PDA

View Full Version : Reality check

cleanyman
19-08-2017, 03:39 PM
A terrible terrible display

We MUST improve our start to games. Accies deserved the victory.

rcarter1
19-08-2017, 03:45 PM
Really dissappointing, and so NOT what I expected given the quality of the squad, and the manager. Did someone put downers in their porridge this morning. I hope that the large depth of our squad allows for some pretty extensive reshuffles. Or are Hamilton a Top 6 side and weve been caught cold?

dougieflett
19-08-2017, 03:47 PM
Too many people think we've got 2nd spot after 2 games

Sent from my F3111 using Tapatalk

SeanWilson
19-08-2017, 03:49 PM
Wee bit. I'd rather the wake up call three games in. We've been utterly, utterly ***** today.... let's see what happens next week. 💚

Bristolhibby
19-08-2017, 03:51 PM
1-3 - wrong thread

emerald green
19-08-2017, 05:27 PM
What happened today was the very thing Neil Lennon has consistently been warning and cautioning folk about. Too many people were getting carried away after Hibs win at Ibrox.

Jeez how many times have I witnessed similar performances / results like today following great wins the previous week. Back down to earth with a bang.

staunchhibby
19-08-2017, 05:36 PM
Yep same old hibs Good result one week and followed by rubbish the next week.

CockneyRebel
20-08-2017, 10:56 AM
Yep same old hibs Good result one week and followed by rubbish the next week.

Not using it as an excuse but you should all ask around amongst pals that support other teams and most will tell you that they have similar runs during a season where they thrash a team away one week and lose the next home game against a team with a small budget and an even smaller support. It doesn't make me feel any better though.

Hfcwilson3192
20-08-2017, 11:29 AM
A think the same old hibs crap died when we won the Scottish cup this has genuinely been a one off.

NAE NOOKIE
20-08-2017, 12:17 PM
The thing is it shouldn't be a reality check .. at least not if you have a reasonable grasp of the reality of where we have come from to what we now face.

There was very little difference between how Hamilton played yesterday and how the vast majority of Championship teams have played at Easter Road over the last three seasons. But if there was a difference it was that seasoned premiership teams like they are have that bit more quality and experience and are far more capable of executing their game plan ...... and boy did Hamilton prove that point.

The mistakes and even complacency we were able to get away with in the championship will be punished by teams like Hamilton .... that's not a criticism of Hibs, the same applies to any team coming out of the championship after more than one season. The time to criticise Hibs will be when it becomes evident we are failing to learn that lesson.

The positive is that no matter how well Hamilton played the truth is that we haven't witnessed a shambles like that from a Hibs team in many a long month and we all know that we are a far better team than we showed yesterday .... we had a couple of shockers in the league when we were in the championship and we bounced back pretty quickly .... lets hope we get back on track at Dundee and show the good performance we are well capable of.