PDA

View Full Version : Happy Birthday Hearts 2-1 Hibs

steve75
17-08-2017, 10:38 AM
Hearts last victory over Hibs is 3 years old today! How fast they grow.

:flag:

Keith_M
17-08-2017, 10:42 AM
7 in a row

Thecat23
17-08-2017, 10:43 AM
Another game we should have actually won. Wasn't that when Craig missed a pen when scores were 0-0?

Cabbage East
17-08-2017, 10:44 AM
Special relationship with the Edinburgh Derby.

Diclonius
17-08-2017, 10:45 AM
At that game I was so conditioned to derby defeats I didn't actually feel that bad leaving the ground.

How times have changed.

cleanyman
17-08-2017, 10:46 AM
Blew that game

Annoying

SRHibs
17-08-2017, 10:48 AM
Here we go, 8 in a row!

Jones28
17-08-2017, 10:50 AM
Another game we should have actually won. Wasn't that when Craig missed a pen when scores were 0-0?

Yeah think that was the one

Thecat23
17-08-2017, 11:05 AM
Yeah think that was the one

Thought so, Farrid scored a beauty to get us back into the game. It's strange I used to dread derbies, loved the build up etc but Hibs would more often than not just lose their bottle. Many games we'd outplay them then switch off and lose late goals.

Now is a different kettle of fish, we as fans and as a team go into these games expecting to win. That attitude is what we have lacked for years and Lennon being the winner he is has nailed this into us after Stubbs managing to change the tone. Between the both of them they have installed a great attitude to derbies and long may it continue.

High-On-Hibs
17-08-2017, 11:09 AM
Thought so, Farrid scored a beauty to get us back into the game. It's strange I used to dread derbies, loved the build up etc but Hibs would more often than not just lose their bottle. Many games we'd outplay them then switch off and lose late goals.

Now is a different kettle of fish, we as fans and as a team go into these games expecting to win. That attitude is what we have lacked for years and Lennon being the winner he is has nailed this into us after Stubbs managing to change the tone. Between the both of them they have installed a great attitude to derbies and long may it continue.

Hear, hear! :aok:

FilipinoHibs
17-08-2017, 11:19 AM
At that game I was so conditioned to derby defeats I didn't actually feel that bad leaving the ground.

How times have changed.

For many years bloid pressure and heart rate through the roof. Verging on heart attack. Lets make it ten a row this season.

jijihibby
17-08-2017, 11:34 AM
For many years bloid pressure and heart rate through the roof. Verging on heart attack. Lets make it ten a row this season.

This will be NL's first. But he knows Hertz well - and was even attacked by one of their rabid fans on the pitch at Swinie - and, as you say, Hibs will go into this with heads high and champing at the bit - changed days indeed, whatever the result.

I wonder if the New Rangers fans believe that abusing our manager and issuing death threats and so on will change a thing - will it make their players better? Will it make their game plans work? Will it intimidate NL or the Hibs fans?

Those days are long gone.

Mikers110
17-08-2017, 11:43 AM
This will be NL's first. But he knows Hertz well - and was even attacked by one of their rabid fans on the pitch at Swinie - and, as you say, Hibs will go into this with heads high and champing at the bit - changed days indeed, whatever the result.

I wonder if the New Rangers fans believe that abusing our manager and issuing death threats and so on will change a thing - will it make their players better? Will it make their game plans work? Will it intimidate NL or the Hibs fans?

Those days are long gone.

Apart from the 0-0 and 3-1 last season :wink:

GreenArmyyy!
17-08-2017, 11:43 AM

Completely agree mate. The 2-2 comeback at Tynecastle was the first time I stopped and thought "This is a new Hibs". Wonderful times, just a shame we've been out of the league otherwise it could have been far higher than 7!

Thecat23
17-08-2017, 11:49 AM
Completely agree mate. The 2-2 comeback at Tynecastle was the first time I stopped and thought "This is a new Hibs". Wonderful times, just a shame we've been out of the league otherwise it could have been far higher than 7!

It would be higher than 7 that's a cert. But we're back and I bet when we play them every Hearts fans Asshole will have its own heartbeat, they'll be bricking it.

rcarter1
17-08-2017, 02:29 PM
Thanks for this snippet. I realise now that my daughter has not experienced a derby defeat (at least not since leaving the comforts of the womb).
:aok:

NadeAteMyLunch!
17-08-2017, 06:35 PM
Ridiculous that we lost that day. Just summed up decades of derbies. Dominated the first half and the usually reliable Craig(from the spot) tried to take a penalty without looking at the ball. Absolute shocker. They then scored their customary 30 yard wonder strike with one of their first attempts at goal. They then of course score their penalty.
Changed days now though. Should defo be more than 7 in a row as well, how Fenlon and Butcher contrived to lose so many derbies the season we were both relegated I'll never know. They were awful, we were somehow worse

hfc rd
17-08-2017, 07:13 PM
I'm absolutely buzzing for when we play them in October. We are so far ahead of them in every department on and off the pitch.

heretoday
17-08-2017, 07:18 PM
I'm absolutely buzzing for when we play them in October. We are so far ahead of them in every department on and off the pitch.

Hibs'll take them to the cleaners.

SirDavidsNapper
17-08-2017, 07:20 PM
Hearts last victory over Hibs is 3 years old today! How fast they grow.

And a lucky one at that.

Northernhibee
17-08-2017, 08:45 PM
I don't see where Hearts next derby win is coming from. Not only are we a mile the better team they'll be repaying their new stand for some time. We've paid ours, have record season ticket numbers and numerous international players.

Hfcwilson3192
18-08-2017, 04:23 PM
Hopefully we surpass that famous scoreline at tynie this season. Total Derby dominance for years to come.

SirDavidsNapper
18-08-2017, 04:34 PM
They are very, very lucky they aren't playing us early as they'd be on the receiving end of a cricket score.

rcarter1
18-08-2017, 08:47 PM
They are very, very lucky they aren't playing us early as they'd be on the receiving end of a cricket score.

If things go well for the next few weeks, then it will just enhance their apprehension. BTW I think they will be top 6, but I think we are about as good as we can be at the moment. Too many of our players get the derby for us to make a hash of it, and its all on them to change the momentum.

hashtag - canny wait.

hibsbollah
19-08-2017, 08:37 AM
Ive still never seen us win at Tynecastle. Ive been six times, W0 D1 L5 and the combined score is F1 A15. Im not sure whether I'm a jinx and I'm best off staying away, or if I should go this year because its time I saw us win there for a change.

London hearts site used to have all the records of derby games, regularly updated. It seems like nobody has been maintaining the site since 2015-2016, I'm not sure if its a coincidence that they cant beat us at the moment...

BroxburnHibee
19-08-2017, 09:14 AM
Ive still never seen us win at Tynecastle. Ive been six times, W0 D1 L5 and the combined score is F1 A15. Im not sure whether I'm a jinx and I'm best off staying away, or if I should go this year because its time I saw us win there for a change.

London hearts site used to have all the records of derby games, regularly updated. It seems like nobody has been maintaining the site since 2015-2016, I'm not sure if its a coincidence that they cant beat us at the moment...

:hmmm:

Sniff sniff :wink:

hibsbollah
19-08-2017, 09:18 AM
:hmmm:

Sniff sniff :wink:

:faf: pure coincidence.

I've never been accused of being an undercover yam before. After almost 17000 posts I would have to be very deep undercover :faf:

Hibbyradge
19-08-2017, 09:18 AM
For many years bloid pressure and heart rate through the roof. Verging on heart attack. Lets make it twelve a row this season.

ftfy

Hibbyradge
19-08-2017, 09:27 AM

I've seen them win there a good few times, in fact, I used to take it for granted that we would win.

However, if you get the chance of a ticket, take it. There's no such thing as a jinx.

BroxburnHibee
19-08-2017, 09:28 AM
:faf: pure coincidence.

I've never been accused of being an undercover yam before. After almost 17000 posts I would have to be very deep undercover :faf:

:greengrin

We'll be watching now :hilarious

Jones28
19-08-2017, 09:31 AM

Absolutely. Positivity and confidence, something that I have rarely felt as a Hibs fan 😂

After Tony Mowbrays first season in charge (and my first season ticket year) my dad goes to me "now son, it's not always going to be like this"...I guess he was right!

Diclonius
19-08-2017, 09:43 AM
Ridiculous that we lost that day. Just summed up decades of derbies. Dominated the first half and the usually reliable Craig(from the spot) tried to take a penalty without looking at the ball. Absolute shocker. They then scored their customary 30 yard wonder strike with one of their first attempts at goal. They then of course score their penalty.
Changed days now though. Should defo be more than 7 in a row as well, how Fenlon and Butcher contrived to lose so many derbies the season we were both relegated I'll never know. They were awful, we were somehow worse

The League Cup one was the worst of the lot. Batter them for about half an hour - some of the most one-sided derby action I've ever seen - then Ryan Stevenson scores a goal he could probably attempt a million times after that and never score.

We had a few more chances but were completely deflated. Fenton deserved to go after that, his derby record was Miller-esque.

hibsbollah
19-08-2017, 10:58 AM
:greengrin

We'll be watching now :hilarious

:agree: jinxed undercover yams ken whits gaun on