https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170819/2dc906b0ea73c0baa2d977e60cbc3181.jpg
[emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GreenLake
19-08-2017, 09:59 AM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170819/2dc906b0ea73c0baa2d977e60cbc3181.jpg
[emoji23][emoji23]

He should write a tweet about who likes him and why. Try to look on the positive side instead.

Diclonius
19-08-2017, 10:02 AM
Where's this from?

hibeebairn
19-08-2017, 10:03 AM
Such a talented boy. If money wasn't his main motivation from such an early age he would probably be a Dundee Utd legend, have then been signed by one of the ugly sisters and now be plying his trade at a decent level daan saath.......and be the subject of a lot less dislike!

Iggy Pope
19-08-2017, 10:05 AM
Are there not enough threads about the Hertz without prefixing them on one that has nowt really to do with them?
As far as Scott Allan goes he hasn't endeared himself to many has he? He is therefore widely disliked. No **** Sherlock.

MWHIBBIES
19-08-2017, 10:10 AM
He'd be playing for Scotland and we'd all like him if he had a proper, professional attitude.

hibbymac
19-08-2017, 10:12 AM
Girls don't like him cause, ....Girls like Simon Murray :wink:

lord bunberry
19-08-2017, 10:13 AM
I don't have a strong opinion about him. I feel a bit sorry for him, if he'd stayed with us he could've become a legend and got himself in the Scottish team.

jacomo
19-08-2017, 10:14 AM
Where's this from?

Full article here

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/competitions/premiership/interview-scott-allan-on-why-everybody-hates-him-1-4536319

To be fair he comes across quite well.

Maybe he has now matured and is focusing on his career.

3pm
19-08-2017, 10:16 AM
The interview is actually decent.

Still not sure he realises why we are all annoyed.

Hibbycol
19-08-2017, 10:18 AM
all the big boys are picking on me [emoji22][emoji22][emoji24]

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Jones28
19-08-2017, 10:21 AM
It's not that I don't like him, I just don't give a ****

Ozyhibby
19-08-2017, 10:26 AM
Are there not enough threads about the Hertz without prefixing them on one that has nowt really to do with them?
As far as Scott Allan goes he hasn't endeared himself to many has he? He is therefore widely disliked. No **** Sherlock.

Prefix was caused by my fat thumbs, nothing else.

edinburghhibee
19-08-2017, 10:36 AM
That whole quote could have just been shortened to "nobody likes me cos I'm a Hun"

19-08-2017, 10:37 AM
I can’t wait for the next “I’m back and really focused n that honest” article in two years time.

SaulGoodman
19-08-2017, 10:38 AM
Snake

staunchhibby
19-08-2017, 10:58 AM
Was ill advised re future.

Tornadoes70
19-08-2017, 11:02 AM
He's a dispassionate football mercenary who forces moves to other clubs as opposed to biding his time and doing whats right for himself and whatever club he's contracted to at the given time. He deserves no sympathy for the way in which he's conducted himself when extracting himself from contracts which was only for his own personal gain. He's a selfish person who has only ever thought about himself every time.

19-08-2017, 11:09 AM
No. Hibs fans don't dislike you because you left, it happens all the time, its part of football, we accept that. We don't like you because of bratty, throw your toys out the pram, unproffesional manner in which you went about it which was even more of a slap in the face given the fact we had revived your career. The huns put in pathetic, pitiful bids that they knew fine well hibs would reject but it was with the sole intention of turning Allans head and he took the bait.

Brilliant talent, bad attitude. Should be playing at a far better club than Dundee but he's gotten himself a reputation for having a bit of a bad attitude and someone who spits the dummy out when things don't go his way.

Pretty Boy
19-08-2017, 11:10 AM
The common denominator in the problems throughout Scott Allans career is Scott Allan. The issues at Dundee Utd, the failed loan spells, the way he left Hibs, being left in the wilderness at Celtic.....

Talented lad but destined to be another washed up ex pro doing the 'where it all went wrong' interviews for the Daily Record or Sunday Mail in a few years.

Smartie
19-08-2017, 11:12 AM
I quite like him, but I do think that he's a bit of a fanny.

He gave us a season of quite superb football and he was a big part in getting us all back onside with what the club were doing, then we got a very nice return from his transfer.

I'm willing to forgive the fact that he acted like a twat when he left us, I'll even give him the benefit of the doubt given that he was wanting to leave to play for the club he supported for a lot more money - not a crazy thing for him to want.

I also hope Marvin Bartley puts him on his arse in the first 5 minutes the next time we play him.

Craig_HFC
19-08-2017, 11:18 AM
Hope we don't boo him at Dens Park next week. Not because I like him (I don't) but he isn't relevant enough to warrant the abuse.

Mr White
19-08-2017, 11:19 AM

He gave us a season of quite superb football and he was a big part in getting us all back onside with what the club were doing, then we got a very nice return from his transfer.

I'm willing to forgive the fact that he acted like a twat when he left us, I'll even give him the benefit of the doubt given that he was wanting to leave to play for the club he supported for a lot more money - not a crazy thing for him to want.

I also hope Marvin Bartley puts him on his arse in the first 5 minutes the next time we play him.
I shudder to think how you'd describe people you really don't like then :greengrin

proud_and_green
19-08-2017, 11:19 AM
The thing is for me and probably many other folks, and this should probably be of more concern to him, that I don't think about him at all other than he left and I wouldn't have him back.

There are better, harder working, more team focused players around.

Pity for him, but ...c'est le vie!

SRHibs
19-08-2017, 11:20 AM
I shudder to think how you'd describe people you really don't like then :greengrin

All along he thought we liked Mark Warburton!

Firestarter
19-08-2017, 11:42 AM
Get him back next season arm round the shoulder, 3 year deal, we could get the best out of him. Tremendous talent.

G B Young
19-08-2017, 11:46 AM
http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/competitions/premiership/interview-scott-allan-on-why-everybody-hates-him-1-4536319

Full interview here. When you read about his career path it's fair to say that, with the exception of his one full season at Hibs, he has well and truly mucked it up. He was a great player for us, no question, but his judgement is clearly unsound when it comes to understanding what's best for him.

Smartie
19-08-2017, 11:48 AM

Full interview here. When you read about his career path it's fair to say that, with the exception of his one full season at Hibs, he has well and truly mucked it up. He was a great player for us, no question, but his judgement is clearly unsound when it comes to understanding what's best for him.

It was also interesting to hear him effectively dismiss the English Championship as "rugby", a league that we're always keen to hold up as somehow vastly superior to our own.

Quite a good article actually.

He's packed quite a lot of interesting stuff into a short career, without there being a great deal of football.

NORTHERNHIBBY
19-08-2017, 11:53 AM
Given that the one person who is preventing this boy being a regular at a top club and a full international is Scott Allan , I wonder if he actually likes himself.

makaveli1875
19-08-2017, 11:57 AM
Get him back next season arm round the shoulder, 3 year deal, we could get the best out of him. Tremendous talent.

He wouldnt get near our 1st team at the moment

Firestarter
19-08-2017, 12:07 PM

On past form, yes he would .

CapitalGreen
19-08-2017, 12:09 PM

Hahaha

ACLeith
19-08-2017, 12:11 PM

When he signed for us a United mate said that the best 2 young players he had seen for them since their great days in the 80s were Andy Robertson and SA. After a few weeks with us I saw what he meant.

Heisenberg
19-08-2017, 12:14 PM

In front of who?

Stuart93
19-08-2017, 12:16 PM
****** him, made his bed and all that.

Smartie
19-08-2017, 12:18 PM
Scott Allan's ability to carve open a defence with a pass and the cleverness of movement/ energy of Stokes and Murray would be ridiculously potent.

I don't know what our current best XI is, but we have a squad full of excellent options. It would be mental to suggest Scott Allan wouldn't add to that.

Dinkydoo
19-08-2017, 12:27 PM
So by his own admission, he's a turncoat *******

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

19-08-2017, 12:32 PM
He’s at Dundee for a reason.

wookie70
19-08-2017, 12:35 PM
He seems like an individual incarnation of The Rangers. Moaning about everyone hating him while most of the reasons are down to him. He walks away from responsibilities and is loyal to only himself. Comes across as a spoilt selfish individual who thinks he is more important that he is. Oh and it's everyone elses fault.

I watched the highlights of the first league game Dundee had and he was exactly the same as he was at Hibs. Good on the ball but lazy and uninterested off it. He is also always looking for the world cup ball so he gives away possession regularly. He certainly has talent but it takes more than that to be a successful footballer in a team structure. You need heart and commitment to the team. To me he could be the Lion, The Tinman or the Scarecrow in the Wizard of Oz. He lacks heart, courage and a brain.

Rounding up I wasn't his biggest fan before he turned his back on Hibs and his actions in manipulating a move made that worse. The only good thing I can say about him is we got Dylan, SJM and some cash for his desertion.

Mr White
19-08-2017, 12:42 PM
He seems like an individual incarnation of The Rangers. Moaning about everyone hating him while most of the reasons are down to him. He walks away from responsibilities and is loyal to only himself. Comes across as a spoilt selfish individual who thinks he is more important that he is. Oh and it's everyone elses fault.

I watched the highlights of the first league game Dundee had and he was exactly the same as he was at Hibs. Good on the ball but lazy and uninterested off it. He is also always looking for the world cup ball so he gives away possession regularly. He certainly has talent but it takes more than that to be a successful footballer in a team structure. You need heart and commitment to the team. To me he could be the Lion, The Tinman or the Scarecrow in the Wizard of Oz. He lacks heart, courage and a brain.

Rounding up I wasn't his biggest fan before he turned his back on Hibs and his actions in manipulating a move made that worse. The only good thing I can say about him is we got Dylan, SJM and some cash for his desertion.

We already had SJM but we did get Hendo on loan as part of his move to Celtc.

19-08-2017, 12:52 PM

Couldn’t agree more.

HibernianJK
19-08-2017, 12:56 PM

This is where I am. I still enjoy watching him play because he just makes things look so easy. He did act like a prick but as you said he wanted to leave to play for the club he supported for a big pay cheque.

NORTHERNHIBBY
19-08-2017, 01:02 PM

On his form on the pitch rather than off the pitch. If he was in our team and playing at the top of his ability, then when the January window opens, the past evidence would suggest that he would be stirring for a move.

Speedway
19-08-2017, 01:11 PM
In front of who?

Swanson.

--------
19-08-2017, 01:48 PM
Swanson.

No - commitment and character have to count for something, and Allan's only committed to himself and his own short-term advantage.

Danny's not playing his best right now, but he's committed to the team and the club, and he's got more to show.

And I wouldn't trust Allan as far as I could throw him (which isn't very far these days).

Zazu62
19-08-2017, 05:35 PM
Reading part of that interview.. is it just me or did Houston threaten to have him whacked ?

Johnny_Leith
20-08-2017, 03:25 AM
He was offered to hibs and hearts this summer.

Pete
20-08-2017, 04:16 AM
It's easy to look at Scott Allan and think that he's got a bad attitude and is lazy. He's got all the skill in the world so there must be a flaw in his character because he isn't playing regularly for a big club.

I prefer to look at other players and ask if they would even be professional sportsmen, never mind playing in our top league for anyone, if they had type one diabetes. It's also worth thinking about what Scott Allan would be like if he didn't have this illness...a lot of the reasons for people assuming he's got a bad attitude would probably disappear.

Time to put things into perspective and time for a bit of class regards Allan. As for his "move" to Rangers, it's a short career for players who don't have these issues so if you're even more uncertain about what's round the corner then you can surely be given some benefit of the doubt.

TheHarpy76
20-08-2017, 06:54 AM
**** him.

He made his bed, now he can lie in it.