PDA

View Full Version : Disgraceful

madhatter
19-08-2017, 03:46 PM
knew this was coming. didn't know it would be that bad though

Is It On....
19-08-2017, 03:48 PM

Agreed...post match from NL going to be interesting. Really poor defending but actually a very poor performance from front to back and how on earth did McGinn get MoTM?

madhatter
19-08-2017, 03:49 PM
Stokes, Stevenson, Hanlon, Efe and Swanson are definite drops for me.

TheReg!
19-08-2017, 03:50 PM
Still early doors in the season, suck it up, move on and learn to pick it up for every team, which I'm sure Lennon will do

madhatter
19-08-2017, 03:51 PM
Still early doors in the season, suck it up, move on and learn to pick it up for every team, which I'm sure Lennon will do

I think its partly his fault. All this Rangers talk this week was stupid.

Also suck it up? 3rd goal they took the crap out of us. After 1st goal players stopped doing their jobs. Hamilton just scored 3 goals against us in 1 half.

SChibs
19-08-2017, 03:52 PM
Why drop the best player in our squad after his best game for us, Slivka

TheReg!
19-08-2017, 03:52 PM
[QUOTE=madhatter;5147773]I think its partly his fault. All this Rangers talk this week was stupid.[/QUOTE
Yup!

wookie70
19-08-2017, 03:54 PM
Dreadful, lack of commitment lack of energy lack of heart, dreadful tactics,. worse substitutions

rcarter1
19-08-2017, 03:55 PM
[QUOTE=madhatter;5147773]I think its partly his fault. All this Rangers talk this week was stupid.[/QUOTE
Yup!

Woah, Lennon was dragged into that by the media all week.

fulshie
19-08-2017, 03:59 PM
Lennon needs to remind the players and himself that beating one of the old firm does not give you the right to take your eye of the ball. Learn from it and move on.

cabbage_88
19-08-2017, 03:59 PM
We had to come crashing back down to earth at some point but was not expecting it to be today. One of the worst second half performances I've seen.

Stokes was abysmal, don't care if he scored at the end, lazy and uninterested. Ambrose, awful, not sure it would have made a difference but cannot believe he took mcgregor off instead of him. Lewie and Whittaker had nightmares as well today. Cant believe slivka never started after last weeks performance. Starting 5 defenders against Hamilton is very poor.

Hopefully that's the boot up the back side we need and we can kick on again next Sunday. We were always going to be given a reality check at some point but should never ever be in that fashion!

Anyway, it's done now, need to try forget about it quickly and get back to business

MartinfaePorty
19-08-2017, 04:01 PM
Poor display. Learn. Move on. And the boy along from me who moaned for 90 minutes can stay at home next time.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Joe6-2
19-08-2017, 04:01 PM
Lennon needs to remind the players and himself that beating one of the old firm does not give you the right to take your eye of the ball. Learn from it and move on.

How many lessons do we need, this has been a problem for years!

Centre Hawf
19-08-2017, 04:02 PM
[QUOTE=TheReg!;5147777]

Woah, Lennon was dragged into that by the media all week.

Which he allowed by acting a bairn at Ibrox. Maybe by turning round to goad the Rangers fans he missed Slivka being one of our better players, only reasonable excuse for having not started him today.

SRHibs
19-08-2017, 04:02 PM
Dire. Worst defensive performance I've seen in years. On the plus side Slivka is class. Hope he starts next game.

Borderhibbie76
19-08-2017, 04:05 PM
We had to come crashing back down to earth at some point but was not expecting it to be today. One of the worst second half performances I've seen.

Stokes was abysmal, don't care if he scored at the end, lazy and uninterested. Ambrose, awful, not sure it would have made a difference but cannot believe he took mcgregor off instead of him. Lewie and Whittaker had nightmares as well today. Cant believe slivka never started after last weeks performance. Starting 5 defenders against Hamilton is very poor.

Hopefully that's the boot up the back side we need and we can kick on again next Sunday. We were always going to be given a reality check at some point but should never ever be in that fashion!

Anyway, it's done now, need to try forget about it quickly and get back to businessCould not believe he took Daz off and left Ambrose off it left us wide open at the back. Ambrose frightens the life out of me especislly in a back 4. Thought most of the team bar Rocky were awful today...should never have dropped Slivka from last week...and get SDG back in pronto...Whittaker was extremely poor today too.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Thecat23
19-08-2017, 04:07 PM
Can we calm the **** down. It's one bad result. Shouting that he needs this and he should be dropped is a bit much. We've just come up had a poor day at the office Lennon will not accept this and we will learn from it.

Lets try keep the toys in the pram.

Greencore
19-08-2017, 04:08 PM
Too cocky. Listening too much to our hype by pundits and fans. Can not win them all. Back to training on monday.

Tornadoes70
19-08-2017, 04:08 PM
Shocking performance. Far too many players were far below their best. Full marks to Hamilton but we should be beating these teams especially at home and in front of big crowds that will drastically reduce if exposed to any more ridiculously below par games like this one. Hopefully this is one of these blips in form that will be sorted out very quickly.

Jim44
19-08-2017, 04:09 PM
Today's result is an answer to the folk who reckoned that we were unnecessarily bringing in players who wouldn't be first picks. We're going to need every decent player we have to cope with what looks like a tough gig this season. Premature talk of top four, even 2nd, is unrealistic.

Sean1875
19-08-2017, 04:09 PM
we had absolutely zero width today and everything came through the middle. Hamilton worked this out after 10-15 mins and knew they just had to stack the middle and sit deep and we had nothing. Extremely disappointing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vault Boy
19-08-2017, 04:10 PM
Can we calm the **** down. It's one bad result. Shouting that he needs and he should be dropped is a bit much. We've just come up had a poor day at the office Lennon will not accept this and we will learn from it.

This. It's very frustrating and disappointing, but it was clearly an off day today.

fulshie
19-08-2017, 04:10 PM
How many lessons do we need, this has been a problem for years!True.

Tobias Funke
19-08-2017, 04:11 PM

You must have been choking for Hibs to lose.

Borderhibbie76
19-08-2017, 04:11 PM
Can we calm the **** down. It's one bad result. Shouting that he needs and he should be dropped is a bit much. We've just come up had a poor day at the office Lennon will not accept this and we will learn from it.

Lets try keep the toys in the pram.Agreed mate but Lennon made some poor decisions today...pre match dropping Slivka and then taking Daz off at 0 1. He also needs to learn from this ...a real Hibee reality check today that's for sure

Stokesy's on fire
19-08-2017, 04:12 PM
Losing to Hamilton is embarssing. They are a joke club yet they gave us a proper roasting. Hopefuly this is a wake up call.

pacoluna
19-08-2017, 04:13 PM
Same usual posters fail to embrace the positiveness when winning then come down on the team like a ton of bricks when we lose a match.

High-On-Hibs
19-08-2017, 04:15 PM
What gets me is that all the players seem to have a shocker at the exact same time.

Thecat23
19-08-2017, 04:15 PM
Agreed mate but Lennon made some poor decisions today...pre match dropping Slivka and then taking Daz off at 0 1. He also needs to learn from this ...a real Hibee reality check today that's for sure

Lennon no doubt will know that himself. He's a good enough manager to correct the mistakes I think. So I'm not going to be so hard on Hibs after this defeat alrhough sore to take it happens.

EH54
19-08-2017, 04:16 PM
What gets me is that all the players seem to have a shocker at the exact same time.

This

Not one turned up

ShinyFantastic
19-08-2017, 04:17 PM
I don't really know what people were expecting. We'll probably just go back to what we always were in this league- mediocre.

Borderhibbie76
19-08-2017, 04:18 PM
Lennon no doubt will know that himself. He's a good enough manager to correct the mistakes I think. So I'm not going to be so hard on Hibs after this defeat alrhough sore to take it happens.Yeah disappointed with today but we move on mate...maybe in the long run this will do us some good and learn we can't pick and choose when to turn up in this league

Thecat23
19-08-2017, 04:21 PM
Yeah disappointed with today but we move on mate...maybe in the long run this will do us some good and learn we can't pick and choose when to turn up in this league

Exactly, no easy game in this league so this could be a little wake up call to the players and bring us back to earth after a flying start.

madhatter
19-08-2017, 04:22 PM
You must have been choking for Hibs to lose.

No. How many times in our "recent" history have we pulled off a big result and followed up with a shocking display?

Steve20
19-08-2017, 04:22 PM
I wouldn't say it was coming considering we have been playing well recently, but yes today was brutal. Defence was a disgrace, midfield got well beat and we may as well have not bothered with strikers.

Also,goal music when we score a consolation goal in injury time? FFS

davhibby
19-08-2017, 04:23 PM
Hopefully Lennon takes some responsibility too. It was clear early on that the formation wasn't working. Should've changed to a back 4 at half time at the latest. Once it went 1-0 though we totally fell apart. We're very lucky it was only 3

Hibbyradge
19-08-2017, 04:25 PM
We must look for the positives.

This takes away the fear of losing our first game.

Or something like that.

madhatter
19-08-2017, 04:26 PM
Can we calm the **** down. It's one bad result. Shouting that he needs this and he should be dropped is a bit much. We've just come up had a poor day at the office Lennon will not accept this and we will learn from it.

I'd accept a loss. Its the manner, as I said, players stop doing their jobs after we went 1 down and Hanlon and Efe starting doing embarrassing things for seemingly no reason. I'd accept if we were outplayed and some of our players were bad on the day. But...our whole team were awful 2nd half...something not right about that. Go in at halftime and everything OK then fall apart 2nd half and gift them 2 embarrassing goals.

Stokesy's on fire
19-08-2017, 04:26 PM

We win and lose as a team..when we win comfortably normaly all the players play well...dundee next..lets horse them as a response.

Thecat23
19-08-2017, 04:36 PM
I'd accept a loss. Its the manner, as I said, players stop doing their jobs after we went 1 down and Hanlon and Efe starting doing embarrassing things for seemingly no reason. I'd accept if we were outplayed and some of our players were bad on the day. But...our whole team were awful 2nd half...something not right about that. Go in at halftime and everything OK then fall apart 2nd half and gift them 2 embarrassing goals.

Far as I have seen we were outplayed so credit to Hamilton for getting bang on.

Stuart93
19-08-2017, 04:38 PM
Could kind of see this coming, just seemed like usual hibs superb result last week away at ibrox and absolutely flat this week, results like last week mean nothing if you're getting pumped at home to Hamilton.

Hibs Class
19-08-2017, 04:38 PM

:agree: Disappointing rather than disgraceful

BH Hibs
19-08-2017, 04:39 PM
FFS usual drama queens on here after losing a game. Place is ****ing reeking.

madhatter
19-08-2017, 04:43 PM
Far as I have seen we were outplayed so credit to Hamilton for getting bang on.

Fair enough, not my opinion - any team could have scored the 2 goals they did(ignoring the penalty). I assumed we went 433 near the end but players seemed to play 244 and didn't track back. CB pairing of Efe and Hanlon equals zero physical presence. both lost their battles and Hanlons decision to pass to Stevenson for their goal was something you'd see a few divisions down.

I can't wait to hear Lennon's interview.

Pete
19-08-2017, 04:46 PM
Well I didn't see it coming and I don't think the players did either. Maybe believing their own hype.

Disgraceful indeed but let's put it down to a freak result and performance.

Frazerbob
19-08-2017, 04:46 PM

Delighted for you. Take it you cleaned up at the bookies aye?

madhatter
19-08-2017, 04:47 PM

Losing a game is fine. If you think the manner we lost that game is fine then clearly we think differently.

If anything was reeking today, it was players attitude and commitment.

Jim Herriot
19-08-2017, 04:47 PM

True, and anyone suggesting that it's not a complete and utter disaster or even anything vaguely positive will be met with "so you think it's acceptable to lose to Hamilton?" whether or not they suggested that it was.

neil7908
19-08-2017, 04:48 PM

I agree, let's not overreact but make no mistake, we were comprehensively beaten, outfought and out played today.

One thing that's really important for me is looking at not just this game but all 3 - we've now lost 6 goals in 3 games. We won't be getting anywhere with that kind of record.

JK Rolling
19-08-2017, 04:49 PM
That result was a sore one to take today and was made all the worse after last weeks great win. However, lessons will be learnt and improvements made accordingly.

No need for any kind of panic and faith in the manager/players should continue as before.

Let's not go into slaughterfest mode.

eastcoasthibby
19-08-2017, 04:52 PM
Losing to Hamilton is embarssing. They are a joke club yet they gave us a proper roasting. Hopefuly this is a wake up call.

Hamilton played to their strengths stayed organised, did things simply, defended as your supposed to, they also had a real centre forward who played and competed with our centre halves very well, had a good touch and linked things up for them ..we struggled from the off, never really got a grip of the midfield and our two forwards were ineffective ...and.Danny Swanson needs to settle and try to build his game up.
Having said that we still had a couple of decent chances ..all told a poor day on the.pitch and a big learning game ...next game will be interesting !!

madhatter
19-08-2017, 04:52 PM
Delighted for you. Take it you cleaned up at the bookies aye?

No, very witty of you though. Rather than admit today's 2nd half was disgraceful which is what Neil Lennon will be saying btw, you just funnel your frustration at me...nae bother

Listen I don't particularly care anymore, I'm watching Stoke vs Arsenal now.

wookie70
19-08-2017, 04:54 PM
Hopefully Lennon takes some responsibility too. It was clear early on that the formation wasn't working. Should've changed to a back 4 at half time at the latest. Once it went 1-0 though we totally fell apart. We're very lucky it was only 3

I agree with that. Lennon has rightly been praised for our start to the season and some good signings but he must look at his own performance today. No idea why he dropped one of our best performers last week and absolutely baffled as to why he took Daz off. His subs made us worse and we looked a complete shambles in the second half when Daz went off and we were throwing men forward when it was still 1-0. Pretty much to a man today we were awful and his so called winning mentality wasn't shown by a single player today.

HNA4
19-08-2017, 04:58 PM
Plenty other threads dissecting today's poor result so we probably won't miss this one. Plus it looks like it's taking a similar turn to one the OP started last season...