PDA

View Full Version : Dnipro Kids - Update - video added

StevieC
15-08-2017, 05:38 PM
This weekend, whilst Hibs were doing over Rangers at Ibrox, Dnipro Kids had organised a nice surprise for one of the "family" orphanages ..
.. a new bike!

For those of you that follow our updates, you might remember that at the start of the year we purchased a new bike for each of the "family" orphanages that we support .. however .. the newest "family" orphanage joined us after that event so we decided to get them one as well.

Natalie organised the purchase of a new bike, but it was kept a secret from the orphanage. She arrived for a visit on Saturday, to see how the orphanage and the kids were getting along. After greeting the family she invited them outside for a small gift .. and she tells us that the look on the boy's faces when they received their new gift was a sight to behold .. and she also says their were genuine tears of joy from the orphanage "parents" at such a wonderful gift for the boys.

EDIT: I've added the video of when the boys saw the bike. They are that stunned at getting something so nice and new they are actually unsure about touching it. If you think you can hold your emotions in then keep watching and see how you manage when you see the orphanage mother shedding tears .. and how the oldest boy reacts when he sees this.

https://youtu.be/XcXG-yB8Ck4

See the photo below .. I hope it does the event justice.

http://www.hibs.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=19195&d=1502742142

As you can see in the photo, Natalie also gifted the boys with some of the Hibs football tops that were taken out earlier this year. The kids love to get Hibs tops, but fortunately this was the last of the tops that were taken out earlier this year .. check out the "stickied" post above regarding Hibs tops, and please get in touch if you have any old or outgrown Hibs football tops you'd like to donate.

Thanks for taking the time to read this. :aok:

Deansy
15-08-2017, 05:54 PM
This weekend, whilst Hibs were doing over Rangers at Ibrox, Dnipro Kids had organised a nice surprise for one of the "family" orphanages ..
.. a new bike!

For those of you that follow our updates, you might remember that at the start of the year we purchased a new bike for each of the "family" orphanages that we support .. however .. the newest "family" orphanage joined us after that event so we decided to get them one as well.

Natalie organised the purchase of a new bike, but it was kept a secret from the orphanage. She arrived for a visit on Saturday, to see how the orphanage and the kids were getting along. After greeting the family she invited them outside for a small gift .. and she tells us that the look on the boy's faces when they received their new gift was a sight to behold .. and she also says their were genuine tears of joy from the orphanage "parents" at such a wonderful gift for the boys.

EDIT: I've added the video of when the boys saw the bike. They are that stunned at getting something so nice and new they are actually unsure about touching it. If you think you can hold your emotions in then keep watching and see how you manage when you see the orphanage mother shedding tears .. and how the oldest boy reacts when he sees this.

See the photo below .. I hope it does the event justice.

http://www.hibs.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=19195&d=1502742142

As you can see in the photo, Natalie also gifted the boys with some of the Hibs football tops that were taken out earlier this year. The kids love to get Hibs tops, but fortunately this was the last of the tops that were taken out earlier this year .. check out the "stickied" post above regarding Hibs tops, and please get in touch if you have any old or outgrown Hibs football tops you'd like to donate.

Thanks for taking the time to read this. :aok:

Tried - failed miserably !. What a lovely video and what lovely bairns - you and the orphanage do a fantastic job !

StevieC
16-08-2017, 07:17 AM
Tried - failed miserably !. What a lovely video and what lovely bairns - you and the orphanage do a fantastic job !

Told you it was a tear jerker .. the response from the eldest orphan when he sees the mother crying shows how much of an effect these parents have on orphanage kids in the right environment.

thanks for the kind words

edinburghhibee
16-08-2017, 07:57 AM
What a wonderful charity you've created! Well done everyone from the OP, the staff in Dnipro and the fans contributing. These small things we all take for granted here go a long way to making these kids happy. Keep up the great work everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

StevieC
16-08-2017, 02:27 PM
What a wonderful charity you've created! Well done everyone from the OP, the staff in Dnipro and the fans contributing. These small things we all take for granted here go a long way to making these kids happy. Keep up the great work everyone.

We wouldn't be able to do it without the continued support of the Hibernian community, so it's down to ordinary supporters like yourself

OtleyHibs
16-08-2017, 02:34 PM
I can't see any video, is that cos I am using the phone to view this forum or am I being dumb and missing something obvious?

As others have said this is a great charity and you've all done a great job. Did this just get started following our trip to Dnipro? If so, it's amazing that one European tie has led to so much for the kids there and congrats to all involved

Velma Dinkley
16-08-2017, 02:38 PM
You can find the video if you copy and paste this into your browser (I'm on mobile too so can't add a link) https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XcXG-yB8Ck4

It seems to work on mobile if you just click on that url

Velma Dinkley
16-08-2017, 02:42 PM
I can't see any video, is that cos I am using the phone to view this forum or am I being dumb and missing something obvious?

As others have said this is a great charity and you've all done a great job. Did this just get started following our trip to Dnipro? If so, it's amazing that one European tie has led to so much for the kids there and congrats to all involved

Yeah, that's where it all began. This video helps explain how it all started: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kDH9AXwbjI8

OtleyHibs
16-08-2017, 05:11 PM
Thanks for the links Cilla, brilliant videos. Amazing that a couple of Hibees on a Euro trip has led to all that, well done to them and everyone else involved since it started.

Weird to think so much good came from something as simple as a cup draw, gives "luck of the draw" a whole new meaning!

The people behind this and other such things like the group buying season tickets for kids at home (forgot the name, sorry!) really deserve a medal, inspirational.

StevieC
16-08-2017, 10:39 PM

I think it is because you are viewing from a phone. I've added the link to the opening post so it's visible on phones as well.