PDA

View Full Version : Singing Section?

SRHibs
19-08-2017, 06:58 PM
What happened? Granted, the second half was pish, but barely heard a peep out of them after the first 5 minutes.

18Hibee75
19-08-2017, 07:20 PM
Was very flat in there today, a bit like the performance. Think everyone was a bit shocked and annoyed at the performance to be honest.

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk

19-08-2017, 07:22 PM
Got the crowd going a few times fair play to them. Just wish they weren't so high up, much prefered when they were in the East. Although having said that the East got a few chants of their own going today.

In fainress though, wasn't a great deal to get excited about today.

LaMotta
19-08-2017, 07:53 PM
Early days I know, but think it was a mistake shoving them upstairs away in the corner.

DH1875
19-08-2017, 08:00 PM
Early days I know, but think it was a mistake shoving them upstairs away in the corner.

:agree: Games against rangers, hearts, Aberdeen and Celtic will take care of themselves. Games against the rest like today could be a struggle.

heretoday
19-08-2017, 09:58 PM
They're like Hibs. Can't do it every time.

NBHibby
19-08-2017, 10:21 PM
Didn't really hear much from the other sections in the stadium to be fair. Yes, there should have been more noise from the singing section, but there should have been more noise from the rest of the support.

Hfcwilson3192
20-08-2017, 02:36 AM
They've been placed in a crap section to be honest they shoulduve been placed behind the goals. Would love to see a standing section similar to celtics behind there it would look cracking and would be very affective.

Centre Hawf
20-08-2017, 03:08 AM
Can't believe they were moved into the famous five. Terrible place to be honest with you. You could see them waving the flags and hear them on the odd occasion but it just doesn't have the same impact as it did in the west regardless of the position I think. Nothing against the lads in it cause I know for a fact they try their best regardless of result or performance but its not been ideal so far.

Johnny Clash
20-08-2017, 04:15 AM
All things considered - I thought the atmosphere was much improved today compared to previous games against Hamilton. From the back of the East I can only ever see a small corner of the Singing Section and it looked to me like they were making an effort but as been said previously the acoustics mean that most of the East will hardly hear the noise they generate.

macca70
20-08-2017, 06:23 AM

It's been a huge mistake to move them from the east. Now the east is like a library other than the odd outbreak of an attempt at a song.

It was chicken or egg scenario yesterday with the singing section. Are they meant to create noise to get behind the team or will they only sing when the team are playing well.

Yesterday, it was like they didn't know any hibs songs. Both home games they have sung 'We've played in South morocco.........' save that for games against the Jambos, that was then followed yesterday by 'If I had the wings of a sparrow........' what an embarrassing song, that was about the only 2 songs heard in the 2nd half yesterday.

At 1 point yesterday the east broke into a song and the singing section were singing something completely different.

Don't think I heard the Simon Murray song once yesterday, he's our top scorer having an off day, try giving him some encouragement and backing the team through the tough times not just when we're winning.

thebausburst
20-08-2017, 06:33 AM
Not now silent singer.....

frazeHFC
20-08-2017, 06:34 AM
It's been a huge mistake to move them from the east. Now the east is like a library other than the odd outbreak of an attempt at a song.

It was chicken or egg scenario yesterday with the singing section. Are they meant to create noise to get behind the team or will they only sing when the team are playing well.

Yesterday, it was like they didn't know any hibs songs. Both home games they have sung 'We've played in South morocco.........' save that for games against the Jambos, that was then followed yesterday by 'If I had the wings of a sparrow........' what an embarrassing song, that was about the only 2 songs heard in the 2nd half yesterday.

At 1 point yesterday the east broke into a song and the singing section were singing something completely different.

Don't think I heard the Simon Murray song once yesterday, he's our top scorer having an off day, try giving him some encouragement and backing the team through the tough times not just when we're winning.

You want to go over and start the songs?

macca70
20-08-2017, 06:40 AM
You want to go over and start the songs?

Not really, I join in when I want.

But why claim to be a designated 'SINGING SECTION' but then just stay silent for a whole 2nd half especially when the team needed the backing from the fans the most.

Deek01
20-08-2017, 10:25 AM
Just an idea, how about the many expert singing judges in here join in with the singing at games and contribute that way? Dare say that'll probably have a more positive end result than weekly negative posts on here. I'm sure there's only so much the singing section group can do without anyone else willing to join in.

emerald green
20-08-2017, 10:30 AM
Football fans (the world over) tend to not feel very much like having a sing-song when their team is being outplayed and losing.

It was compounded yesterday by almost a sense of disbelief (for some) and disappointment at what the home fans were witnessing.

Islington Hibs
20-08-2017, 10:49 AM
I was sitting in the FF not far from them and they did their best. Position seems wrong and also there are at most 100-150 in the section but I would say they do a great job and particularly after we went 1-0 down immediately tried to lift the tempo.= More widely that was a dreadful performance but I thought the support was reasonably forgiving. Not too many boos and pretty supportive. I think our support are really getting their act together- a few seasons ago a performance like that would have been met with enormous hostility.

Since90+2
20-08-2017, 10:52 AM
Said it at the time when it was announced the top corner of the FF is the wrong place for a singing section. Doesn't work.

Hfcwilson3192
20-08-2017, 11:32 AM
Said it at the time when it was announced the top corner of the FF is the wrong place for a singing section. Doesn't work. aye it's daft like hopefully they get moved to the lower behind the goals. A standing section would look superb there.

RossScott1991
20-08-2017, 11:59 AM
Think its rubbish if i'm being honest. They need to be moved back to the east next season. They should get their own section bang in the middle of the east, that way everyone in stadium has a good view of it and players coming out the tunnel will be able to see any flags, banners etc. IMO

Real Emerald
20-08-2017, 12:03 PM
Think its rubbish if i'm being honest. They need to be moved back to the east next season. They should get their own section bang in the middle of the east, that way everyone in stadium has a good view of it and players coming out the tunnel will be able to see any flags, banners etc. IMO

Well they're not getting my seat bang in the centre of the East where I've sat since it opened. I agree with you however, the move to the FF top corner was always going to be a failure and has proved so. From my seat they would be as well being in the car park for all I can hear and it has definitely had a negative affected on the atmosphere in the East.

Hfcwilson3192
20-08-2017, 01:33 PM
Think its rubbish if i'm being honest. They need to be moved back to the east next season. They should get their own section bang in the middle of the east, that way everyone in stadium has a good view of it and players coming out the tunnel will be able to see any flags, banners etc. IMO you've hit the jackpot there like that would look cracking ma man

Danderhall Hibs
20-08-2017, 01:43 PM
Well they're not getting my seat bang in the centre of the East where I've sat since it opened. I agree with you however, the move to the FF top corner was always going to be a failure and has proved so. From my seat they would be as well being in the car park for all I can hear and it has definitely had a negative affected on the atmosphere in the East.

You'll do what you're told mate.

Real Emerald
20-08-2017, 01:49 PM
You'll do what you're told mate.

No I won't, they can't just keep moving people out of there regular long term seats to suit the singing section. There's no way the ST holders in section 41 would move out, they wouldn't even try.

Danderhall Hibs
20-08-2017, 01:51 PM
No I won't, they can't just keep moving people out of there regular long term seats to suit the singing section. There's no way the ST holders in section 41 would move out, they wouldn't even try.

They can do what they want mate. They already did.

You'd probably want guarantees they'll sing though before you suck it up and move along a bit.

Since90+2
20-08-2017, 01:54 PM

You'd probably want guarantees they'll sing though before you suck it up and move along a bit.

He's right though. The club won't move hundreds of season ticket holders from the middle of the east.

Real Emerald
20-08-2017, 01:58 PM

It's one thing moving a few people out of one of the smallest and worst sections in the stadium to moving hundred of ST holders in one of the best places in the stadium. The club would realise tha backlash from this, it's hypocritical anyway and IMHO they wouldn't even try. If they did then we would all just keep our seats and join the singing section, 😂 🎶

StevieT
20-08-2017, 01:58 PM

I agree 100%. The singing section want to choose where they sit, they want to have a standing area created for them but apart from the opening game of the season they have been posted missing. They haven't been at any of the cup games and yesterday it looked like they couldn't be bothered. Perhaps the location isn't the best but perhaps if they were to make a success of it then they could ask about moving elsewhere. So far it hasn't been great....noise at the opening game of the season (which possibly would have happened anyway under the circumstances), no attendance pre season or cup games, and silence yesterday.

Keith_M
20-08-2017, 01:59 PM
He's right though. The club won't move hundreds of season ticket holders from the middle of the east.

...or from the FF Lower.

How about they go in Section 27 in the South? They'd then be competing with the Away Fans and would be visible from most parts of the ground. When Celtc, Hearts & The Rangers come to visit, the atmosphere will take care of itself, so bung them back up the FF again for those games.

Edit: I meant to write 27, not 25. Now edited

Since90+2
20-08-2017, 02:02 PM
...or from the FF Lower.

How about they go in Section 25 in the South? They'd then be competing with the Away Fans and would be visible from most parts of the ground. When Celtc, Hearts & The Rangers come to visit, the atmosphere will take care of itself, so bung them back up the FF again for those games.

If the club were going to annoy hundreds of season ticket holders they would stick the singing section in the FF lower behind the goals. It's been said numerous times and it's generally accepted it's the most natural place for it to be. I don't think that will happen but it's more likely than the middle of the east.

StevieT
20-08-2017, 02:20 PM
If the club were going to annoy hundreds of season ticket holders they would stick the singing section in the FF lower behind the goals. It's been said numerous times and it's generally accepted it's the most natural place for it to be. I don't think that will happen but it's more likely than the middle of the east.

Can't see it ever happening there though as that's where the cheap kids tickets are. The club are never going to allow cheap kids seats in other areas of the ground thus not being able to sell the same seat to a full paying adult.

Keith_M
20-08-2017, 02:22 PM

But that doesn't mean the club will actually do that.

The whole thing is a bit of a farce now, as there was nothing wrong with the Singing Section originally designated by the Club after the new East Stand was built. The atmosphere was amazing in the first few months after it opened and only degenerated because of how bad the team was doing.

Real Emerald
20-08-2017, 02:28 PM
But that doesn't mean the club will actually do that.

The whole thing is a bit of a farce now, as there was nothing wrong with the Singing Section originally designated by the Club after the new East Stand was built. The atmosphere was amazing in the first few months after it opened and only degenerated because of how bad the team was doing.

I agree, the East has been really noisy and jumping for a while now and moving the drummer and singing section out has really killed this to an extent. I honestly can't see it working way up there but they've all probably lost their old ST seats now from where they were in the East. It's a real pity given the atmosphere they created at even the poorest of games. There's no way they'll ever shift ST holders in the middle of the East though, so it has created a problem, I'm not sure the club had a choice on this or not?

RIP
20-08-2017, 02:50 PM
Rather than have a go at a small group of fans why aren't we asking why the club only consulted the Since1875 lads in relation to the location of the Singing Section.

The gantry area at Easter Road (Sec43) is where the singers have co-located since the 1980s and all that happened when the new East stand was built was that the usual singers stood in the same area as before i.e. beside the away support.

My family group have been in the same area (s42-44) along with 1000 others since 2010 and we were not consulted about relocation. Sure the group of lads down the front of S43 were keen to relocate to the North but I'm pretty sure that they made it clear to management that they weren't speaking on behalf of the whole East Stand Singing Section.

It's still early days for the guys in the FF so let's give their venture maximum encouragement until then.

SChibs
20-08-2017, 03:32 PM
I agree 100%. The singing section want to choose where they sit, they want to have a standing area created for them but apart from the opening game of the season they have been posted missing. They haven't been at any of the cup games and yesterday it looked like they couldn't be bothered. Perhaps the location isn't the best but perhaps if they were to make a success of it then they could ask about moving elsewhere. So far it hasn't been great....noise at the opening game of the season (which possibly would have happened anyway under the circumstances), no attendance pre season or cup games, and silence yesterday.

Nonsense, posted missing? Try sitting up in the section then coming to that conclusion.

StevieT
20-08-2017, 03:38 PM
Nonsense, posted missing? Try sitting up in the section then coming to that conclusion.

I sit in FF upper. Where were they for the league cup games? The Sunderland game? Are you seriously saying they weren't posted missing yesterday?

It's only my opinion but these guys have made a rod for their own backs. Pre season they had a lot of posts on here talking up the singing section. After the Partick game there was even talk of them wanting to take over the whole of the FF upper. They want a lot of publicity for when they do make a noise but surely must take the opposite when they are as flat as they were yesterday.

Chuck Rhoades
20-08-2017, 05:00 PM
I sit in FF upper. Where were they for the league cup games? The Sunderland game? Are you seriously saying they weren't posted missing yesterday?

It's only my opinion but these guys have made a rod for their own backs. Pre season they had a lot of posts on here talking up the singing section. After the Partick game there was even talk of them wanting to take over the whole of the FF upper. They want a lot of publicity for when they do make a noise but surely must take the opposite when they are as flat as they were yesterday.

Explain the publicity part please?

mentalhibee
20-08-2017, 05:09 PM
It might help if the rest of the FF Stand joined in with the signing.

Billy Whizz
20-08-2017, 05:12 PM

Might help if some of the Family section attended the games!
Last 2 home games, loads of empty spaces, what's going on

To deliver...
20-08-2017, 05:12 PM

What if they don't want to sing? I sit in the FF upper and enjoy myself every second Saturday without joining in the singing.

StevieT
20-08-2017, 05:13 PM
Explain the publicity part please?

Try this one for starters http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?323653-Since-1875-vs-Partick

Just have a look back over this site. Plenty of threads when things go well but they don't like any criticism.

Albanian Hibs
20-08-2017, 05:15 PM
When you are in the singing section you cant hear any noise or singing from anywhere else especially the away fans. I realise that may change when there is a bigger away support.

mentalhibee
20-08-2017, 05:18 PM
What if they don't want to sing? I sit in the FF upper and enjoy myself every second Saturday without joining in the singing.

Good example of why the section was better suited to the east stand near the away end.

Danderhall Hibs
20-08-2017, 05:18 PM
Might help if some of the Family section attended the games!
Last 2 home games, loads of empty spaces, what's going on

I'm pretty sure there are quite a few folk with a kids £25 ticket that's never used until they need an extra ticket for the derby or cup final.

To deliver...
20-08-2017, 05:22 PM
Good example of why the section was better suited to the east stand near the away end.

Will take a few seasons for those who want to sit in the singing section to migrate over to the FF and vis versa with those who find the banging of the drum a nuisance.

Billy Whizz
20-08-2017, 05:35 PM
I'm pretty sure there are quite a few folk with a kids £25 ticket that's never used until they need an extra ticket for the derby or cup final.

If that's the case, that's poor show

greenlex
20-08-2017, 05:37 PM
If that's the case, that's poor show
Easiest way to sort that is not allow a concession like that to be upgraded for cat A games or any games away from ER.

Billy Whizz
20-08-2017, 05:44 PM
Easiest way to sort that is not allow a concession like that to be upgraded for cat A games or any games away from ER.

Exactly, but not sure if you can upgrade or not?

Buy a season ticket at £25, then upgrade on a match to match basis of around £10 a game, (more for Cat A) games

19 games x£10 = season ticket for just over £220

To deliver...
20-08-2017, 06:01 PM

Buy a season ticket at £25, then upgrade on a match to match basis of around £10 a game, (more for Cat A) games

Cheapest home ticket would be at least £12 for the upgrade. More for Cat A games. Probably work out the same amount.

Famous Fiver
20-08-2017, 06:14 PM
Maybe they are now the signing section?:greengrin

Blaster
20-08-2017, 06:17 PM

Billy, I had to upgrade a senior family ticket to adult for the game yesterday and it cost me £15.

RyeSloan
20-08-2017, 06:17 PM
Will take a few seasons for those who want to sit in the singing section to migrate over to the FF and vis versa with those who find the banging of the drum a nuisance.

That's a bit like expecting the mountain to move to Mohammed though.

The East for long enough has been the traditional home for those that sing at matches. To therefore move the small band of dedicated fans that could and did prompt those of similar ilk to join in to not only a different stand but to the one corner that pretty much ensures the East can't hear them was a poor idea that so far has had a poor outcome.

You may be right and it will take time to produce the goods but I'm far from convinced.

Billy Whizz
20-08-2017, 06:19 PM
Billy, I had to upgrade a senior family ticket to adult for the game yesterday and it cost me £15.

Thanks for confirming Blaster, so probably around £21 for a Cat A match

But back to my original point, why so many empty seats?

Blaster
20-08-2017, 06:22 PM
Thanks for confirming, so probably around £21 for a Cat A match

Yes I think they must factor in the cost per game for the season ticket. I'm sure a walk up price was 22 adult / 12 senior so expected to pay a tenner

Was gutted when the girl said 15 lol 😄

SChibs
20-08-2017, 06:53 PM

Ask them yourselves, we tried to create some sort of an atmosphere yesterday but nobody else joins in plus we conceded a few goals so naturally it's going to be quieter. I prefer the singing section being behind the goals.

HTD1875
20-08-2017, 07:16 PM
It's clearly not the best place for them however you can't expect hibs to move people out the seats they have been in for years. Although there was a small number in Section 25 it has been the most unpopular section for years and was the last to sell out in a couple of the big games last year.

People need to remember that the atmosphere at most run of the mill home games has been rubbish for years, even worse when we're getting beat 3-0.

HappyAsHellas
20-08-2017, 07:16 PM
I'm in the singing section now as I do what my daughter tells me :greengrin It's better than section 43 because you don't have people moaning about flag waving, or asking you to sit down all the time. It's only just started so why not wait and see how it pans out rather than have digs at fellow fans who are trying to improve things?

StevieT
20-08-2017, 07:21 PM
Ask them yourselves, we tried to create some sort of an atmosphere yesterday but nobody else joins in plus we conceded a few goals so naturally it's going to be quieter. I prefer the singing section being behind the goals.

I have put the question out there and had no response.

Onceinawhile
20-08-2017, 08:22 PM
Cheapest home ticket would be at least £12 for the upgrade. More for Cat A games. Probably work out the same amount.

It's £20 to upgrade a child family ticket (e.g. the £25 season ticket) to an adult for a normal match. Not sure about cat a.

Canon Hannan
20-08-2017, 08:44 PM
I'm in the singing section now as I do what my daughter tells me :greengrin It's better than section 43 because you don't have people moaning about flag waving, or asking you to sit down all the time. It's only just started so why not wait and see how it pans out rather than have digs at fellow fans who are trying to improve things?

Well said HappyAshellas.

It looks and sounds great up there. All Ultras are behind the goals and it works abroad. This will grow through time. Well done to the singing section and great effort. The view is good up there when I have sat there too. Keep up the good work and ignore the doubters. OGC Nice have Ultras at both ends! They sing separately and it's fine! This will grow into 2 or 3 sections eventually which will help acoustics 😎👍

DH1875
20-08-2017, 08:46 PM

:agree: Had this debate on here more than once :agree:

GreenCastle
21-08-2017, 07:46 AM
Wow we have some moaners on here.

This new section is new and I think it's only fair to give them several games to see how it develops.

The Partick game was much different to Hamilton and as always performances are important to atmosphere.

I understand what people are saying about sing all the time and not just when winning but again easier said than done and not many clubs do.

I would be prepared for a thread about this section after every home - some won't accept change but many will give it a chance. Good luck to everyone in it - it's easy to moan on here or go to ER and try join in and make a difference.

Johnny Clash
21-08-2017, 08:39 AM
I saw the singing section in action throughout Saturday's game. Wasn't lack of effort it's just the sound is blocked from travelling into the East.

The answer is surely for the East to start make regular noise too - which only happened occasionally on Saturday but was good when it did. Still plenty standing up in Section 43 so I'm sure this will happen eventually. The bigger games will show if the move was a success or not.

K.Marx
21-08-2017, 09:15 AM
Wasn't lack of effort it's just the sound is blocked from travelling into the East.

This seems to be a problem which I know I didn't envisage. I have a seat in the new section and I've been surprised at the criticsm as it feels like we're making quite a racket. Seems like very few in the East are even hearing the chants to join in with which is disappointing. Nothing stopping those still based in S43 getting some atmosphere going as well though.

we are hibs
21-08-2017, 09:29 AM
i've been in 37 of the east the last couple games and can only vaguely hear the drum. It's a bit difficult to join in with chants if you can't hear/make them out.

SolentHibee
21-08-2017, 10:56 AM
i've been in 37 of the east the last couple games and can only vaguely hear the drum. It's a bit difficult to join in with chants if you can't hear/make them out.

Agree with this, I'm in section 38 and all Ive heard is very low level drum noise for the last few weeks. I was astounded after the Patrick game when there was a thread saying how good the singing section was as my wife and I heard nothing. Really disappointing as we were looking forward to them really raising the atmosphere this season. :flag:

Still, its early days and I really hope the guys can keep it going. It would be interesting to know what it sounds like to the players; if they think it's better then that would be the main thing in trying to spur them on.

Babyshamble
21-08-2017, 08:07 PM
Me& boy sit in sect 37.Hardly heard the drum ,or "singers " moving them to the ff was a big mistake.they should've stayed whey they were.although i wish them every success.maybe sat was a bad day for them .

Lancs Harp
21-08-2017, 08:14 PM
I would give it a little time. If the north end of the East picks up on the singing section then the noise should increase quite nicely. I can appreciate at the moment that the south end of the East is struggling to hear the singing section, to be honest when all the sound started from section 43 those in the FF struggled to hear them.

SRHibs
17-09-2017, 01:26 PM
Experiment failed IMO. No disrespect to the members of the section as you can see that they're trying, but no noise comes from where they're located. Motherwell's singers were of a similar number but were MUCH louder. I'm virtually on the halfway line too.

HFCdeb
17-09-2017, 01:39 PM
Experiment failed IMO. No disrespect to the members of the section as you can see that they're trying, but no noise comes from where they're located. Motherwell's singers were of a similar number but were MUCH louder. I'm virtually on the halfway line too.

Yeah I agree, heard nothing from my seat in sect 43 unfortunately. Every time I looked over at the FF I could see that they were drumming and singing but couldn't hear anything other than the Motherwell boys.

itslegaltender
17-09-2017, 01:40 PM
Sat in 45 yesterday for first time this season and the atmosphere has worsened in the East pretty dramatically.

Albanian Hibs
17-09-2017, 01:46 PM
I moved from the singing section back to the east. Was sat in sect 39 yesterday and could not hear anything from the section. Heard the Motherwell boys all game.

Pretty Boy
17-09-2017, 01:49 PM
I sit at the other end of the FF and all you can really hear is the bang of the drum, singing doesn't carry at all. Obviously sound doesn't usually travel well sideways but still.

Not intended as a criticism of the folk in the section, they tried something different to try to solve a problem. Not sure it's really worked out though.

SRHibs
17-09-2017, 01:52 PM
On another note, fair play to the Motherwell fans. Even at 2 down they were making tons of noise. Paid dividends in the end.

Billy Whizz
17-09-2017, 01:56 PM
Maybe the south maybe an option for them?

Keith_M
17-09-2017, 01:57 PM
Maybe the best place to create an atmosphere in the South Lower. The Singing Section could try moving there next.

Section 27, opposite the away fans?

Lancs Harp
17-09-2017, 01:58 PM
On another note, fair play to the Motherwell fans. Even at 2 down they were making tons of noise. Paid dividends in the end.

Alot of it is relative to where you sit. I was in the upper FF yesterday and although could see Motherwell had block singing non stop couldnt really actually hear them. The home atmosphere only really gets going when we get more than one stand going and thats not really happening. Feel sorry for the lads in the singing section its not really working we seem to have a half way house in the FF and a half way house in the East. Still on the positive side its great to be getting the gates we are and the atmosphere will improve Im sure especially with games to come with the likes of Celtic, Rangers, Hearts and Aberdeen.

18Hibee75
17-09-2017, 02:00 PM
Maybe the south maybe an option for them?

I have my season ticket in Singing section and yesterday I thought it was really good atmosphere up there and sang right through the game. It's very unfortunate as the boys at the front of the section are obviously trying very hard to generate an atmosphere and it's not through a lack of trying. The bottom of the south would be a good place to have it IMO

Onion
17-09-2017, 02:42 PM
Bottom line is, moving the singing section to the FF stand (like moving Witty to LB) just has not worked. Get them back to the East and start again (or clear everyone out of the FF and put in a much bigger singing section.

The few times the FF and East were singing the same song, timing was out which made it sound crap.

Forever_Green93
17-09-2017, 02:49 PM
As I mentioned in another thread, the problem with singing section atm is that it's only the front 5 or 6 rows that are singing and the people who are in the middle and the back of the section aren't joining in. If those people joined in then the section would be much louder.

Johnny Clash
17-09-2017, 03:18 PM
I don't think before the move that anyone even thought the acoustics would be so troublesome. Even when the singing section is in full flow the noise seems to disappear before it even reaches the East. Maybe our singing section is easier to hear by the away fans in the South ?

I wonder what the players think? After all, the atmosphere is mainly to help spur the team on. I'm guessing they heard more coming from section 43 than they do now, purely down to the acoustics and the way sound travels?

lord bunberry
17-09-2017, 03:27 PM
I sit in section 45 and I couldn't hear anything other than the Motherwell fans. Even when the Motherwell fans were quiet I couldn't hear the singing section.
I always join in with the singing, but it's hard when you can't hear what they're singing. I don't know if it's possible to move at this stage of the season, but it would be better for the atmosphere if they did.

Johnny Clash
17-09-2017, 03:36 PM
I sit in section 45 and I couldn't hear anything other than the Motherwell fans. Even when the Motherwell fans were quiet I couldn't hear the singing section.
I always join in with the singing, but it's hard when you can't hear what they're singing. I don't know if it's possible to move at this stage of the season, but it would be better for the atmosphere if they did.

How about we fill in the corners with stacks of Marshall amps and mic up the front of the FF/ East?? Blow the seagulls to ****** as well !! 😀

lord bunberry
17-09-2017, 03:41 PM
How about we fill in the corners with stacks of Marshall amps and mic up the front of the FF/ East?? Blow the seagulls to ****** as well !! 😀
Only if we can have lasers. :greengrin

Johnny Clash
17-09-2017, 04:41 PM
Only if we can have lasers. :greengrin

Now you're talking!!! :)

Nicho87
17-09-2017, 09:32 PM
It's not working

RyeSloan
17-09-2017, 10:58 PM
It's not working

Yup and the atmosphere has suffered big time....even the now traditional goal celebration was half baked yesterday because of it.

Was a very strange decision in the first place and I hope somehow the club and the dudes that put the effort in every week in that section can admit as much and try and rectify the situation as it's in everyone's interest to sort something better out.

Thegreenside
17-09-2017, 11:57 PM
Appreciate the boys making the effort and making the atmosphere but the move to ff is pish and nothing to do with the boys just a bad move

wearethehibs
18-09-2017, 05:50 AM
We're 2 home league games into the season, give it time.

Crazy idea, but those complaining about there not being an atmosphere, could you not help out by starting some songs where you sit?

G B Young
18-09-2017, 06:13 AM
Sorry if it's already been well covered but why was the singing section moved from the East?

Also, why is it easy enough to hear the away fans in the South but not songs from the FF? I don't understand the acoustics issue.

Firestarter
18-09-2017, 07:41 AM

Crazy idea, but those complaining about there not being an atmosphere, could you not help out by starting some songs where you sit?

3 games at it's not working due to the locations of the East and the FF. it's like chalk and cheese every trying to get they stands to sync.

147lothian
18-09-2017, 11:28 AM
Well done to the lads and lassies in the singing section for the banner, I was a bit gutted going to the game really disappointed with the board for putting out the statement when they should have stayed silent IMO.

I thought things had changed with fans reps and the arrival of LD but it seems like its the same old board who don't communicate with the fans given a make over to give them the appearance of being in touch

Carheenlea
18-09-2017, 11:35 AM
I was in the South, and while you could see there was chanting going on, it was inaudible, especially next to Motherwell's fans who made a good noise.
The atmosphere was still good though throughout the stadium, but unfortunately the idea that the new singing section was going to be a wall of noise every home game doesn't look like being the case.

Fizz
18-09-2017, 11:58 AM
Haven't read all the thread so apologies if repeating but don't think having a singing section at any END is the best place - if the South can't hear it from the North and the North couldn't hear it from the South the players won't always hear it either (if they notice at all). Best place would be near the pitch in East or West imho. Think lads are doing a great job though shame so far it's not working as expected.

Firestarter
18-09-2017, 12:12 PM
Haven't read all the thread so apologies if repeating but don't think having a singing section at any END is the best place - if the South can't hear it from the North and the North couldn't hear it from the South the players won't always hear it either (if they notice at all). Best place would be near the pitch in East or West imho. Think lads are doing a great job though shame so far it's not working as expected.

The section where it was last season was fine and made sense.

Thecat23
18-09-2017, 12:18 PM
Was it the fans who asked to be moved? If so why would you want to move as far up and out the road? If it wasn't the fans why did Hibs think it was a good idea? As I said before many teams all over the uk punt away fans high up in the away stands if they can to drown out the noise. Either go back to where it was or come down to the FF lower as proved on sat by Well fans it worked well.

CorrieHibs
18-09-2017, 12:22 PM
Was it the fans who asked to be moved? If so why would you want to move as far up and out the road? If it wasn't the fans why did Hibs think it was a good idea? As I said before many teams all over the uk punt away fans high up in the away stands if they can to drown out the noise. Either go back to where it was or come down to the FF lower as proved on sat by Well fans it worked well.

As far as I am aware. That was the least popular section with other ST's. ST's holders in the F5 lower didn't want to give up their seat and move.

It's a terrible up there tbh. The guys are trying but theyr'e too far.
I think moving them in the South Lower would be far better, then move into the east when we have CAT A games.

SRHibs
18-09-2017, 12:24 PM

Bit of a straw man there. We need another drum for the East too in that case. 2 games into the season or not, the acoustics of the stadium aren't going to magically change in the next few weeks. No-one's saying they're not trying, just that the sound isn't carrying from where they're located.

It was always a strange one for me. East has always been known (in my time supporting Hibs) as the load-bearer when it comes to creating the atmosphere. What was the reasoning behind moving to the FF?

SRHibs
18-09-2017, 12:27 PM
Sorry if it's already been well covered but why was the singing section moved from the East?

Also, why is it easy enough to hear the away fans in the South but not songs from the FF? I don't understand the acoustics issue.

Just the angles of the walls in the stand maybe? Motherwell's singers were probably a lot more audible in the East compared to the West, and vice versa for our singing section. Just speculating though.

Danderhall Hibs
18-09-2017, 12:42 PM
Mind there were about 30 folk up high in hospitality last seaso. (V Dunfermline)? Everyone could hear them. They weren't drowned out by a drum mind you.

RossScott1991
18-09-2017, 02:30 PM
Needs moved back to east asap. It's bad can't hear a thing. Tried to sing hibs hibs oooh song and noticed east joined in but both stands completely out of sync and singing different parts of song

Borderhibbie76
18-09-2017, 07:19 PM
It's dreadful where it is and it's killing the atmosphere at home games. Something needs done to change this urgently imo

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Peanut Shaz
18-09-2017, 07:28 PM
[QUOTE=Liam Miller;5171619]As far as I am aware. That was the least popular section with other ST's. ST's holders in the F5 lower didn't want to give up their seat and move.

For the record, some of us in that section didn't want to give up our seats and move either, but we had no choice. It was stay and sit in the singing section or move. I certainly wasn't happy at moving after sitting there for many years

macca70
18-09-2017, 08:24 PM
Totally bizzare decision to move it from the east to the FF, it's turned out to be a complete disaster.

HTD1875
18-09-2017, 08:25 PM
Atmosphere has been brutal at Easter road for as long as I can remember outwith category A games and the odd exception. Singing section was about 20 strong isolated at the bottom of the east last season.

SChibs
18-09-2017, 08:27 PM
Maybe if all the people who are moaning about the lack of noise attempted to make an atmosphere things would get a bit better? Why is it all the singing sections fault? There are 5000+ season tickets in the east, enough to make some sort of atmosphere.

13,000 season ticket holders but it's being left down to a group of 20 or so to produce something?

Firestarter
18-09-2017, 08:32 PM
Maybe if all the people who are moaning about the lack of noise attempted to make an atmosphere things would get a bit better? Why is it all the singing sections fault? There are 5000+ season tickets in the east, enough to make some sort of atmosphere.

13,000 season ticket holders but it's being left down to a group of 20 or so to produce something?

Nobody said it's their fault. The location is.

SChibs
18-09-2017, 08:35 PM
Nobody said it's their fault. The location is.

What I'm saying is it shouldnt matter that much. Theres enough people in the east including the many that stand at the back to create an atmosphere

BoomtownHibees
18-09-2017, 08:38 PM
What I'm saying is it shouldnt matter that much. Theres enough people in the east including the many that stand at the back to create an atmosphere

Why bother with them at all then?

SChibs
18-09-2017, 08:41 PM
People seem to think if there's a singing section only that section should be singing. At least that's what it looks like

LaMotta
18-09-2017, 08:52 PM
Moving them to the FF wasnt bizaare in itself, but putting them in the top tier in the corner certainly was. Singing sections have visual impact as well, so would have been much better in the bottom tier.

Its a shame because the move looks like being seen a failure but it could have been much better in the bottom tier.

BoomtownHibees
18-09-2017, 08:54 PM
People seem to think if there's a singing section only that section should be singing. At least that's what it looks like

Tbf all anyone is saying is that it's not as effective where they are placed now in comparison to where they were previously

HTD1875
18-09-2017, 08:55 PM
Moving them to the FF wasnt bizaare in itself, but putting them in the top tier in the corner certainly was. Singing sections have visual impact as well, so would have been much better in the bottom tier.

Its a shame because the move looks like being seen a failure but it could have been much better in the bottom tier.

Think the idea is that eventually, would need to up the numbers and atmosphere before the club would agree to such a drastic change in stadium lay out. Would mean moving family section somewhere else.

S4uzee
18-09-2017, 09:00 PM
They do a fantastic job, particularly the drummer but they need moved back (particularly for the bigger games with larger supports)

What a difference they made in Perth last week

K.Marx
18-09-2017, 09:18 PM
I would hazard a guess the Since 1875 lads will be in section 25 for the foreseeable. Perhaps those who think they can contribute to atmosphere can swap their ticket to sect 25 for the Aberdeen home game to boost numbers/noise?

I don't think we'd have a thread like this if the section was filled with 200/250 noisy supporters (which was obviously what the intention was in moving up there)

Unfortunately it's only the same 40/50 lads joining in each week, which was the same situation when they were located down the front of the east the past couple seasons

RyeSloan
18-09-2017, 09:18 PM

Are you just being obtuse or are you genuinely not getting the fact that the singing section acted a very effective fulcrum?

Losing that has significantly reduced the atmosphere and that cannot be considered positive.

DH1875
18-09-2017, 09:21 PM

Exactly :agree: People have even commented on this thread about how good the Motherwell boys were. Were they not behind the goals? Singing section would be great bang in the middle of the FF lower.

The Harp
18-09-2017, 09:38 PM
I'm a fan of the singing section and feel in past seasons they've improved the atmosphere at ER immensely. Can't honestly say that now because it's clearly not working in the end section of the FF. The accoustics in the area they occupied originally, high up in the east, seemed much better imo. Hope someone can come up with a solution because the guys are doing their best, I'd hate to see them lose interest.

Johnny Clash
18-09-2017, 10:14 PM
I'm a fan of the singing section and feel in past seasons they've improved the atmosphere at ER immensely. Can't honestly say that now because it's clearly not working in the end section of the FF. The accoustics in the area they occupied originally, high up in the east, seemed much better imo. Hope someone can come up with a solution because the guys are doing their best, I'd hate to see them lose interest.

The acoustics are really bad there. No lack of effort by the singing section who usually do us proud.

In an ideal world - the answer could be a standing/singing section filling in the gap between the FF and the East. A corner section should be visible by all parts of the ground and I would imagine the sound would travel ok??

1van Sprou7e
18-09-2017, 10:37 PM
Take a look at how many seats are still available in the singing section for tomorrow

https://www.eticketing.co.uk/hibernianfc/details/event.aspx?itemref=4059

If there aren't many people sitting their tomorrow then we should probably just move it back to the east

Keith_M
19-09-2017, 05:48 PM
Take a look at how many seats are still available in the singing section for tomorrow

https://www.eticketing.co.uk/hibernianfc/details/event.aspx?itemref=4059

If there aren't many people sitting their tomorrow then we should probably just move it back to the east

The Singing Section have their pick of seats for tonight's game, so there's (theoretically) nothing stopping them from creating a fantastic atmosphere.

Rattler
19-09-2017, 07:40 PM
The Singing Section have their pick of seats for tonight's game, so there's (theoretically) nothing stopping them from creating a fantastic atmosphere.

Certainly trying to generate some noise tonight despite the section being less than half full.

Not an easy task to keep it going when you're watching some of that Kama kamakaze defending!

SChibs
19-09-2017, 07:40 PM
Im sitting in the east tonight and I can hear the section fine. Keep going boys.

blackpoolhibs
19-09-2017, 07:41 PM
Certainly trying to generate some noise tonight despite the section being less than half full.

Not an easy task to keep it going when you're watching some of that Kama kamakaze defending!

Did Boy George write that?

Waxy
19-09-2017, 09:21 PM
Good job tonight from the singers.

SRHibs
19-09-2017, 09:27 PM
They're too far away from section 43 (the other singers). It's hard to coordinate singing together, and it feels like the noise from the singing section should theoretically spread in a wave around the ground but it just doesn't. Will be interesting to see how we sound in a big game though.

KingFranck
19-09-2017, 09:31 PM
Get the lads and the drum back to the East Stand shocking idea to have them so high up behind the goals.
They need to get them back in the East for the match v that lot from the other side of Edinburgh

gando
19-09-2017, 09:32 PM
Get the lads and the drum back to the East Stand shocking idea to have them so high up behind the goals.
They need to get them back in the East for the match v that lot from the other side of Edinburgh

not gonna happen

frazeHFC
19-09-2017, 09:34 PM
Great effort by everyone in the singing section tonight. Those who were there certainly can't be blamed for a lack of trying. Looking forward to the noise generated against the likes of Aberdeen and Hearts soon with a packed ER.

yonder1875
19-09-2017, 10:32 PM
Section looked good tonight. Would look even better up the back of the east, mind you!

davhibby
19-09-2017, 10:35 PM
It worked well for the Thistle game. Don't think they've been using the megaphone the had at that game since, maybe they should try that again. Thought they were good tonight

hibsboy69
19-09-2017, 10:40 PM
Great effort by the singing Section tonight - well done folks. :top marks:agree:

I do agree with the vast majority of Hibs fans, it would be MUCH better if you were back in The East................but looks like that won't happen, sadly :boo hoo:

Keith_M
20-09-2017, 01:48 PM
Great effort by the singing Section tonight - well done folks. :top marks:agree:

I do agree with the vast majority of Hibs fans, it would be MUCH better if you were back in The East................but looks like that won't happen, sadly :boo hoo:

Credt where it's due. Wasn't at the game but sounded like they did really well, in spite of the lack of numbers.

They have even been praised in JB's 'this is what it feels like thread', a rare honour indeed.

Firestarter
20-09-2017, 02:32 PM
Is there enough space in the east to accommodate? Seems the larger our support grows on a Match day they have no chance of getting back which sounds quite crap if they have been moved because of season ticket sales.

HFCdeb
20-09-2017, 02:34 PM
Could only hear the drum from my seat in the East and none of what was being sung. The boys in the East tried hard and a load of us joined in but I genuinely had no idea whether we were singing the same songs as the singing section or what.
It's not working in the FF and it's nothing to do with the lads and lassies up there, it's just not the right location.

SirDavidsNapper
20-09-2017, 05:02 PM
Said it at the time and still feel the same that the top corner of the FF is the worst possible place the singing section could be. It's not working acoustically. Hopefully be back in the east next season where it sounded great.

Dashing Bob S
20-09-2017, 05:13 PM
Said it at the time and still feel the same that the top corner of the FF is the worst possible place the singing section could be. It's not working acoustically. Hopefully be back in the east next season where it sounded great.

Why can't they go top centre in the FF and fan out from there?

Firestarter
20-09-2017, 05:19 PM

They not the posh black seats?

greenlad
20-09-2017, 05:29 PM

Because there are no spare seats there. Maybe 8-10 at most out of 250 in each block.

WhileTheChief..
20-09-2017, 05:49 PM
Get rid of the posh seats and fit more normal ones in their place.

linlithgowhibbie
20-09-2017, 08:30 PM

Naw,,,,,I sit there sometimes:thumbsup:

Billy Whizz
20-09-2017, 10:02 PM

Do we charge more for these seats?

macca70
21-09-2017, 06:29 AM
Do we charge more for these seats?

Previously it was about £1 a game more but not anymore, just the same price now and significantly more comfortable than a plastic seat.

macca70
21-09-2017, 06:37 AM
The club seemed to support the singing section by discussing the move and evicting a few famous five upper season ticket holders to allow them to relocate.

After the groups banner, having a go at the club about the rangers EBT statement, I would reckon it's unlikely the club will be as cooperative and accommodating regarding supporting them with any future move.

Peevemor
21-09-2017, 06:44 AM
The club seemed to support the singing section by discussing the move and evicting a few famous five upper season ticket holders to allow them to relocate.

After the groups banner, having a go at the club about the rangers EBT statement, I would reckon it's unlikely the club will be as cooperative and accommodating regarding supporting them with any future move.

I doubt that banner will change anything at all in the club's dealings with the singing section.

Pete
21-09-2017, 07:08 AM
Is their present location simply not one stage in the plan to get them to move to the middle of the FF lower tier?

There's no hospitality windows to block now and all it'll be is a case of shifting the present season ticket holders and kids section. Not impossible, and the section would look and sound better there IMO. All about the long game.

Keith_M
21-09-2017, 09:14 AM
Is their present location simply not one stage in the plan to get them to move to the middle of the FF lower tier?

There's no hospitality windows to block now and all it'll be is a case of shifting the present season ticket holders and kids section. Not impossible, and the section would look and sound better there IMO. All about the long game.

Sounds really simple when you don't think about it too deeply.

1) Where would you put the Family Section?

2) What will you do with the people that already have season ticketsin those areas and have to be moved to accomodate them?

3) As the Family section currently enjoys lower prices, will you keep those the same, but charge people in equivelant pitch side sets more then them, for the same view?

4) Do you really want to P' off circa 3,000 people (current Family Section ST holders andpeople moved to accomodate them) by forcibly moving them from seats they might just enjoy sitting in.

5) Finally, and most importantly, is there any evidence that we have 1,500 - 2,000 people willing to move in to the FF Lower to create a mega singing section?

Pete
21-09-2017, 05:05 PM
Sounds really simple when you don't think about it too deeply.

1) Where would you put the Family Section?

2) What will you do with the people that already have season ticketsin those areas and have to be moved to accomodate them?

3) As the Family section currently enjoys lower prices, will you keep those the same, but charge people in equivelant pitch side sets more then them, for the same view?

4) Do you really want to P' off circa 3,000 people (current Family Section ST holders andpeople moved to accomodate them) by forcibly moving them from seats they might just enjoy sitting in.

5) Finally, and most importantly, is there any evidence that we have 1,500 - 2,000 people willing to move in to the FF Lower to create a mega singing section?

I only said it wasn't impossible and it certainly isn't beyond the wit of man to do it gradually.

I would move the family pricing section to the West lower or the East. A lot of people will follow the money (our group included). I'm sure there will be people who are unhappy but if there were incentives on offer I'm sure an agreement could be reached.

I'm only assuming that this is still the groups aim. 🤔

RIP
26-09-2017, 12:36 PM
This thread seems to circulate regularly and I had a keen interest in them having been involved a few years ago. I'll have a go at stating the recollections and perceptions of my friends and family group of supporters who have been based in or around the South end of the East since the 1980's?

Cowshed to Old East Gantry
The singers at Easter Road used to be based in the old' Cowshed', now the Famous Five
That was when the side of the pitch was just terracing. Sound is always better projected up into a roof and out.
When the Old East Stand was built, the singers relocated temporarily into the TV gantry space, near the away fans, under the low roof. Although there were small seats it was possible to stand.
A combination of side on view of the pitch, acoustics and proximity to joust with the opposition meant that are is where the singers remained

New East Stand
Prior to the opening of the new East, a few of us started a campaign to have that same area delegated as a Singing Section
In dialogue with the club we agreed on the top 20 rows in Section 43
That was where we were allowed to stand and sing (after some feeble initial attempts by stewards to get us to sit :na na:)
In big games the amount of people standing extended across sections 42 (top) and 44. Singing is louder standing up!
In the days of Hibs12thMan and Sect43 we had the loudest, most sustained singing support in Scotland
This era coincided with some very dire football which impacted upon the enthusiasm to sing all game

Sect43 relocation, Since 1875
The group of 20-30 'ultras' (not sure that's how they defined themselves - apologies gents) who went home and away, made flags, carried the drum suddenly moved down the front.
This was in consultation with club management, but I'm not sure if the rest of the singing section was consulted, so it caught many of us by surprise
That move had an immediate and retrograde effect on the atmosphere by splitting the singing across two areas - bottom and top
This group continued to have dialogue with the club with a view to relocating to behind the goals
This dialogue led to the formation of a new section in the Famous Five

Singers remaining in Section43
Those of us who remain loyal to the East probably won't move to the FF. We prefer the side on, high up view of the pitch, front on view of the tunnel and the chance to barney with the opposition singers.
We are still standing for 90 minutes and that won't be changing any time soon. In big games there could be up to 1000 standing.
Some new song starters are emerging out of the pack. I've heard talk of a drum although I think it would be a poor call whilst the new FF section is still finding it's feet.

I think it will be interesting to see how things evolve in both areas of the stadium. But there's little doubt that the overall backing for the team has suffered due to the changes over recent years. Five years ago we were drowning out every team. Now from the perspective of all areas of the ground apart from the North end of Easter Road, we are being out-sung by 700 Motherwell fans which is downright embarrassing.

wearethehibs
26-09-2017, 12:59 PM
RIP, you say we are drowned out by 700 Motherwell fans but from where I sit in the FF, I hardly heard the Motherwell fans once but could hear our fans throughout. Just fyi.

RIP
26-09-2017, 01:03 PM
RIP, you say we are drowned out by 700 Motherwell fans but from where I sit in the FF, I hardly heard the Motherwell fans once but could hear our fans throughout. Just fyi.

Fair dos bud, have edited my post accordingly. :aok:

I'm_cabbaged
26-09-2017, 01:04 PM

I sit in the middle of the east, all you could hear was the drum. Motherwell on the other hand were very loud!!

26-09-2017, 01:08 PM
Yeah I’m at the back of the east on the half way line and the Motherwell fans sounded louder.

blackpoolhibs
26-09-2017, 01:12 PM
I think until the day the singing section is in the middle of the front tier of the FF, we will continue to have these threads.

The big games will take care of themselves, but for a proper singing section to work every week and grow, in my opinion, that is where it needs to be.

99% of the best days at away grounds have been behind one goal or another, and most clubs more vociferous supporters are normally behind one of the ends of their stadium.

Cue arguments on I have sat here for years and I won't move for anyone. That's fine just expect more of the same, and more threads like this one.

Lancs Harp
26-09-2017, 02:53 PM
Yeah I’m at the back of the east on the half way line and the Motherwell fans sounded louder.

Im with wearehibs. I dont know if its acoustics, wind direction or what but I too sat in the FF for the Motherwell game and although I could see 'Well fans were animated and therefore probably singing, We couldnt actually hear anyting from them.

RIP
28-09-2017, 10:35 AM
I think until the day the singing section is in the middle of the front tier of the FF, we will continue to have these threads. Most clubs more vociferous supporters are normally behind one of the ends.

Does anyone know where our SPL rivals have their singing sections?

SChibs
28-09-2017, 10:55 AM
Celtic - corner

Rangers - behind goals

St j - half way up stand on side of pitch

Motherwell - in the corner of the side stand right next to the away fans

Hearts - the whole stadium according to them