PDA

View Full Version : McGregor

macca70
20-08-2017, 06:35 AM
Was he 100% fit yesterday?

Defending he was his usual solid self but distribution was terrible, he kept humping the ball up the park and really looked like he was either not fit or his mind was on something else.

Totally bizarre for Lennon to sub him aswell, which made me assume he wasn't 100% fit. Efe or Lewis were the obvious candidates to be sacrificed to make an attack minded change.

This isn't having a go at McGregor, he's my favourite player, he just didn't look himself yesterday although none of the team scored more than 3/10 in my opinion.

adhibs
20-08-2017, 07:27 AM
He made a rash tackle to give away the penalty, not the first time as a hibs player either. He cant have any complaints about being subbed.

SChibs
20-08-2017, 07:32 AM
I thought he was outstanding in his first season but he's starting to frustrate me these days. He's the best we've got at winning headers, putting in blocks and shrugging folk off the ball. But he dives in needlessly far to much and his distribution is poor. It's not a knee jerk reaction either I've been saying this since last season.

Jones28
20-08-2017, 07:45 AM
I think he tries to live up to his Hibs Hero label too often

Nicho87
20-08-2017, 07:45 AM
Was no where near as bad as Ambrose in my opinion yesterday. The sooner Ambrose realises he's not playing at Barcelona the better. He will cost us a few goals with his dribbling from the back.

hibee_girl
20-08-2017, 08:04 AM
I did wonder if he wasn't 100% too.

When he was subbed he went straight up the tunnel, maybe to get treatment or maybe just in the huff!

SeanWilson
20-08-2017, 08:25 AM
I personally thought Hanlon had a shocker out of the defence yesterday and Lewis was the only player in the team to get pass marks.

Gmack7
20-08-2017, 08:32 AM
No one in the defence git pass marks today,very edgey all afternoon and no tempo throughout the team

MyJo
20-08-2017, 08:58 AM
No one in the defence git pass marks today,very edgey all afternoon and no tempo throughout the team

:agree: Ambrose dawdled on the ball constantly, McGregor gave away a silly penalty and then lost his head, Hanlon did well in the first half but his mistake killed the game for us when he gifted them a second goal. Whittaker made one good tackle that i remember but other than that was dreadful, his passing and crossing was really really poor the whole game. Stevenson was caught out of position a lot because of us relying on him to get forward and provide our width.

Marciano was my MOTM, he stopped it being an even more embarrasing scoreline.

Scottie
20-08-2017, 09:10 AM
I thought he was outstanding in his first season but he's starting to frustrate me these days. He's the best we've got at winning headers, putting in blocks and shrugging folk off the ball. But he dives in needlessly far to much and his distribution is poor. It's not a knee jerk reaction either I've been saying this since last season.
That's why 'The Rangers' got rid of him :duck:

Brooster
20-08-2017, 09:45 AM
Its nigh on impossible to be fit if you hardly train.

Billy Whizz
20-08-2017, 09:48 AM

Through injuries?

neil7908
20-08-2017, 09:55 AM

Quite curious about this statement - is Darren carrying an injury that prevents him training?

Since90+2
20-08-2017, 10:02 AM

Im assuming you are implying by this that Darren doesn't train. Absolute drivel.

Since90+2
20-08-2017, 10:03 AM
Quite curious about this statement - is Darren carrying an injury that prevents him training?

No.

Brooster
20-08-2017, 10:08 AM

Yes.

where'stheslope
20-08-2017, 10:09 AM
All this chatter about him is way over the top, last season he was one of our best players, he has one bad game and its crisis???

Every team or players has an off day, yesterday was particularly bad as our whole defence had an off day.

If we continue to have off days then there is a problem, but one game, it happens!!!

Since90+2
20-08-2017, 10:12 AM
Yes.

No doubt another ITK poster here who undoubtedly has "sources". I'm not in the know but I've known Darren since I was 13 and I can assure everyone that Darren does train as much as the rest of the squad. He has had an issue with one of his knees for a while that hinders him at times but to suggest he hardly trains is absolute drivel and should be called out when nonsense like it is posted.

GreenNWhiteArmy
20-08-2017, 10:13 AM
Darren was head and shoulders above anyone week in week out last season. SJM only won the league player of the year cause he's the poster boy for hibs imo

He is exactly what this current hibs side stands for.

Best defender at the club. Even Darren is allowed an off game.

FitbaFolkKen
20-08-2017, 10:47 AM
I thought he looked like the kid that forgot his football boots and had to play in his school shoes yesterday. Really uncomfortable on the ball and clumsy in general.

Sure it's a one off and he'll be back on it next week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hibsboy07
20-08-2017, 11:00 AM

Behave yourself

MWHIBBIES
20-08-2017, 11:18 AM
McGregor was Hibs best player last season by a mile. He has never been able to pass the ball though, that is why we have Hanlon and Ambrose. They were all rubbish yesterday, they wont be next week

jockspanner
20-08-2017, 01:01 PM
Absolute drivel, one game doesn't make a summer, it's a bad day at the office get over it.:flag:

Hfcwilson3192
20-08-2017, 01:31 PM
Was no where near as bad as Ambrose in my opinion yesterday. The sooner Ambrose realises he's not playing at Barcelona the better. He will cost us a few goals with his dribbling from the back.spot on mate the guys confused. He reads the game well but his dribbling nonsense needs to stop surely lenny has told him this previously cause he done the same nonsense at celtic aswell. A Ken folk like him but he is a massive liability. I've no felt that on edge since the days of andy mcneil and Chris hogg 😂