PDA

View Full Version : SPFL Matters

bingo70
18-08-2017, 06:24 PM
Recorded SPFL matters as was busy earlier, just tried to put it on to discovery sky sports decided that two guys playing FIFA on the Xbox takes priority over Scottish football now.

I can't be the only one that finds it completely bonkers that sky are showing FIFA as a sport now surely?

Fairly ironic name for the show as well......'spfl matters'........just not as much as two spotty teenagers playing a game against each other

BoltonHibernian
18-08-2017, 07:02 PM
Shocking considering they're trying to up thief game to match BTs coverage. Not that I have any interest in it but watching other people 'gaming' is actually a pretty big 'sport'.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lord bunberry
18-08-2017, 09:46 PM
What the **** are you 2 on about? I just watched it and I don't know what you're talking about.

The_Horde
18-08-2017, 09:51 PM
These people who are earning all this money doing esports need to stop playing computer games, read a book and educate themselves.

Hibs4185
18-08-2017, 10:12 PM
Watched it for 5 minutes. Did anyone else find it funny the player - Kris Boyd, interviewing his manager? Asking about why he signed so and so and why he chose tactics etc? Talk about undermining the manager!

bingo70
18-08-2017, 10:14 PM
What the **** are you 2 on about? I just watched it and I don't know what you're talking about.

It was originally scheduled for 6:30 but they cancelled it and put it back to back of 10 as the kids playing a computer game had over run.

Liam89
18-08-2017, 10:20 PM
These people who are earning all this money doing esports need to stop playing computer games, read a book and educate themselves.

Winner received £200k as a prize. Who's to say they aren't avid readers in their spare time whilst treating gaming as their job?

hibbytam
18-08-2017, 10:24 PM

If you can be paid for doing something you love, then fair play.

It's no different from having someone paid to play football.

High-On-Hibs
18-08-2017, 11:04 PM
It was originally scheduled for 6:30 but they cancelled it and put it back to back of 10 as the kids playing a computer game had over run.

It's a slap in the face.

RyeSloan
18-08-2017, 11:13 PM
It's a slap in the face.

Don't know if Scottish Football will recover from such a put down.

RyeSloan
18-08-2017, 11:14 PM
Watched it for 5 minutes. Did anyone else find it funny the player - Kris Boyd, interviewing his manager? Asking about why he signed so and so and why he chose tactics etc? Talk about undermining the manager!

Was all rather awkward! [emoji23]

High-On-Hibs
18-08-2017, 11:23 PM
Don't know if Scottish Football will recover from such a put down.

It's not just a one off though, is it? We've been taking this sort of mince from them for many years now. Absolutely no respect for the game up here. Sometimes I wish we would just tell them to shove it altogether. Screw the TV money. Full attendances and 3pm kick offs should be our aim. Not bending the knee to this lot.

SRHibs
19-08-2017, 01:42 AM

The League of Legends championship final was watched by 34 million people, not to mention the 50,000 in the stadium. Players can make 2-3 million dollars a year through streaming revenue alone, then have six figure pro salaries and prize money on top. The growth of the esports industry is ridiculous right now.

NZ Green
19-08-2017, 02:28 AM
E-Sports is where the money is. Scottish Football is not.

CentreLine
19-08-2017, 06:31 AM
It's not just a one off though, is it? We've been taking this sort of mince from them for many years now. Absolutely no respect for the game up here. Sometimes I wish we would just tell them to shove it altogether. Screw the TV money. Full attendances and 3pm kick offs should be our aim. Not bending the knee to this lot.

It's not just Sky. I tuned in to listen to Sportsound, BBC Scotland of course. What do I get? A run down on EPL matches. WTF???? I want to hear good reporting of Scottish football and if they run out of material on the SPFL Premiership I would rather hear about Championship or lowered Scottish leagues than stuff about Chelsea and Liverpool.

dunedinhibs
19-08-2017, 06:54 AM
Can us overseas fans watch it anywhere?

bingo70
19-08-2017, 07:25 AM
It's not just Sky. I tuned in to listen to Sportsound, BBC Scotland of course. What do I get? A run down on EPL matches. WTF???? I want to hear good reporting of Scottish football and if they run out of material on the SPFL Premiership I would rather hear about Championship or lowered Scottish leagues than stuff about Chelsea and Liverpool.

A BBC Scotland sports journalist proudly tweeted yesterday that they'd have all the best English premiership chat on sport sound last night. It was reassuring to read the number of tweets slating him for it.

I'm personally not that interested in the English premiership but I really enjoy Scottish football, I listen to talk sport most days and I'd love Scottish football to get that sort of analysis and build up, going by the reaction to that boys tweet I'm not the only one so would be good if someone would step up to the plate and start promoting our game properly.

Eyrie
19-08-2017, 08:57 AM

I'd rather watch someone read a book than watch them play a computer game.

Keith_M
19-08-2017, 09:10 AM
Can us overseas fans watch it anywhere?

Don't they have Irish Bars in Dunedin?

matty_f
19-08-2017, 09:12 AM
A BBC Scotland sports journalist proudly tweeted yesterday that they'd have all the best English premiership chat on sport sound last night. It was reassuring to read the number of tweets slating him for it.

I'm personally not that interested in the English premiership but I really enjoy Scottish football, I listen to talk sport most days and I'd love Scottish football to get that sort of analysis and build up, going by the reaction to that boys tweet I'm not the only one so would be good if someone would step up to the plate and start promoting our game properly.

To be fair, they talked at length about Scottish football and head a boy on the phone for a round up of the English games for a few minutes or of an hour and a bit show.

I don't think Sportsound are the culprits if someone is selling our game short - they have a daily show talking about it.

bingo70
19-08-2017, 09:22 AM
To be fair, they talked at length about Scottish football and head a boy on the phone for a round up of the English games for a few minutes or of an hour and a bit show.

I don't think Sportsound are the culprits if someone is selling our game short - they have a daily show talking about it.

Interesting, cheers.

I only listen to the radio when I'm driving during the day so didn't listen to the programme. It was a badly worded tweet from the journalist though as the impression was that they were gong to be talking predominantly about the English premiership.

SRHibs
19-08-2017, 10:58 AM
I'd rather watch someone read a book than watch them play a computer game.

To be honest if you actually play a game it's impressive to watch the pros play it at the very highest level. The amount of skill it takes is vastly under appreciated by the general public.