likes of Aberdeen, who've finished in second place the last few seasons? Would we really have beat The Rangers last week if they hadn't been reduced to ten men? Mibbes Aye, Mibbes Naw, but that's not what I read on here, where the suggestion was we were so good they stood no chance either way.

This is not intended as a criticism of the team being assembled as I'm optimistic that, in the long run, they'll do well. Just a request for a bit more realism on the part of the support and an acceptance that we will get bad days along with the good and to keep supporting the side regardless.

We were going to get beat at some point and the acid test always is how we bounce back
Think the reaction has been so strong as

No one got pass marks
It was only Hamilton
No one really saw a performance as poor as this coming

Lennon has taken the blame on his shoulders but its hard to understand why their was a massive collective failure yesterday
Lennon couldn't of foreseen the individual errors by McGregor and Hanlon He has to take the blame for then going to three st the back and chasing the game as that just exposed us more and fans couldn't believe how easy it was for Hamilton
Shades of the Morton midweek game at hime when they beat us 3 0 under Stubbs and then lost it for s few weeks
Lennon will make sure we apply ourselves next week thats for sure Complacency he wont stand for
But if you were there it was pain full viewing in that second half They looked like they were going to score right from kick off
The Moaners will always find something to Moan about
Looking forward to next week already

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
20-08-2017, 09:14 AM

Good post, amd bang on the money imo.

Add in far superior opponents to what this team have been used to too.

B.H.F.C
20-08-2017, 09:45 AM
A reality check I think. We are good, potentially very good, but we are maybe not as invincible as we think and perhaps one or two players yesterday walked across the white line with ideas above their station.

The work-rate and desire yesterday was markedly different to what I saw against Partick and Ayr.

Agree with that. I thought the attitude was shocking yesterday. We didn't compete at all. Not a single player won their individual battle.

Not something that can usually be levelled at this Hibs team but there was a complete lack of effort and desire. Don't mind getting beat but the manner of that yesterday was shocking.

where'stheslope
20-08-2017, 10:21 AM

This is where I am, last season we had the same type of games and we went on to win with our superior players.

This season what we think are diddie teams, are workers or tradesmen of their craft and we have to match their willing with our own, fall short and yesterday will happen again.

Silky football is great at 3-0 up, but until then we have to fight and scrap for everything, as other teams only need one chance and were chasing the game and they have something to hold onto!!!

jarre1875
20-08-2017, 10:26 AM
Yea it was a shocker but to be fair its not something we havent all seen before. Yea we have a good squad but it more than half all have a bad day at thr office we are gonna get a slap. These hamiltons lads are used to the scapping n i feel hibs always have had problems with teams like that. They harried n hassled all over n no 1 really won their own personal battle. When we were chasing the game late on it left us more prone to counter attacks and the 3rs goal was lovely quick passing etc etc and was a lovely team goal. Yea we got beat but how many folk wouldve been happy with 6/9 points before the start of the season.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

snooky
20-08-2017, 10:33 AM
"Roll up! Roll up!
Roll up for the Hibs Roller Coaster Ride."

Us auld yins have been on it for years. :cb