PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: POP-UP BAR OPEN ON SATURDAY

RSS Bot
18-08-2017, 05:00 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/7794)

Jack Hackett
18-08-2017, 05:07 PM
Yeah but... will it be on the roof, with a view of the castle? Oh!... and serve chilled champagne?

Sorry! Just filling a gap in my life that used to be fuzzy :devil:

lord bunberry
18-08-2017, 05:09 PM
Yeah but... will it be on the roof, with a view of the castle? Oh!... and serve chilled champagne?

Sorry! Just filling a gap in my life that used to be fuzzy :devil:
In a sleek glass.

Jack Hackett
18-08-2017, 05:13 PM
In a slim glass.

But of course. Only a jealous hobo pleb would deign to use anything else.

Radium
18-08-2017, 05:25 PM
The pop-up bar will be open outside the East Stand again before the game on Saturday.

Located behind the East Stand, the bar will open at 12pm and close ahead of kick-off. Please note it will not be open during the game or post-match. For this match there will be no access for those under the age of 18. The Kids Zone will be open pre-match in the Norton Conference Centre for those attending the match with children.

Capacity for the opening matches will initially be restricted to 400, though we hope to increase this significantly moving forward. Supporters are encouraged to arrive early and have their season ticket card ready for arrival.

The bar will be operated by Braveheart, a professional outdoor catering and bar company.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sir David Gray
18-08-2017, 05:37 PM
A few questions for those who went there for the Partick game;

Did it get full to capacity for that game and if so, what time did it become full? Also were there any TV's? If not does anyone know if/when TV's are likely to be installed?

I did ask a few weeks ago for pub recommendations and I got some. However what would be the biggest pub around Easter Road that would be showing the early football matches, assuming the marquee doesn't have TV's yet?

neil7908
18-08-2017, 05:41 PM

Did it get full to capacity for that game and if so, what time did it become full? Also were there any TV's? If not does anyone know if/when TV's are likely to be installed?

I did ask a few weeks ago for pub recommendations and I got some. However what would be the biggest pub around Easter Road that would be showing the early football matches, assuming the marquee doesn't have TV's yet?

Would like to know answers to these questions as well.

Iggy Pope
18-08-2017, 05:49 PM
No TVs but big Dougan reckoned they were working on it.
I was in an hour before kick off and stayed half an hour, plenty room. Maybe busier just prior to kick of.
Fosters was bowfin.

Sir David Gray
18-08-2017, 06:12 PM
No TVs but big Dougan reckoned they were working on it.
I was in an hour before kick off and stayed half an hour, plenty room. Maybe busier just prior to kick of.
Fosters was bowfin.

Ok thanks. I'm planning on turning up about 1pm-ish so I'm assuming that will be plenty time to get a seat!

I'll be on the soft drinks anyway!

I didn't think there would be any TV's but thought I would ask. What would be the best pub to go to that will have the live football on?

Thanks again!

HUTCHYHIBBY
18-08-2017, 06:14 PM
The Office or The 4IH.

Sir David Gray
18-08-2017, 06:16 PM
The Office or The 4IH.

Cheers what's the bigger of the two? :aok:

HUTCHYHIBBY
18-08-2017, 07:34 PM
The 4IH has a bit through the back but, i've never been in that part. I would imagine that would make it the bigger of the two.

Sir David Gray
18-08-2017, 07:38 PM
The 4IH has a bit through the back but, i've never been in that part. I would imagine that would make it the bigger of the two.

Cheers! :aok:

WestEndHibee
18-08-2017, 09:02 PM
Without outing myself as a Partick Thistle fan, what is the drink offering like?

Cammy
19-08-2017, 08:31 AM
No under 18s allowed this week, I'll need to find somewhere else now. Shame as the match day experience is being taken away. Hopefully this is only a temporary thing as we no longer have the option of Hibs club either with it being members only.

Iggy Pope
19-08-2017, 09:58 AM
Ok thanks. I'm planning on turning up about 1pm-ish so I'm assuming that will be plenty time to get a seat!

I'll be on the soft drinks anyway!

I didn't think there would be any TV's but thought I would ask. What would be the best pub to go to that will have the live football on?

Thanks again!

Not sure how mobile you will be (sorry if I've got that wildly wrong), but there would be a bit more circulation space in The Office than you'll find in the Four In Hand. They're both going to get busy.

Iggy Pope
19-08-2017, 10:00 AM
Without outing myself as a Partick Thistle fan, what is the drink offering like?

Not good. Watery Fosters in a plastic tumbler the highlight.

Albanian Hibs
19-08-2017, 10:42 AM

Started to get busy about 2pm. We were in at 12. There are no seats. Only high tables to stand at. Fosters on draught which was ok. No tvs yet but Frank Dougan says they will try to get them installed in the next few weeks as well as eztending capacity.

Phil MaGlass
19-08-2017, 10:44 AM
why no just take yir ane beer and grab a couple of plastic cups when yir there, or do yi get searched before you get near the tent?

Fosters on draught or in a can is still pish.
How anyone can serve that when there are thousands of great beers out there is beyond me.
Easier getting a few good beers up toon then a taxi doon tae ER.

Sir David Gray
19-08-2017, 10:45 AM
Started to get busy about 2pm. We were in at 12. There are no seats. Only high tables to stand at. Fosters on draught which was ok. No tvs yet but Frank Dougan says they will try to get them installed in the next few weeks as well as eztending capacity.

Cheers. I think a pub might be the better option for the time being until the marquee gets fully up and running.

I'm_cabbaged
19-08-2017, 10:46 AM
Bottles for 3 quid is ok 👍

Sir David Gray
19-08-2017, 10:46 AM
Not sure how mobile you will be (sorry if I've got that wildly wrong), but there would be a bit more circulation space in The Office than you'll find in the Four In Hand. They're both going to get busy.

I'm in a wheelchair so the more space the better really.

Thanks.

RoslinInstHibby
19-08-2017, 12:53 PM
Don't bother with it....lasted 1 drink and left.....its awful

Big90inOz
19-08-2017, 01:05 PM
Fosters on draught, bugger me I thought that drink had been binned. Never seen in an Oz bar for a very long time due to it tasting like cats pi**

hibee_girl
19-08-2017, 06:47 PM
We arrived unusually early for the game today so decided to check out the pop up bar.

We got in at 245 and got served immediately.

It's obviously nothing special but it does the job.

Sir David Gray
19-08-2017, 07:29 PM
I had a coke and didn't enjoy it at all, it had a funny taste to it.

It's clearly better than nothing but unless they make improvements (start by installing TVs) then I think I'll be finding a pub from now on.

hibee_girl
23-08-2017, 12:12 PM
Tent is currently being taken down

Sean1875
23-08-2017, 12:14 PM
Tent is currently being taken down

In fairness that's probably due to us not being at home again for about a month - hopefully its back up for the Motherwell game. Was nothing special but was a nice short walk from the bar to the Sect 43 turnstyle :greengrin

SChibs
23-08-2017, 12:29 PM
Looking at this thread I must be the only person here that likes fosters

flash
23-08-2017, 02:03 PM

You live in a nation that drinks pints of Tennents by the million so i wouldn't worry too much about having different taste to other lager drinkers in Scotland.

JimBHibees
23-08-2017, 02:10 PM
You live in a nation that drinks pints of Tennents by the million so i wouldn't worry too much about having different taste to other lager drinkers in Scotland.

Very good point.

SChibs
23-08-2017, 02:24 PM

To be fair I'll drink any beer, ale, lager. I'm not fussy

Albanian Hibs
23-08-2017, 04:03 PM

I dont really like Fosters but I thought that the pint there was decent.

Gerard
23-08-2017, 04:53 PM
I dont really like Fosters but I thought that the pint there was decent.
Fosters is not my preferred drink but I will drink it. The club is doing its best to provide a service in absence of behind the goals. I am sure that another venue in time will be provided that gives more drink options. I will be a regular at this venue.

Onceinawhile
23-08-2017, 05:11 PM
Nothing wrong with fosters or tennents.

Just because they don't have daft names or ridiculous percentages doesn't mean they aren't good lagers.

lord bunberry
23-08-2017, 05:16 PM

Just because they don't have daft names or ridiculous percentages doesn't mean they aren't good lagers.

I agree. They aren't my favourite lagers, but they're fine when it's all that's available.

lyonhibs
23-08-2017, 05:37 PM
I agree. They aren't my favourite lagers, but they're fine when it's all that's available.

Indeed. Sounds like there's a bit of work to be done on the tent concept but expecting a craft ale tap House is a bit wide IMO.

Now, if it was only Carlsberg that was available, that would be different. That ***** is beyond undrinkable

Phil MaGlass
24-08-2017, 07:42 AM

Aye but Fosters doesnt have a fancy name or ridiculous percentages, its just a bloody piss poor beer, itīs worse than Heineken, thatīs seen as a student beer in Holland.

Brummie_Hibs
24-08-2017, 07:45 AM
Heineken is dire - would rather have a Fosters...in fact I'd rather have a soda & lime.

Sean1875
24-08-2017, 09:21 AM
Don't know if its just because i'm distracted by the upcoming football but Fosters at BTG/the tent is the only time ive actually enjoyed drinking it :agree:

Jones28
24-08-2017, 09:29 AM
I'd take fosters over a pint of bishops dick any day of the week, but surely tennents over either is the best option.