PDA

View Full Version : Barker

Billy McKirdy
19-08-2017, 06:12 PM
On a positive note I thought young Brandon done well when he came on, felt sorry for him as too many of our players were well off the pace but I could see he really has something to offer.

Nicho87
19-08-2017, 06:13 PM
Yeah ok. Didn't like him bottling out a fifty fifty in centre midfield though. However he was maybe following the starting elevens example

Billy McKirdy
19-08-2017, 06:15 PM
Really? that's a bit unfair, he showed character in the final third and linked well in my opinion.

wookie70
19-08-2017, 06:16 PM
Did ok but hard game to make a debut

Smartie
19-08-2017, 06:23 PM
A hard game to make a debut but I thought he contributed very little and the fact that we were carrying him as a passenger led to us falling out of the game.

Then he got the ball, went on that run and showed us all exactly what he could do. Brilliant, driving run from deep that unsettled their defence for the first time really on what was a very comfortable afternoon for them.

If we can work out how to use him properly he could be very effective for us.

I have a hunch he'll blow hot and cold.

cleanyman
19-08-2017, 06:25 PM
This is the big league now. Hard to judge but didn't do much. Accies dealt with him pretty easily

hibee_girl
19-08-2017, 06:27 PM
I thought he looked uncomfortable when he first came on but got better as the game continued. He had a few good runs, looks like a good addition imo.

hibsbollah
19-08-2017, 06:37 PM
He lost possession a few times and was generally careless with possession until the nice run and shot late on, which was probably the first bit of quality we'd seen all afternoon.

He's obvious impressed the management and I'm looking forward to seeing him establish himself.

ekhibee
19-08-2017, 06:38 PM
My understanding was that he's a left winger so was playing out of position most of the game. That run he made not long before the end of the game showed what he can do, perhaps just needs another game or 2. Roberts wasn't an instant success at Celtic but he turned into one, lets hope we can do the same with Brandon.

TelaStella
19-08-2017, 07:45 PM
Didn't do much to impress me today, looked a bit like a Duncan Wattmore. Still, too early to say really.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Billy Whizz
19-08-2017, 07:47 PM
I was gobsmacked when he was put on. Lennon said he's not match for, and then threw him on
Just shows you the lack of width we have in the forward areas

Just hope he gets a few development games under his belt to add to his fitness

ancient hibee
19-08-2017, 07:58 PM
Don't think he received anything remotely like a decent pass.

Vini1875
19-08-2017, 08:00 PM
Once he is up to speed I think he will be a decent player. Today was a tough start for him.

Smartie
19-08-2017, 08:02 PM
Don't think he received anything remotely like a decent pass.

He didn't, but I didn't see him getting himself into many decent positions to receive one.

ancient hibee
19-08-2017, 08:07 PM
Not sure that he really knew where he was supposed to be

Golden Bear
19-08-2017, 08:08 PM
He started off in the middle, was switched to wide left and finished the game on the wide right! A baptism of fire if ever there was. It he was signed as a wide left player then let the lad play there.

TheMentalHibees
19-08-2017, 08:08 PM
Don't think he's fully fit, had a couple flashes today but think once he's up to speed he'll make a good contribution.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MountcastleHibs
19-08-2017, 08:13 PM
Tin hat on, but when he was brought on I didn't see anything in him that Fraser Murray wouldn't have offered (I suppose arguably experience). Don't want us to stunt his development! Having said that, obviously can't judge Barker based on that today.

Brummie_Hibs
19-08-2017, 08:18 PM
4/10 - which ironically makes him no better of worse than the rest of the team.

LaMotta
19-08-2017, 08:29 PM
He didn't, but I didn't see him getting himself into many decent positions to receive one.

Not sure that he really knew where he was supposed to be

sorry for saying this but his brief stint reminded me a bit of Alan o' Brien.:shocked::shocked:

His late run looked promising though, hopefully he will be nothing like O Brien.

Far too early to judge of course.

Billy Whizz
19-08-2017, 08:32 PM
sorry for saying this but his brief stint reminded me a bit of Alan o' Brien.:shocked::shocked:

His late run looked promising though, hopefully he will be nothing like O Brien.

And probably unfair on him, throwing him on when he's hardly played a competitive game this season

LaMotta
19-08-2017, 08:33 PM
And probably unfair on him, throwing him on when he's hardly played a competitive game this season

:agree:

keep the faith
19-08-2017, 08:41 PM
He was miles off it today. Think he should be in training and dev games for a few weeks before we see him in the first team squad again.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
19-08-2017, 08:41 PM
Let's not try to draw any conclusions from the laddies first 30 mins on the pitch.

Especially when he was brought on while the rest of the team were obviously having a wee day off......

neil7908
19-08-2017, 09:08 PM
There's no way anyone can draw any conclusions based on his time on the pitch today

Mibbes Aye
19-08-2017, 09:18 PM
Very, very early to judge and he will learn so much from playing first-team football. It really is a different level, regardless of the calibre of the club you've been loaned from.

I will be interested to see how he does against teams that set up more openly against us. That will give him more opportunities and hopefully build his confidence.

keep the faith
19-08-2017, 09:41 PM
Very, very early to judge and he will learn so much from playing first-team football. It really is a different level, regardless of the calibre of the club you've been loaned from.

I will be interested to see how he does against teams that set up more openly against us. That will give him more opportunities and hopefully build his confidence.

Hamilton were very open against us. No parking of the bus, just better all over the park today.

Roxyhibee
19-08-2017, 09:41 PM
The best football brain in the world couldn't have concluded anything from young Brandon's performance today.

Ridiculously early, terrible team display by every single player around him, brand new environment.

Jones28
19-08-2017, 09:44 PM
Had high expectations but very harsh to judge a debutante today.

cabbageandribs1875
19-08-2017, 09:56 PM
I was gobsmacked when he was put on. Lennon said he's not match for, and then threw him on

you were not alone in thinking that :agree:

heretoday
19-08-2017, 09:57 PM
We needed a winger down the left and he wasn't it.

Dalianwanda
19-08-2017, 10:18 PM
Hes not played in Scotland, hes not played much lately..Hes shown flashes of talent already, give him time..

GreenLake
19-08-2017, 10:23 PM
I would start him next week. He looks a different class.

keep the faith
19-08-2017, 11:02 PM

!!! Based on what???

Mibbes Aye
20-08-2017, 12:10 AM
Hamilton were very open against us. No parking of the bus, just better all over the park today.

They weren't.

Though I agree they were better than us today, hence the result.

I'd be interested to see how he does against teams that come to ER actively seeking a win and how he does when we go to teams looking to beat us at their home. I hope he would get more confidence from having a bit more space to operate in.

I think this is probably the test for him - can he cut it, playing first-team football against the likes of decent sides like Aberdeen?

NZ Green
20-08-2017, 01:29 AM
I think he should start next week, he had a few occasions where he managed to take on a few players with speed and get the ball in and around the box. Very difficult game for him to start in and I think he did OK considering. Hamilton seemed to have 3 men on every player whenever we had the ball.

JimBHibees
20-08-2017, 11:41 AM

Agree was amazed he was put on so early and would have given Danny more time as only 1 0. Didn't help team at all IMO and led to us getting overrun in midfield

The_Horde
20-08-2017, 11:44 AM
I think he should start next week, he had a few occasions where he managed to take on a few players with speed and get the ball in and around the box. Very difficult game for him to start in and I think he did OK considering. Hamilton seemed to have 3 men on every player whenever we had the ball.

You would start a player you've seen 20 minutes of? Come on.

SeanWilson
20-08-2017, 12:35 PM

🤣🤣🤣

SeanWilson
20-08-2017, 12:36 PM

No danger. He made one good run and other than that I forgot he was on the pitch. Was v poor of Lennon to chuck him in to that shower yesterday IMO.

NZ Green
20-08-2017, 01:23 PM
You would start a player you've seen 20 minutes of? Come on.

No danger. He made one good run and other than that I forgot he was on the pitch. Was v poor of Lennon to chuck him in to that shower yesterday IMO.
I think he did well considering he was thrown into a game during the second half of a match which was a bit of a mess - on his debut too.
I'm just saying I would like to see how he gets on starting a game and having time to get into the rhythm of the match, assuming the rest of the team play in rhythm too. He had some speed and wasn't afraid of taking defenders head on, he must have been one of the only players to actually run the ball into the box in the second half.
Ofcourse I could be wrong, but I think you can get a rough idea of how a player plays with just 5 or 6 spells with the ball, I think he should be given the chance. I reckon in a few weeks people will be rating him.

20-08-2017, 01:26 PM

Alan O'Brien. Jees that name brings back horrible memories! One of the most chicken hearted players i've ever seen in a hibs jersey.

ancient hibee
20-08-2017, 02:07 PM
We needed a winger down the left and he wasn't it.

Particularly as he was shifted to the right and then the middle.Would have been better if he had been kept in his preferred position.

NAE NOOKIE
20-08-2017, 02:31 PM
His introduction was a roll of the dice by Lennon which didn't work if he thought it would change the game, but the laddie did his best considering he must have watched the first hour and thought 'WTF have I gotten myself into?' He was all over the pitch and didn't really settle into one position, but I doubt that was his decision.

No way he can be judged on being part of yesterdays shambles ..... lets give him some time and see what we end up with.

greenlex
20-08-2017, 04:09 PM
I think they boy will be a big asset to us. One of the few with pass marks yesterday considering the circumstances.

euro Hibby
20-08-2017, 04:43 PM
Many on the forum had issues with Simon Murry when he was signed, others still think wee lewis is a weak link. Way too early to pass judgement on any of the new guys. I am sure lennon knows a player. It's just a season lone in this case so a calculated gamble maybe. I am happy with the squad , it looks quite strong considering also th econfines of money management we are forced to follow. I would assume across the leagues only 20 % of new players will hit the ground running.......

GreenLake
20-08-2017, 04:56 PM
!!! Based on what???

His run into the box and cross and his cut back from the left.

Stubbsy2016
20-08-2017, 06:12 PM
Can't wait to see more of him.

We badly need width in our team which he brings as well as quality.

147lothian
20-08-2017, 08:46 PM
Can't wait to see more of him.

We badly need width in our team which he brings as well as quality.

I Agee, Man City don't sign bad players on 5 year deals, this lad can have a good season when he gets his match sharpness, which will only come with game time, I can see him being a vital player for us in the business end of the season

NadeAteMyLunch!
20-08-2017, 08:47 PM
Think he will be great for us, however he was absolutely rubbish yesterday-like every other player in green.