PDA

View Full Version : Stokes

GoalsMcGinley
19-08-2017, 08:33 PM
Can someone tell me what he brings to the table? P*** poor last week at ibrox, anonymous today. Granted he scored but he was rotten!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Captain Trips
19-08-2017, 08:35 PM
Can someone tell me what he brings to the table? P*** poor last week at ibrox, anonymous today. Granted he scored but he was rotten!!

IMO he brings goals however this will not be proved right or wrong until a lot of games have been played.

scoopyboy
19-08-2017, 08:39 PM

Goals

keep the faith
19-08-2017, 08:39 PM

Aye ok then.....

MWHIBBIES
19-08-2017, 08:40 PM
Well he has 3 goals in 4 games, doesn't take a genius to work out what he brings. The whole team were rotten, at least he scored his chance. If Murray does the same we are 2-0 at half time.

High-On-Hibs
19-08-2017, 08:40 PM

If the defence had stood up strong today, you'd be giving him a well done for the goal. He's similar to Cummings, he brings goals if little else.

Smartie
19-08-2017, 08:41 PM
I thought he was the biggest disappointment of them all today.

Stokes took some undeserved flak the last time he was with us for his work rate - he wasn't fit when he arrived but very soon he was one of our most hardworking players.

He didn't fancy it today. His body language was all wrong.

I wouldn't have wanted to have faced Neil Lennon after the game if I were in his shoes.

Still, he got a goal, and there's no doubt he's a superb player.

And for all I think he was probably our poorest player, he wasn't that much worse than the rest of them.

heretoday
19-08-2017, 08:42 PM
It was like the old days when people used to shout at Stokes. If he doesn't get a wake-up call it'll start happening again.

rcarter1
19-08-2017, 08:43 PM
The way I see it, Stokes can on his day be one of the best players in the league (including Celtic). When and how he brings that to the table is beyond my ken, but he isnt ever going to be Mr Consistent. Thats just Stokes. I trust Lennon can make the call as to when and how he plays. When he has it, he wins Cups.. Delighted he is with us.

Haymaker
19-08-2017, 09:15 PM
Scottish cups.

Andy74
19-08-2017, 09:31 PM
Plays a bit deep. We've had recent joy from stretching the game and getting it into Murray from wide positions.

Certainly today Stokes and Swanson coming deep and central limited us a bit in attack.

Would much prefer seeing him stay up the pitch.

Jones28
19-08-2017, 09:51 PM
He plays too deep for one thing. If he isn't getting service he drifts wide and he's a centre forward not a winger. Lennon should be putting cones out at training this week the width of the penalty box and if he strays from them he receives a kick in the stones.

He isn't messi, he doesn't have the pace to take people on but if he gets the ball to feet in the box he can make things happen.

The_Horde
19-08-2017, 09:53 PM
Should've been hooked instead of Swanson for Dave much earlier in the half.

matty_f
19-08-2017, 09:55 PM
Scottish cups.

:thumbsup:

neil7908
19-08-2017, 09:58 PM
I wasnt too impressed with him but I think we have to remember how little football he's played in the last year or so. Plus the fact he hasn't had a real pre season.

That's not excuse but no question in my mind that he'll get better.

Borderhibbie76
19-08-2017, 10:14 PM
Some.of the posts on here 2nite are just a bit laughable...i can't work out if it's hysteria from Hibs fans at a setback or undercover Yams

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Dalianwanda
19-08-2017, 10:16 PM

So a goal in two games and hes already admitted he's gaining match fitness....So what he will bring is goals, like one today...

wookie70
19-08-2017, 10:42 PM
I wasn't overly fussed with him signing but he has started better than I thought he would. Generally speaking I'm not keen on players who are on the way down from the height of their careers. It can certainly work but often they end up looking like a shadow of their former selves particularly in the less important games. He looked completely disinterested today but he wasn't the only one. Even the Duracell bunny that is Simon Murray didn't put his usual shift in. Time will tell if Stokes will be a good signing and I hope I am completely wrong and we get Cup Final Stokesy more than today's version.

Diclonius
19-08-2017, 10:50 PM
Four games.

IberianHibernian
19-08-2017, 10:53 PM
Think he`s still a bit off full fitness but even so he got goal a couple of minutes after forcing a good save by their goalie. Most times he touched the ball something happened . Hopefully he`ll make more impact in the future , perhaps playing up front with another striker yet to be signed .

Sammy7nil
19-08-2017, 10:56 PM

LoL last season all that mattered was Jasons goals, now Stomes scores but be brings nothing :greengrin Stokes is a very good player wbo is short on game time and got no support from anyone in green today. Everyone was poor no point in singling out any player. Just unacceptable all round.

Thecat23
19-08-2017, 10:57 PM
You are a Jambo. The guys only played couple of games ffs. Who about the through ball other week for Murray? Split whole defence. Anyway no idea why I'm even explaining this to a Hearts fan.

Thecat23
19-08-2017, 10:58 PM
Also notice you start the thread then vanish 🤔

stoneyburn hibs
19-08-2017, 11:08 PM
You are a Jambo. The guys only played couple of games ffs. Who about the through ball other week for Murray? Split whole defence. Anyway no idea why I'm even explaining this to a Hearts fan.

Bit unfair to call the guy a Jambo ? He's giving his opinion.

Vini1875
19-08-2017, 11:08 PM
Stokes will bring a lot more than goals IMHO and he will help Murray. I think there is the beginning of a good partnership there. A lot of knee jerk stuff going on tonight just as we got carried away after beating the huns. We will have days like today and we will have days like last week. With Stokes in the team we are more likely to have more good days than bad.

Thecat23
19-08-2017, 11:15 PM
Bit unfair to call the guy a Jambo ? He's giving his opinion.

If he's not ill happily take it back and apologise to him. There is opinions and there is dropping ***** like that as a thread and not coming back onto it.

Where are these folk when hibs or Stokes are doing well? Sorry just find it very odd if I'm honest.

stoneyburn hibs
19-08-2017, 11:28 PM
Get where you're coming from mate, benefit of the doubt though eh.

Stokesy's on fire
19-08-2017, 11:47 PM
Stokes is quality

The_Horde
19-08-2017, 11:49 PM

This.

The same jambos slating Swanson IMO.

TelaStella
20-08-2017, 01:25 AM
Big let down for me today, just looked too lazy and as if he was carrying a sore one from last night. How f****** deep was he wondering into our half as well? Never where he should have been and left Murray struggling on his own upfront. I am however a big stokes fan and have no doubt his time will come this season, not good enough today though.

Haymaker
20-08-2017, 02:23 AM
:thumbsup:

:greengrin anyone prove me wrong?

Hfcwilson3192
20-08-2017, 02:32 AM
Stokes just needs game time. He was back to his best before he went to Blackburn then he Sat on the bench for a season. He's an outstanding talent. Our worry shouldn't be stokes it should be that bang average back four.

Pete
20-08-2017, 04:32 AM
Big let down for me today, just looked too lazy and as if he was carrying a sore one from last night. How f****** deep was he wondering into our half as well? Never where he should have been and left Murray struggling on his own upfront. I am however a big stokes fan and have no doubt his time will come this season, not good enough today though.

I'm convinced the OP is a wind up but please don't try and shift some blame for Simon Murrays performance onto Stokes' shoulders. Murray was inefective, just as he was against Ross County and you can't really blame anyone else for that (except for our manager, who might bite the bullet and play someone else depending on the opposition).

All this wandering is actually the sign of an intelligent, proactive player. Yesterday he was looking for solutions and trying to get things going because it wasn't working and nobody else was doing it...even those who play crap and don't do their jobs properly yet have no aspersions cast upon them.

GoalsMcGinley
20-08-2017, 07:52 AM
If he's not ill happily take it back and apologise to him. There is opinions and there is dropping ***** like that as a thread and not coming back onto it.

Where are these folk when hibs or Stokes are doing well? Sorry just find it very odd if I'm honest.

Certainly not a Jambo. Stokes need to remember he's not going to be playing in Scottish cup finals against rangers every week. His overall play since coming back has been poor. Had a decent game against a league 1 side. Was rubbish last week at Ibrox and should've seen red at least once. Yesterday he simply didn't fancy it.

If he is going to be a success this time round he needs to realise he's being paid a lot of cash to be our main man. Less of the billy big time attitude and knuckle down and do the dirty stuff when it's not going our way. Simple as that. If he doesn't he's as well sitting in the house imo.

SeanWilson
20-08-2017, 08:14 AM

He's played two games in a year and a half.... get a ****ing grip.

Andy74
20-08-2017, 08:33 AM
I'm convinced the OP is a wind up but please don't try and shift some blame for Simon Murrays performance onto Stokes' shoulders. Murray was inefective, just as he was against Ross County and you can't really blame anyone else for that (except for our manager, who might bite the bullet and play someone else depending on the opposition).

All this wandering is actually the sign of an intelligent, proactive player. Yesterday he was looking for solutions and trying to get things going because it wasn't working and nobody else was doing it...even those who play crap and don't do their jobs properly yet have no aspersions cast upon them.
Murray was ineffective because we didn't stretch the game or get it wide. Stokes playing too deep played a role in that being the case.

It wasn't just a case of trying to make something happen. It's just how he plays now.

Whether that's going to help or hinder the way we play in the long run remains to be seen.

Sammy7nil
20-08-2017, 08:41 AM
Certainly not a Jambo. Stokes need to remember he's not going to be playing in Scottish cup finals against rangers every week. His overall play since coming back has been poor. Had a decent game against a league 1 side. Was rubbish last week at Ibrox and should've seen red at least once. Yesterday he simply didn't fancy it.

If he is going to be a success this time round he needs to realise he's being paid a lot of cash to be our main man. Less of the billy big time attitude and knuckle down and do the dirty stuff when it's not going our way. Simple as that. If he doesn't he's as well sitting in the house imo.

Would you care to give an opinion on the other 13 players who imho were just as bad or worse than Stokes or is it lets just find a scapegoat thread.

GoalsMcGinley
20-08-2017, 08:45 AM
Would you care to give an opinion on the other 13 players who imho were just as bad or worse than Stokes or is it lets just find a scapegoat thread.

None of the players used yesterday get pass marks. Not a single one.

Looks like you can't criticise stokes coz he scored 2 in the cup final.

Sammy7nil
20-08-2017, 08:57 AM

Yes you can but why single him out when you could pick all fourteen? No individual lost us that game it was simply a DIRE performance from the Manager right through the whole team.

Hfcwilson3192
20-08-2017, 09:05 AM
Why can you no criticise a hibs player on here without getting called a jambo 😂

Since90+2
20-08-2017, 09:08 AM
He's played two games in a year and a half.... get a ****ing grip.

He played 14 times for Blackburn last season. Where are you getting he has he played 2 games in 18 months??

Callum_62
20-08-2017, 09:34 AM
Dear lord this place is mental.

Thecat23
20-08-2017, 09:34 AM

You are being way to harsh. Many game has he played and for what it's worth I wasn't great last week but wasn't rotten against The Rangers. We have just started our season and Lennon knows exactly what we need to do.

Thecat23
20-08-2017, 09:39 AM

Honestly it is mate your bang on. Nothing at all wrong with picking things from games but look at some comments. He's *****, and he's *****. Sorry but away to **** if you are coming out with that you are no Hibs fan and are clearly on the wind up. We all lose it now and then but not like what I'm reading this morning or last night.

Hibs do have a very good side the players didn't perform which happens and will it happen again? Yes prob will. It's about how we go about the next games. Lennon has built a good side well worthy of doing well so some on here need to stop slapping the **** out the panic button after one loss.

sleeping giant
20-08-2017, 09:41 AM
Hearts fans would love to have Stokes. Don't let them kid you on .

Thecat23
20-08-2017, 09:43 AM

You can, its the manner in how it's done. Loads of folk have pointed out a lot of good points that have been discussed. You think coming on telling everyman and their dog that Stokes is ***** aye? Pretty sure he's not ***** along with big Daz, Hanlon etc. Have a wee look at these posters again.

GreenNWhiteArmy
20-08-2017, 09:44 AM
Folk imo are looking for a "I told you so" in reference to his performances last time round.

Stokesy is an excellent player that hasn't pled a lot of games in the last year. To expect him to just turn up and score a hat trick every game is fantasy. When it's not going well, he's a player that can look disinterested but that's the gamble you take with him. If he was top of his game every week, he'd have cut it down south.

We need to take the rough with the smooth but imo he'll be the top striker we want him to be.

A loss tends to bring out the utmost negativity. Chill, it's one bad game. We've got Dundee and an international break coming up. Good timing to get fitness and sharpness back. Sept will be a good month for him

Thecat23
20-08-2017, 09:48 AM
Hearts fans would love to have Stokes. Don't let them kid you on .

Better believe it.

Danderhall Hibs
20-08-2017, 09:57 AM

You can - plenty have on various threads. When you go into full "he's never a player" mode after 1 poor game though you're likely to be ridiculed.

erin go bragh
20-08-2017, 10:08 AM

Correct:) But the guy scored our only goal getting slated when he has only played three games in a year .

Stubbsy2016
20-08-2017, 04:15 PM
It's hard not to like any of the players that played in the famous Scottish cup win and although I can appreciate that stokes is a good player, I dislike him as a person.

He fitted in at Celtic due to his and his families allegiance to the IRA but I'd rather that was well away from Hibs.

He was also at whynot in George Street until 5am this morning. It doesn't sit right with me that a player could go out on a night after a really poor defeat. Plus if he was drinking until 5am, no one can
Seriously believe he'll be 100% at training on Monday.

It's not a new thing, his last spell at Hibs he was wonderful in the final but barely tried a leg in the other games.

He can be a good player on his day but he's not worth the baggage imo...wish we went for stevie may.

Up The Bracket
20-08-2017, 04:42 PM
Good god,

I've read some crazy posts on here in the past few days but this tops the lot,

Stokes spent the whole game yesterday attempting to come deep for the ball because he was getting absolutely no service up top, the blame for that lies with the midfield and the full backs not getting the correct service up top,

Once again, as with his last spell with us, Stokes is going to turn into a scapegoat any game that he doesn't reproduce his Hampden performance,

marinello59
20-08-2017, 05:11 PM

It certainly is. The head long rush from some to stick the boot in to our own players says more about them than the target of their 'expertise.'

Tobias Funke
20-08-2017, 05:13 PM

Extreme smell of jobbies from you sir, toddle off back to Kickback you Hearts ****.

Hfcwilson3192
20-08-2017, 05:24 PM
It certainly is. The head long rush from some to stick the boot in to our own players says more about them than the target of their 'expertise.' nah no agreeing with this you should be able to comment on anyone who puts on our colours we pay their wages that being said it should be on here and only on here.

GoalsMcGinley
20-08-2017, 05:45 PM
Extreme smell of jobbies from you sir, toddle off back to Kickback you Hearts ****.

As stated previously not Jambo but if it make you feel better to think I am crack on [emoji1303]

Mick O'Rourke
20-08-2017, 05:51 PM
It's hard not to like any of the players that played in the famous Scottish cup win and although I can appreciate that stokes is a good player, I dislike him as a person.

He fitted in at Celtic due to his and his families allegiance to the IRA but I'd rather that was well away from Hibs.

He was also at whynot in George Street until 5am this morning. It doesn't sit right with me that a player could go out on a night after a really poor defeat. Plus if he was drinking until 5am, no one can

It's not a new thing, his last spell at Hibs he was wonderful in the final but barely tried a leg in the other games.

He can be a good player on his day but he's not worth the baggage imo...wish we went for stevie may.
Anthony fitted in at Celtic because he was a good striker and creator for others.
His link up play with Gary Hooper was superb.
Anthony laid on Hoopers two goals against us in the 2013 Cup Final
He played a blinder that afternoon (sadly for us)

I am confident Anthony will do well for Hibernian this season.

As for him going to the pub on a Saturday night
That is not unusual for most players who like a drink
Would you prefer he sat at home moping!

Celtic disciplined Anthony for attending a benefit event for a deceased IRA man.
Someone he grew up with in Dublin.

matty_f
20-08-2017, 05:52 PM

Loads of folk have criticised players on here, today, yesterday, and countless times before without being called jambos.

Stubbsy2016
20-08-2017, 06:04 PM
Anthony fitted in at Celtic because he was a good striker and creator for others.
His link up play with Gary Hooper was superb.
Anthony laid on Hoopers two goals against us in the 2013 Cup Final
He played a blinder that afternoon (sadly for us)

I am confident Anthony will do well for Hibernian this season.

As for him going to the pub on a Saturday night
That is not unusual for most players who like a drink
Would you prefer he sat at home moping!

Celtic disciplined Anthony for attending a benefit event for a deceased IRA man.
Someone he grew up with in Dublin.

That's the thing though mate he never went to the pub, he was in a nightclub partying until 5am. I wouldn't have an issue with him going for a quiet drink in a pub if he wanted to go out or a restaurant. The biggest issue for me is that he is not a young man anymore and I know from experience that if he has an all night drinking session on the Saturday night that he won't be in good condition to train on the Monday.

I'll leave the IRA stuff to another day I just think it's baggage we could do without.

Mick O'Rourke
20-08-2017, 06:06 PM
Loads of folk have criticised players on here, today

Indeed,it was very much a lacklustre performance yesterday.
I cannot single any one player out,though
So many did not play well
I found it puzzling as to why, after two recent fine performances including a real battle last week.

However,reading through the multiple threads on yesterdays performance,i fancy more than one fifth columnist has infiltrated :jamboclow:kbacker::ostrich:

I suspect a few members here have accounts on the "not so noisy neighbours" forum.

Stubbsy2016
20-08-2017, 06:06 PM
Good god,

I've read some crazy posts on here in the past few days but this tops the lot,

Stokes spent the whole game yesterday attempting to come deep for the ball because he was getting absolutely no service up top, the blame for that lies with the midfield and the full backs not getting the correct service up top,

Once again, as with his last spell with us, Stokes is going to turn into a scapegoat any game that he doesn't reproduce his Hampden performance,

If he puts in as much effort and doesn't play well he'll be nobodies scapegoat.

It's the lack of effort which is so blindly obvious that grates on me.

ancient hibee
20-08-2017, 06:08 PM
That's the thing though mate he never went to the pub, he was in a nightclub partying until 5am. I wouldn't have an issue with him going for a quiet drink in a pub if he wanted to go out or a restaurant. The biggest issue for me is that he is not a young man anymore and I know from experience that if he has an all night drinking session on the Saturday night that he won't be in good condition to train on the Monday.

I'll leave the IRA stuff to another day I just think it's baggage we could do without.

Am told the players were in today.

Well why did you mention the IRA then?

Stubbsy2016
20-08-2017, 06:10 PM
Am told the players were in today.

Well why did you mention the IRA then?

As I said it's baggage we could do without, that's all I'll say on the matter.

Mick O'Rourke
20-08-2017, 06:30 PM

Well you clearly are not an Anthony fan,

However,its been said here that the squad were training at East Mains this morning.
If that is the case,whoever told you Anthony was leaving a pub at 5 this morning is winding you up.

Was it Lee Wallace by any chance ?

No way Lenny would stand for that
In fact ,no manager worth his salt would.

The "stuff" you want to leave to another day was started by you.
Was it neccessary?

Captain Trips
20-08-2017, 06:32 PM
Defence found wanting yesterday that is why we lost 3 goals. Stokes could have scored a hatrick and we woild only have a point.

Yesterday lies with defensive errors.

green day
20-08-2017, 06:34 PM

So he was pished at 5am in a nightclub? Are you his mum?

The_Horde
20-08-2017, 06:34 PM
I was there from around 12 til about 3.30 last night and I didn't see Stokes.

SRHibs
20-08-2017, 06:35 PM

On that note, I was pretty disappointed to hear a number of fans in the East singing the Stokes IRA song on Saturday.

Mick O'Rourke
20-08-2017, 06:38 PM

Maybe he arrived after you left:greengrin

I did not believe he was there.
Not if Hibs were training today

Lenny would have not been pleased

:grr:

Billy Whizz
20-08-2017, 06:38 PM

You bad boy😄

The_Horde
20-08-2017, 06:39 PM
You bad boy😄

Bound to get sacked when I go in to work tomorrow.

Frazerbob
20-08-2017, 06:42 PM
What an abomination of a thread. Last week we were the best Hibs side since the 70's, this week we're back to the old Hibs & Stokes is crap.

Some folk need to get a grip.

Libby Hibby
20-08-2017, 06:44 PM
As stated previously not Jambo but if it make you feel better to think I am crack on [emoji1303]

Well, you're no Hibby

kaimendhibs
20-08-2017, 07:03 PM
Didnt take long for this pish to start. Scottish cup winning legend, thank god hes back, great player......oh wait, we got beat....IRA supporting non trier, up the toon, bad egg. Give me a break and leave the internet alone ffs. Stokes is a great playwr who we are lucky to have. Scored, didnt give away a soft pen, didnt lay a goal fir accies on a plate but he gets it in the neck. Unbelievable

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Viva_Palmeiras
20-08-2017, 07:11 PM
Didnt take long for this pish to start. Scottish cup winning legend, thank god hes back, great player......oh wait, we got beat....IRA supporting non trier, up the toon, bad egg. Give me a break and leave the internet alone ffs. Stokes is a great playwr who we are lucky to have. Scored, didnt give away a soft pen, didnt lay a goal fir accies on a plate but he gets it in the neck. Unbelievable

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Its almost as if they don't support Hibs at all...

Thecat23
20-08-2017, 07:20 PM
Its almost as if they don't support Hibs at all...

🤔 Indeed.

Mick O'Rourke
20-08-2017, 07:24 PM
:crazy:
What an abomination of a thread. Last week we were the best Hibs side since the 70's, this week we're back to the old Hibs & Stokes is crap.

As Harold Wilson once famously said

"A week is a long time in football":LOL:

HibsNutter
20-08-2017, 07:24 PM
Murray was worse, missed glorious chances when we were level but he ran about like a headless chicken so he won't get the criticism. Stokes will take time to get up to speed, but of course he has something to offer, for Christ's sake.

jonty
20-08-2017, 07:37 PM
ffs this place is slipping. 3 pages and not the correct answer.

:fire:

Mick O'Rourke
20-08-2017, 07:38 PM
Bound to get sacked when I go in to work tomorrow.

Only if someone shops ye :greengrin

I mind someone telling me Jimmy O'Rourke (when at Hibernian) was seen "up the toon" fleeing.

I said to the guy "When was this?"
"Last night" he replied.

I might have believed the guy had Jimmy not been on holiday in Santa Ponza at the time!.

Mick O'Rourke
20-08-2017, 07:41 PM
ffs this place is slipping. 3 pages and not the correct answer.

You got the answer in one!!:top marks

ismisebigo
20-08-2017, 08:13 PM
I really cannot believe the pure lies and absolute ***** that has been written here today. its very clear that some on here are just Stokes haters or not hibs supporters. To the person who wrote this below , I say to you you are a LIAR, Anthony was not in any night club until 5am or anytime last night . and by the way what IRA connections has Anthony got?? feel free to mail me I would love to know where you get your information, We had enough of this with Celtic I prey to god its not all happening again with this Club. Criticize Stokes all you like for his football but to make up lies about his personal life on a public fourm is going too far and should and will be stopped.

its hard not to like any of the players that played in the famous Scottish cup win and although I can appreciate that stokes is a good player, I dislike him as a person.

Stubbsy2016
20-08-2017, 08:17 PM
I apologise if anything I've said is inaccurate. I may have been fed false info.

I'm just raging about yesterday and generally not a huge stokes fan.

Captain Trips
20-08-2017, 08:20 PM
Im not wishing to try and get folk criticism but jeez we let in 3 goals yesterday and we have a striker being criticised. As I said he or Murray could have had game of lives but we chucked 3 in.

If anyone needs to be criticised its one or several defenders. Its fine if someone does not like Stokes but bringing him into the result for me does not make sense when it was defensive howlers that cost us.

ismisebigo
20-08-2017, 08:22 PM
I apologise if anything I've said is inaccurate. I may have been fed false info.

Saying Sorry just is not good enough , Do you really think you can get away with saying things like this? What are you trying to do get Anthony in more hassle with the half of Scotland that hates him with a vengeance? Also on a pure footballing note from your comments you know nothing about football. To me you are just bringing all this **** about Anthony to get people wound up against him , But I swear to you it will not work

Stubbsy2016
20-08-2017, 08:26 PM
Saying Sorry just is not good enough , Do you really think you can get away with saying things like this? What are you trying to do get Anthony in more hassle with the half of Scotland that hates him with a vengeance? Also on a pure footballing note from your comments you know nothing about football. To me you are just bringing all this **** about Anthony to get people wound up against him , But I swear to you it will not work

Seriously mate calm down.

All this built up anger isn't good for your health.

If what I said was wrong...I'm sorry. I was passed on info from a mate who was out last night.

There's nothing else that can be said.

JimBHibees
20-08-2017, 08:26 PM

Yep a bipolar convention.

G B Young
20-08-2017, 08:28 PM
Delighted we signed Stokes. Top striker by Scottish football standards who would walk into any other top-fight team bar Celtic.

Some daft stuff on here, mostly from desperate yams mind you.

He's done just fine so far and will only get better once up to full fitness.

JimBHibees
20-08-2017, 08:30 PM

If what I said was wrong...I'm sorry. I was passed on info from a mate who was out last night.

He is spot on though. An absolute crock.

Moody Blues
20-08-2017, 08:32 PM

Well you should have a word with yourself and not post rubbish on here that you heard from a mate last night.

BarneyHibby
20-08-2017, 08:33 PM
Delighted we signed Stokes. Top striker by Scottish football standards who would walk into any other top-fight team bar Celtic.

He's done just fine so far and will only get better once up to full fitness.Totally agree with you:agree:

BigT-Hibeez
20-08-2017, 08:33 PM
Everyone needs tae calm doon!!! These are the kind of threads on the Yams forums that folk post links to on here, laughing at them as they go into self-destruct..!!

Thecat23
20-08-2017, 08:34 PM
Can someone pass the popcorn please.

DH1875
20-08-2017, 08:35 PM

Change your avatar FFS. Plenty of pics out there of Anthony not in a ducking Celtic jersey.

Thecat23
20-08-2017, 08:35 PM
Stokes Is a player.

Hibs are still a good team.

We will bounce back.

Oh... and Hearts are still an absolute gang so to any of them on here or looking in we are still MILES ahead on and off the park.

I'm out!

ismisebigo
20-08-2017, 08:37 PM

listen to me, you have no idea about the **** that went on over the last few years with Anthony and most of it started by Roumers , My mate said this or that , what you have to understand it some journalists are constantly spreading false information about Anthony and Lennon and by you or anyone else posting information that you do not know to be true feeds these f...kers
let this be a lesson to all hibs fans . never ever belief what you read or hear from your mate down the pub.

ismisebigo
20-08-2017, 08:39 PM
Change your avatar FFS. Plenty of pics out there of Anthony not in a ducking Celtic jersey.
Ok point taken , just a simple mistake will change it.

Mick O'Rourke
20-08-2017, 08:39 PM
Stokes Is a player.

Hibs are still a good team.

We will bounce back.

Oh... and Hearts are still an absolute gang so to any of them on here or looking in we are still MILES ahead on and off the park.

I'm out!

:kbacker::kbacker:

Viva_Palmeiras
20-08-2017, 08:45 PM
I really cannot believe the pure lies and absolute ***** that has been written here today. its very clear that some on here are just Stokes haters or not hibs supporters. To the person who wrote this below , I say to you you are a LIAR, Anthony was not in any night club until 5am or anytime last night . and by the way what IRA connections has Anthony got?? feel free to mail me I would love to know where you get your information, We had enough of this with Celtic I prey to god its not all happening again with this Club. Criticize Stokes all you like for his football but to make up lies about his personal life on a public fourm is going too far and should and will be stopped.

its hard not to like any of the players that played in the famous Scottish cup win and although I can appreciate that stokes is a good player, I dislike him as a person.

Yeah flump. I suppose schools outside Lothian have still to go back... not long to wait.

Stubbsy2016
20-08-2017, 08:48 PM
listen to me, you have no idea about the **** that went on over the last few years with Anthony and most of it started by Roumers , My mate said this or that , what you have to understand it some journalists are constantly spreading false information about Anthony and Lennon and by you or anyone else posting information that you do not know to be true feeds these f...kers
let this be a lesson to all hibs fans . never ever belief what you read or hear from your mate down the pub.

Point taken.

If journos are reading...stokes was in his scratcher at 9pm last night watching the 2016 cup final.

dchibs
20-08-2017, 09:00 PM

Agree.

SeanWilson
20-08-2017, 09:04 PM
Can someone pass the popcorn please.

😁

Thecat23
20-08-2017, 09:05 PM

I think you may be taken a lot of this to heart. As for the papers if a story appears that Stokes could prove was false he could sue them. If Stokes wants to hit the town on a sat night doesn't bother me or prob the majority of us Hibs fans. There is more to life than footballers going on the lash. Met Stokes a couple of times through someone on here actually and I get the impression he couldn't care less what folk on a board or down a pub say about him. There will always be rumours sadly but they are just that.

One Day Soon
20-08-2017, 09:07 PM
There's a touch of the "that piece of Halibut was good enough for Jehovah" about this thread.

Oh and Yammery.

BarneyHibby
20-08-2017, 09:07 PM
I think some people need to chill out. We lost. But it's only one game. We'll come back stronger next week against Dundee :wink: Stokes is absolute quality player. He just needs a little more time to improve.

GoalsMcGinley
20-08-2017, 09:13 PM
Well, you're no Hibby

Dear God [emoji85]

surreyhibbie
20-08-2017, 09:18 PM
This thread stinks of yam.

GoalsMcGinley
20-08-2017, 09:21 PM
Really don't know how many more times I can say it before people get it. I'm not a Jambo. Never have been and never will be. If I'd started a thread stating how bad Lewis Stevenson had been 99% of people would've jumped all over it to agree and give him pelters. We're not allowed to criticise Anthony. I get I now. Apologies.

GoalsMcGinley
PS - feel free to close the thread.

matty_f
Does Stokes not have three goals in three games for us already?

Even if the guy never scored another goal for us he'll always be a hero to me for tucking the Rangers away in the Cup Final.

I love Stokesy, delighted he's back and I'm sure he'll do well for us.

Gerard
20-08-2017, 09:27 PM
IMO A Stokes will score the goals we need to finish in the top four of the SPL and perhaps we a Cup. What he does in his spare time as long as it is legal is of no concern to me and I suspect the majority of the Hibs fans. :wink:

Thecat23
20-08-2017, 09:34 PM
Really don't know how many more times I can say it before people get it. I'm not a Jambo. Never have been and never will be. If I'd started a thread stating how bad Lewis Stevenson had been 99% of people would've jumped all over it to agree and give him pelters. We're not allowed to criticise Anthony. I get I now. Apologies.

Give it a rest, you can criticise who you like, at least make it constructive. As for being a Hibby maybe you are, doesn't sound it but we are all different I suppose.

Pretty Boy
20-08-2017, 09:36 PM
This thread has fair given me a laugh after a tough 2 or 3 days. Thanks to all.

Hi Heid Yin
20-08-2017, 09:37 PM

Well said.:top marks

Hi Heid Yin
20-08-2017, 09:38 PM

He's done just fine so far and will only get better once up to full fitness.

:agree::agree::agree::agree::agree:

wpj
20-08-2017, 11:13 PM
Can't believe no one has mentioned his warm up! How was it? He's got goals and he'll get more. Delighted he's in a Hibs shirt!

Firestarter
20-08-2017, 11:16 PM
Stokesys a living legend. He could have got more money going to other clubs but nah, he chose us. To say he doesn't give a ***** is a load of crap, the effort and application is there. His footballing brain is ahead of many in the squad though. Sadly, people think he should one man team it every week.

Finally, stokes could enter Easter Road collie buckling bobby sands eating a chicken supper and he would still be an absolute hero. People having a dig and making up **** have to have a word with themselves.

Haymaker
20-08-2017, 11:17 PM

Pedantic_Hibee
21-08-2017, 05:09 AM

I also think you're generally not a huge Hibs fan. Fud.

J-C
21-08-2017, 06:56 AM
Wow, 4 pages of car crash posting about Stokes.

I said my piece on another thread that the whole team were rank, I chose not to single anyone out because the 10 outfield players to a man were rotten on Saturday, Stokes is a very good player and will come good, he's miles behind the rest of the guys in terms of match fitness but once up to speed he'll score goals for us that's for sure.

Forza Fred
21-08-2017, 08:21 AM
:kbacker::kbacker:

Think this thread is infected with the low post Jambo virus Mick.

Frazerbob
21-08-2017, 10:38 AM
PS - feel free to close the thread.

You do realise that, as the OP, you can delete the thread. Probably a good idea.

Thecat23
21-08-2017, 10:53 AM
You do realise that, as the OP, you can delete the thread. Probably a good idea.

Being a Jambo he won't know who to do that. 👀

Mick O'Rourke
21-08-2017, 10:53 AM
Indeed, it may be a good idea.
This thread has certainly stoked the fire.

Borderhibbie76
21-08-2017, 11:31 AM
Honestly it is mate your bang on. Nothing at all wrong with picking things from games but look at some comments. He's *****, and he's *****. Sorry but away to **** if you are coming out with that you are no Hibs fan and are clearly on the wind up. We all lose it now and then but not like what I'm reading this morning or last night.

Hibs do have a very good side the players didn't perform which happens and will it happen again? Yes prob will. It's about how we go about the next games. Lennon has built a good side well worthy of doing well so some on here need to stop slapping the **** out the panic button after one loss.Been off here since Sat night couldn't hack it tbh
..never witnessed such an overreaction to a defeat...yes we were inept but as I've just said on another thread we ain't Celtic and ain't going to go a whole season undefeated. Some people need to check their expectations. If we get top 4 this season it would be a fantastic achievement after 3 years downstairs. And I'm pretty confident we will be there or thereabouts. But the individuals being singled out for Sat performance is wrong...the whole team to a man bar Rocky never showed up...hopefully that's the off day out the way for a wee while.

Thecat23
21-08-2017, 11:43 AM
Been off here since Sat night couldn't hack it tbh
..never witnessed such an overreaction to a defeat...yes we were inept but as I've just said on another thread we ain't Celtic and ain't going to go a whole season undefeated. Some people need to check their expectations. If we get top 4 this season it would be a fantastic achievement after 3 years downstairs. And I'm pretty confident we will be there or thereabouts. But the individuals being singled out for Sat performance is wrong...the whole team to a man bar Rocky never showed up...hopefully that's the off day out the way for a wee while.

Good post and completely agree with all this. 👍🏼

Mikey09
21-08-2017, 12:12 PM

Didnt think there could be a worse post than the OP so well done for topping it. :aok:

Mikey09
21-08-2017, 12:28 PM
nah no agreeing with this you should be able to comment on anyone who puts on our colours we pay their wages that being said it should be on here and only on here.

Comment away... But be prepared to be called out and questioned when that comment has zero substance and isn't backed up with evidence and credibility. "[insert players name here] is *****" is gonna get questioned.

emerald green
21-08-2017, 06:06 PM

You may claim not to be a Yam, but you sure as hell sound like one. :hmmm:

emerald green
21-08-2017, 06:28 PM

This is yet another post that simply reeks of it.

The first bit in bold - that says it all.

The second bit in bold - you claim Stokes was in a night club until 5am on Sunday morning, yet Hibs players were in for training on Sunday morning as far as I'm aware (not Monday as you mention).

Vini1875
21-08-2017, 06:33 PM
This is yet another post that simply reeks of it.

The first bit in bold - that says it all.

The second bit in bold - you claim Stokes was in a night club until 5am on Sunday morning, yet Hibs players were in for training on Sunday morning as far as I'm aware (not Monday as you mention).

Can you imagine how hard a shift that would be. If I was on drinking until 5am and then was expected to turn up for work on a sunday morning, I am sure I would be claiming that I was needed at Mass and would have to be excused work.

emerald green
21-08-2017, 06:39 PM
Can you imagine how hard a shift that would be. If I was on drinking until 5am and then was expected to turn up for work on a sunday morning, I am sure I would be claiming that I was needed at Mass and would have to be excused work.

I'd be spewing my guts up at training mate if I'd been out drinking until 5am that same morning.

Bostonhibby
21-08-2017, 06:46 PM
Imagine how pissed Cole (the open goal) Stockton must have been before that showing against dunfermline. Probably got a taxi straight from George Street to the wongadome, only way to explain it.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

hibsbollah
21-08-2017, 07:09 PM

This sounds a bit like George Best and Jean Pierre Rives in 1979. Best missed a league match against Ayr Utd the next day, I doubt Stokesy would have lasted the night back in the day. Lightweight.

Mibbes Aye
21-08-2017, 07:12 PM
Does Stokes not have three goals in three games for us already?

Even if the guy never scored another goal for us he'll always be a hero to me for tucking the Rangers away in the Cup Final.

I love Stokesy, delighted he's back and I'm sure he'll do well for us.

:agree:

Stokes is a goalscorer, pure and simple. He's lacking a bit of match fitness but will pick that up.

Even despite not being fit, he's still putting the ball in the net.

Looking forward to him developing his understanding with Murray.

Also think we will get results from him and Big Dave. Dave looks clever and I can see him feeding Stokesie.

BullsCloseHibs
21-08-2017, 07:19 PM
Father Stokes.

Genius.

Just brilliant 😀

hibsbollah
21-08-2017, 07:20 PM
:agree:

Stokes is a goalscorer, pure and simple. He's lacking a bit of match fitness but will pick that up.

Even despite not being fit, he's still putting the ball in the net.

Looking forward to him developing his understanding with Murray.

Also think we will get results from him and Big Dave. Dave looks clever and I can see him feeding Stokesie.

I think you've missed the central point of this thread, which is after a sniff of the barmaids apron Anthony loses all self control. He simply can't handle his Ale. Malary Martin, on the other hand...

matty_f
21-08-2017, 08:07 PM
I think you've missed the central point of this thread, which is after a sniff of the barmaids apron Anthony loses all self control. He simply can't handle his Ale. Malary Martin, on the other hand...

That's 'dead ball expert' Malary Martin to give him his full name.

Onion
21-08-2017, 08:32 PM
Stokes = Living Legend beyond reproach.

End of.

:hibees

Aldo
21-08-2017, 09:21 PM
I have to admit I have stayed away since the final whistle on Saturday because I had an idea this place would end up like a train wreck and boy o boy it hasn't disappointed.

So we are now crap and Stokes is a waste of a wage because he's a lazy ******* that doesn't do anything and he's a not a team and likes to be out on the piss up Embra until 5 in the moron ting on a school nite. Have I missed anything.

Dear o dear. What a lot of crap. Why make things up!

He's better than Lafferty and co!

On his game close to being one of the best players in the Scottish Premier League and let's not forget he chose us. Yes us and signed for a lot less money than he could have made elsewhere!

This place is infested!

RossScott1991
21-08-2017, 09:31 PM
As others have said, i have stayed away from this place since saturday to let it all settle down. As most others see it, it was a wake up call but nothing less. Like everyone except celtic we will drop points over the course of the season. It just way it is. We will come good though.

Was astounded to see a thread about Stokes though. Unbelievable, this place was in meltdown all summer about not signing a striker etc and the guy hits 3 goals in 3 games soo far, albeit a consolation at end there and people are having a pop. He isn't even properly fully fit !

Some people won't be happy until we have guys like Rowan Vine playing upfront again!:rolleyes:

Wee Effen Bee
21-08-2017, 09:33 PM
I have to admit I have stayed away since the final whistle on Saturday because I had an idea this place would end up like a train wreck and boy o boy it hasn't disappointed.

So we are now crap and Stokes is a waste of a wage because he's a lazy ******* that doesn't do anything and he's a not a team and likes to be out on the piss up Embra until 5 in the moron ting on a school nite. Have I missed anything.

On his game close to being one of the best players in the Scottish Premier League and let's not forget he chose us. Yes us and signed for a lot less money than he could have made elsewhere!

This place is infested!
I've suggested this on another thread. I also questioned whether I needed a wee break from here as I was appalled at the garbage being posted since Saturday. Anyway, maybe it would be easier if someone just posted the current, 'cannae kick a ba', wage thieves' list so I know who in advance is being slagged off.

Borderhibbie76
23-08-2017, 08:49 AM

This place is infested!Aldo...ur bang on the money mate...i also stayed clear till Monday night...this place was/is infested at moment