PDA

View Full Version : Well, where the hell did that come from?!

California-Hibs
19-08-2017, 03:52 PM
That wasn't Hibs from them first 2 games of the season. Lost for words with that pathetic performance..

AgentDaleCooper
19-08-2017, 03:54 PM
That was the hibs of the first 15 minutes of the first two games, for 90 minutes. Hopefully a lesson that waiting to go a goal down before you start playing doesn't always work.

steakbake
19-08-2017, 04:01 PM
Knocks some of the complacency on the head. Nothing paid off, like a team of strangers playing with a hangover. That was poor today but have every confidence Lennon will get a reaction.

Borderhibbie76
19-08-2017, 04:03 PM
Why the hell Lennon takes off Daz and leaves Ambrose on...left us wide open at the back and they picked us off!! Ambrose is already looking un-droppable for some reason

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

500miles
19-08-2017, 04:04 PM
There were a few things that really cost us.

Stokes put zero work in, didn't want to be wide at all.

Swanson was bullied out of the same.

Whittaker and Ambrose wanted too much time on the ball.

McGinn was playing too deep, totally wasted to facilitate Swanson, who was squeezed out as above.

They were happy to defend,and really well drilled. We couldn't play around them, Slivka should've started so we could play through them.

Gray would've been a better option winning the kickouts from Rocky, rather than Whittaker.

SRHibs
4 defenders in by the end of the window and we'll be fine! 🤐

RamYer1902
I'm absolutely disgusted by what I've just seen to be perfectly honest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SChibs
19-08-2017, 04:13 PM
Darren macgregor is overrated, said it last season and I'm saying it again. People seem to cut I'm so much slack cause he's a hibby and wins headers

AgentDaleCooper
19-08-2017, 04:45 PM
Darren macgregor is overrated, said it last season and I'm saying it again. People seem to cut I'm so much slack cause he's a hibby and wins headers

He's still a great player, but i agree with this.

Andy74
19-08-2017, 05:03 PM
Swanson and Stokes both want to be coming to get ball deep. It means you lose the pace and the width we've had recently and doesn't help Murray's game at all.

I wish someone could remind Stokes he just needs to be a centre forward.

19-08-2017, 05:08 PM
Not good enough, fair to say it was back down to earth with a clatter!

Take nothing away from Hamilton as I thought they were organised and stuck to their game plan but we were just not at the races at all today, second to absolutely everything. As Neil Lennon rightly said, I hope we aren't going back to the days where we only get ourselves up for the big games and not so much against teams we are expected to beat. Absolutely no room for any complacency, we have no given right to beat anyone.

Difficult to find pass marks for anyone today, the keeper and McGinn maybe but other than that it was a poor show.

Big wake up call today.

Lago
19-08-2017, 05:10 PM
Why the hell Lennon takes off Daz and leaves Ambrose on...left us wide open at the back and they picked us off!! Ambrose is already looking un-droppable for some reason

Oh oh, no doubt the bomb scare label will be getting dusted off.

Johnny Clash
19-08-2017, 05:17 PM
Two of our most reliable players made individual howlers that cost us first two goals. Even wee Lewis made a blunder that almost cost us another. The main thing is that we learn from that. Neil Lennon was raging in the technical area throughout the game. Too many players having off games at same time maybe so I'm confident we'll bounce back. Very frustrating today!

Mikey09
19-08-2017, 05:24 PM

Utter pish. Darren's a great player. Strong, quick, hard as nails and a born leader. He does far more than just win headers.

Hibernia&Alba
19-08-2017, 05:26 PM
That was classic Hibs: just won at Ibrox and made a great start to the season; along come Hamilton and skelp us. I should know better than to enter any match with confidence: the only predictable thing about Hibs is the unpredictability.

That was a boot in the stanes which needs to be rectified quickly.

The_Horde
19-08-2017, 05:26 PM
Signs have been there IMO. Can't go on conceding cheap goals, were always gonna come a cropper when we had an off day.

Real Emerald
19-08-2017, 05:30 PM
Oh oh, no doubt the bomb scare label will be getting dusted off.

Ambrose is a class player who I'm glad we've got but he was brilliant one minute then terrible the next today. At one point in the second half he twisted the Accies player onto his arse creating loads of room for a clearance. He then must have thought it would be fun to let the guy get up and try to beat him again. He lost the ball for an 18 yard out throw in resulting in a Hamilton corner then a dangerous free kick. It's these sort of things he gets slagged for and rightfully so today. I still think he's class but he really needs to stop this.

The_Horde
19-08-2017, 05:32 PM
Ambrose is a class player who I'm glad we've got but he was brilliant one minute then terrible the next today. At one point in the second half he twisted the Accies player onto his arse creating loads of room for a clearance. He then must have thought it would be fun to let the guy get up and try to beat him again. He lost the ball for an 18 yard out throw in resulting in a Hamilton corner then a dangerous free kick. It's these sort of things he gets slagged for and rightfully so today. I still think he's class but he really needs to stop this.

Bombscare or not, he didn't give away a penalty or play a perfect through ball for the opposition striker to slot home from. I guess Hanlon and Mcgregor aren't bombscares though? Because A. they've never that label and B. They're Scottish

Thecat23
19-08-2017, 05:35 PM
Swanson and Stokes both want to be coming to get ball deep. It means you lose the pace and the width we've had recently and doesn't help Murray's game at all.

I wish someone could remind Stokes he just needs to be a centre forward.

Stokes isn't just a centre forward though.

hibee_girl
19-08-2017, 05:37 PM

He's really not over rated, just because he doesn't try the fancy tricks like Ambrose doesn't mean he's not a good player.

Real Emerald
19-08-2017, 05:45 PM
Bombscare or not, he didn't give away a penalty or play a perfect through ball for the opposition striker to slot home from. I guess Hanlon and Mcgregor aren't bombscares though? Because A. they've never that label and B. They're Scottish

I never said he was a bomb scare, I'm pointing out a situation that occurred today where his reputation comes from. He sometimes needs to just blooter the ball up the park.

SRHibs
19-08-2017, 05:45 PM
Darren McGregor is a decent defender, but an extremely limited player. The penalty he gave away today was abysmal.

Borderhibbie76
19-08-2017, 06:05 PM
Oh oh, no doubt the bomb scare label will be getting dusted off.Not picking on him bit out of the 3 his form hasn't been great since start of season...just imo.

Andy74
19-08-2017, 06:05 PM
Stokes isn't just a centre forward though.

He should be though. We don't need someone like him in our own half.

Borderhibbie76
19-08-2017, 06:06 PM
Ambrose is a class player who I'm glad we've got but he was brilliant one minute then terrible the next today. At one point in the second half he twisted the Accies player onto his arse creating loads of room for a clearance. He then must have thought it would be fun to let the guy get up and try to beat him again. He lost the ball for an 18 yard out throw in resulting in a Hamilton corner then a dangerous free kick. It's these sort of things he gets slagged for and rightfully so today. I still think he's class but he really needs to stop this.Agreed with every point u make mate bang on [emoji106]

Real Emerald
19-08-2017, 06:09 PM

I agree, at times today he was playing behind where attaching midfielders should be playing. Nothing wrong with coming deep to get the ball but he had to due to a completely ineffective midfield whether this was due to tactics or just bad form, who knows?

Smartie
19-08-2017, 06:10 PM
Darren McGregor is a decent defender, but an extremely limited player. The penalty he gave away today was abysmal.

Was it not Hanlon who gave away the penalty?

I like defenders who can defend. If they can play, great, but it is better for them not to try to play if they know they can't.

Darren McGregor doesn't make the type of mistakes that Efe Ambrose and Paul Hanlon made today and he's a far better player for that.

I thought Ambrose set the tone for the whole team in the second half with his constant pissing about.

Waltzing out of defence with the defence is all well and good when you get away with it, when you get caught it is a different story. Sometimes you need to clear the ball when you get the chance or you end up in deeper trouble.

He gets on my nerves a bit, I have to say.

cabbageandribs1875
19-08-2017, 06:13 PM

McGregor

brianmc
19-08-2017, 06:16 PM

I like defenders who can defend. If they can play, great, but it is better for them not to try to play if they know they can't.

Darren McGregor doesn't make the type of mistakes that Efe Ambrose and Paul Hanlon made today and he's a far better player for that.

I thought Ambrose set the tone for the whole team in the second half with his constant pissing about.

Waltzing out of defence with the defence is all well and good when you get away with it, when you get caught it is a different story. Sometimes you need to clear the ball when you get the chance or you end up in deeper trouble.

He gets on my nerves a bit, I have to say.

100% Daz that (needlessly) gave away the penalty.
He followed that up but charging recklessly all over the place, rugby tackling one of their players-then throwing the ball away when he was penalised. THAT'S why he was subbed. He'd totally lost the plot.

Hfcwilson3192
19-08-2017, 06:17 PM
Ambrose is suspect. If you canny do well at a club of celtics stature in the spl your never going to do it at us. Hanlon and stevenson are of the old hibs mentality. They looked good in a league full of sparkys and plumbers but there rotten in this league they need binned. You can be tryer all you want but If you've no got it you've no got it. Lewis stevenson is rank. We need a left back pronto.a would rather have porteous at the back than ambrose and hanlon. We rely far too heavily on mcginn that Was proved the day. Stokes needs match fitness. All in all a rank day at the office and a good reminder of where we actually are. Roll on dundee.

Hfcwilson3192
19-08-2017, 06:18 PM
He followed that up but charging recklessly all over the place, rugby tackling one of their players-then throwing the ball away when he was penalised. THAT'S why he was subbed. He'd totally lost the plot.

He's our best centre back by a mile.

Borderhibbie76
19-08-2017, 06:20 PM
Ambrose is suspect. If you canny do well at a club of celtics stature in the spl your never going to do it at us. Hanlon and stevenson are of the old hibs mentality. They looked good in a league full of sparkys and plumbers but there rotten in this league they need binned. You can be tryer all you want but If you've no got it you've no got it. Lewis stevenson is rank. We need a left back pronto.a would rather have porteous at the back than ambrose and hanlon. We rely far too heavily on mcginn that Was proved the day. Stokes needs match fitness. All in all a rank day at the office and a good reminder of where we actually are. Roll on dundee.So much wrong with this...where do we even begin?? 1 defeat and it's all Hanlon and Stevensons fault again as per...where u saying this after Ibrox last week I wonder???

Hfcwilson3192
19-08-2017, 06:23 PM
So much wrong with this...where do we even begin?? 1 defeat and it's all Hanlon and Stevensons fault again as per...where u saying this after Ibrox last week I wonder???

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk rank rotten for years yer deluded if you think otherwise.

Johnny Clash
19-08-2017, 06:28 PM

We can normally depend on Dazza but today things went badly wrong. He wasn't too happy getting subbed but that's probably coz he knows himself that he was losing it and he must have been frustrated with himself. I prefer that than some players we've endured in the past who clearly didn't much care.

Anyway, most of our team didn't get into gear today so we take it on the chin and look forward to next game. This squad is a lot different to last seasons and the players must still be getting used to each other so let's see . Personally I think all will come good!

Borderhibbie76
19-08-2017, 06:31 PM
rank rotten for years yer deluded if you think otherwise.Aye ok then
..very good [emoji122]

LaMotta
19-08-2017, 06:35 PM

:agree: Was the poorest I've seen from him. Poor use of the ball, dodgy passes and clumsy fouls including the penalty.

Most unlike him.

Hanlon and Efe had been ok up until then so made sense to sub Daz- unfortuneatly after that those 2 fell apart as well.

matty_f
19-08-2017, 06:37 PM
Don't think it was just the defenders that had an off day today, the whole team were abysmal.

Pedantic_Hibee
19-08-2017, 06:40 PM
Ambrose is a Rolls Royce sometimes, a bomb scare at other times.

Unfortunately, by the time he's realised the difficult thing to do is too difficult, the easy thing to do is more difficult and he ends up making a complete **** of himself.

Hfcwilson3192
19-08-2017, 06:44 PM
Ambrose is a Rolls Royce sometimes, a bomb scare at other times.

Unfortunately, by the time he's realised the difficult thing to do is too difficult, the easy thing to do is more difficult and he ends up making a complete **** of himself.
Rolls Royce lol he's murder.

hibby6270
19-08-2017, 06:44 PM

No worse than Hanlon's attempted short pass to Lewis that handed them their second goal. He'd have been as well booting the ball into the net for an OG.

The announcer was embarrassed to announce a MOTM. None of them deserved that title today.

Hfcwilson3192
19-08-2017, 06:48 PM
No worse than Hanlon's attempted short pass to Lewis that handed them their second goal. He'd have been as well booting the ball into the net for an OG.

The announcer was embarrassed to announce a MOTM. None of them deserved that title today.
Exactly. Mcgregors our best centre half by a mile.

Thecat23
19-08-2017, 06:59 PM

I agree, I was just pointing out that Stokes isn't an out and out striker. Our team sorry, midfield should be shaped well enough to have the ball and push us forward. When we don't have it Stokes should stay on the halfway line for me. But I'm no Lennon and he knows what he's doing more than I do.

I often think these results can actually help over the course of a season. Lessons learned from what went wrong we can put right next time.

19-08-2017, 07:23 PM

Behave ffs. Poor day today but he's not murder.

Borderhibbie76
19-08-2017, 10:18 PM
Behave ffs. Poor day today but he's not murder.Don't bite mate I unfortunately did earlier over his abuse of Hanlon and Lewy...he is clearly at it...best ignored. He is clearly an undercover Yam or a so called Hibee who revels in defeats so he can come on here and sling abuse at all our players

Hfcwilson3192
20-08-2017, 01:19 AM
Don't bite mate I unfortunately did earlier over his abuse of Hanlon and Lewy...he is clearly at it...best ignored. He is clearly an undercover Yam or a so called Hibee who revels in defeats so he can come on here and sling abuse at all our players

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk yous clear know nothing about football if you think efe ambrose is an excellent footballer. Undercover yam? Season ticket holder for 15 years. I don't revel in hibs getting beat I'm just a realist. Yous are sitting here taking about ambrose is if he's cannavaro. He's pish. Hanlon and Stevenson are bang average the only reason stevensons had a testimonial is cause nae one else would have him.

neil7908
20-08-2017, 04:57 AM
yous clear know nothing about football if you think efe ambrose is an excellent footballer. Undercover yam? Season ticket holder for 15 years. I don't revel in hibs getting beat I'm just a realist. Yous are sitting here taking about ambrose is if he's cannavaro. He's pish. Hanlon and Stevenson are bang average the only reason stevensons had a testimonial is cause nae one else would have him.

Aye the Efe Ambrose with 4 SPL titles, 1 Scottish Cup, 1 League Cup, 51 caps for Nigeria, 1 African Cup of Nations and many games in the Champions League who at 28, is in the peak years of his career.

In fact, Efe has won almost as many trophies in his career as our club has - ever!

No he's not Cannavaro and he does leave me sweating at times but I'm struggling to think of any real clangers he's dropped for us since he joined - can you point them out to me?

His positioning was poor for Partick's goal a couple of weeks back but I wouldn't say it was a shocking piece of defending. Not up there with Hanlon and McGregor giving away goals today or McGregors short pass too him in the semi final against Aberdeen last year that let Rooney in for the first goal.

I will hold my hands up and say I was sceptical when Efe signed but he's pretty much won me over. In his time at Hibs I think he's made no more mistakes than any other defender but he's scored a couple of goals and actually brings the ball out of defence very well which can be crucial in helping us attack.

After watching today genuinely baffled that he's the one getting stick out of the defence.

Dashing Bob S
20-08-2017, 05:01 AM
We were terrible. Id give only Whittaker and Marciano pass marks.

Thecat23
20-08-2017, 05:16 AM

Give it a rest. Fine if you don't rate some players but you are going way overboard here.

Thecat23
20-08-2017, 05:20 AM
yous clear know nothing about football if you think efe ambrose is an excellent footballer. Undercover yam? Season ticket holder for 15 years. I don't revel in hibs getting beat I'm just a realist. Yous are sitting here taking about ambrose is if he's cannavaro. He's pish. Hanlon and Stevenson are bang average the only reason stevensons had a testimonial is cause nae one else would have him.

So Lennon knows nothing about football either then? Ambrose is a good player, like all players yes can be prone to mistakes. As for the Stevenson remark you really are clueless. Teams have asked about LS Mothwell being one to name a few. Instead he wanted to play for us so again you are wrong. Keep trying though as you clearly are all wise and mighty I really hope Lennon gets all this to make us a better side.

CentreLine
20-08-2017, 06:21 AM

All about opinions I suppose but just can't get your desperation to have a downer on Ambrose. Absolutely stoles through games. The best reader of the game we have and plays football. Was left badly exposed too often as those round about him today were having an off day of major proportions. You have unfairly used the word "delusional" about other posters but I do feel you are thoroughly mistaken in your view. You are just not watching the game if you think Ambrose is a bomb scare.

Edit: but I do agree with other posters. You may have been a season ticket holder for fifteen years but I'm not convinced it was at ER. However, if it was at ER it may explain your unfortunate depression. That really has not been our best decade and a half and so perhaps you deserve to be cut some slack. There are good things happening at ER right now. If you are the yam many suspect then good luck to you, you're going to need it.
It is a little odd that 3192 adds up to 15. Priceless.....but ...but ...but 1-5 😂

Hfcwilson3192
20-08-2017, 07:22 AM
So Lennon knows nothing about football either then? Ambrose is a good player, like all players yes can be prone to mistakes. As for the Stevenson remark you really are clueless. Teams have asked about LS Mothwell being one to name a few. Instead he wanted to play for us so again you are wrong. Keep trying though as you clearly are all wise and mighty I really hope Lennon gets all this to make us a better side. he's made massive mistakes most of his career in Scotland.

Hfcwilson3192
20-08-2017, 07:25 AM
All about opinions I suppose but just can't get your desperation to have a downer on Ambrose. Absolutely stoles through games. The best reader of the game we have and plays football. Was left badly exposed too often as those round about him today were having an off day of major proportions. You have unfairly used the word "delusional" about other posters but I do feel you are thoroughly mistaken in your view. You are just not watching the game if you think Ambrose is a bomb scare.

Edit: but I do agree with other posters. You may have been a season ticket holder for fifteen years but I'm not convinced it was at ER. However, if it was at ER it may explain your unfortunate depression. That really has not been our best decade and a half and so perhaps you deserve to be cut some slack. There are good things happening at ER right now. If you are the yam many suspect then good luck to you, you're going to need it.
It is a little odd that 3192 adds up to 15. Priceless.....but ...but ...but 1-5 😂 mate I'm only stating facts the guys a roaster at the back he needs to make his mind up if he's a defender or a midfielder. He's been brutal since he came to Scotland. Nah I'm genuinely not one of those puddle drinking imbeciles just a fan with an opinion lol. 😂😂😂 that's my date of birth canny believe it adds up ti that haha

HibbyAndy
20-08-2017, 07:26 AM
Paul Hanlon was pathetic today as were the whole team but that performance from Hanlon was one of the worst i've ever seen..Completely inept

Hfcwilson3192
20-08-2017, 07:28 AM
Aye the Efe Ambrose with 4 SPL titles, 1 Scottish Cup, 1 League Cup, 51 caps for Nigeria, 1 African Cup of Nations and many games in the Champions League who at 28, is in the peak years of his career.

In fact, Efe has won almost as many trophies in his career as our club has - ever!

No he's not Cannavaro and he does leave me sweating at times but I'm struggling to think of any real clangers he's dropped for us since he joined - can you point them out to me?

His positioning was poor for Partick's goal a couple of weeks back but I wouldn't say it was a shocking piece of defending. Not up there with Hanlon and McGregor giving away goals today or McGregors short pass too him in the semi final against Aberdeen last year that let Rooney in for the first goal.

I will hold my hands up and say I was sceptical when Efe signed but he's pretty much won me over. In his time at Hibs I think he's made no more mistakes than any other defender but he's scored a couple of goals and actually brings the ball out of defence very well which can be crucial in helping us attack.

After watching today genuinely baffled that he's the one getting stick out of the defence.
I very much doubt he played a significant role in winning any of those honours haha stevie Crawford got caps for Scotland it's hardly an achievement. He's no hibs class. He's a malkowski without the gloves 😂

Hfcwilson3192
20-08-2017, 07:29 AM
Paul Hanlon was pathetic today as were the whole team but that performance from Hanlon was one of the worst i've ever seen..Completely inept he was like that the last time we were in this league aswell bang average.

Hfcwilson3192
20-08-2017, 08:26 AM
Take a ****ing walk no need for profanities my good man.

andybev1
20-08-2017, 10:45 AM
for me there is only one reason we lost that game and it is because Hamilton wanted to win it so much more - they were right up every players arse from the beginning and we did not handle that well and we did the opposite by giving them loads of room (stokes seemed to be uneasy with being man marked).

I thinik we missed the squirrel yesterday

Jones28
20-08-2017, 12:37 PM
no need for profanities my good man.

Sorry mate, will delete. Wasn't in the best of fettle this morning

Tornadoes70
20-08-2017, 12:47 PM
mate I'm only stating facts the guys a roaster at the back he needs to make his mind up if he's a defender or a midfielder. He's been brutal since he came to Scotland. Nah I'm genuinely not one of those puddle drinking imbeciles just a fan with an opinion lol. 😂😂😂 that's my date of birth canny believe it adds up ti that haha

Wee bit harsh mate? Paul's normally 'sleek glass' class totally unlike the bog standard glass fronted monstrosity being put up at the piggery.

Hfcwilson3192
20-08-2017, 01:20 PM
Sorry mate, will delete. Wasn't in the best of fettle this morning nae worries pal we are all hibs haha

Hfcwilson3192
20-08-2017, 01:24 PM
Wee bit harsh mate? Paul's normally 'sleek glass' class totally unlike the bog standard glass fronted monstrosity being put up at the piggery.
It could be a litre harsh ma man just want us too push on and start challenging for silverware and go on euro
European tours that lost longer than 2 legs 😂 surely our day has come.

NAE NOOKIE
20-08-2017, 01:53 PM

Ambrose has received criticism from a load of posters myself included for trying to play his way out of positions where a pass or even a hoof up the park would be a better option, as he did yesterday ..... but he can be an asset playing out of defence and from what I've seen he isn't at all bad at winning the ball in the box .... you get more good than bad from him and if he can cut out the daft stuff he will be a top performer for us ... whether Neil Lennon can teach this old dog new tricks is the question .... but he is a long way from pish.

Lewis Stevenson has survived a clutch of managers good and bad .... so your rubbish about no team wanting him is a moot point. We all know his limitations and there isn't much doubt that his time as a regular starter will soon be at an end as eventually we will surely look for a more dynamic player in his position ..... but you don't survive for so long as he has as a regular starter at a club like Hibs if you don't bring something to the table ..... borrow a Scottish cup final DVD from one of your Hibby mates and watch his performance, he was outstanding.

Hanlon is miles from 'bang average' ...... Its no coincidence that our freefall at the end of the 13/14 season coincided with him missing the latter half of the season through injury, who do you suggest we replace him with? ..... oh I know Cannavaro. If you are suggesting its Porteous, promising though he is, you need your bumps felt.

Summing up ........... You are picking out players here who are easy targets in so much as they have limitations that are easy to identify, but the truth is that they have all had long successful careers where they have done a lot more good than bad and what's worse is you are doing it on the back of a performance where 'everybody' was terrible .... You cite Carravano, but the truth is as you well know that the Carravanos of this world don't play for clubs in the Scottish league, what you get here are players with limitations and who make mistakes. If you are of a mind you can pick holes in the game of any player at any Scottish club, I'm willing to bet an Aberdeen fan could flay Logan or Reynolds if they were of a mind.

The players you have picked on here are good enough to be part of a successful season for Hibs and if we get to the end of the season and Hibs have flopped because they were all as bad as you say they are feel free to come on here quote this and say 'told you so' :aok:

Pete
20-08-2017, 02:23 PM
He's been a season ticket holder for 1-5 years.

Give him a break.

Hfcwilson3192
20-08-2017, 02:40 PM
Ambrose has received criticism from a load of posters myself included for trying to play his way out of positions where a pass or even a hoof up the park would be a better option, as he did yesterday ..... but he can be an asset playing out of defence and from what I've seen he isn't at all bad at winning the ball in the box .... you get more good than bad from him and if he can cut out the daft stuff he will be a top performer for us ... whether Neil Lennon can teach this old dog new tricks is the question .... but he is a long way from pish.

Lewis Stevenson has survived a clutch of managers good and bad .... so your rubbish about no team wanting him is a moot point. We all know his limitations and there isn't much doubt that his time as a regular starter will soon be at an end as eventually we will surely look for a more dynamic player in his position ..... but you don't survive for so long as he has as a regular starter at a club like Hibs if you don't bring something to the table ..... borrow a Scottish cup final DVD from one of your Hibby mates and watch his performance, he was outstanding.

Hanlon is miles from 'bang average' ...... Its no coincidence that our freefall at the end of the 13/14 season coincided with him missing the latter half of the season through injury, who do you suggest we replace him with? ..... oh I know Cannavaro. If you are suggesting its Porteous, promising though he is, you need your bumps felt.

Summing up ........... You are picking out players here who are easy targets in so much as they have limitations that are easy to identify, but the truth is that they have all had long successful careers where they have done a lot more good than bad and what's worse is you are doing it on the back of a performance where 'everybody' was terrible .... You cite Carravano, but the truth is as you well know that the Carravanos of this world don't play for clubs in the Scottish league, what you get here are players with limitations and who make mistakes. If you are of a mind you can pick holes in the game of any player at any Scottish club, I'm willing to bet an Aberdeen fan could flay Logan or Reynolds if they were of a mind.

The players you have picked on here are good enough to be part of a successful season for Hibs and if we get to the end of the season and Hibs have flopped because they were all as bad as you say they are feel free to come on here quote this and say 'told you so' :aok:
Well we can agree to disagree buddy a just want hibs to step up a level and start competing in europe and with the old firm like we should be and a feel these guys are of the old hibs mentality.

Hfcwilson3192
20-08-2017, 02:40 PM
He's been a season ticket holder for 1-5 years.

Give him a break.seriously no a puddle drinker pal 😂

NAE NOOKIE
20-08-2017, 03:05 PM
Well we can agree to disagree buddy a just want hibs to step up a level and start competing in europe and with the old firm like we should be and a feel these guys are of the old hibs mentality.

Especially in the case of Stevenson and Hanlon they were all part of a team that in the last two seasons has made two cup finals winning one and the semi finals of the Scottish cup as early as last season where they were unfortunate to lose in the end against the 2nd best team in Scotland ... and no matter what you think of it as an achievement, they were still part of the team which finally got us back into the premiership.

They won an away tie in Europe against a decent club and were unlucky to go out on penalties ... in fact only losing the tie because of a calamity by an untried and untested young keeper in the first minute of the first leg. They were part of a team who twice went to Tynecastle and did what far better Hibs teams have failed to do against just as rubbish Hearts teams. ..... is that the 'old Hibs mentality' you are talking about.

In fact outside of Aberdeen Hibs have probably been the club in Scotland over the last 3 seasons most likely to deny Celtic the treble and we came as close to a domestic cup double as any Hibs team in history, a feat that's rarely been achieved outside of the old firm by any club, never mind Hibs.

I don't disagree that the current lot at Hibs have their shortcomings and as a team we can have days like yesterday ..... but even when we have fallen short like the League cup final we should have won or play off failures like against Sevco and Falkirk what wasn't at fault was the teams mentality .... not then and not now.

Arch Stanton
20-08-2017, 03:19 PM
seriously no a puddle drinker pal 😂

Hi again fuzzy - classy new name!

Arch Stanton
20-08-2017, 03:25 PM
We were terrible. Id give only Whittaker and Marciano pass marks.

Not a lot of defending from Whittaker however - played more like a winger than a wingback.

20-08-2017, 03:32 PM
I'm amazed some folk think Whittaker did ok, I must have been watching a different game as I thought he had a shocker!

All entitled to our opinions though!

Hfcwilson3192
20-08-2017, 03:35 PM
Hi again fuzzy - classy new name!
Whos fuzzy?

cabbageandribs1875
20-08-2017, 03:58 PM
Whos fuzzy?

a yambam stalker of this forum, fooled us all in to believing hertz are building a super stand....with views of the castle

:)

#prayforfuzzy

Hfcwilson3192
20-08-2017, 04:01 PM
a yambam stalker of this forum, fooled us all in to believing hertz are building a super stand....with views of the castle

:)

#prayforfuzzy classic puddle drinker antics there like safe to say I'm a genuine hibby mate lol

MWHIBBIES
20-08-2017, 04:08 PM
rank rotten for years yer deluded if you think otherwise.:faf: and folk think opinions can't be wrong.

jacomo
20-08-2017, 04:44 PM
Ambrose is suspect. If you canny do well at a club of celtics stature in the spl your never going to do it at us. Hanlon and stevenson are of the old hibs mentality. They looked good in a league full of sparkys and plumbers but there rotten in this league they need binned. You can be tryer all you want but If you've no got it you've no got it. Lewis stevenson is rank. We need a left back pronto.a would rather have porteous at the back than ambrose and hanlon. We rely far too heavily on mcginn that Was proved the day. Stokes needs match fitness. All in all a rank day at the office and a good reminder of where we actually are. Roll on dundee.

Such total nonsense.

How do you explain Hibs getting results against Premier League opponents over the past 3 years with these players?

hhibs
20-08-2017, 04:45 PM
Not a lot of defending from Whittaker however - played more like a winger than a wingback.

Agreed ,thought he was as bad as the rest to be honest.

On a more general point ,after that performance,when fit I can see Marvin Bartley getting a lot more game time than many people thought and,not just against the "big" teams.

euro Hibby
20-08-2017, 04:59 PM
I would agree that big Marv will get good game time. Badly missed yesterday. Got to remember that the season has just started and some players still need time to play themselves into form so it is hard to call a game. I think the main issue yesterday was that everyone looked off . Dundee will give us some more answers..........

Hfcwilson3192
20-08-2017, 05:12 PM
Such total nonsense.

How do you explain Hibs getting results against Premier League opponents over the past 3 years with these players? Cup football Is far different than premier league football. The cup runs have been immense but this is a far higher quality of opposition we are playing week in week out. A really hope am wrong man it's just IMO these 3 guys will cost us alot of goals this season we've already conceded 6 in 3 games it's an obvious issue.

Hfcwilson3192
20-08-2017, 05:17 PM
:faf: and folk think opinions can't be wrong.Sorry a forgot about the three seasons we were playing bricklayers they looked very good in that league mate I whole heartedly agree.

mcfly
20-08-2017, 05:17 PM
That wasn't Hibs from them first 2 games of the season. Lost for words with that pathetic performance..

It was a bad day at the office - nothing else.

Reminded me of games in the championship when teams come to Easter road and sit in.

I feel hibs need to change tactics against these teams and go more direct.

Def missing Boyle and Bartley yesterday.

A poor performance but some of the over the top complaints are not needed.

Calm down everyone it was a reality check we need to work harder.

marinello59
20-08-2017, 05:18 PM
Sorry a forgot about the three seasons we were playing bricklayers they looked very good in that league mate I whole heartedly agree.

Keep digging. Sevco, Hearts, St Mirren, Dundee United etc etc. Bricklayers right enough.

Hfcwilson3192
20-08-2017, 05:28 PM
Keep digging. Sevco, Hearts, St Mirren, Dundee United etc etc. Bricklayers right enough. yer making that sound like an achievement we should have been promoted in this first season. I'm no digging mate I'm just replying to folk who for some reason think I'm a puddle drinker cause I've no got a Lewis stevenson tattoo. We've aw got different opinions you might no agree with mine and a might no agree wi yours but I find it highly offensive when you class me as one of those poppy fund thieving, web footed tramps lol

MWHIBBIES
20-08-2017, 05:36 PM
Sorry a forgot about the three seasons we were playing bricklayers they looked very good in that league mate I whole heartedly agree.Are you not embarrassed, even a little bit?

Hfcwilson3192
20-08-2017, 05:39 PM
Are you not embarrassed, even a little bit?

Embarrassed for having a very reasonable opinion nah no really man.

marinello59
20-08-2017, 05:40 PM
yer making that sound like an achievement we should have been promoted in this first season. I'm no digging mate I'm just replying to folk who for some reason think I'm a puddle drinker cause I've no got a Lewis stevenson tattoo. We've aw got different opinions you might no agree with mine and a might no agree wi yours but I find it highly offensive when you class me as one of those poppy fund thieving, web footed tramps lol

I haven't called you a Jambo.

greenlex
20-08-2017, 05:41 PM
:agree: Your entitled to your opinion how ever unreasonable it is.

Hfcwilson3192
20-08-2017, 05:42 PM
I haven't called you a Jambo.
Well the digging patter is indicating I'm trolling and the only folk who troll this site are them lol

Hfcwilson3192
20-08-2017, 05:43 PM
:agree: Your entitled to your opinion how ever unreasonable it is. cheers man. Quiet shocked with the delusion on here like folk hinking average players are class cause they wear our top.

Pete
20-08-2017, 05:44 PM

I haven't seen one "reasonable opinion" yet. Just trolling.

I don't mind people having a moan as long as they're here praising the team when the good times are here. Some players only appear to have veiled digs and they can go to a phone box and moan as far as I'm concerned.

Not having it.

Pete
20-08-2017, 05:45 PM
cheers man. Quiet shocked with the delusion on here like folk hinking average players are class cause they wear our top.

Nah get lost that's one too many. You're on ignore.

matty_f
20-08-2017, 05:48 PM
cheers man. Quiet shocked with the delusion on here like folk hinking average players are class cause they wear our top.

You can't moan about folk disagreeing with your opinion and then call everyone else delusional if you want to have any credibility.

Disagree by all means, and hold whatever opinion you want but at least try and put it across civilly if you're expecting the same back.

PapillonVert
20-08-2017, 05:56 PM

I am with Lenny on this. A wake up call.

We can't presume that we will win just because we have decent players. Hard work required every game.

emerald green
20-08-2017, 05:58 PM

Are you really 25 years old, and been a season ticket holder for 1-5 years?

I have to say your grammar and spelling is very Jam-like. :doh:

Hfcwilson3192
20-08-2017, 05:59 PM
I haven't seen one "reasonable opinion" yet. Just trolling.

I don't mind people having a moan as long as they're here praising the team when the good times are here. Some players only appear to have veiled digs and they can go to a phone box and moan as far as I'm concerned.

Not having it.

A phone box? Seriously lol mate il always praise my team when they win. I am however always gonni critise players I feel urni hibs class. Trolling? How is having a different opinion trolling? Do you Ken wit trolling even is? A love ma team and a follow them all over if you dinni like my opinion then that's fair doos but just to be very clear again I'm no trolling I'm just commenting on our issue at the back which is a big issue. We've concended 6 goals in 3 games, 4 against utter dross and 2 against ten men. If that's no a decensive issue then am sorry but am watching the wrong sport. Two of the back four got us relegated 3 years ago and my issue is we'll leak tuns of goals this season like we did 3 years ago. As for ambrose his time at celtic says it all. A canny mind of a big cheer on here when he signed on loan? He played decent against pub teams in the championship but he's been woeful in the premiership with the best team in Scotland now if he's like that with them it's gonni be worse wi us is it no? It's really common sense. I'm genuinely dumbfounded that anyone's even arguing with me. A serious case of championship amnesia here like.

Danderhall Hibs
20-08-2017, 06:01 PM

3+1+9+2 = ....

Hfcwilson3192
20-08-2017, 06:01 PM

I just type the way a speak never knew it was an English exam pal lol

Hfcwilson3192
20-08-2017, 06:02 PM
3+1+9+2 = ....
Yer patters immense mate

matty_f
20-08-2017, 06:03 PM
A phone box? Seriously lol mate il always praise my team when they win. I am however always gonni critise players I feel urni hibs class. Trolling? How is having a different opinion trolling? Do you Ken wit trolling even is? A love ma team and a follow them all over if you dinni like my opinion then that's fair doos but just to be very clear again I'm no trolling I'm just commenting on our issue at the back which is a big issue. We've concended 6 goals in 3 games, 4 against utter dross and 2 against ten men. If that's no a decensive issue then am sorry but am watching the wrong sport. Two of the back four got us relegated 3 years ago and my issue is we'll leak tuns of goals this season like we did 3 years ago. As for ambrose his time at celtic says it all. A canny mind of a big cheer on here when he signed on loan? He played decent against pub teams in the championship but he's been woeful in the premiership with the best team in Scotland now if he's like that with them it's gonni be worse wi us is it no? It's really common sense. I'm genuinely dumbfounded that anyone's even arguing with me. A serious case of championship amnesia here like.

We conceded one against ten men.

MWHIBBIES
20-08-2017, 06:06 PM
Embarrassed for having a very reasonable opinion nah no really man.It isn't a reasonable opinion and it wasn't presented in a reasonable manner. You cant expect to be taken seriously when you say ''these players with hundreds of top level games and major national trophies won are *****, always have been and anyone who disagrees is deluded''

Aye, that is a really reasonable opinion.

matty_f
20-08-2017, 06:07 PM
It isn't a reasonable opinion and it wasn't presented in a reasonable manner. You cant expect to be taken seriously when you say ''these players with hundreds of top level games and major national trophies won are *****, always have been and anyone who disagrees is deluded''

Aye, that is a really reasonable opinion.
:agree:

Hfcwilson3192
We conceded one against ten men.

Very true man my mistake even at that though we shouldn't have conceded any against ten men.

matty_f
Very true man my mistake even at that though we shouldn't have conceded any against ten men.

Every team on the planet has conceded against ten men at some point, I reckon.

Danderhall Hibs
20-08-2017, 06:09 PM
Every team on the planet has conceded against ten men at some point, I reckon.

It was the anniversary of the GO'C last minute winner the other day.

We only needed 10 men.

emerald green
20-08-2017, 06:09 PM
I just type the way a speak never knew it was an English exam pal lol

A rite a git it noo ken likesay mate pal lol :rolleyes:

Hfcwilson3192
20-08-2017, 06:12 PM
It isn't a reasonable opinion and it wasn't presented in a reasonable manner. You cant expect to be taken seriously when you say ''these players with hundreds of top level games and major national trophies won are *****, always have been and anyone who disagrees is deluded''

Aye, that is a really reasonable opinion. a reasonable manner 😂 mate you can disagree with me all you want a dinni care it's no me that's getting offended cause a fellow hibby is saying 3 average players are average.

Hfcwilson3192
20-08-2017, 06:13 PM
A rite a git it noo ken likesay mate pal lol :rolleyes:
Aye yer getting it noo pal lol

Hfcwilson3192
20-08-2017, 06:14 PM
Every team on the planet has conceded against ten men at some point, I reckon. ofcourse they huv doesny make it acceptable lol

Hfcwilson3192
20-08-2017, 06:15 PM
It was the anniversary of the GO'C last minute winner the other day.

We only needed 10 men.

👍

The_Horde
20-08-2017, 06:16 PM

Do you have anything positive you'd like to add?

Or do you save those posts for kickback?

Hibernia&Alba
20-08-2017, 06:18 PM
I'm not a massive Ambrose fan, as I've said before. For me he always has a mistake in him and too often he makes me nervous, but I will hold my hands up and say that on balance he has been a positive signing. A few crazy moments for sure, but some very solid performances too. Of course he isn't Bobby Moore; if he was, he wouldn't be at Hibs, but so far he's been a good addition.

Hfcwilson3192
20-08-2017, 06:19 PM
Do you have anything positive you'd like to add?

Or do you save those posts for kickback? oh aye we have the best forwards in the league outwith celtic and the best centre mid in the country in sjm. And our goalies the best goalie I've seen at Easter road in my 25 years of existence. Mon the cabbage. Into these dundee inbreds.

matty_f
20-08-2017, 06:20 PM
ofcourse they huv doesny make it acceptable lol

But everyone has to accept it, it happens. Unless you think there's some way to make sure it never happens again?

Heisenberg
20-08-2017, 06:20 PM
We'll definitely need our defence to snap out of it for Dundee. They seem to create a lot of chances and they surely can't keep missing them. Big test of this team coming up.

Hfcwilson3192
20-08-2017, 06:22 PM
I'm not a massive Ambrose fan, as I've said before. For me he always has a mistake in him and too often he makes me nervous, but I will hold my hands up and say that on balance he has been a positive signing. A few crazy moments for sure, but some very solid performances too. Of course he isn't Bobby Moore; if he was, he wouldn't' be at Hibs, but so far he's been a good addition.
Very true all I'm trying to put across is that he'll probably do the same with us but obviously I'm no saying that in a pleasant enough manner lol

Hfcwilson3192
20-08-2017, 06:24 PM
But everyone has to accept it, it happens. Unless you think there's some way to make sure it never happens again? aye cause that's exactly what a meant.

The_Horde
20-08-2017, 06:26 PM
But everyone has to accept it, it happens. Unless you think there's some way to make sure it never happens again?

It's pretty easy to accept when you win the game..

emerald green
20-08-2017, 06:26 PM
Aye yer getting it noo pal lol

A ken am no as kwik and funny as you mate pal lol

Hibernia&Alba
20-08-2017, 06:28 PM
Launched him?

matty_f
20-08-2017, 06:28 PM
aye cause that's exactly what a meant.

What did you mean when you say it's unacceptable then?

The_Horde
20-08-2017, 06:31 PM
Launched him?

Wonder why... :hilarious