PDA

View Full Version : Tickets On Line Ticketing and Windows 10

Jock O
16-08-2017, 09:28 PM
I cant seem to get the interactive seating map up on any browser on my PC or on my phone, I know there had been some debate on here before but cant find the thread. Have tried Edge,Chrome and Firefox and none working on my windows 10 set up. Help appreciated to save me the booking fee in the morning, thanks,

Lancs Harp
16-08-2017, 09:35 PM
I use firefox with Windows10 cant say I have ever had a problem.

Jock O
16-08-2017, 09:38 PM

Okay thanks, I will try that again, as that was the third one I tried.

Ryan91
16-08-2017, 09:43 PM
I cant seem to get the interactive seating map up on any browser on my PC or on my phone, I know there had been some debate on here before but cant find the thread. Have tried Edge,Chrome and Firefox and none working on my windows 10 set up. Help appreciated to save me the booking fee in the morning, thanks,

It's to do with the fact that the interactive seating map uses flash, which is no longer supported by virtually all the browsers (apart from Internet Explorer - which is no longer being updated).

If you have Internet Explorer on your PC, use that because that is the only browser that currently displays the interactive seating map.

Alternatively you can use the other option "Closest to seat" - where you choose your section and then enter which row and seat number you'd like to be close to and it'll hopefully work.

Or use the second option which is called overview, simply select your block, specify how many tickets you want and it'll randomly assign a seat or seats depending upon your choice.

Hope this helps.

Jock O
16-08-2017, 09:54 PM
It's to do with the fact that the interactive seating map uses flash, which is no longer supported by virtually all the browsers (apart from Internet Explorer - which is no longer being updated).

If you have Internet Explorer on your PC, use that because that is the only browser that currently displays the interactive seating map.

Alternatively you can use the other option "Closest to seat" - where you choose your section and then enter which row and seat number you'd like to be close to and it'll hopefully work.

Or use the second option which is called overview, simply select your block, specify how many tickets you want and it'll randomly assign a seat or seats depending upon your choice.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for this, it didn't seem to work on closed to seat either as it wont go beyond the section. Not sure I have IE on or it can run on Windows 10. will have a look. Think a call to ticket office is easier. This being an expat has more than a few drawbacks when it comes to the footie :-)

Jock O
16-08-2017, 09:56 PM

That didn't work either for me. I assume from your user name you are Lancs based, I may be asking you some questions on decent pubs to watch football in over season.

Twiglet
16-08-2017, 10:00 PM

For chrome go to settings -> advance settings -> content settings -> flash. Click on "add" and copy/paste the ticketing site in. Should work (though isn't tonight for some reason, it may be my internet connection though as it's very slow and pages aren't loading correctly).

Ryan91
16-08-2017, 10:07 PM
Thanks for this, it didn't seem to work on closed to seat either as it wont go beyond the section. Not sure I have IE on or it can run on Windows 10. will have a look. Think a call to ticket office is easier. This being an expat has more than a few drawbacks when it comes to the footie :-)

It's a pain in the backside for sure. Ticketmaster/Hibs need to look into getting a non-flash based interactive seating plan for the eticketing site, support for Flash will end in 2020, so the clock is ticking for them

For chrome go to settings -> advance settings -> content settings -> flash. Click on "add" and copy/paste the ticketing site in. Should work (though isn't tonight for some reason, it may be my internet connection though as it's very slow and pages aren't loading correctly).

Looks like this is a work-around for now, above point still stands though, a move to non-flash would save a lot of hassle

Jock O
16-08-2017, 10:09 PM

Actually the closest to seat works for the Motherwell game, it looks like West Upper may be sold out for Saturday, South it is then!

Winston Ingram
17-08-2017, 06:08 AM

It's ridiculous this is still going on. Having people having download different browsers on different devices just cause they can't be bothered to update their software.

Golden Bear
17-08-2017, 06:25 AM

:aok:

green day
17-08-2017, 06:55 AM
It's ridiculous this is still going on. Having people having download different browsers on different devices just cause they can't be bothered to update their software.

It's not just ticketmaster, loads of sites use flash. I mostly use a Chromebook now and it's a PITA.

jgl07
17-08-2017, 07:47 AM

It's more a case of people not having their computers set up correctly.

It works on my Windows 10 computer on Edge and Opera. I can't recall having problems with Chrome and other browsers on older machines.

The annoying thing is that I can't use it on my iPad and iPhone.

It's not just ticketmaster here either.

HappyAsHellas
17-08-2017, 09:31 AM
Doing the same thing again today, stating there are errors on the page. I use Linux with chrome which has flash enabled but had to choose Stand B and best option so have no idea what seats I bought. Got them though, and that's the main thing.

kentao
17-08-2017, 09:58 AM
Try turning off protected mode.

Settings -> Internet Options -> Security

Uncheck enable protected mode.

Close down IE and try to buy tickets

High-On-Hibs
17-08-2017, 10:00 AM
Sounds like an Adobe Flash issue. Some browsers come with the flash plugin attached, others don't and you have to download it and install it manually from their site.

inglisavhibs
17-08-2017, 10:03 AM
Doing the same thing again today, stating there are errors on the page. I use Linux with chrome which has flash enabled but had to choose Stand B and best option so have no idea what seats I bought. Got them though, and that's the main thing.
You have to add both the Hibs site and the Ticketmaster site to your flash. It works ok once you do that.

Keith_M
17-08-2017, 10:45 AM
It's a pain in the backside for sure. Ticketmaster/Hibs need to look into getting a non-flash based interactive seating plan for the eticketing site, support for Flash will end in 2020, so the clock is ticking for them

Looks like this is a work-around for now, above point still stands though, a move to non-flash would save a lot of hassle

I've mentioned on here before thar I'd be happy to do that... for a very reasonable fee

:greengrin

CMurdoch
17-08-2017, 11:12 AM
I've mentioned on here before thar I'd be happy to do that... for a very reasonable fee

:greengrin

Send your business plan to Leanne.
If it ain't big bucks and drastically improves service for the long term it should be a runner.

madabouthibs
17-08-2017, 12:00 PM
I solved this on mine on W7, had to download Adobe Flash or suchlike and then Enable it in the browser settings (Chrome)
Here's the topic in Technical Help:
http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?322731-Can-t-get-any-dot-count-page-on-browsers