PDA

View Full Version : Slivka?

coco22
19-08-2017, 04:03 PM
Hopefully someone asks the question and we get a decent reason from Lennon! Had to start IMO for continuity (and deserved on last weeks showing). Bizarre

SRHibs
19-08-2017, 04:05 PM
Aye he looked decent when he came on too. I'm a big fan. I guess Lennon just wants to use our strong squad to its fullest. Didn't work out today.

Ozyhibby
19-08-2017, 04:10 PM
Especially as Swanson has been crap since he got here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SChibs
19-08-2017, 04:11 PM
Best player in the team imo. Needs to start every game when available

truehibernian
19-08-2017, 04:12 PM

I think he needs to relax a lot more and sometimes play the simpler pass rather than burst a gut to dribble past players. He is an excellent player when he plays the game simply and allows others around him to come into the game. Needs a first goal to relax him for me.

Ozyhibby
19-08-2017, 04:14 PM
I think he needs to relax a lot more and sometimes play the simpler pass rather than burst a gut to dribble past players. He is an excellent player when he plays the game simply and allows others around him to come into the game. Needs a first goal to relax him for me.

Until he relaxes then Slivka should be in.

MWHIBBIES
19-08-2017, 04:18 PM
Based on form for Hibs Slivka is twice the player Swanson is.

truehibernian
19-08-2017, 04:27 PM
Until he relaxes then Slivka should be in.

Certainly don't disagree that Slivka should have started, for his ability and physical strength too - can only imagine there was a slight knock this week or it is indeed a very strange selection choice from Lennon.

Sean1875
19-08-2017, 04:29 PM
Was my exact first thought when i saw the team sheet, really don't see how you can justify dropping Slivka after last week. Lessons learned aplenty today.

Tyler Durden
19-08-2017, 04:35 PM

2 assists in his first league game was hardly crap.

Much more effective today than his replacement too albeit every player was pretty awful in the 2nd half

Beefster
19-08-2017, 04:37 PM

Behave.

Folk need to chill the **** out, whether we win or lose, and realise that there is plenty between 'crap' and 'amazing'.

Bishop Hibee
19-08-2017, 04:39 PM
Agree Slivka should start next week.

Stevie Reid
19-08-2017, 04:41 PM
Behave.

Folk need to chill the **** out, whether we win or lose, and realise that there is plenty between 'crap' and 'amazing'.

Well said.

coco22
19-08-2017, 05:12 PM
Well said.

Exactly. Not a Swanson bashing intended thread - Just querying an odd team selection based on form. I believe both players will excel this year

tamig
19-08-2017, 05:36 PM
Slivka made a big difference when he came on even though were toiling. We looked more of a threat going forward and everything positive seemed to go through him. I wouldn't have made any changes to last week's starting eleven.

hibee_girl
19-08-2017, 05:46 PM
Not sure why he wasn't in the starting 11, only Lennon will know, but he certainly should be one of the first teams on the team sheet in future. He only played around 30 minutes but he was our best player.

Sir David Gray
19-08-2017, 05:53 PM
Bizarre decision by Lennon.

Only he knows why he made it but it certainly didn't work out.

Smartie
19-08-2017, 05:59 PM
Slivka made a big difference when he came on even though were toiling. We looked more of a threat going forward and everything positive seemed to go through him. I wouldn't have made any changes to last week's starting eleven.

Neither would I, but I don't think that simply replacing Swanson with Slivka would have been enough to reverse that result.

We were second best all over the park.

It was just one of those days that is easy to look back on with hindsight and say we could and should have done this or that.

Slivka must be one of the first names on the team sheet for next week though.

Borderhibbie76
19-08-2017, 06:17 PM

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkI wouldn't say crap but it ain't happening for him atm and he never deserved a start today that's for sure

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

NORTHERNHIBBY
19-08-2017, 06:59 PM
Slivka should feel a wee bit hard done by. The manager picks the team, but based on last week's showing I don't think that DS could have complained if Slivka kept the shirt.

Sammy7nil
19-08-2017, 10:39 PM
Best player in the team imo. Needs to start every game when available

What is all fhis "he was great today" i must have blinked and missed it evryone in a green shirt was poor very very poor.

LaMotta
19-08-2017, 10:49 PM
What is all fhis "he was great today" i must have blinked and missed it evryone in a green shirt was poor very very poor.

:agree:

Think folk are getting a bit carried away about him. He had a good game at Ibrox and scored a raker. Alen Orman did that as well though.

The signs are promising but let's wait and see!

SChibs
19-08-2017, 10:52 PM

Think folk are getting a bit carried away about him. He had a good game at Ibrox and scored a raker. Alen Orman did that as well though.

You can see when he plays he's a very good player, was unlucky in the second half when he done the Hamilton player and was about to drive on but was hacked down

gaz1875
20-08-2017, 02:24 PM
Slivka should feel a wee bit hard done by. The manager picks the team, but based on last week's showing I don't think that DS could have complained if Slivka kept the shirt.

Agreed, he drove us forward and never wasted many passes, unlike the rest of the outfield players. His first touch is usually forward thinking. Had he been brought on earlier he might have sparked the other outfield players into life. We played far to slow yesterday which caused the midfield to be too congested, I cant remember anyone knocking the ball into space for SM to chase, other than his first half chance, which he is superb at doing, that left him isolated upfront.

NAE NOOKIE
20-08-2017, 03:20 PM
You can see when he plays he's a very good player, was unlucky in the second half when he done the Hamilton player and was about to drive on but was hacked down

Yes ... probably the best thing any Hibs player did yesterday, great quick feet to take out the Hamilton player, but if an example were needed about being savvy the Hamilton player showed it by hacking him down, if he hadn't he had a near enough clear run in on goal .... it might have enraged us, but I bet his manager was chuffed with him.

Anyway ...... If its becoming a toss up between Slivka and Swanson then its not a question of whether Slivka deserves the shirt, its a question of does Swanson? and up to now I cant see that Swanson has made a strong enough case that it can be justified not to give Slivka the opportunity to start games and show what he can do ... especially given what he has shown so far when he does get on.

Sir David Gray
20-08-2017, 04:18 PM

Slivka's quality and should be playing every week that he's available.

Very poor decision by Lennon to leave him out yesterday, considering he didn't appear to be carrying any sort of knock.

ColinNish
20-08-2017, 04:25 PM
He looked a bit lost when i saw him today heading into Lochend Park. 😎

Sammy7nil
20-08-2017, 06:48 PM
Slivka's quality and should be playing every week that he's available.

Very poor decision by Lennon to leave him out yesterday, considering he didn't appear to be carrying any sort of knock.

Are you basing his quality on one game? Because he did very little yesterday to prove his quality. It is early days lets just see how good he is after 10 - 12 games. In the meantime lets leave the team selection to Lennon.

woodythehibee
20-08-2017, 06:52 PM
Are you basing his quality on one game? Because he did very little yesterday to prove his quality. It is early days lets just see how good he is after 10 - 12 games. In the meantime lets leave the team selection to Lennon.Slivka did very little? He was the only player to get pass marks yesterday. Played really well and will hopefully start next week.

Sir David Gray
20-08-2017, 07:18 PM
Are you basing his quality on one game? Because he did very little yesterday to prove his quality. It is early days lets just see how good he is after 10 - 12 games. In the meantime lets leave the team selection to Lennon.

I thought he was decent yesterday, outstanding at Ibrox and caught the eye in the performances before that as well.

I really think we have a brilliant player (relatively speaking) on our hands and he should be playing every week.

kaimendhibs
20-08-2017, 08:12 PM
Hopefully someone asks the question and we get a decent reason from Lennon! Had to start IMO for continuity (and deserved on last weeks showing). BizarrePhone Hibs yourself and ask

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

LaMotta
20-08-2017, 08:33 PM

Mibbes Aye
20-08-2017, 09:04 PM

Saturday was my first game of the season due to holidays etc.

I didn't see a huge amount of Slivka, he didn't get that much time on the ball.

From what I did see, it's clear the boy's good.

As he settles in I can see him being a big player for us this season.

Forza Fred
20-08-2017, 10:03 PM
Behave.

:top marks

Fritz
20-08-2017, 10:29 PM

What cr@p. Not unusual for you.

Thecat23
20-08-2017, 10:45 PM

Eh?

You seen him or Hibs this season??

andybev1
21-08-2017, 12:29 PM
Slivka was one small bright patch on a dark day - I think the little bit of time barker was on deserves a mention - looks good.

The_Horde
21-08-2017, 12:42 PM
Eh?

You seen him or Hibs this season??

Exactly this. The same fans who moaned about Fyvie leaving are getting on Swanson's back. Seems they'd rather a player played a million sideways safety passes and didn't bother making assists or having shots at goal or trying the hard thing instead of the easy thing.

1van Sprou7e
21-08-2017, 12:48 PM
I'm assuming he and possibly Matulevicius will be called up for Lithuania?

WhileTheChief..
21-08-2017, 12:51 PM
Are we all building lSivka up a bit too much based on a couple of appearances?

Sure he's looked good but let's not kid ourselves that we would have won if he'd been playing instead of Swanson.

Greenworld
23-08-2017, 07:02 AM

Sure he's looked good but let's not kid ourselves that we would have won if he'd been playing instead of Swanson.Don't think so he is a very good player who will only get better as he settles in.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Firestarter
23-08-2017, 07:31 AM

Sure he's looked good but let's not kid ourselves that we would have won if he'd been playing instead of Swanson.

The shape would have been a whole lot better and wouldn't have allowed them to control the midfield.

lyonhibs
23-08-2017, 07:45 AM
How on earth people can state such things with absolute certainty re: Slivka starting after he's played a couple of games for the club is beyond me.

It's entirely possible he'd have had a stinker just like the rest of the outfield players. We move on and learn, and rather more importantly I think the players and Lennon will as well.

The Leith Dutch
23-08-2017, 07:49 AM
From what I've seen so far I'd have him as one of the first names down on the team sheet.
Pretty complete set of skills for a midfielder, excellent drive and pretty much everything he does is extremely tidy.