PDA

View Full Version : Time the great healer

proud_and_green
17-08-2017, 01:09 PM
It seems a lifetime since many on here were ready to end it all because of lack of transfer action and in particular the Fyvie situation.

What does everyone think now? Would FF be a regular. I always liked him and wasn't overly pleased that he was released, I suspect he would struggle to get on the bench most weeks now though!

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Hibbycol
17-08-2017, 01:13 PM
It seems a lifetime since many on here were ready to end it all because of lack of transfer action and in particular the Fyvie situation.

What does everyone think now? Would FF be a regular. I always liked him and wasn't overly pleased that he was released, I suspect he would struggle to get on the bench most weeks now though!

Sent from my E5823 using TapatalkIn leeann and lenny we trust , in the end all things said and done [emoji55]

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

MWHIBBIES
17-08-2017, 01:16 PM
McGeouchs fitness is fragile and Bartley isnt needed in a lot of games so yes, Fyvie still shouldve been kept. Excellent business otherwise but that was never in doubt. Bed wetting on here was embarrassing.

HibsNutter
17-08-2017, 01:23 PM
With Slivka coming in and Bartley more important in big games, Fyvie would struggle to get on the bench when we are at full strength.

R'Albin
17-08-2017, 01:30 PM
I didn't really get why everyone was so worked up about Fyvie either. A decent player but I was confident Lennon would find better and it seems he has.

A good servant for us but there's a reason he wasn't picked up by a top four club, because he isn't a top four quality player.

Spike Mandela
17-08-2017, 01:48 PM
If time is a healer why not give it some time.

We are two weeks in to the season, far too early to make judgements on team, good or bad.

snooky
17-08-2017, 01:54 PM
If time is a healer why not give it some time.

We are two weeks in to the season, far too early to make judgements on team, good or bad.

Just as well - do you know how long you have to wait for an appointment with a doctor these days? :furious:

portyhibernian
17-08-2017, 02:14 PM
Before the season began I admittedly was critical of the striker situation. We had allowed Cummings and Keatings to go and only brought in Simon Murray who although I believed to be a decent enough player, wasn't doing much for my confidence levels so close to the start of the campaign. However since that point we've played some excellent stuff, brought in some high calibre players and I couldn't be more delighted with the current state of the squad and to see Simon Murray banging the goals in every game. Long may it continue - good things come to those who wait it seems!

Del Boy
17-08-2017, 02:21 PM
Spoke to a United fan the other day who says Keatings been very disappointing so far. Fyvie been ok but not fit yet. Stanton apparently been very impressive for them in first few weeks.

GreenArmyyy!
17-08-2017, 03:06 PM
So chuffed with our squad that I strangely find myself unperturbed as to whether Barker signs for us or not. Wonderful times to be a Hibby!

Viva_Palmeiras
17-08-2017, 03:34 PM
Spoke to a United fan the other day who says Keatings been very disappointing so far. Fyvie been ok but not fit yet. Stanton apparently been very impressive for them in first few weeks.

He been injured tho no? Didn't he score an important goal despite that?

lord bunberry
17-08-2017, 03:39 PM
It's the same every year, everyone is keen to see players signed and a squad fit to wear the jersey. I've never used the term bedwetting as I see it as people being passionate and caring what happens with the club. It's far more worrying when apathy sets in imo.
We're pretty much there now and things are looking good, let's just enjoy the ride.

Tornadoes70
17-08-2017, 03:40 PM
I thought Fyvie was a hit or miss type player. On his day he could link and hold up play with spraying passes around but quite frequently his passing was off and he'd slow play down when what we needed was a bit of high tempo. I liked Fyvie and thought he could have become the player he threatened to but more often than not he could be frustrating. Hope he goes on to do well with utd though. Others might think differently of him of course.

SRHibs
17-08-2017, 03:56 PM
I would still take Fyvie back however not if it was a 'one or the other' with Slivka.

yonder1875
17-08-2017, 06:11 PM

Don't think this united fan needs to worry about Keatings, he's a good wee player who'll do a big job for them imo.

MyJo
17-08-2017, 06:18 PM
Fyvie would have been a good player to have in the squad but wouldn't be first pick as things stand.

Ozyhibby
17-08-2017, 06:40 PM
It's not time that's the healer here, it's that we appear to have made some decent signings. If we hadn't I'd still be raging no matter how much time past.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hfc rd
17-08-2017, 07:02 PM
I would have liked to have kept Fyvie but right now, I couldn't see him starting as things stand. Great wee player who I wish him all the best for his future. Will always be a legend after 21/05/16.

heretoday
17-08-2017, 07:23 PM
It is remarkable how Hibs have turned it around. When you think of the Fenlon, Calderwood, Butcher days it's amazing.

I put it down to Leann myself.

But I haven't watched Hibs since 1963 without knowing that the edifice can quickly crack and collapse leaving us bitter men so don't get too high is my advice.

Borderhibbie76
18-08-2017, 01:03 PM
I didn't really get why everyone was so worked up about Fyvie either. A decent player but I was confident Lennon would find better and it seems he has.

A good servant for us but there's a reason he wasn't picked up by a top four club, because he isn't a top four quality player.Same liked fyvie myself but didn't rate him as highly as many in here...hes signed for a championship club which says a lot tbh. Decent player but no more than that and was a main contributor to our lack of creativity from midfield in last season on 2 in Championship.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Borderhibbie76
18-08-2017, 01:04 PM
Spoke to a United fan the other day who says Keatings been very disappointing so far. Fyvie been ok but not fit yet. Stanton apparently been very impressive for them in first few weeks.Yeah an Arab mate of mine said so far of the 3 Sammy has been the most impressive. Thus far he ain't too enamoured with Fyvie or Keats

MWHIBBIES
18-08-2017, 01:41 PM
Same liked fyvie myself but didn't rate him as highly as many in here...hes signed for a championship club which says a lot tbh. Decent player but no more than that and was a main contributor to our lack of creativity from midfield in last season on 2 in Championship.

Sent from my SM-G920F using TapatalkHe has signed for Dundee United, not Dumbarton. Hibs signed some incredible players in the championship, what did that say about those players?

Borderhibbie76
18-08-2017, 01:55 PM
He has signed for Dundee United, not Dumbarton. Hibs signed some incredible players in the championship, what did that say about those players?Agreed and if u read my post I said he was a decent player. But a lot thought he would sign for a top 4 or 6 prem side when he left...thats the point I was making. Decent but not not the huge loss many said he would be - imo of course