PDA

View Full Version : Move on ?

confused
18-08-2017, 09:12 AM
Am I the only one who is fed up reading/hearing about the game last week and the children throwing toys out the pram ? Let's move on , new day , new game , 😃. Mon the cabbage :flag::hibees

SonOfDavidFrancey
18-08-2017, 09:13 AM
Am I the only one who is fed up reading/hearing about the game last week and the children throwing toys out the pram ? Let's move on , new day , new game , 😃. Mon the cabbage :flag::hibees

Agreed and I think NL could have left it alone in his dealings with the press yesterday.

-Jonesy-
18-08-2017, 09:13 AM
Nah, may The Rangers 2012 be in for a long hard season of disappointment and bitterness, especially if it's caused by us!

jacomo
18-08-2017, 09:31 AM
Agreed and I think NL could have left it alone in his dealings with the press yesterday.

Yeah he could have done but he's not having blowhard fan groups issuing statements about him without some comeback.

Pedro didn't abide by the managers code so he gets it too.

The Hun have been telt.

Hibee87
18-08-2017, 09:33 AM

I suspect since yesterday is usually the day of the pre match press conference he is being asked these questions for the first time direct by a few journalists.....He could be knob i suspose and refuse to talk about it, but i think he is simply answering the questions being put to him.

jijihibby
18-08-2017, 10:30 AM

Well, that is what you get with Neil Lennon. I was not overjoyed when he was announced as the new boss of the team I love because of the baggage you mention but as manager he has quite blown me away and produced the best Hibs team in many years. Hibs no longer roll over to anyone as they did for many years. He does not take bull from anyone. Surely we all knew that before he came. If the New Rangers manager ignores him and speaks Portuguese at the post match get-together, he is not the type to take it meekly and keep his mouth shut. After being attacked on the field at Swinie and threatened constantly and even having bullets sent to him by post, he has every reason to be pissed off.

Onceinawhile
18-08-2017, 10:51 AM
Agree with you. Hamilton got a cracking result and are a real banana skin. No point throwing away last week's win with dropped points this week.

Laced1875
18-08-2017, 10:57 AM
I think Neil was desperate to draw a line yesterday. I believe that would be best for Hibs. 100% focus on Hamilton tomorrow

AlbertK86
18-08-2017, 11:00 AM
Lenny was spot on

Definitely correct to highlight that the Sevco tactic of deflection meant hibs didn't get the recognition for a fantastic performance and result.

Brilliant to have someone at the club who speaks out against press and shouts about the positives at our own club

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Hibbycol
18-08-2017, 11:05 AM
Agree with you. Hamilton got a cracking result and are a real banana skin. No point throwing away last week's win with dropped points this week.as I was twittering a tweet on twitter this is what I twitted 🦉. it will be BLOOD and THUNDER from hibs ,and THUD and BLUNDER from them ,tough game that we need to unlock their ten man defence ,cos they will kick and boot for a point ,so be warned my bonny fitba team ,at no time take them for granted [emoji106].

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

tamig
18-08-2017, 11:10 AM
I suspect since yesterday is usually the day of the pre match press conference he is being asked these questions for the first time direct by a few journalists.....He could be knob i suspose and refuse to talk about it, but i think he is simply answering the questions being put to him.

Agree 100%. It wasn't NL who brought the topic up yesterday and I think his responses were perfect. Done and dusted as far as he's concerned.

JimBHibees
18-08-2017, 11:15 AM
as I was twittering a tweet on twitter this is what I twitted 🦉. it will be BLOOD and THUNDER from hibs ,and THUD and BLUNDER from them ,tough game that we need to unlock their ten man defence ,cos they will kick and boot for a point ,so be warned my bonny fitba team ,at no time take them for granted [emoji106].

Hamilton will be aggressive no doubt the guy McKinnon in midfield kicks anything that moves.

Hibbycol
18-08-2017, 11:22 AM
Hamilton will be aggressive no doubt the guy McKinnon in midfield kicks anything that moves.I concur ,they have their level ,and been successful in staying up in the last three years ,so I say again be warned hibs ,and put cricket pads on instead off shin guards [emoji16]

camhibby1
18-08-2017, 11:27 AM
Agree 100%. It wasn't NL who brought the topic up yesterday and I think his responses were perfect. Done and dusted as far as he's concerned.

Appreciate what Neil Lennon is doing. He has a high profile and his determination to hear "the other side of the story" rather than the usual MSM bowing down to Sevco is to be welcomed. Sevco's problems will continue - will continue to be swept under the carpet. Scottish Football needs someone like Neil Lennon to burst the bubble and at the same time show up the SFA for what they are...Glasgow's Finest A........!

Scottie
18-08-2017, 12:51 PM
:agree: Last weeks result was worth 3 points and so is this weeks against Hamilton. Onwards and upwards. Lennon was bang on the money to respond to the questions at the press conference yesterday.

He'll have them as fired up for tomorrows game. :aok:

Borderhibbie76
18-08-2017, 12:52 PM
Agree with you. Hamilton got a cracking result and are a real banana skin. No point throwing away last week's win with dropped points this week.As if answering a few questions directed to him will affect the performance tomorrow...come on now

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

iwasthere1972
18-08-2017, 12:52 PM

I'd forgotten all about it until I opened this thread. :grr: :grr:

NAE NOOKIE
18-08-2017, 01:17 PM
Agreed. After all that's been said and written about last Saturday at the end of the day we get the same 3 points for beating Hamilton as we do for beating the Huns. It was a great result and the seethe from Ibrox was pleasing and at times hilarious, but if we drop points at home to Hamilton we might as well not have bothered.

Neil Lennon was bang on yesterday, but that should be his last utterance on the matter ... its time to concentrate on our upcoming fixtures and I don't think for a second that Mr Lennon didn't make that clear to the players the second they walked through the door at East Mains on Monday morning.

On that note ............ A wee sit down with Anthony Stokes might be in order. I don't think I'm the only Hibs fan who thought that his seeming determination to get involved in personal battles at Ibrox not only put the team in danger of playing the game a man short if the ref hadn't been so lenient, it also hampered his value to the team on the day. Apart from getting involved in the games flashpoints he was hardly noticeable apart from a couple of pretty tame efforts on goal. I expect better from him and I'm pretty sure Neil Lennon does as well.

BullsCloseHibs
18-08-2017, 01:34 PM
I think you'll find Neil was the one who was asked AGAIN about last weekend by the press yesterday. What's he supposed to do? He responded and did actually move the story on. He also signed a player yesterday.