PDA

View Full Version : Six days on.....

Spike Mandela
18-08-2017, 09:17 AM
....from the Rangers game and Neil Lennon is now having a go at that fruitcake Pedro.

Ok it's the press and they probably ask the loaded question and Neil just honestly answers his opinion to any question but for me he should be dismissing this stuff now. Whilst it is good to see a Hibs manager stand up for himself and his team we need to move on and not dwell on it.

Let it go and leave the ranting to the raving hordes at Ibrox. Hamilton should be Neil's 100% focus now and he should tell the media that.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4801034/Neil-Lennon-blasts-Rangers-counterpart-Pedro-Caixinha.html

Ozyhibby
18-08-2017, 09:19 AM
....from the Rangers game and Neil Lennon is now having a go at that fruitcake Pedro.

Ok it's the press and they probably ask the loaded question and Neil just honestly answers his opinion to any question but for me he should be dismissing this stuff now. Whilst it is good to see a Hibs manager stand up for himself and his team we need to move on and not dwell on it.

Let it go and leave the ranting to the raving hordes at Ibrox. Hamilton should be Neil's 100% focus now and he should tell the media that.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4801034/Neil-Lennon-blasts-Rangers-counterpart-Pedro-Caixinha.html

I agree, needs to be all about Hamilton now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blaster
18-08-2017, 09:23 AM
To be fair yesterday was his first scheduled press conference since the pathetic statement was issued so guaranteed the press were going to be asking lots of questions about it.

He could have come out slating it earlier in the week but the dignified silence until yesterday has made them look very silly.

Now let's focus on 3 points tomorrow

hughio
18-08-2017, 09:31 AM
To be fair yesterday was his first scheduled press conference since the pathetic statement was issued so guaranteed the press were going to be asking lots of questions about it.

He could have come out slating it earlier in the week but the dignified silence until yesterday has made them look very silly.

:agree:Dignity.

ahibby
18-08-2017, 09:33 AM
Interesting that BBC reporting today that Rangers have introduced bad refereeing decisions in to their training in light of the recent game with Hibs. They emphasise (in bold) that Jack's red card has been rescinded. How many times have we had red cards overturned and how many times as a result did we introduce bad refereeing in to our training as a result. All teams will practice going down to ten men no matter whether the referee makes the wrong decision. Players should be used to that anyway, it happens at all levels of the game because Refs are only human and prone to make mistakes :-) As usual though because it's Rangers they and the BBC make a bid deal of it.

Stuart93
18-08-2017, 09:54 AM
Don't think lennon can do anything other than answer the questions that are put before him, I'm sure he'll have the players well up for the game tomorrow

Jim44
18-08-2017, 10:05 AM
Interesting that BBC reporting today that Rangers have introduced bad refereeing decisions in to their training in light of the recent game with Hibs. They emphasise (in bold) that Jack's red card has been rescinded. How many times have we had red cards overturned and how many times as a result did we introduce bad refereeing in to our training as a result. All teams will practice going down to ten men no matter whether the referee makes the wrong decision. Players should be used to that anyway, it happens at all levels of the game because Refs are only human and prone to make mistakes :-) As usual though because it's Rangers they and the BBC make a bid deal of it.

If they actually used those words, which I suspect they did, I think there is a case for bringing the game into disrepute. If they chose to train in such a way, then that's their prerogative, but why publicise their intentions? ........ yes, only one answer....... threaten and put pressure on referees into taking a 'lay off the Huns approach'.

Steve20
18-08-2017, 10:07 AM
Hamilton will be his focus. I seriously doubt that answering questions from the media about what happened last week will have any bearing on if we play well or not tomorrow.

edinburghhibee
18-08-2017, 10:11 AM
Do we ever get to read any reports into why jacks red card was overturned? The only thing I can think of is that the ref hasn't seen the head butt but has sent him off for something else and the wording of the charge has been challenged by the orcs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WeeRussell
18-08-2017, 11:32 AM
No issue with this. I'm sure he's capable of speaking his mind when asked a question, without losing concentration on the game tomorrow or letting it affect the team preparation.

WeeRussell
18-08-2017, 11:33 AM
Hamilton will be his focus. I seriously doubt that answering questions from the media about what happened last week will have any bearing on if we play well or not tomorrow.

Having just spotted your reply... I could have simply responded "this". :greengrin

Brightside
18-08-2017, 11:33 AM

He spent most of the presser telling them to stop going on about it.

Blaster
18-08-2017, 01:24 PM
He spent most of the presser telling them to stop going on about it.

Doesn't surprise me.

BullsCloseHibs
18-08-2017, 01:32 PM

And the red tops just won't accept a fine Hibs win either which is probably why Neil is having a pop back at that lot. Well said too son.

Hibbycol
18-08-2017, 01:42 PM

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4801034/Neil-Lennon-blasts-Rangers-counterpart-Pedro-Caixinha.htmlAmphitheatre, huh should have said it was an arm pit of a theatre of hate filled bile spewing Billy BIGOTS [emoji44]

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk