PDA

View Full Version : Back On Track.

Thecat23
19-08-2017, 04:12 PM
No excuses to be made today it wasn't good enough after the standards we set ourselves. But... let's keep backing the boys and not fall into the "he's crap" and needs dropped chat. Players who have done well for us recently clearly way off the boil today and for me should and will know exactly how we all feel.

But it's how we react next game that's what's important. We address what went wrong we put those wrongs to right and we go again. I trust Lennon 100% and we will have results like this as will other teams around us.

So let's keep on track and look towards our next game.

GGTTH.

Mr White
19-08-2017, 04:17 PM
100% :agree:

The road ahead is long but we can help make it easier. It's a bad result no question but let's put it behind us and concentrate on getting 3 points next time out.

Keith_M
19-08-2017, 04:19 PM
I know but... Hamilton?

Anyway, that's brought us down to eaerth with a bump. Let's see what Lennon and the players do from here.

NORTHERNHIBBY
19-08-2017, 04:22 PM
The team and the management have had a collective stinker today. The saving grace is that there cannot be any fingers pointed out the way. Hopefully everything is looked at this week and we go again. Six points out of nine and progress in the League Cup is a decent start.

Cookiehibs
19-08-2017, 04:36 PM
Agree guys, we will have blips throughout the season. These are the times that we all as hibs fans need to make that extra bit of effort to back them and pull them through it. I'm still very excited about this season and our current squad. Neil will go through them after this and we will see a reaction in the next game for sure. Felt we badly missed Bartley today and still have the added bonus of a rejuvenated Boyle to come back into the frame. Let's keep the faith!

Borderhibbie76
19-08-2017, 06:16 PM
I know but... Hamilton?

Anyway, that's brought us down to eaerth with a bump. Let's see what Lennon and the players do from here.A Hamilton team who beat Aberdeen twice last year...its that kind of attitude from our players that cost us dear today mate

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Thecat23
19-08-2017, 11:19 PM
A Hamilton team who beat Aberdeen twice last year...its that kind of attitude from our players that cost us dear today mate

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Exactly, any team can beat Hibs when we switch off like that. Hamilton done what was needed and we learn from it.

neil7908
20-08-2017, 05:08 AM
As always, some folk are over the top in their criticism of certain players after a bad result.

However, we've got a lot of talented players in this squad, one of the strongest in a long time as we've all been saying.

Therefore I think it's only fair that if players aren't performing at the moment, there's a serious discussion about changes being made.

To be clear that isn't saying, there all pish let's get shot of everyone of them but I can bet you NL is thinking very carefully about who can improve us.

We must get back to winning ways next week and I'm confident we will but after that display fans are well within their right to criticise, as long as it's not OTT. The sight of us losing by a 2 goal margin to Hamilton at home is something that brought back painful memories for me!

neil7908
20-08-2017, 05:12 AM
I was also really impressed with Hamilton. One of my Jambo mates was digging me about losing to the team that finished 2nd bottom last year but if they keep playing like they did today it's going to be a great year for them

Won everything in the air, tenacious innthe tackle, full of running, clearly had a plan that the players stuck to, pressed us all the time and some great moves going forward.

Nicho87
20-08-2017, 07:47 AM
Subdued atmosphere before kick off. Had a funny feeling about it yesterday